Wednesday Discussion Thread

NYY under…….Yanks haven’t had back to back overs this year…..they went 0-7….yesterday was their 8th over

NYY longest winning streak is 2 games….they had 5 2 game winning streaks….just throwing it out there

NYY under…….Yanks haven’t had back to back overs this year…..they went 0-7….yesterday was their 8th over

NYY longest winning streak is 2 games….they had 5 2 game winning streaks….just throwing it out there

They hadn’t lost more than 2 in a row either and even that was rare till losing their 3rd yesterday and 2nd series in a row after not dropping any up to that point. That lineup is not very intimidating these days, after Judge and Rizzo there a whole bunch of scrubs in the bottom half, I mentioned it a few weeks ago when frenchy was leading them in RBI’s, I knew that couldn’t keep up. It’s really surprising they been able to win as much as they have, they missing 2 key pieces to the starting rotation also!

Cws trotting out another failed experiment to the mound today, Kopech just hasn’t translated from pen to starter, another guy who walking way way too many. How can anyone back these losers with a offense that has very little going on and one disappointing starter after another? This guy has walked at least 3 in every start, you gonna get killed if you giving jays a bunch of free baserunners just like clevinger predictably did yesterday. Jays with another talented starter that hasn’t been incredibly consistent in his career but you gotta figure will be fine against this weak hitting team. I dunno why not just keep rolling with jays or their team total? I just don’t think these white Sox besting jays anywhere close to the percentage these odds indicate, jays should prob be well over -200 vs these clowns.

They hadn’t lost more than 2 in a row either and even that was rare till losing their 3rd yesterday and 2nd series in a row after not dropping any up to that point. That lineup is not very intimidating these days, after Judge and Rizzo there a whole bunch of scrubs in the bottom half, I mentioned it a few weeks ago when frenchy was leading them in RBI’s, I knew that couldn’t keep up. It’s really surprising they been able to win as much as they have, they missing 2 key pieces to the starting rotation also!
Twins might win the AL Central going away though, they're so much better than Cleveland and CWS. Simply the best in a shitty division will discredit them, they're actually pretty good all the way around. Not Seattle/Tampa/Houston good, but very good.

Twins might win the AL Central going away though, they're so much better than Cleveland and CWS. Simply the best in a shitty division will discredit them, they're actually pretty good all the way around. Not Seattle/Tampa/Houston good, but very good.

We agree, that future looks a hell of a lot better than the cws future I played, lol. End of day I probably shoulda expected one to flop playing 2 teams in same division. I like the twins, they need to hit better overall but I think they capable, it probably help them when it warms up in minny, nobody gonna consistently hit in 30 degree weather! I’m a fan of most their starting pitchers even if they don’t have a true ace they got 4-5 high level 2s. They have built the pen into a shut down unit also, I wouldn’t count them out of any series in the AL and I def think they winning this division.

Reactions: KJ
We agree, that future looks a hell of a lot better than the cws future I played, lol. End of day I probably shoulda expected one to flop playing 2 teams in same division. I like the twins, they need to hit better overall but I think they capable, it probably help them when it warms up in minny, nobody gonna consistently hit in 30 degree weather! I’m a fan of most their starting pitchers even if they don’t have a true ace they got 4-5 high level 2s. They have built the pen into a shut down unit also, I wouldn’t count them out of any series in the AL and I def think they winning this division.
We both know Correa will get it going. They're heads and shoulders above the rest without him doing shit.

We both know Correa will get it going. They're heads and shoulders above the rest without him doing shit.

Yea, he don’t strike me as a cold weather kinda guy. Those idiots really should have put a retractable roof on that place! I think they lucked out w teams not liking his Medicals, guy plays so I wouldn’t worry bout it and they got him back at a bit a discount compared to what other ss got. This division is easily the worst in baseball, not saying that to discredit them but they should absolutely run away w this thing, I’m still scared clevland will hang around cause that what they do but they not scoring runs against freaking Rockies and tigers pitchers!

• Haha
Twins have certainly found some magic on the mound, but that lineup really has nothing going on. They're lucky to be in that shit division.

Twins have certainly found some magic on the mound, but that lineup really has nothing going on. They're lucky to be in that shit division.

I think they will hit better, I don’t look at Yankees lineup at moment and think they any better but I just said their lineup looked like ass, lol. I think they got 3 really good bats and some ok ones wken all said and done, assuming Buxton can actually stay healthy. I love how they built their pitching staff, it risky as shit paying a ton for aces, stacking the rotation with a bunch of guys who could be 2s on most teams seems smart to me, w that depth you wouldn’t think they go on many losing streaks and their pen is game over after the 6th!

Man bagging on their hitting during the freezing temps and snow month up there is harsh

They have a good hitting lineup, not great but pretty damn good

Man bagging on their hitting during the freezing temps and snow month up there is harsh

They have a good hitting lineup, not great but pretty damn good

I’d take their pitching over a stacked lineup any day. I havnt looked it up to check but Mlb radio was just talking bout twins also (weird) they were saying Correa never hits in April, we know he gonna rake at some point.

On paper I thought cards lineup looked super impressive, worse start in 50 years! Lol. Give me pitching all day every day! These Mfers are counting on 41 year old waino coming back to fix rotation! Nevermind he not touching 90 and getting knocked around in Rehab starts!! This not a fun place to be.

Faded Rox last two days and paid the price. Playing them in a parlay, +2.5 -250 today and now I'm certain they'll get blasted...

Faded Rox last two days and paid the price. Playing them in a parlay, +2.5 -250 today and now I'm certain they'll get blasted...

Hate when that happens. I try to just walk away from a series if I’m not seeing it well or I stick to my convictions. Taking +2.5 against cle is probably never a bad play tho, if your team scores 2-3 runs it seems pretty unlikely guardians score enough to win by 3+! I have no clue who the hell that is pitching for cle today? I see rain in forecast tho, no clue on timing or anything tho.

milw offense has kinda turned back into a pumpkin this home stand, they have lost 4 of 5 to Red Sox and tigers and they not scoring much against some suspect pitching. I think their lineup is a smidge better this year maybe but they still have a lot of swing and miss so they bound to go thru some slumps. What more head scratching is wtf going on with Freddy P lately? He started the year with a couple dominating starts but he has gotten roughed up his last few against the light hitting pads and Red Sox. You would think he should dominate the tigers lineup but guess I need to look at his pitch charts in last few games to see what going on?

Damn, I don’t think I can bet Gallen k prop, I wanted to cause he is pitching awesome but for as crappy as kc offense is they really don’t strike out a lot. Normally I woulda jumped on his ov6.5 at plus but I knew kc wasn’t a high strikeout team. Looks like some ppl have been hitting it anyways cause the over -140 now, pretty sure it opened +110!! Guess I shoulda played it, lol. Now I don’t think it wise, price is everything, if you think something is 50/50 +110 a great bet, -140 not so much!

No clue what kc doing with their pitchers today? If I recall correctly Yarbrough started quite a bit in tampa, he mostly been coming out of pen for kc so I dunno how many innings he can give them? He did give them 4 innings on 50 something pitches being the 2nd guy out in a opener last week. Can’t imagine he stretched out enough to do much more than 50-60 pitches, not sure if they have someone in mind who gonna piggy back and eat innings or they gonna use 6-7 guys to get 9 innings?

Bank what’s your thoughts on Houck k’s over 4.5 at + $?

Wow, he wasn’t out yet when I went across river this morning. My 1st thought is I like it, i assumed it be 5.5, long as he don’t get smashed early I’d think 5 k’s like the low side for him. Make sure he don’t mind day starts and the only other thing is my score app showing rain in balty? It not the most reliable source, I’d avoid if we looking at potential delays. Nothing worse than losing your starter cause there a rain delay after a couple innings! If weather ok and his day splits not bad, I would check his splits vs lefties too, o’s lineup is stacked with them today.

No clue what kc doing with their pitchers today? If I recall correctly Yarbrough started quite a bit in tampa, he mostly been coming out of pen for kc so I dunno how many innings he can give them? He did give them 4 innings on 50 something pitches being the 2nd guy out in a opener last week. Can’t imagine he stretched out enough to do much more than 50-60 pitches, not sure if they have someone in mind who gonna piggy back and eat innings or they gonna use 6-7 guys to get 9 innings?
Snakes tt over

Houck punched out 5 in a decent 5 inning start vs basically this same o’s lineup: I’m not gonna play it but plus money on ov4.5 I don’t think a bad bet by any stretch.

I hate the idea of not involving Gallen the way he pitching. I could get down laying the -1.5 I think. The Ff -.5 is kinda pricey but I like that also.
I hardly ever do -1.5 on home teams

Defensive indifference is a mutha in the 9th

I hardly ever do -1.5 on home teams

Defensive indifference is a mutha in the 9th

I don’t mind it at places like zona w roof open, Colorado, bronx, basically places I expect higher scores. I understand the principal behind it but it doesn’t bother me much in the right spots/places. Just the thought that kc likely to use a bunch of pitchers in a place that guys known fo struggle pitching, the fact you like snakes to score, I just don’t expect Gallen to give much up. Maybe it worth the extra 30 cents to avoid pen? I dunno how ya’ll pen looks really.

I don’t mind it at places like zona w roof open, Colorado, bronx, basically places I expect higher scores. I understand the principal behind it but it doesn’t bother me much in the right spots/places. Just the thought that kc likely to use a bunch of pitchers in a place that guys known fo struggle pitching, the fact you like snakes to score, I just don’t expect Gallen to give much up. Maybe it worth the extra 30 cents to avoid pen? I dunno how ya’ll pen looks really.
Bullpen is atrocious but somehow getting by. Been that way since the inception of this team though.

Bullpen is atrocious but somehow getting by. Been that way since the inception of this team though.

I usually won’t pay -160 laying the half run on Ff just cause I have far too many games where I lay the .5 and they fucking tied after 5!! I guess home team is actually better w that opposed to worse when it comes to the 1.5 for game tho. It often bottom the 5th that gets me on these! Only Problem with it here is I think the more pitchers snakes see probably the better, they might only see 2 thru 5 innings if Yarbrough efficient? Them again you would think they can score 2-3 runs off Yarbrough and whoever else, Gallen probably don’t need but 2 runs to win 5 innings.

Gallen is like one my favorite pitchers when he on, he has a really nice variety of plus pitches, makes me mad just thinking bout the fact he was a throw in piece on top of alcontera for cardinals to get that loser Ozuna! God, imagine cardinals with alcontera, gallen, Oviedo. These Mfers have traded away what would be our top 3 starters for nothing to show for it at this point!!

Luckily cardinals made up for that by trading Arozarena who I think one the best clutch hitters in the league to get back our ace Liberatore! Oh wait, that Mfer stuck in like a ball and struggling! Lmao, our scouting department is ass!

• Haha
Could do snakes Ff -.5 with jays ml. Im seriously convinced the jays been cheap this series, there no fucjing way cws is winning even 40% of games against the jays, that means they shoulda easily been lined in the -200s this series and they been well under that!

So last game when Meada left early it had nothing to do with arm fatigue right? He got hit with a comebacker? He looked very sharp in his 1st start but left after 5 innings cause arm fatigue, then he gave up 4 runs in 6 innings to the light hitting white sox, not terrible but not great either, next start leaves super early and I thought this a really bad sign coming off TJ but if it was just getting hit with a liner and nothing to do with his arm you would think he get a bunch of strike outs vs Yankees. All the swing and miss in yanks lineup vs his split finger I kinda love me some Meada ov 4.5 k’s -105!

Kikuchi is punking cws lineup, no surprise. Kopech not walking anyone yet, what the hell? Dude hasn’t had any game with control yet this year, still early but the lack of walks surprising me. This might be the year Kikuchi a bit more consistent and cuts down on his walks? If so he be a beast, he has the stuff.

Meada getting kicked around, starting to worry bout him, think they gave him a full year and half off from TJ, not like it only been a year where guys come back and struggle a bit. Usually 18 months removed and you should be good to go, he has had too many issues already this year.

Was only a matter of time before jays got to kopech! I really think they should move him back to the pen. I know starters more valuable but I rather have a weapon out the pen than a guy that gets knocked around every 5 days!

Was only a matter of time before jays got to kopech! I really think they should move him back to the pen. I know starters more valuable but I rather have a weapon out the pen than a guy that gets knocked around every 5 days!
They have no rotation lol, the hope that Giolito would somehow take them to the promised land by himself is just not a situation a very good pitcher should be put into. Worse than Detroilet.

They have no rotation lol, the hope that Giolito would somehow take them to the promised land by himself is just not a situation a very good pitcher should be put into. Worse than Detroilet.

I don’t even trust Giolito anymore, he has gotten into this habit of having one terrible inning you never know when it coming! Started last year and still happening way more than it should. Clevinger been ass since leaving clevland, even his decent starts he putting guys all over the bases and can’t get thru 5. Kopech isn’t a starter imo, Lynn is washed, he doesn’t have the off speed stuff to make up for losing a little off his heaters every year., I guess Cease a stud but I feel like he might pick on bad lineups a bit cause he never seems that great when playing the better ones! I thought they be better this year but I jumped off that ship after bout a week, lol. When the starters and weak hitting lineup do actually get them a lead the pen blows it! Their pen has guys that throw filth but somehow can’t get outs! I would tear this thing apart and start over cause it just ain’t working! They should move these guys while they can probably get more for them than they worth!!

Will watch bases out the corner of my eye but it's time for the biggest match of the soccer year outside of World Cup and can't focus on much else for a couple hours. Any plays between now and then I'll tail.

Will watch bases out the corner of my eye but it's time for the biggest match of the soccer year outside of World Cup and can't focus on much else for a couple hours. Any plays between now and then I'll tail.

I don’t see a lot for the evening slate, always tempted to play my guy Senga k prop but nats another one these crappy lineups that don’t really strike out a lot. Kinda odd to see light hitting teams like royals and nats having lineups full of dudes fanning 20% or less but then a lineup full of mashers in atl has over half their lineup punching out 30+% their at bats, Braves got dudes w great ops numbers fanning over 35% the time! That crazy, they not making any weak contact, they swinging out their shoes and barreling up everything they hit! Kinda makes me wonder, they either gonna have some nasty droughts or cut down on the k’s. I guess if you got a lineup full of guys like thar odds are they won’t all be hot or cold at same time so you should theoretically always get runs from somewhere.

Maybe I’m just too old and can’t get my head around the “it ok to strike out a ton” approach! Those teams tend to leave a lot of guys on base. I guess it better to mash the ball the times you make contact than it is to be like Soto and try to work a walk every at bat? Teams certainly not paying 500mil for a dude to draw walks! I don’t like his approach either, he don’t swing and miss much but he will look like a clown staring at strike 3. He takes way too many hittable pitches he should be trying to drive., let the other guys draw walks, they need you to be doing damage!

When is the woman’s WC? That or euro’s most likely be next time I get back into soccer. What the big match today?

When is the woman’s WC? That or euro’s most likely be next time I get back into soccer. What the big match today?
City v Arsenal on Peacock

Arsenal are up 5 points but have 2 games in hand ahead of City, this match likely decides the Premier League title

Refreshing with all the bracket shit we do that leagues in Europe and everywhere but the US just play it out and let it work

City 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

City v Arsenal on Peacock

Arsenal are up 5 points but have 2 games in hand ahead of City, this match likely decides the Premier League title

Refreshing with all the bracket shit we do that leagues in Europe and everywhere but the US just play it out and let it work

City 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not a fan of how they do it in Europe w the soccer but guess I’m just programmed to wanna see the 2 best go at it at the end to determine a winner! even tho we rarely get the 2 best since we have diluted all our playoffs to the point they all freaking crapshoots now days! I hate that also! The more playoff teams or teams to brackets they add the less meaningful I find it, I don’t understand what the point of playing 162 now that they have totally devalued winning the regular season? So I preferred our American way of deciding things but being the greedy fucks Americans are they have ruined that to the point I can’t argue over the European way, at least their regular season is meaningful!

Im not a fan of how they do it in Europe w the soccer but guess I’m just programmed to wanna see the 2 best go at it at the end to determine a winner! even tho we rarely get the 2 best since we have diluted all our playoffs to the point they all freaking crapshoots now days! I hate that also! The more playoff teams or teams to brackets they add the less meaningful I find it, I don’t understand what the point of playing 162 now that they have totally devalued winning the regular season? So I preferred our American way of deciding things but being the greedy fucks Americans are they have ruined that to the point I can’t argue over the European way, at least their regular season is meaningful!
Well everything except the league title involves brackets

But pretty cool when teams are fighting for Champions League at the top or just to stay in the league at the bottom. Different elements. Imagine if we could do a system in US sports where the 3 worst teams in baseball were relegated to triple A every year :rofl:

Kinda on that topic I heard oakland a’s have a deal in place to move to vegas? Can’t really blame them, I hate the way these franchises hold cities hostage to get free fucking stadiums we pay for to make owners rich but since that the way it is something had to be done bout oakland so a’s will follow raiders to the promised land of vegas. That not the thing that annoyed me, it was hearing Mlb plans to add 2 teams! How the fuck can they look at the products in oakland and Washington and think there enough talent in the player pool to add 2 more teams!?!? If anything they should be dismantling 2 teams!! You wouldn’t even find half the a’a and nats on different big league rosters! Dilute the talent and add more playoff teams, that the American way! Lol

• Haha
Well everything except the league title involves brackets

But pretty cool when teams are fighting for Champions League at the top or just to stay in the league at the bottom. Different elements. Imagine if we could do a system in US sports where the 3 worst teams in baseball were relegated to triple A every year :rofl:

As I was typing when you were posting this, we have 2 teams that should absolutely be playing in minor leagues! That would be great! I don’t know enough bout triple a teams but I gotta figure a’s wouldn’t even be at the top of triple a league! Lol. Isn’t champions the one where they play home and home and use the aggregate score of both matches? I really hate that! Lol

Even the NBA NOW. Used to be you had to be a damn idiot not to have a pretty good idea who was gonna be playing In finals. Now the 2 teams in east I thought were a forgone conclusion are either going 6 games in a series they should have swept or on verge of elimination by a “play in team”!! Parity is good to a extent, when it leads to mediocre champions it a bit much!

As I was typing when you were posting this, we have 2 teams that should absolutely be playing in minor leagues! That would be great! I don’t know enough bout triple a teams but I gotta figure a’s wouldn’t even be at the top of triple a league! Lol. Isn’t champions the one where they play home and home and use the aggregate score of both matches? I really hate that! Lol
Ya CL is home and home aggregate until the final which is a championship match

Better team tends to win in that format but still a ton of drama. Until last year away goals were a tiebreaker so that played into it as well and I loved it.

Back