Wednesday Discussion Thread

Ya CL is home and home aggregate until the final which is a championship match

Better team tends to win in that format but still a ton of drama. Until last year away goals were a tiebreaker so that played into it as well and I loved it.

Maybe I just got unlucky and caught 2nd part where the 1st match made the 2nd kinda stupid and seems way harder to bet when you gotta take score of last game into account! I much rather see home and home then a 3rd on neutral or a 3rd on the team with more total goals, just a 3rd somehow if they split the 1st 2. I don’t like the difference in score being that important, a win is a win where I’m from! Lol. If we both win 1 we need a 3rd! Since soccer loves to tie I’d even be good with win/tie = the team who won moving on. I just don’t like 1-1 makes the score differential the decider. I don’t mind score differential being the decider to move out of group stages but that feels different to me as it just a tie breaker.

Maybe I just got unlucky and caught 2nd part where the 1st match made the 2nd kinda stupid and seems way harder to bet when you gotta take score of last game into account! I much rather see home and home then a 3rd on neutral or a 3rd on the team with more total goals, just a 3rd somehow if they split the 1st 2. I don’t like the difference in score being that important, a win is a win where I’m from! Lol. If we both win 1 we need a 3rd! Since soccer loves to tie I’d even be good with win/tie = the team who won moving on. I just don’t like 1-1 makes the score differential the decider. I don’t mind score differential being the decider to move out of group stages but that feels different to me as it just a tie breaker.
Well 1-1 after both matches means extra time and then penalties now, away goals don't matter anymore

Very beneficial to be at home on the second leg, advantage if it goes to extra time. In the past with away goals counting more, if it went to extra time and the away team scored the home team needed to score two to overcome that

Jays kicked white Sox ass again! It pretty rare you hear me call a -160 to -190 team undervalued in baseball but that was clearly the case this series, none those games were particularly close, speaking of aggregate scores jays won the 3 game series 20-2!!!! That’s a ass kicking on any continent!!

God I love Gallen, what great about him is if you play his k prop you love it when he gets in trouble to start a inning cause he punches out everyone when guys on 2nd and 3rd base!!

• Love
Reactions: KJ
If the rain stays away in Philly gotta like seattle with the cheap road price. Walker been good but he been facing some light hitting teams. I’ll take Gilbert and seattle pen at that price all day every day. Walker 17:12 k:bb ratio holds up vs the likes of reds and cws, seattle should make him pay for that! Think seattle finding a little groove winning 3 of last 4.

Seattle lineup is way better than they have hit overall. Kills me Wong has been so bad, I thought he was a great add to a young team, his .231 obp and freaking .140 slug has to improve! He had 3 hits in last game of cardinals series, gotta hope that gets him going., if he starts getting on base at bottom the order and setting the table for Rodriguez and France seattle will start scoring way more runs!

God I love Gallen, what great about him is if you play his k prop you love it when he gets in trouble to start a inning cause he punches out everyone when guys on 2nd and 3rd base!!
Haven't had an ace here in a bit, with all the youth in the lineup and a very good farm system the timing is perfect for him

I’m tempted to play pirates seeing how this Gonsilin 1st start but he has the secret sauce to deal with pirates as he has no negative splits against lefties!! If I knew what his rehab starts looked like I’d be very tempted to take plus money on pirates Ff un1.5 today! You can’t really expect him to pitch more than 4-5 innings tho. Pirates should get some cracks at lad lessor pen guys. Roansy a tough pitcher to figure, his walks been way too high but his stuff is fantastic, he still so young at some point he gonna figure out his stuff good enough he can throw it over the plate and get outs!

Haven't had an ace here in a bit, with all the youth in the lineup and a very good farm system the timing is perfect for him

So glad he not here! I’d hate to get to go watch him! Lmao. It’s a damn shame, my favorite games are getting to sit behind home plate with a filthy pitcher going that day, we don’t have anyone worth watching! Makes me sad!

How did he get to zona? Fish must have gotten fleeced on him? I’m guessing part of marte deal who now in New York but I dunno if timing was right for that? Something tells me fish didn’t get nearly enough for him. Imagine fish rotation w him in it!!

Reactions: KJ
So glad he not here! I’d hate to get to go watch him! Lmao. It’s a damn shame, my favorite games are getting to sit behind home plate with a filthy pitcher going that day, we don’t have anyone worth watching! Makes me sad!

How did he get to zona? Fish must have gotten fleeced on him? I’m guessing part of marte deal who now in New York but I dunno if timing was right for that? Something tells me fish didn’t get nearly enough for him. Imagine fish rotation w him in it!!
Love behind the plate. When I lived closer to Tempe, went to a couple ASU games and got front row behind the dish. Scouts and guns all over but they saved the first couple rows for fans/students. $10 a pop to sit behind the plate for ASU/FSU when Leake was on the mound and JD Drew was on FSU. Just a real baseball experience.

You ever had firehouse subs @KJ or anyone else? I don’t think I have, not sure if they national or not? The menu sounds really good I can’t decide! Wondering if they have that good rare roast beef or it more like that grey disgusting shit Arby’s serves? Lol

You ever had firehouse subs @KJ or anyone else? I don’t think I have, not sure if they national or not? The menu sounds really good I can’t decide! Wondering if they have that good rare roast beef or it more like that grey disgusting shit Arby’s serves? Lol
Yeah I thought firehouse was skimpy on the meat. Bunch of bark and no bang

Rather Arby's lol

Love behind the plate. When I lived closer to Tempe, went to a couple ASU games and got front row behind the dish. Scouts and guns all over but they saved the first couple rows for fans/students. $10 a pop to sit behind the plate for ASU/FSU when Leake was on the mound and JD Drew was on FSU. Just a real baseball experience.

Sweet. If i had my choice I really love the 1st row of second level so that im getting a fantastic view of pitch without ump and catcher blocking my view of the plate! Certainly wouldn’t be mad at those seats tho! Shit crazy how much velo and movement these dudes have!

g7 2001 WS I was directly behind the plate in the last row of the stadium lol

So high the beer vendors wouldn't come up which was a good thing

Yeah I thought firehouse was skimpy on the meat. Bunch of bark and no bang

Rather Arby's lol

Oh fuck, that ain’t good, I think arby’s Is freaking terrible! Back in the day when I was a poor kid they had the 5 for 5.55 and was smothered in cheese sauce so was ok but not a fan the grey meat! Somewhere along the way somebody lied to arbys and they got a way higher opinion of themselves, started having a million stupid commercials and raised all their prices to the point im not eating that shit, I wouldn’t now days anyways cause I’m not poor, not eating crap cause it cheap! Lol.

The old lady saw a commercial for firehouse or something cause she seems super interested in having them today, don’t think I’ve ever ate, figure if it was that good someone would have told me by now! Lol. Dammit, now I’m hungry but not excited for dinner! They have some menu choices that sound decent but you bummed me out!!

Man if you want a good sub enjoy Goodcents, I wish we had more. Think we have one and it isn't far.

Jersey Mike's is next for chains, Jim John meh

Firehouse was so underwhelming I felt like half the bites I ate were bread. I can do bread at home.

Oh fuck, that ain’t good, I think arby’s Is freaking terrible! Back in the day when I was a poor kid they had the 5 for 5.55 and was smothered in cheese sauce so was ok but not a fan the grey meat! Somewhere along the way somebody lied to arbys and they got a way higher opinion of themselves, started having a million stupid commercials and raised all their prices to the point im not eating that shit, I wouldn’t now days anyways cause I’m not poor, not eating crap cause it cheap! Lol.

The old lady saw a commercial for firehouse or something cause she seems super interested in having them today, don’t think I’ve ever ate, figure if it was that good someone would have told me by now! Lol. Dammit, now I’m hungry but not excited for dinner! They have some menu choices that sound decent but you bummed me out!!
Arby's is about the only fast food I set out to do. Pretty lean beef and only do the med RB but that might be once every couple months at best.

Obv when I'm on a sodium diet

Man if you want a good sub enjoy Goodcents, I wish we had more. Think we have one and it isn't far.

Jersey Mike's is next for chains, Jim John meh

Firehouse was so underwhelming I felt like half the bites I ate were bread. I can do bread at home.

I’ve always been perfectly happy w subway, Dont like their new menu tho. Prefer just making myself. Way back in day I had 2 friends that closed a subway every night so I could go in after work and build my own, that was awesome when you can add all the meat and cheeses you want!!! I miss that.

I hate Jersey so I never tried Jersey Mike. Lol.

Guess I’ll just humor her tonight although I’m trying to talk her off now, Lol

Arby's is about the only fast food I set out to do. Pretty lean beef and only do the med RB but that might be once every couple months at best.

Obv when I'm on a sodium diet

I don’t think I generally agree with your pallet tho. Lol. I think arbys is god awful, ya’ll don’t have lions choice tho, that is easily the best you can do for roast beef!! They shave that rare shit right off the massive chunk of meat!! So thin, so rare, so fucjing good!! They pricey but since arbys got all high and mighty not much different I don’t think.

I’ve always been perfectly happy w subway, Dont like their new menu tho. Prefer just making myself. Way back in day I had 2 friends that closed a subway every night so I could go in after work and build my own, that was awesome when you can add all the meat and cheeses you want!!! I miss that.

I hate Jersey so I never tried Jersey Mike. Lol.

Guess I’ll just humor her tonight although I’m trying to talk her off now, Lol
I don't do Subway. Would do Goodcents more if it was closer but still 10 miles round trip I just don't need a sub that much.

You're doing it wrong if you have a Jersey Mike's close, they are taking over the sub universe

I actually prefer Blimpie to them but they are pretty good

Firehouse, just so much build up and unless you eat there and love hot sauce, that's the only advantage they get. The subs are simply puss

I don’t think I generally agree with your pallet tho. Lol. I think arbys is god awful, ya’ll don’t have lions choice tho, that is easily the best you can do for roast beef!! They shave that rare shit right off the massive chunk of meat!! So thin, so rare, so fucjing good!! They pricey but since arbys got all high and mighty not much different I don’t think.
Arby's might be 3-4 times a year at best lol

Last night dinner was frozen peas and a boiled egg. I don't do much for that whole eating thing

I don't do Subway. Would do Goodcents more if it was closer but still 10 miles round trip I just don't need a sub that much.

You're doing it wrong if you have a Jersey Mike's close, they are taking over the sub universe

I actually prefer Blimpie to them but they are pretty good

Firehouse, just so much build up and unless you eat there and love hot sauce, that's the only advantage they get. The subs are simply puss

Well she is pretty dug in, I guess I’ll try. How can ya not like subway?!? I love when they have the roasted chunks of Turkey but that usually only around thanksgiving, makes no sense cause that like only time I wouldn’t want their Turkey! Lol.

These assholes don’t even say how big just small medium or large, the large has like 1200 calories, that gotta be a huge freaking sub! Lol. I don’t need all that.

I’m pretty sure we got a jersey mikes around, I’ll try that next time I want subway.

We had shrimp pasta and snow crab legs the other night. Second time wr had crab legs in a week, found a place that had a crazy good deal, like 60 bucks for 5lbs of snow crab legs!! I miss king crab but that shit got insane, they like $50 a lb now days! I need 1.5 lbs at least! Who the fuck can afford that?!?! I made stroganoff from scratch with Buffalo meat yesterday, I make fantastic stroganoff!

Damn. Gallen cashed his k prop in 4 innings, he a bad mofo when he on! Hopefully he makes this 1 run hold up for 3 more outs!!

Obv you're good, just turned it on

This guy for KC should get lit up if he pitches another inning or two

Huge dude that throws BP stuff

I don’t have a ton of trust in the starters in San Fran but I do think they both match up pretty well vs these lineups, plus money on the under 4.5 makes it worth a play for me. Desclafani throws slider over 40% the freaking time, that a great way to make the cards continue to struggle, I kinda like his k prop ov 4.5 at plus money also as cards swing and miss at a lot of sliders! The Cobb start where they managed to hit the top of his split change for easy ground outs all night gives me a little pause, they could simply roll over on the sliders instead of missing them all? Guess it depends if they can force him into the zone or they chase the down and away like they did vs pirates? Either way I don’t expect them to score much off him.

Matz a pain in my ass and he isn’t nearly as tough on lefties as Montgomery which made that one super easy. Lefties don’t crush him they just don’t hit much worse than righties and he doesn’t strike them out at a high rate so I assume lefties pick the ball up out his hand much better than they do Montgomery. At this point I’m not sure matz should even be a starter? I thought he was just a injury concern and would be ok if healthy, he been healthy but he getting knocked around every damn start. He giving up 4 runs in 5 innings damn near every start! A lot of those runs have came when Marmol sends him out for the 6th tho, so there is hope he can get thru 5 only allowing 2-3 runs. Maybe giants Ff is smarter here? Or cardinals Ff tt under? Think that where I might feel best actually. This number just moved to 5 for the Ff! Hmm, Maybe I should wait on lineups, Desclafani has struggled a bit with lefties the last few years which makes sense, I’d think the slider far less effective vs them. Wanna see what cards do with the lineup cause a bunch our right handed batters will look stupid against this slider but we have some lefties that could hit him. Damn, now I’m all over the place with this game. I don’t do this real often but I love Gorman ov 1.5 total bases +115! Lean to cards Ff tt un2.5 but need to see lineup 1st.

For right now I’m on

Seattle ml
Houston ml

Gorman ov 1.5 total bases will be a play, waiting to see lineup to go back and bet cards game.

Obv you're good, just turned it on

This guy for KC should get lit up if he pitches another inning or two

Huge dude that throws BP stuff

Just needed the 1 run for Gallen to cash the Ff -.5! He a stud. They got a 2nd for good measure. 12 k’s thru 6 innings, 8& pitches so they could let him pitch 7th, he hasn’t had any high stress since the 1st inning!

Just needed the 1 run for Gallen to cash the Ff -.5! He a stud. They got a 2nd for good measure. 12 k’s thru 6 innings, 8& pitches so they could let him pitch 7th, he hasn’t had any high stress since the 1st inning!
He's out and texting his side piece in the dugout

Twins might win the AL Central going away though, they're so much better than Cleveland and CWS. Simply the best in a shitty division will discredit them, they're actually pretty good all the way around. Not Seattle/Tampa/Houston good, but very good.
giving up on CLE didn't go so well last year

giving up on CLE didn't go so well last year

Yea I wouldn’t expect twins to pull away from guardians, I do think twins will win it but cle has a way of hanging around. Feels like it def between those 2. I actually like Detroit more than white Sox at this point, I think tigers at least are building towards something. Just a bummer they have several young pitchers hurt this season. White Sox really should just blow that thing up, they have some pieces that should fetch nice returns, what’s the point continuing down this path?

leave it to this garbage yes man cardinals brass pushed Shultz out for to make a lineup with our 4 lefties scattered all over even tho they facing a pitcher who gonna chew up our righties and struggles vs lefties. I don’t like Marmol at all, his in game has been pretty terrible and let’s face it he just a shill for the front office which has deteriorated big time!

Cards Ff TT under 2.5 -145

Still rolling with Gorman ov 1.5 total bases +115

No clue why edman would get day off tonight? Wanna bet dejung doesn’t get a hit vs Desclafani? Edman could make it 5 lefties in lineup and they could stack a coupe of them. Just another crappy management decision.

Whew. Houston hangs on to win w the one run! Shut rays out b2b days! Told ya’ll they take this series! Lol

I'm still sick about losing Cobb k's when he pitched a complete game

Lol. Tell me bout it, i woulda bet way more had you told me he was gonna go all 9! Cards just were banging that change into ground instead of swinging over top. I was bout to be kicking myself tonight not playing Desclafani k’s knowing we be flailing at that slider but luckily snuck their Ff under in so I’m happy. At least I split the Cobb game hitting the Ff under in that one while losing the k’s. I feel like I got a real good bead on cardinals right now, sadly it ain’t nothing good but I rather win than watch them win!

Cardinals can’t hit sliders for shit particularly Arenado, he looks like a blindfolded kid swinging at a piñata the way he chasing the down and away sliders. O’Neal ain’t much better bout it, his juiced up ass has no chance to reach them with those arms so no clue why he chasing them? Lol

Back