Wednesday Discussion Thread

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=AD1><TD>Wed 10/31</TD><TD>701</TD><TD>Philadelphia 76ers</TD><TD>+7 -110</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 190 -105</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>04:05 PM</TD><TD>702</TD><TD>Toronto Raptors</TD><TD>-7 +100</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 190 -105</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Wed 10/31</TD><TD>703</TD><TD>Washington Wizards</TD><TD>+1 -108</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 199 -106</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>04:05 PM</TD><TD>704</TD><TD>Indiana Pacers</TD><TD>-1 -102</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 199 -104</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Wed 10/31</TD><TD>705</TD><TD>Milwaukee Bucks </TD><TD>+7.5 -105</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 202 -110</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>04:05 PM</TD><TD>706</TD><TD>Orlando Magic</TD><TD>-7.5 -105</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 202 +100</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Wed 10/31</TD><TD>707</TD><TD>Chicago Bulls</TD><TD>+2 -103</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 187 +100</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>04:35 PM</TD><TD>708</TD><TD>New Jersey Nets</TD><TD>-2 -107</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 187 -110</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Wed 10/31</TD><TD>709</TD><TD>Dallas Mavericks</TD><TD>-4.5 -105</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 185.5 +100</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD>710</TD><TD>Cleveland Cavaliers</TD><TD>+4.5 -105</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 185.5 -110</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Wed 10/31</TD><TD>711</TD><TD>San Antonio Spurs</TD><TD>-7 +100</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 199.5 -110</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD>712</TD><TD>Memphis Grizzlies</TD><TD>+7 -110</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 199.5 +100</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Wed 10/31</TD><TD>713</TD><TD>Sacramento Kings</TD><TD>+10 -103</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 190.5 +100</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD>714</TD><TD>New Orleans Hornets</TD><TD>-10 -107</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 190.5 -110</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Wed 10/31</TD><TD>715</TD><TD>Seattle Supersonics</TD><TD>+10.5 +100</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 216 -110</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>07:35 PM</TD><TD>716</TD><TD>Denver Nuggets</TD><TD>-10.5 -110</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 216 +100</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Interesting difference between some of The Greek lines.

TOR -6
Magic -6
Nets -3
Mavs -3.5
Hornets -8

Certainly pays to have multiple accounts.

Orlando total looks a bit high.......

Denver total a bit high just because Seattle won't be able to keep up on the road and a romp is likely, if the game was at Seattle I'd say it was perfect......

Possible value in Washington.......

Memphis may be solid with the 7 if Portland gives the Spurs a tough fight, but every time I wanted to fade the Spurs on the road last year they won by 20, so who the fuck knows

Pacers will be without O'Neal and Murphy would be good for any team in the NBA other than the Wizards. Beyond Jamison they have nothing down low to take advantage of Foster and Diogu.

I grabbed the Mavs at 3.5 at the Greek as it's a point lower than everywhere else. Hopefully the Mavs become a big public play and the line gets to 5.

Oh and J, tell me why I shouldn't take the U214.5 when your boys go the bay tomorrow. Seems to me that this line would be appropriate with last year's matchup, but losing J-Rich and Jax is losing a ton of offensive firepower.

Not sure who'd play the Hornets -11 even if Sacramento is playing their 2nd squad. If the Hornets had West I might be more interested, but he's supposed to be out.

Is JO out for sure? I'm seeing doubtful.

The DC boys should take that game. Might sail over too.

Oh and J, tell me why I shouldn't take the U214.5 when your boys go the bay tomorrow. Seems to me that this line would be appropriate with last year's matchup, but losing J-Rich and Jax is losing a ton of offensive firepower.

Funny because I was just talking to my roomate about that who's a much bigger fan than of the Jazz than I am. We pretty much don't think it's possible that they'll get to the 214. I'm not ready to bet GSW unders but I certainly couldn't take the over there. Still a ton of uncertainty with the Warriors rotation/starters.

I'm really a bit confused by this Indy line. Why are they favored? This looks to be pure line value.

Ya doubtful. My bad for saying he was out. I was also thinking that game might sail over. I keep reading about Tinsley being excited that the Pacers are going to run this year. I'm sure the Wizards will be happy to run with them.

kings should be play at +10 or better and another possibly correlated parlay would be to take nuggs -10' and the u216 like killa briefly touched on above

zero interest in the three 7 point spread games and the bulls/nets (need some time to see how these two teams do to begin the year)

Yeah that Denver game is setting up to be ugly. ESPN. Seattle in a total transition period, they'll be lost for the first few weeks. Melo no doubt wanting to outperform Durant and show him what the NBA's all about. That could be reeeally ugly. 1Q or 1H plays possible?

I still think Toronto should roll Philly by DD's but I'll stay away from that one.

Is Arenas healthy and ready to go? Seems like last I saw he was struggling with his game.

I just want to watch Ridnour try and guard Iverson. That alone is worth watching that game on the tube.

Not sure about Arenas, you're my guy for all that info.

Might just wait on Wednesday and see wassup for some halftime plays.

in other news, how fucking sorry are the timberwolves, release simien and then trade for the scrubbiest of scrubs in beno udrih

IMO best play is the Indy/Washington total.

Already played it at Over 199. I think Indy is going to be an Over team this year.

i grabbed Magic at -6.5 but i still like it at -7.5. They destroyed Milwaukee when they came to orlando last year and this is a better orlando team.

IMO best play is the Indy/Washington total.

Already played it at Over 199. I think Indy is going to be an Over team this year.

Jim O'Brien: There are a number of things. No. 1 is to create a better tempo that will have us attacking before the defense can set themselves. Rick Carlisle is a good set offense coach, but I prefer a higher tempo and will challenge our team..on a miss shot and a made shot...to get the ball across halfcourt in three seconds, which should prevent the defense from setting themselves, so we'll be more unpredictable than we were in the past.

I like the OVER on the Pacemakers early in the season as well. Looks like they are going to push the tempo and create more scoring opportunities

"We've got four days to sharpen some things up," said guard Gilbert Arenas, who sat out Friday's game but said he will go full speed today. "We've been struggling offensively and really haven't been in sync. We're a team that averages 104 points a game and I think we only broke 100 once [in a win over Lithuanian team Zalgiris Kaunas] so that's not really us. We just have to get in the gym and work on some things to make sure we're ready."

If the Wizards can get to 100, this game will sail over. Pacers will no problem at home IMO. The Wizards are scary on the road sometimes, because they can lay a duck with no warning. Love the OVER, like the Pacers Team OVER, and would lean pacemakers as well. Prob only going to play the game OVER though...

Tough to understand a team being favored when the 3 best players on the court are on the other team.

Id say it has alot to do with preseason results...pacers have played alot of shitty teams and rolled most of them, while the wizards have played slower tempo defensive teams and have absolutely sucked. I bet the new coach and system along with the excitement of the home opener has something to do with it as well. Wizards are a notoriously bad road team as well. Pacers will prob suck this year and Im pretty sure the Wizards will take the season series, but I think the Pacers can pull this one out. No way im betting it though. Just gonna hope for a ton of points...

Pacers at home... decent home team... vs. a bad, bad road Washington team. A team that has had a rough pre-season between Arenas and Brown...

I do think that game flies over... Pacers will be jacking up 3's for O'Brien... either nailing them or starting fast breaks for the Wizards. Wizards without Etan Thomas also will be much thinner inside... as if they weren't thin enough.

I like the Wiz as well. No JO for the Pacers or Murphy hurts their frontcourt. I like the fast pace style and how it fits the Wiz.

What are your guys thoughts on the Nugs. Thinking about adding them. Seattle is going to be horrid this year. Gimpy Durant. Iverson and Melo on opening night I could see Denver winnign by 15+

Actually I read earlier that he's being called a game time decision rather than doubtful. I'm guessing he'll be starting myself.

There is something about this Seattle @ Denver game. I don't see the Sonics slowing down Denver any. Denver over 1st quarter looks attractive. There is money involved in this game, I lean that way (ov. 1st).

I like the Wiz as well. No JO for the Pacers or Murphy hurts their frontcourt. I like the fast pace style and how it fits the Wiz.

Murphy being out sucks for Wiz backers. His +/- ratio on the court is abysmal and his lack of athleticism was something I was looking forward to in regards to the matchups in this game.

Interesting JP. Your thoughts on the Nets? I'm thinking they take this game at home, really cheap line vs. some Chicago stars that have to have Kobe at least on the back of their minds. Jefferson is supposedly on a mission this year. Home team has won 8 of the last 9 in the series. Wallace and Nocioni banged up, may even miss. I think Nets pull away in the 4th.

Dan, your thoughts on Nets/Bulls?

I really want to wait and see with this team because of all the distractions and there is always a lot of uncertainty when you are dealing with a team comprised of young components. I expect them to do well this year, but it may take some time IMO. The Nets on paper look to be solid and JM's addition should help in the middle a little, but if the Bulls prove me wrong and don't need any time to get going, they could easily win this game outright. One of the 4 games I have no interest in dabbling with tomorrow.

Public looks to be on Chicago according to all these bullshit monitors like Insights and Wagerline

yep

<table class="bet" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="bet_cell_b" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153); border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153);"> # 707 </td> <td class="bet_cell_b" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153); border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153);"> 7:35pm </td> <td class="bet_cell_b" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153); border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153);"> Bulls vs Nets </td> <td class="bet_cell_b" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153); border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153);"> Nets 31.58%
Bulls 68.42%
</td> <td class="bet_cell_b" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153); border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153);"> 228 Bets</td></tr></tbody></table>

I'm sure that "the public" will be backing the Bulls as they are a trendy pick, along with Boston, to come out of the East. Little bit of history with these guys as the Nets beating the Bulls on the last game of the season stopped the Bulls from clinching a 2 seed. Revenge? Nah I don't think so. We saw how revenge worked for the Warriors last night and if the Bulls couldn't stop from getting beat by DD's last year in what was considered their most important game of the year I don't see why tomorrow will be anything different. Here's the recap to that game if don't remember it. Nets won 3 of 4 against the Bulls last year and Ben Wallace is questionable for tonights game. I'd rather play it at 1.5 or 2 if it comes around. So in short Nets or nothing, but I'd like to see that Kidd is healthy and ready to play a full game before getting involved with them.

Bogut will probably play and David West (Hornets) probably won't. No opinion on Bucks/Magic game either way.

Back