Wednesday MLB Discussion Thread

i did a quick once over last night and circled them to dig deeper on so lean that way, haven’t gotten to it yet tho. Honestly I didn’t see a whole lot that jumped out to me on this card. Fish maybe, Jays maybe?

roark has been pretty bad. Not sure I wanna step in front of him

roark has been pretty bad. Not sure I wanna step in front of him

i know, im gonna have to find some hidden things i really like to actually go thru with backing roark who ive never liked! just got circled for obvious reason of getting plus money against banged up and slumping yanks team. lot of games i circle on initial glance dont make it, sometimes i even end up on the opposite side like nats yesterday, pretty sure that not happening here tho,.

wanted to play tigers but was shocked to see milw was sporting a pretty good ops vs lefties.

ok, forget the jays. nothing about roark looks promising. velo down across the board on all his pitches, he hitting more barrels which leading to highest hard hit rate in his career. His walk rate has jumped way up, hr/9 highest of career, i saw very little to be encouraged about. for some reason he been better vs lefties than righties this year but that doesnt make any sense so assume just small sample size. he has pitched 2 very good starts vs yanks in '18 and '19 but that really not enough to like him here. yankees are probably the right side.

think ive mentioned bunch of times since watching brubaker make his 1st appearance that i like his stuff. He has been very good vs right handed hitters holding them to a .542 ops on the year. chisox a tough lineup but most their best hitters are right handed, both their switch hitters been better vs lhp than right this season (not for their careers). i think brubaker can give us 5-6 quality innings here in a decent pitchers park, i like him to hold chisox to 2 maybe 3 runs at most.

that just leaves what will dunning do vs pirates putrid but hitting better of late lineup? he wasnt good last time out but that was with having to pitch to royals in b2b starts which always tough imo. he continuing to get lots of ground balls like he did all thru the minors, to go along with the high gb rate he striking out more than 11 per 9 which also lines up with his miro league numbers. i think he should be able to limit the pirates for 5 innings. could very well keep them scoreless.

ill take the cws/pit ff u4.5

anyone know who was the ump in the lad/zona game last night? im sure i could look but wanted to mention it anyways? anyone else catch that game? i watched a little after the lakers game was over, i saw doyers come back and tie it up, then i dozed off for a little bit in bottom of 8th or so, i woke up after lad scored 4 in extra innings and watched Jansen almost blow it! same old Jansen i was thinking! lol.. anyways the home plate ump did about as awful a job calling balls and strikes as i ever seen!! snakes pitchers in particular were getting totally fucked as this clown called strike after obvious strike a ball! i couldnt believe the shit he was calling balls, never heard tv guys actually say who the hell it was tho and didnt think to look as i was tired in bed.

ok, forget the jays. nothing about roark looks promising. velo down across the board on all his pitches, he hitting more barrels which leading to highest hard hit rate in his career. His walk rate has jumped way up, hr/9 highest of career, i saw very little to be encouraged about. for some reason he been better vs lefties than righties this year but that doesnt make any sense so assume just small sample size. he has pitched 2 very good starts vs yanks in '18 and '19 but that really not enough to like him here. yankees are probably the right side.

yeah he’s been bad. Control been huge issue. Deivi is the real deal

my problem with fish tonight is they havnt been very good vs lefty pitching and tommy milone has been shockingly good this season while throwing 86mph! lol. lopez been pretty good himself outside last start where he had to face the rays b2b outings which as i always mention is a pretty tough thing especially against a strong lineup.,

only one brewer doesnt have a hit today and only 2 guys dont have a rbi! Hiura the only guy without a hit or a run scored but he does have a walk. gotta love shitty offenses like these who out of nowhere score a ton of runs! lol... hey brewers888, are they anything like cardinals and after a day like this they only score 1-2 runs the next 2-3 games?

my problem with fish tonight is they havnt been very good vs lefty pitching and tommy milone has been shockingly good this season while throwing 86mph! lol. lopez been pretty good himself outside last start where he had to face the rays b2b outings which as i always mention is a pretty tough thing especially against a strong lineup.,

tommy has been shit w Braves. Don’t think he’s gotten out of the 5th but you could be right. I’m afraid braves can hit this kid too

tommy has been shit w Braves. Don’t think he’s gotten out of the 5th but you could be right. I’m afraid braves can hit this kid too

he wasnt bad his last start vs nats and they smash lefties plus that was 3rd or 4th time they have seen him this year. i wasnt quite sure why braves yanked him after the 4th in that last start? he was spreading singles around but had only allowed one run and looked fine. so one terrible start then that start where he got pulled early has been it,, little early to make much judgement imo.. i dunno, im staying away from that one.

only one brewer doesnt have a hit today and only 2 guys dont have a rbi! Hiura the only guy without a hit or a run scored but he does have a walk. gotta love shitty offenses like these who out of nowhere score a ton of runs! lol... hey brewers888, are they anything like cardinals and after a day like this they only score 1-2 runs the next 2-3 games?

Brewers will be lucky to score 3 runs total this weekend. I hate games like this.

Brewers will be lucky to score 3 runs total this weekend. I hate games like this.

lol, yep.. kinda been cards mo the last several years. explode for 10+ runs then cant reach 4 for next 3-4 days. hated it as a fan but liked it as a gambler as predictability our friend!!!

wow, reds/cubs ff is freaking 3. that the lowest ff total ive seen since i started playing ff unders at beginning of last year.. seen plenty of 3.5s but this the 1st 3 i recall.. obviously for good reason but not sure i can play that? i figured 3.5 and was starting to debate whether i was willing to play that, lol. they do have a strong wind blowing in which should really benefit Bauer, cant see any dingers so teams gonna have to string together several hits/walks to get a run in.

wow, reds/cubs ff is freaking 3. that the lowest ff total ive seen since i started playing ff unders at beginning of last year.. seen plenty of 3.5s but this the 1st 3 i recall.. obviously for good reason but not sure i can play that? i figured 3.5 and was starting to debate whether i was willing to play that, lol. they do have a strong wind blowing in which should really benefit Bauer, cant see any dingers so teams gonna have to string together several hits/walks to get a run in.

I get killed on totals or I’d be with you on under. Played Yanks ML and that’s it

Wrigley wind was brutal IN last night. At least 2-3 balls kept from going out because of it...it was a huge factor in the game.

Wrigley wind was brutal IN last night. At least 2-3 balls kept from going out because of it...it was a huge factor in the game.

that gonna make it incredibly tough to score off Yu or Bauer! Yu has stopped giving up bombs all a sudden this year anyways, still the best way to get Bauer so without chance of those i dont see how this is more than a few runs after 5, if that.

like the O's/mets over again tonight. mets should help contribute more to the scoring tonight. i been pretty good picking the spots porcello was gonna be good, i dont think this be one of them.. kinda lean O's (just like last night) but once again think i prefer the over.

holy cow,, ive always thought of Nauert as pretty neutral far as home plate umps for totals but this year all 5 his games been under and only averaging 5 runs per game he behind the plate! gotta be a fluke right? or should it worry me?

The Brewers are definitely getting swept this weekend after scoring a months worth of runs today. Burnes is pretty fucking awesome though.

holy cow,, ive always thought of Nauert as pretty neutral far as home plate umps for totals but this year all 5 his games been under and only averaging 5 runs per game he behind the plate! gotta be a fluke right? or should it worry me?

i thought the same thing and still pulled the trigger on the over. i'd maybe consider Nauert as mildly under-leaning and if anything expect regression. now watch Lopez and Porcello get into a pitchers duel like it's a 2016 Eddings day game or something...

i thought the same thing and still pulled the trigger on the over. i'd maybe consider Nauert as mildly under-leaning and if anything expect regression. now watch Lopez and Porcello get into a pitchers duel like it's a 2016 Eddings day game or something...

yea maybe slight but nothing like going on this season. I played it too, plus stacked dfs lineups with o’s and Mets so yea, probably 2-1 game. Lol

that gonna make it incredibly tough to score off Yu or Bauer! Yu has stopped giving up bombs all a sudden this year anyways, still the best way to get Bauer so without chance of those i dont see how this is more than a few runs after 5, if that.

Looks like IN 9mph tonight. Last night had to be 15-20...I'm gonna watch the pre game and see what they say. I'd like to take the over or Reds/Over pays 1 to win 3.66

Looks like IN 9mph tonight. Last night had to be 15-20...I'm gonna watch the pre game and see what they say. I'd like to take the over or Reds/Over pays 1 to win 3.66

i saw 12-15 forecasted but you prob know better than me. I played the under so health if you go over.

Flags are whipping in center. No commentary yet. I like the contrarian over when you hit 6' especially with iffy pens.

Understand. That shaky start by Yu def gives you a solid chance. He looks to have settled down since but his pitch count getting up there fast. Bauer is dealing tho!

Jesus Atlanta through 5 innings is on pace for like 40 runs???

freaking crazy. I thought they would score tonight but nothing like that!! Lol. I was running in top 5 of several dfs contest till that outburst! Actually not horrible for me, I used Duval in several lineups and few other Braves. Pretty much used all balty, Mets, Braves in my lineups tonight so should come away with some decent cashes!

nice and easy winner buddy!! So glad muts came back cause this second night in row I’m really kicking myself for not playing O’s: I just hate playin side and total in same game and really liked over both nights.

I could use another scoring outburst by O’s or muts!! Not out of question with either pen!!

how often does a team score 8 and get blasted by 15ish runs? Lol

If this cubs game manages to stay under im gonna sweep a 4 team round robin for 2nd night in a row. Kinda a bummer I only did groups of 2s, no 3s and didn’t think to do a 4 team parlay Either. 2 plus money plays and 2 totals :)

If this cubs game manages to stay under im gonna sweep a 4 team round robin for 2nd night in a row. Kinda a bummer I only did groups of 2s, no 3s and didn’t think to do a 4 team parlay Either. 2 plus money plays and 2 totals :)

Ended up on a Reds/Under parlay so good luck to us brother....

Ended up on a Reds/Under parlay so good luck to us brother....

nice. Bauer been nails, figured a nice wind blowing in would be great for him since HRs been about his only weakness. Be nice if he could give us 8 innings, im guessing only 7 tho.

Those 2 1st innings walks by Yu or we woulda had a big time pitchers duel in Chicago. Guess it still was, 19 k’s by both starters combined, only 3 hits total. Worst part bout the 1st inning was drove Yu pitch count up so he could only go 6. Moose must have crushed that ball to get it out? I didn’t see it.

Holy cow. Edwin Diaz looks to be back to dominate closer. 38 k’s in 18 innings, only 4 earned runs. He only has 2 saves tho? Has he not been the full time closer?

O’s finished the night with 14 hits but unlike the Braves only 2 went for extra bases. Mets with only 10 hits but 4 bombs. Either way over was nice and sweat free, and I’m glad I passed on balty tonight!! Lol

Nice.....

I have a 6 Team RR of 3,4,5,6....didn’t play 2’s cause of no more funds....

Hit 4 plays already....have 2 remaining

Needed Atl RL.......hope they hang on
Needed Clippers -7 .....need them to step up offensively ( took Denver +2 second half for 1 Unit and hope for middle at different book )

Nice.....

I have a 6 Team RR of 3,4,5,6....didn’t play 2’s cause of no more funds....

Hit 4 plays already....have 2 remaining

Needed Atl RL.......hope they hang on
Needed Clippers -7 .....need them to step up offensively ( took Denver +2 second half for 1 Unit and hope for middle at different book )

that fish fade paid off today, think it safe to say you good (them -1.5 part of my 4 teamer too). Wish I coulda talked you off them yesterday tho! I hate myself for only doing 2s on day’s like yesterday and today. I like 2s tho cause 3 of 4 cashes 3 of the 6 parlays and with mostly using plus money and totals pays pretty good.

unfortunately tonight all im doing is paying for my celtics losses with this! Lol. Last night was better when I hit the 4 mlb and lakers pretty big!

gl with clippers., I was rooting for nugs but I don’t have anything on it so I will switch up and root you in!

Back