Wednesday, 8/15 MLB Discussion

Very uncertain in NY game. Faria is on 4 days rest. This season 23.2 innings 1..90 ERA

1st 5 under 5 in St. Louis is looking like a pretty strong play imo. Hellickson will be able to navigate his way around our lineup with that mix of cutters, sinkers, and off speed pitches to get dps if he gets into trouble. Very good history w Rayburn calling balls and strikes. Gomber is really only a 2 pitch pitcher at this point in his career even tho he does throw few other token pitches. It that nasty curve that will give nats fits early on so think it take them few tries to get to him.

Nats Cards seems like 3-1 type game to me, home tt under correlation works for me there, Nats are looking lifeless, couple games of getting to the pen and still not completing prolly takes its toll. Still think STL team total is the best play, 1st 5 under next...obv holding your breath with full game under and Cards pen

Nats Cards seems like 3-1 type game to me, home tt under correlation works for me there, Nats are looking lifeless, couple games of getting to the pen and still not completing prolly takes its toll. Still think STL team total is the best play, 1st 5 under next...obv holding your breath with full game under and Cards pen

Cards pen is far less scary to back these days. We have a lot of young talent and now a manager not afraid to use them.. my one big concern is they called Cecil back up for some reason? (I suppose bout 9 million reasons). Nats pan gotta be worse of the 2, they picked up holland for Christ sakes, your pen has to suck if you watched that loser pitch for us and thought “hey there a guy who could help us!”, lol.. reason I prefer 1st 5 under is I think Gomber could get into trouble by 5th, greatest thing bout Shildt is he will get him out of there unlike matheny who left guys out there to get shelled. I also think cards will run hell boy in 6th

I also think cards will run hell boy in 6th
Probably a good bet. Look at what batters do to him the third time they see him - an OPS of 1.211 seeing him for the third time in the game.. last game they were commenting on how Hellickson is not a marathoner, he is a sprinter.. Rizzo broke him with a 13-pitch at bat:
ChicagoSports Aug 10 Jeremy Hellickson was no-hitting the Cubs. Then Anthony Rizzo came to the plate. 13 pitches later, he walked. When the inning ended, Hellickson was out of the game and the Cubs had a hit and a pair of runs that led to a 3-2 win.

Think this why there a lot of value in 1st 5 under 5. Cause at this point in young Gomber’s career he really a 2 pitch pitcher so by 5th I feel nats will likely start to figure him out as well. So that game total being where it is gives us a pretty nice number for 1st 5 under while certainly potential for game to go over.

The Red Sox have won 11 of their first 12 games this month, pushing their record 51 games above .500 in the process at 86-35. Boston will try to extend its current winning streak to six games and sweep a two-game series from the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night at Citizens Bank Park.
Right-handers Vince Velasquez (8-9, 3.98 ERA) and Nathan Eovaldi (5-4, 3.74) will square off on the mound.
The Red Sox are on pace to win 115 games this season and are 17-5 since the All-Star break. They won Tuesday's series opener, 2-1, thanks to a pinch-hit homer from Brock Holt.
The Phillies (65-53) are 1-2 against the Red Sox so far this season, but they've given up only five runs in the three games against the best offense in the majors.
Velasquez has a 2.68 ERA in his last 10 appearances, but he lasted only four innings during his last start. The hard-throwing righty gave up four runs on six hits against the Arizona Diamondbacks last Wednesday. It accounted for just the second loss for Velasquez in the last two months.
"I'm kind of kicking myself in the butt for it, because I know I can execute those pitches," Velasquez told reporters after the outing in Arizona. "Sometimes you have a solid warm-up before and you have conviction in those pitches, and sometimes they just don't work."
Velasquez has faced the Red Sox just once in his four-year big-league career. As a member of the Houston Astros, he gave up three runs and struck out seven batters in six innings against the Red Sox in 2015.
Eovaldi, who the Red Sox acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays ahead of the trade deadline, is also coming off a rough start.
He gave up eight runs (four earned) on 10 hits in only 2 2/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles last Friday. It was a season-high in hits for Eovaldi, who avoided a loss in a game the Red Sox won 19-12.
Eovaldi is making his fourth start for the Red Sox, his fifth major league team. The 28-year-old has made nine starts against the Phillies in his career, and he is 3-4 with a 3.51 ERA and 1.442 WHIP in those contests.
Eovaldi is facing a Phillies offense that has struggled in the last week. The Phillies have scored just 16 runs in their last seven games (2.3 runs per game) and are 2-5 in that stretch, falling to second place in the National League East behind the Atlanta Braves.
"We look for pitches in the zone to drive, we're aggressive on those," Phillies manager Gabe Kapler told reporters after Tuesday's loss. "We try to be passive on pitches outside the zone. That leads to deeper counts and, in theory, it leads to opportunity to drive the baseball. It doesn't work out that way every night, because those guys over there are very good too."
Philadelphia is hoping left fielder Rhys Hoskins can break out of a slump. Hoskins hit a solo homer, his 23rd of the season, Tuesday night. Hoskins was 1-for-27 in his last eight games entering the series.

Boston Red Sox
PlayerABRHRBITBBBKAVGOBPSLG
A. Benintendi, LF0000000.298.380.502
B. Holt, 2B0000000.263.345.368
M. Moreland, 1B0000000.255.323.465
J. Martinez, RF0000000.333.400.665
X. Bogaerts, SS0000000.274.350.507
J. Bradley Jr., CF0000000.218.306.388
R. Devers, 3B0000000.242.298.423
S. Leon, C0000000.211.267.333
N. Eovaldi, P0000000.143.143.143

Philadelphia Phillies
C. Hernández, 2B0000000.261.371.370
J. Bour, 1B0000000.229.350.413
A. Cabrera, SS0000000.270.322.474
R. Hoskins, LF0000000.253.365.499
N. Williams, RF0000000.260.331.455
W. Ramos, C0000000---
O. Herrera, CF0000000.270.324.449
M. Franco, 3B0000000.277.319.477
V. Velasquez, P0000000.200.200.229

Mets have won 6 straight Wheeler starts

1.33 ERA over his last 4 starts. He didn't allow a run in 7 IP vs BAL on June 6.

Bundy has a 6.75 ERA since June 17 ... BAL bullpen has a 7.69 ERA this month.

Plawecki is behind the plate for Wheeler ... In 8 games together Wheeler has a 1.88 ERA

The Under is 5-0-1 in the last 6 meetings between the Giants and Dodgers.

Under 4-0 in Hyun-Jin Ryu's last four home starts, and 8-2-1 in Derek Holland's last 11 road starts

Mets have won 6 straight Wheeler starts

1.33 ERA over his last 4 starts. He didn't allow a run in 7 IP vs BAL on June 6.

Bundy has a 6.75 ERA since June 17 ... BAL bullpen has a 7.69 ERA this month.

Plawecki is behind the plate for Wheeler ... In 8 games together Wheeler has a 1.88 ERA

I played the under 9. Seemed to me most those bad bundy games came against tough AL lineups, think he will enjoy pitching against the muts.

The Red Sox have won 11 of their first 12 games this month, pushing their record 51 games above .500 in the process at 86-35. Boston will try to extend its current winning streak to six games and sweep a two-game series from the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night at Citizens Bank Park.
Right-handers Vince Velasquez (8-9, 3.98 ERA) and Nathan Eovaldi (5-4, 3.74) will square off on the mound.
The Red Sox are on pace to win 115 games this season and are 17-5 since the All-Star break. They won Tuesday's series opener, 2-1, thanks to a pinch-hit homer from Brock Holt.
The Phillies (65-53) are 1-2 against the Red Sox so far this season, but they've given up only five runs in the three games against the best offense in the majors.
Velasquez has a 2.68 ERA in his last 10 appearances, but he lasted only four innings during his last start. The hard-throwing righty gave up four runs on six hits against the Arizona Diamondbacks last Wednesday. It accounted for just the second loss for Velasquez in the last two months.
"I'm kind of kicking myself in the butt for it, because I know I can execute those pitches," Velasquez told reporters after the outing in Arizona. "Sometimes you have a solid warm-up before and you have conviction in those pitches, and sometimes they just don't work."
Velasquez has faced the Red Sox just once in his four-year big-league career. As a member of the Houston Astros, he gave up three runs and struck out seven batters in six innings against the Red Sox in 2015.
Eovaldi, who the Red Sox acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays ahead of the trade deadline, is also coming off a rough start.
He gave up eight runs (four earned) on 10 hits in only 2 2/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles last Friday. It was a season-high in hits for Eovaldi, who avoided a loss in a game the Red Sox won 19-12.
Eovaldi is making his fourth start for the Red Sox, his fifth major league team. The 28-year-old has made nine starts against the Phillies in his career, and he is 3-4 with a 3.51 ERA and 1.442 WHIP in those contests.
Eovaldi is facing a Phillies offense that has struggled in the last week. The Phillies have scored just 16 runs in their last seven games (2.3 runs per game) and are 2-5 in that stretch, falling to second place in the National League East behind the Atlanta Braves.
"We look for pitches in the zone to drive, we're aggressive on those," Phillies manager Gabe Kapler told reporters after Tuesday's loss. "We try to be passive on pitches outside the zone. That leads to deeper counts and, in theory, it leads to opportunity to drive the baseball. It doesn't work out that way every night, because those guys over there are very good too."
Philadelphia is hoping left fielder Rhys Hoskins can break out of a slump. Hoskins hit a solo homer, his 23rd of the season, Tuesday night. Hoskins was 1-for-27 in his last eight games entering the series.

Boston Red Sox
A. Benintendi, LF0000000.298.380.502
B. Holt, 2B0000000.263.345.368
M. Moreland, 1B0000000.255.323.465
J. Martinez, RF0000000.333.400.665
X. Bogaerts, SS0000000.274.350.507
J. Bradley Jr., CF0000000.218.306.388
R. Devers, 3B0000000.242.298.423
S. Leon, C0000000.211.267.333
N. Eovaldi, P0000000.143.143.143

Philadelphia Phillies
C. Hernández, 2B0000000.261.371.370
J. Bour, 1B0000000.229.350.413
A. Cabrera, SS0000000.270.322.474
R. Hoskins, LF0000000.253.365.499
N. Williams, RF0000000.260.331.455
W. Ramos, C0000000---
O. Herrera, CF0000000.270.324.449
M. Franco, 3B0000000.277.319.477
V. Velasquez, P0000000.200.200.229

1st 5 under for me here

I had to play Rockies again, price just too good not to give it a shot. 1st 5 rl gm ml and gm rl in few parlays.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just saw the Acuna HBP by Urena, weaaaaaaaaaaakest sauce bench clear I've ever seen, and ejections to boot. Hit him in the fucking elbow, Braves mgr needs a healthy dose of cheese with that whine good Lord. That was such a waste of time for a typical play even if it was intentional. Not like it took his dick off. Elbow. Wahhhhhhh

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just saw the Acuna HBP by Urena, weaaaaaaaaaaakest sauce bench clear I've ever seen, and ejections to boot. Hit him in the fucking elbow, Braves mgr needs a healthy dose of cheese with that whine good Lord. That was such a waste of time for a typical play even if it was intentional. Not like it took his dick off. Elbow. Wahhhhhhh

Wow, I really disagree w ya here. Someone should have went to mound and beat that mf’ers ass. 97 right off his elbow could have easily did some damage and it was obviously intentional. Agree he shouldn’t got ejected cause his bitch ass should have had to step in the batters box vs gausman heater at his fuckin head!!

1st off beaning a guy cause you can’t get him out is a joke. Not like he showed them up. Secondly if you gonna throw at a guy you do it down around his upper leg/thigh area, the meaty part that just gonna leave a bruise, you don’t come up on a guy like that unless you a punk imo.

Much better players than Robert Acuna Jr have been beaned and taken it like a champ.

That was a joke. It was at the body, not the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkin head

And it was the lamest bench clear I can recall in some time...like no one knew why they were out there

Braves manager acted like a queen, surprised he didn't do a face snap to Nauert

Well that part may have been true, didn’t pay much attention to that. I think it was some garbage throwing at him tho, think it was intentional, and think someone shoulda whipped his ass while their teammate was on the ground in pain. That just me tho :)

ESPN Stats & Info on Twitter: "The pitch that hit Ronald Acuña was 97.5 MPH. Out of the 2,125 pitches that José Ureña has thrown this season, that's in the 99th percentile of the fastest pitches he's thrown. That was also the fastest pitch José Ureña has ever thrown to open a game.… https://t.co/UoqSVVk2Pi

ESPN Stats & Info on Twitter: "The pitch that hit Ronald Acuña was 97.5 MPH. Out of the 2,125 pitches that José Ureña has thrown this season, that's in the 99th percentile of the fastest pitches he's thrown. That was also the fastest pitch José Ureña has ever thrown to open a game.… https://t.co/UoqSVVk2Pi

After thinking bout this today I’ve kinda lost respect for just about every braves player for not one of them going out there and breaking that punk pitchers jaw!!

Obviously freeman or one of their key everyday players couldn’t do it cause they can’t afford to have them suspended but a bench guy should have went out there and whipped his fucking ass, forget all the complaining nonsense and the theatrics (pretending to wanna fight), just manned the fuck up and went right after him!! Ive found over the years if you truely want to get at someone and inflict pain it incredibly hard to be stopped if you willing to disregard your own safety and/or consequences!! And that was a situation where if I’m a bench guy and that was my teammate urena would be eating his meals with a straw for the next 6 weeks!!! That just me tho :)

After thinking bout this today I’ve kinda lost respect for just about every braves player for not one of them going out there and breaking that punk pitchers jaw!!

Obviously freeman or one of their key everyday players couldn’t do it cause they can’t afford to have them suspended but a bench guy should have went out there and whipped his fucking ass, forget all the complaining nonsense and the theatrics (pretending to wanna fight), just manned the fuck up and went right after him!! Ive found over the years if you truely want to get at someone and inflict pain it incredibly hard to be stopped if you willing to disregard your own safety and/or consequences!! And that was a situation where if I’m a bench guy and that was my teammate urena would be eating his meals with a straw for the next 6 weeks!!! That just me tho :)

Hard to disagree, but maybe they were just in shock and kinda blanked out for a second which would explain the half-assed attempt after the fact. Who knows, really weird all around. Part of me thinks players just don't want to lose time + get suspended.

Hard to disagree, but maybe they were just in shock and kinda blanked out for a second which would explain the half-assed attempt after the fact. Who knows, really weird all around. Part of me thinks players just don't want to lose time + get suspended.

I’ve never claimed to be the brightest guy and when something like that occurs I get even dumber! Smart decisions and good judgement fly right out the window when I see a friend get attacked and all I see is fire red as I instantly go into attack whatever/whoever hurt my partner!!!! Guess that why my friends have always loved me!! Lol.

Back