wednesday lines and discussion

just gonna let my large Philly -3 ride, and hope for the best. hopefully philly can get the boards like they should

The +8 in offensive rebounding why they have 7 more shots . Those 8 rebounds probably meant 16 shots ...the initial miss , the offensive rebound and another shot .....

So the offensive rebounding is what is keeping them in the game . Along with 12/13 Fts...

Little worse rebounding and little worse FT shooting and 3 pt difference could become 9 -13 points and even if Phillys FG% drops thats a good amount of space IMO...

The +8 in offensive rebounding why they have 7 more shots . Those 8 rebounds probably meant 16 shots ...the initial miss , the offensive rebound and another shot .....

So the offensive rebounding is what is keeping them in the game . Along with 12/13 Fts...

Little worse rebounding and little worse FT shooting and 3 pt difference could become 9 -13 points and even if Phillys FG% drops thats a good amount of space IMO...

just to play devil's advocate

how I usually see things is: constant stats are rebounds and FT% as these stats usually are constant for teams. that is good rebounding teams in the first H, usually can continue it in the 2nd H because rebounds are mostly effort and fundamentals

shooting % are variable since even the best shooters wide open cannot constantly hit the same percentage, but you'd assume after a bit, it goes back to the norm

so typically in 2nd Hs, I lok for the bad shooting vs vs the good 1st H shooting team and looks for both team to shoot themselves back to average.

however, this spot (philly's only shot at winning this road trip, clips on 3/4 shorthanded and baron hurts) does push me to fade the clips

just to play devil's advocate

how I usually see things is: constant stats are rebounds and FT% as these stats usually are constant for teams. that is good rebounding teams in the first H, usually can continue it in the 2nd H because rebounds are mostly effort and fundamentals

shooting % are variable since even the best shooters wide open cannot constantly hit the same percentage, but you'd assume after a bit, it goes back to the norm

Good point but you still have to factor the performance in . I think rebounding and offensive boards are two different things. You know when the coach looks at the stat sheeet and sees his team out boarded 12-4 on the offensive glass thats going to be a point of emphasis . So hard for me to see LAC getting 24-25 offensive boards would expect that Philly keeps them to 17 or less for the game . Its a guess though .

With FT shooting when you have a team hit 12 of 13 if they hit get 13 more attempts and hit 10 thats very solid still but still 2 less points . I would not expect a team like LAC to hit 12/13 half over half...

Just my sort of devil advocate's . If there was no "extreme" to the number I would say 100% agree but with a sort of peak performance expect some sort of slippage in the 2nd H ...

I do alot of statisically guessing and openly admit to that ...

:shake:

Was hoping Philly crushed them in the 4th Q with limited options offensively for LAC but 11-0 run to start the 3rd Q not what envisioned...

:36_11_6:

Competitive game , small Philly lead , momentum couldnt have asked for a better scenario...just need the desired result now

Back