SF +111/u6 +100
TEX +250

on the radar:
TB +148
ATL -110
COL -115
OAK u7.5 -115
TEX u6 -105

54-56 YTD, ATL pending. Wednesday Tigers +110, Padres +139 & Angels +121: made Price the fave, Despaigne $0.19 high, Santiago $0.16 high

You got a little disparity in Santiago's ERA and xFIP. It's been there for a minute as the A's did nothing to help him "correct" it last time out.

Jays are 31-5 this season when they score 5 runs or more. In those games, they are averaging 8.0 runs per game.

Jays are 3-27 this season when they score 4 runs or less. In those games, they are averaging 2.4 runs per game, while giving up 4.6. Since May 5th, they're 1-15 in this situation, averaging 2.6 runs per game, while giving up 4.4.

83-74 +2.80 units
Stl-min under 8 for 0.7 units
SD +158 for 0.5 units

Long time lurker and finally decided to create an account to take part in the discussions.

Leans for Wed:
Pirates -115
Royals -115
Cardinals -125
Astros -110

Thoughts?

83-74 +2.80 units
Stl-min under 8 for 0.7 units
SD +158 for 0.5 units

Like the under in Minny as well..Martinez will keep those minn bats quiet and certainly believe that Milone has the ability to keep the bats to a minimum for the Cards.

Couple of gas cans in Cellular Field.
Look at Locke's road starts:
7 hits, 4 runs @ ATL
8 hits, 7 runs @ SD
6 hits, 5 runs @ Cubs
8 hits, 6 runs @ Cubs
7 hits, 2 runs @ MIL

Road whip over 2.

Meanwhile, Captain Dank has been bad in four of five recent outings. I watched him pitch May 26 (shelled by Blue Jays) and it just seemed like he was throwing meatballs up there. Velocity down, not locating.
Other than a shutout of Hou, he has done nothing but get smoked since that game...think we are seeing his last year of servicability as a pitcher.

As bad as Locke has been on the road, the White Sox don't really score much at home. 97 runs in 28 games home in Chicago and they're hitting just .204 against lefties overall this year. I'm not saying the over is a bad play since I think Danks is gonna get spanked, but I prefer a play on the Pirates myself :).

Long time lurker and finally decided to create an account to take part in the discussions.

Leans for Wed:
Pirates -115
Royals -115
Cardinals -125
Astros -110

Thoughts?

Welcome.
I don't like Locke at all on the road so while the Pirates are red hot, I would pass on that one.
Royals have Blanton going, ugh, he's usually a reliever. Hasn't started in 2 years, no thanks.
Cards and Hou I could get on board with.

Welcome.
I don't like Locke at all on the road so while the Pirates are red hot, I would pass on that one.
Royals have Blanton going, ugh, he's usually a reliever. Hasn't started in 2 years, no thanks.
Cards and Hou I could get on board with.

Thanks!

I guess I explained my thoughts on the PIT/CHW game a couple of posts above. Regarding the KC game I feel your concerns. Just think we're getting such a good price on KC at home and their bats are so hot now that they can bail Blanton out if he bombs. Then they obviously have a superb bullpen that can fill in at just about any time.

Leans for Wed:
Pirates -115
Royals -115
Cardinals -125
Astros -110

Thoughts?

welcome, hopefully you will be my good luck charm as i've been hemorrhaging money

never in my life have I been more wrong on a line. I would of lined SD +120, they are sitting at +174?

Blows my mind this line.

Let me just say we are reaching that point of the season where it starts getting easier. Late June-Early August is the best part of the season imo.

The good teams start pulling away and the bad teams start showing their colors. Just be patient, put on your seatbelts and enjoy the ride that is coming.

Couple of gas cans in Cellular Field.
Look at Locke's road starts:
7 hits, 4 runs @ ATL
8 hits, 7 runs @ SD
6 hits, 5 runs @ Cubs
8 hits, 6 runs @ Cubs
7 hits, 2 runs @ MIL

Road whip over 2.

Meanwhile, Captain Dank has been bad in four of five recent outings. I watched him pitch May 26 (shelled by Blue Jays) and it just seemed like he was throwing meatballs up there. Velocity down, not locating.
Other than a shutout of Hou, he has done nothing but get smoked since that game...think we are seeing his last year of servicability as a pitcher.

CHW has been godawful against LHP i believe

Let me just say we are reaching that point of the season where it starts getting easier. Late June-Early August is the best part of the season imo.

The good teams start pulling away and the bad teams start showing their colors. Just be patient, put on your seatbelts and enjoy the ride that is coming.

i don't like the recent form i'm in, but i think it's time to cut volume and only play good teams

updated leans:
MIL +127
SF +127 (feel really stupid not grabbing Bum +138 last night)
TEX +237
COL +117

on the radar:
TB +141
SD u7.5 -120
TEX u6 +110

Felix on 4 after being hit with some absurd events 4-1 2.88 ERA
Bum on 4 5.93 ERA

never in my life have I been more wrong on a line. I would of lined SD +120, they are sitting at +174?

Blows my mind this line.

Padre pitcher on 4 .99 ERA based on 27.1 innings its a little complicated because of night ERA and away ERA but Killersports has a trend up that supports the play/.

Padre pitcher on 4 .99 ERA based on 27.1 innings its a little complicated because of night ERA and away ERA but Killersports has a trend up that supports the play/.

Despaigne unseen, though the Pads bullpen gave away a very likely win yesterday

Leans for Wed:
Pirates -115
Royals -115
Cardinals -125
Astros -110

Thoughts?
Astro pitchers first game in Colorado.
Of course tomorrow Colin goes----7.80 ERA at the site based on 15 innings
Go Brett

Last edited:
Despigne is a pretty solid pitcher. It's not like Chavez is an ace or the A's are all that great.

BTW I got a terrible line on SD but good lines on my other two.

STL/MIN got 8 now 7.5
TOR -1 (-138) Which is -182 and RL +105 now -205 or more and RL +100

NY METS are 4-16 (-12.2 Units) against the money line in road/night games this season.

Hutch is 11-3 SU and to the under at Rogers Centre with the roof open. He allowed 24 runs (24 ER) in 78.1 IP (ERA = 2.76) in those 14 starts. Since September 8 the Jays are 17-5 SU L22 at home with the roof open (11-0 SU NIGHT).

This seems a little odd to me. Wandy on 4 has a ERA of 5.19 and Bumgarner on 4 5.93 and people are looking to bet these games under. For that matter in the Detroit Reds game is Price not on a real disadvantage off 2 complete games

Cubs 8-1 SU after losing game one of the series. Tribe 3-7 SU home v LHP and 4-14 SU since last season after shutting out an opponent.

Despaigne at +181 is a must play for me
I love pitchers in a routine and Despaigne is proof of what I mean, he was knocked around earlier this season when making starts on 7 days rest, he's had 3 starts this season on extended rest (6+) and they were awful, today he's on 4 days rest..his best 0.99 era in 4 starts on 4 days this season, overall 2.33 era in his L5 starts. Oak has never faced him.
Chavez is 2nd to last in mlb in run support, A's only average 2.20 runs in his starts
SD 5-1 L6 Despaigne on 4 days rest
SD 11-3 L 14 after losing first two games of series
A's 1-6 L7 Chavez starts

San Diego is 8-6 SU in Despaigne's starts when the opposing team is seeing him for the first time (8-2 SU when they score > 1 run). That's appropriate to consider as last season the Padres were close to setting MLB records for worst offense ever.

The A's have literally zero ABs versus Despaigne. And it is kind of the same story on the other side of the ball, as the Padres have only seen Chavez in six relief appearances (5.1 IP). Since Chavez has been in Oakland, the A's are 10-3 SU (5-1 SU home) when he is making his first start versus the opposing team.

Hutch is 11-3 SU and to the under at Rogers Centre with the roof open. He allowed 24 runs (24 ER) in 78.1 IP (ERA = 2.76) in those 14 starts. Since September 8 the Jays are 17-5 SU L22 at home with the roof open (11-0 SU NIGHT).

feel like he's a very different pitcher this year, struggling with BBs even when he's on the line of getting a W at 4.2 IP

This seems a little odd to me. Wandy on 4 has a ERA of 5.19 and Bumgarner on 4 5.93 and people are looking to bet these games under. For that matter in the Detroit Reds game is Price not on a real disadvantage off 2 complete games

he had a bunch of double plays and didn't even hit 100 pitches in his last complete game

I lost my mind and went completely crazy, thinking Phi
Ubaldo better at home 2.48 (6 starts) vs road 4.23 (6 starts)
Ubaldo 3 starts in Phi, years ago but 11.25 era
Bal 5-15 L20 road
Bal 1-5 L6 Ubaldo road starts
Correia is a gamble but maybe worth it at a price, he had a great start vs Bal last season
Phi has been on road, 7-3 L10 as home/dogs

I lost my mind and went completely crazy, thinking Phi
Ubaldo better at home 2.48 (6 starts) vs road 4.23 (6 starts)
Ubaldo 3 starts in Phi, years ago but 11.25 era
Bal 5-15 L20 road
Bal 1-5 L6 Ubaldo road starts
Correia is a gamble but maybe worth it at a price, he had a great start vs Bal last season
Phi has been on road, 7-3 L10 as home/dogs
Maybe Phi F5 as well, Bal 6-17-6 F5 road this season

Back