Wednesday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 14 Wed 2023

I don’t care much for the day games, you would expect cards to struggle hitting Desclafani with his 43% slider usage! He did punch out 6 over 6 innings back in SF but he not really a guy I’m looking to play k’s with, his swinging strike rate been really low, that game against cards was last time it was double digits. Had they made him 3.5 sure but don’t think I can play him needing 5 to cash, if there was a team he get them it prob be here.

You would think Montgomery would be good vs a giants team who not great against lhp, he also had a strong outing back in sf going 6 scoreless. This feels like a 1st 5 under to me. I woulda loved to get 5 but that got bet down quick. I think u4.5 or Montgomery ov k’s both work here, think I prefer the Ff under. I don’t think either pitcher gives up more than 2 thru 5 innings.

Starting a George Kirby fan club. Message for more information.

Kinda odd he got so many k’s, he threw a super high percentage of fastballs. Looks like he got ahead on most batters then expanded the zone, im assuming lot of high heat fish swung at or his sinker was moving a ton? They chased over 50% the pitches out the zone and had damn near 20% swinging strike, pretty unusual when a guy throwing 75% fb, guessing that was a mix of 4 seam and sinker, fangraphs doesn’t say which fb.

Kinda odd he got so many k’s, he threw a super high percentage of fastballs. Looks like he got ahead on most batters then expanded the zone, im assuming lot of high heat fish swung at or his sinker was moving a ton? They chased over 50% the pitches out the zone and had damn near 20% swinging strike, pretty unusual when a guy throwing 75% fb, guessing that was a mix of 4 seam and sinker, fangraphs doesn’t say which fb.

He was throwing the 4 seam up and in to righties for sure

Reds continue to be really cheap. Not sure I get it, they continue moving closer to top the crappy nl central while kc has overtaken a’s for worst team in baseball thanks to only 1 win this month. I don’t love reds only scored in 1 inning yesterday but they keep finding ways to get W’s which gotta be worth somehjing playing a team who doesn’t know much bout winning.

I like jays quite a bit, Ff maybe better just cause it the starting pitcher matchup where I think the edge is, nothing wrong w jays pen I just really like o’s pen a lot, not much reason to go against their back half.

@VirginiaCavs already mentioned in his thread jays hit Bradish well and berrios has a strong history vs balty, he been pitching surprisingly consistently well this season so starting to trust him more start to start. I like his k’s over 4.5 as well but might just stick w jays here, guess depends on prices when I get across river.

I like jays quite a bit, Ff maybe better just cause it the starting pitcher matchup where I think the edge is, nothing wrong w jays pen I just really like o’s pen a lot, not much reason to go against their back half.

@VirginiaCavs already mentioned in his thread jays hit Bradish well and berrios has a strong history vs balty, he been pitching surprisingly consistently well this season so starting to trust him more start to start. I like his k’s over 4.5 as well but might just stick w jays here, guess depends on prices when I get across river.
1H RL at +120 feels like a super nice price

I hate Clevinger, no surprise to me lad roughed him up every time they saw him last season while pitching for pads. He walking another guy per 9 than last year, that not good. Maybe some kind of dodgers team total over here? Ff or game. Can’t really trust the white Sox offense to contribute to the scoring, last time out I thought reds might be able to do little something at home vs Kershaw and he stoned them for 7 innings, don’t wanna make that mistake again. Don’t want to lay the huge price but def expect lad to score some runs off this guy. Tigers and guardians the only teams he has managed solid starts against recently, for the most part good lineups hit him.

twins Ff -.5..

Ober diesht give up home runs, only 1 during day all year. Milw has issues scoring runs without the long ball. Rea has a daytime era a full run higher than night. Need little more action

Reactions: KJ
twins Ff -.5..

Ober diesht give up home runs, only 1 during day all year. Milw has issues scoring runs without the long ball. Rea has a daytime era a full run higher than night. Need little more action
On it, Braves -.5 ff and u4.5 in Giants/Cards

I actually like this day slate more than usual

Interesting that Braves and Tigers are trying to stuff the DH in so early today when both have off days tomorrow

Interesting that Braves and Tigers are trying to stuff the DH in so early today when both have off days tomorrow

I thought bout Ff under there also, I kinda like what I’ve seen from Olson, his k’s interested me at plus money also but just left alone. Figure needed to see him vs a really good lineup.

Already pissed I didn’t bet Desclafani k’s. Lol. Dude hadn’t punched out more than 2-3 guys in I dunno how many starts, strikes out side against cards right out the gates. Matchups, lol.

and now ober gives up 2 bombs. More than he given up in day starts all year. Fucjing shit day games annoy me.

Looks like Strider gave up a bomb, gotta be the only way they hit him

3 of them! Crazy, I expected Mets to hit him last start but not to the extent they did, now this. Teams figuring him out? I can’t imagine it a tipping pitches issue, guy only throws 2 pitches really so guys could always sit fastball, just hasn’t mattered.

Coulda cashed Desclafani k’s and been happy. Mfers took him down to 3.5 tho with a bunch of juice, I wasn’t interested in laying -175 for his over k’s. Rather had 4.5 at plus money.

Where do they get off making Red Sox with Whitlock on mound freaking -240? I don’t really like rox but this a crazy number.

What a shit start to the day for the salami

I didn’t play it. Got lucky a few days cause start times or didn’t like. Yesterday the rain out. Runs just been coming in bunches so I didn’t touch today.

Snakes Ff seems pretty cheap. Ranger Suarez hasn’t had much success at chase field. Kelly is pitching really well. This series been pretty well defined with the better starter taking every game.

Got the twins Ff at least. Still mad I didn’t play Desclafani or Montgomery k’s instead the under.

I like berrios ov 4.5 k’s but just as happy playing jays. His 17.5 out total is cheap and he has went 6+ In 7 of last 10.

Lean detmers ov 5.5 k’s

Fuckers juicing wacha ov 17.5 outs. He pitching great, has went 6+ In 6 of last 7 but -175 is steep.

Early wagers ended up a helluva lot better than they started

Yea, no harm done here, still little pissed I didn’t play the k props in stl. More pissed cards didn’t score shit outside the grand slam, one pitch only reason Ff went over.

Cards blowing another game. My god they so bad! The more they go to Gallegos the more he gets knocked around. Helsly the only reliable guy out the pen. Starters suck, pen sucks, they really don’t score as much you would think that lineup could. Just a huge mess!

No clue why cards went to matz in extra innings? Helsly hasn’t been used all series and they go with matz? Surely they don’t expect him to pitch a clean inning?? Add crappy manager to list of problems!

No clue why cards went to matz in extra innings? Helsly hasn’t been used all series and they go with matz? Surely they don’t expect him to pitch a clean inning?? Add crappy manager to list of problems!
How that manager still has his job is beyond me. Considering the NL Central might be won by a team under .500 the longer they wait to fire him the worse they look.

Yanks have a minor league lineup worse than the Giants when Judge is out but 1.5 could happen by accident.

I just left it alone. Feel like they could easily get a bloop and a blast vs JV but maybe pitching against Cole brings something out in him? I like lad to score off clevinger more.

Back