Wednesday 03/25/15 NBA discussion thread

If he kept playing them, we would have said that rookie coach with a team lacking playoff experience, made a rookie mistake of not resting his guys to make sure they are ready for playoffs.
I think they just had/have a natural let down spot, after securing the first place in the East.
If you can't get up for the Sixers or Lakers, that's pretty much normal in today's NBA. When you lay a complete egg in a game people were calling a potential finals preview (ie Golden State) by shooting 35% in the 1H (or something like that), or stumble out of the gate at home against the defending champions, that's something else altogether.

Not everyone's like the Spurs or LBJ and can turn it on or off whenever they feel like. Some guys need to keep playing and stay in rhythm. We'll see what happens against Orlando.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that it's a case of damn if you will and damn if you don't...

That Atl/SA game was surprising to me also. ATL is talented, plays good d but is disorganized on o. IMO the film has caught up with them. SA defended their poor ball movement well and then ran their usual well organized offense. Atl will get exposed in the playoffs. Their talent will get them a ways and then they will get eliminated due to their poor offensive efforts. Just my opinion. But I think they play hard tonight in a game they can cover

Any concern about minny total w Rubio being out? Looking for an NBA play to tail!!

Twolves game over 200 (bought 2) Max +xl

pelicans 1h over 102 - Max - (once tyreke is confirmed in - adding)
game over 203 - max (see above)
thinks this off by about 4 points

Nets game over 197 - xl

adding to over pelicans now max+xl.. 203

Divol. I don't think the spread is cause for concern. I think it's just an indication that the public strongly favors Chicago. Toronto on the later part of a back to back, and a tough loss to a weak Detroit might have inflated the line for Chicago.

I'm on grizz, raptors, and Suns.

:rofl:

No idea what happened in Boston. Phoenix I have no idea how I missed the refs.
15-34 for home favorites 5-9.5

No idea what happened in Boston. Phoenix I have no idea how I missed the refs.
15-34 for home favorites 5-9.5
For your comment on the Suns game, did you observe preferential treatment for the Kings? Because what I watched was a Suns team get out-hustled, shoot poorly, and generally appear disinterested in competing. The referees had little to do with the result imo. That's not to discredit your stats on these refs. It appears to me to be the classic correlation without causation which is so typical among many trend bettors.

I was working last night so couldn't watch.. Checking updates on my phone..I understand I was lucky to even be in the situation by going to overtime...but I checked the game log and said 99-99 end of 1st over time at 2 different sites...I had over 202... Never checked it after that cause obviously I had 5 more mins to get 4 points.. Chalked it up as a winner and went to work thinking I was up money...untill just logging into my account...bad enough lost Murray st at the buzzard, but if this went over I woulda had a productibe night still..anybody able to tell me what the fuck happened?????

I was working last night so couldn't watch.. Checking updates on my phone..I understand I was lucky to even be in the situation by going to overtime...but I checked the game log and said 99-99 end of 1st over time at 2 different sites...I had over 202... Never checked it after that cause obviously I had 5 more mins to get 4 points.. Chalked it up as a winner and went to work thinking I was up money...untill just logging into my account...bad enough lost Murray st at the buzzard, but if this went over I woulda had a productibe night still..anybody able to tell me what the fuck happened?????

didn't watch the game, and i'm sure espn has the highlights, but reading box scores they called a foul with less than a second it seems, Lavine didn't think it was a foul but his own coach said he saw it..no clue outside of boxscores

[TABLE="class: mod-data, width: 100%"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="width: 50, align: center"]0:18[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] [/TD]
[TD="align: center"]99-99[/TD]
[TD]Gorgui Dieng makes 15-foot jumper (Andrew Wiggins assists)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="width: 50, align: center"]0:01[/TD]
[TD]Andrew Wiggins blocks Wayne Ellington's layup[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="width: 50, align: center"]0:00[/TD]
[TD]Jordan Clarkson offensive rebound[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Zach LaVine personal foul (Jordan Clarkson draws the foul)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Jordan Clarkson makes free throw 1 of 2[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]100-99[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Jordan Clarkson makes free throw 2 of 2[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]101-99[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]Timberwolves 20 Sec. timeout[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Lorenzo Brown enters the game for Gorgui Dieng[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Ryan Kelly enters the game for Tarik Black[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]End of the 1st Overtime[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]End of Game[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]End of Game[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

So wiggins blocked ellingtons layup... So the Levine foul was away from the ball??? Wiggins makes a great(I'm assuming) defensive stop w 1 second left and they call a foul on Levine away from the ball?? Jesus I've heard it all now

So wiggins blocked ellingtons layup... So the Levine foul was away from the ball??? Wiggins makes a great(I'm assuming) defensive stop w 1 second left and they call a foul on Levine away from the ball?? Jesus I've heard it all now

If not for the foul, it probably would have been an easy lay up for Clarkson (if he would have shot on time). It wasn't away from the ball, Clarkson was shooting when the foul accured.

Lakers just kill me though... Lakers probably lost any decent chance to finish 3rd or 4th from the bottom and have small chance to finish 5th from the bottom and have almost 50% chances to lose their draft pick. Instead of going for the third place, that would have given them almost 100% lock to keep their pick, they doing everything they can to lose it. How damn can you be?!

Why would you think it was away from the ball when it says Clarkson draws the foul? Pretty ticky tack call if you ask me (fast forward to 1:15).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WENMbfLeHKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For your comment on the Suns game, did you observe preferential treatment for the Kings? Because what I watched was a Suns team get out-hustled, shoot poorly, and generally appear disinterested in competing. The referees had little to do with the result imo. That's not to discredit your stats on these refs. It appears to me to be the classic correlation without causation which is so typical among many trend bettors.
Exactly. Kings just outworked them, plain and simple. Plus, I know he's a little hamstrung by the fact they traded Dragic and Thomas, but playing four forwards up top with Bledsoe is just an idiotic move by Hornacek. What little I watched was basically just Bledsoe dribbling at the top of the key while the other four stood around waiting for him to make his move, and then getting caught slow footed on the break the other way. And don't even get me started on PJ Tucker...

Back