Wednesday Champions League IN-GAME...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Hey fellas... starting this thread a bit early, but want you all to know that I will have 3 of the 4 games live at my office, so I will be transmitting info as soon as it happens....

I had four draws today. Won three of them, so it was a good day - as you obviously know, looking at the draw prices...

Discussion welcome on all games...

My opinions as of right now:

Chelsea -118

Real Madrid +102

Lisbon +180

The last two are going to be big bets and I won't likely be talked out of them... but I am still looking at totals of all of them and a side in the Pana/Villa game....

GL fellas - back tomorrow and we will get us a good in-game as I will be able to update from three of them once I finish my Thursday basketball...

:cheers:

Like to hear your thoughts on Lisbon, I know zero about this one. Lean Real in that second game, though, so I'd be with you there.

It would be Pana +.5 or nothing for me in that one.. I really like the Greeks chances to advance. I don't know what Villareal has done to warrant being the heaviest favorite of the eight matches. they may be 2-1-0 at home the last three in the primera but wins over osasuna, numancia and gijon do very little for me personally with the three's combined away form being 5-5-28 in domestic play and -46 and goal differential away from home. Olympiakos was very disappointing against cellar dwellars from France St Etienne in the UEFA cup last week but Greek teams know how to get results. They will just frustrate teams and control the tempo. pana showed they are road warriors with wins at bremen and inter in the group stage. I played all four draws as well today and did the same for wednesday as i've guaranteed myself a 1.5 unit profit even if i go 0-4 and you should be in the same boat if you flat bet the games today. I think a 0-0 draw is what we may see tomorrow in Spain.. JMO GL

Villarreal don't have the patience they use to have, they are leaking so many goals this season from a variety of teams. Before the round started I had a feeling either Atletico Madrid or Villarreal were going to mess up...well now I'm thinking both of them will.

Panathanaikos, for a Greek team can actually run the ball well. Henk Ten Cate is no joke of a manager and his experience with Spanish Football will come as an asset. Might play the over on this one, no value taking a juiced line at this stage of the period

Before the round started I had a feeling either Atletico Madrid or Villarreal were going to mess up...well now I'm thinking both of them will.

Totally agree with you here. Don´t get me started with Atletico, what a soft ass freakin' team they are, it's ridiculous.

Pana know how to pick up their game in Europe, they love to sit and wait and then counter attack. No doubt Villareal is the more talented team, but I do not see them roll over the Greeks tonight.

Panathinaikos, who are playing in the Champions League knockout stages for the first time in seven years, have lost on each of their nine visits to Spain in UEFA competition. I dont see this changing today also feel that Pana is very fortunate to be in this knockout stage after defeating Inter & Bremen which I saw as let down games for those clubs. The Yellow Submarine has been playing well as of late & see this as a great oppurtunity to advance. 2-0 Villareal

Real has not had a great year falling well behind Barca in la liga with as much money as this team spends this is their chance to redeem themselves I see them doing well, Liverpool will be no easy task. Leaning towards Real in a close 1. Prediction 2-1 Real

Also need them to win to close out my 4/3 team par BOL everyone.

Totally agree with you here. Don´t get me started with Atletico, what a soft ass freakin' team they are, it's ridiculous.

Pana know how to pick up their game in Europe, they love to sit and wait and then counter attack. No doubt Villareal is the more talented team, but I do not see them roll over the Greeks tonight.

Atletico :shake:

Cinder

I agree w/ you PANATHINAIKOS is lucky to be playing after the Christmas break.. They ARE NOT a quality side, but something tells me that they are going into this game w/ this "defensive mentallity" and are looking for that quick counter goal.

Do I think that they are going to win? ABSOLUTELY NOT... In fact I'm tempted to play PANATHINAIKOS "not to score" Just keep in mind that in domestic league play they are 9 points behind leaders Olympiacos and they have to play each other this weekend ---DERBY TIME ------

Rafa Benitez could be gone before the weekend as coach of Liverpool, English media reports.

I have already played Real Madrid ML+130 over the weekend btw.
Dont think those rumors are good for the team(Liverpool). They prob know he will be gone. Focus wont be on the game I guess.

But you HAVE to admit that they are a quality side that loves playing in these types of tournaments and we always see them get a positive result somehow.... No matter what, GL

Cinder

I agree w/ you PANATHINAIKOS is lucky to be playing after the Christmas break.. They ARE NOT a quality side, but something tells me that they are going into this game w/ this "defensive mentallity" and are looking for that quick counter goal.

Do I think that they are going to win? ABSOLUTELY NOT... In fact I'm tempted to play PANATHINAIKOS "not to score" Just keep in mind that in domestic league play they are 9 points behind leaders Olympiacos and they have to play each other this weekend ---DERBY TIME ------

Great Info this explains the -185 line. I absolutely agree that they will play for the tie & maybe get lucky with a counter, which villreal is suseptible to, I'm hoping villa can score in the 1st H. & change Panos game plan reversing the roles.

Hmmm is everyone on the Villa/Pana Under because Panathanaikos is defensive minded? Come on man they are a counter attacking team and I won't be surprised that if they do decide to score one, that just opens up the game entirely. Yes they are a GREEK team but they are playing a completely different style with Ten Cate as their manager.

oh and for my Greek friends I am so bored right now I decided to play Under 1.5 in game AEK Athens vs Xanthi lol

TMIKE as your Greek friend it's 0-0 at HT. I'm watching the match and I believe that either 1 goal is going to be scored or AEK Athens is out of the Greek Cup...

2nd half is about to start and after watching the "best plays of the half" XANTHI had the best chance...

Gerrard is not in the Liverpool starting 11

Reina, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Riera, Benayoun, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Kuyt.

Makes me like the under a lot.

It looks like they are probly going 4-1-4-1 and are going to try and hold for the draw and just hope Torres can get a chance and bury it.

Sup fellas.

No changes for me...

Lisbon is a blind tail from a guy I respect that will gauge your eyes out betting this shit.

I like Chelsea at home to jump on Juve, who has struggled on the CL road for the last few years. They now have the best coach in the world and the price seems very reasonable.

I like Real at home - the same friend has a big bet on Real Madrid to advance. I don't know about that but I do know if they don't win today then their chances to advance are greatly diminished.

And I am going to bet DRAW at the El Madrigal.

GL fellas...

Back in a bit with live updates from three different venues...

Not sure why Marcelo is starting ahead of Sneijder.

Well this seems like a very defensive line up for Real Madrid

Only creativity they have is Robben.

Also am a little concerned that both Marcelo and Robben are both left footed. I mean Darren anderton played the left with a right foot but at least he knew how to use his weaker leg too...how often you see Robben use his right?

This pisses me off. Marcelo has no bussiness starting over Sneijder.
Who's gonna create with his line-up?

This pisses me off. Marcelo has no bussiness starting over Sneijder.
Who's gonna create with his line-up?

Ya it's a puzzling move, but I guess Ramos is playing it conservatively and will most likely bring Wesley in during the second half.

Ya it's a puzzling move, but I guess Ramos is playing it conservatively and will most likely bring Wesley in during the second half.

Well I questioned Utd's midfield yesterday, Ramos knows what he's doing here, he's got a really talented squad and they could easily switch on and switch off, so this line up is very very deceiving

From a Liverpool fan on the bbc website about Benitez leaving Gerrard on the bench

"Rafa, have you gone mad? You've just left Liverpool Football Club on the bench. Good luck!"

under 2.5 goals. liverpool/madrid

Looks like it should be a defensive battle. Hedging my par with the over. IMO Real, Villareal & Juve/Chelsea Draw Sporting/Bayern Draw
Lets get these games started it sucks that there all at the same time....

The problem with Benitez leaving Gerrard on the bench is that any boost he can bring in the 2nd half when put on can be countered by Ramos bringing on Sneijder and doing the same for Madrid

Back