Wednesday 03/12/14 NBA discussion thread

Really happy about that. Bellycheck will get the most out of him. Jets are gonna get fucked when he plays them IMO

Nets 3-0 vs Miami. 5-0 including preseason. And you could say that the heat don't care but they matchup like crap. If Livingston can contain Lebron one on one it's just absolutely huge. Ray Allen is awful right now. Wade is playing out of his mind but the heat just don't have enough IMO. I'd rather play them as a nets fan than the pacers

Nets 3-0 vs Miami. 5-0 including preseason. And you could say that the heat don't care but they matchup like crap. If Livingston can contain Lebron one on one it's just absolutely huge. Ray Allen is awful right now. Wade is playing out of his mind but the heat just don't have enough IMO. I'd rather play them as a nets fan than the pacers

Nets would give Miami all they can handle in the playoffs if it came to it.

Basically C's v Heat from 2010-2012 but the Nets are twice as deep.

Nets would give Miami all they can handle in the playoffs if it came to it.

Basically C's v Heat from 2010-2012 but the Nets are twice as deep.

and IMO the heat are no where near as deep... Unless the heat are just waiting to unveil a crucial role player.... I just don't think the team is that great. You can't just win a series with Lebron and wade alone. Bosh comes and goes. And if KG is healthy... He OWNS bosh. Livingstons length is uncanny. He can legit guard Lebron one on one. It's a huge plus. Dwill has been playing very well defensively.

Where the team is still shaky is end of game situations. The problem that comes with having the nets depth is at the end of games the team has a difficult time deciding who's going to take the shot. It's a good problem to have and hopefully they improve in the final few weeks.

Clippers' bench is like 'Frankenstein's Monster'.

Big Baby, Granger, Turkey Glue, Won't He Green.

Cleveland won, as it was almost expected.
This season, teams just can't win in the first game back of their star point guard... Like a curse or something...
Parker was the only exception I think...

It's not just this season. And it's not a curse its human nature.

When a star player goes out for an extended period, other players step up and play with greater focus and the opponents may be lax and take the game for granted.

When a star player returns, the team mates can get lazy and defer to the star player and the team chemistry takes a hit for a few games... plus the opposition plays with greater focus. Not to mention, if the injured player has an injury that kept him from staying in shape, it takes time to get back in shape.

That was just one reason Phoenix was in trouble yesterday

I think even if the Suns had been much smarter and given Bledsoe a couple of 10 minute starts away at GS and Clippers they might have lost. However then it would have been a game. We did see Plumlee with a second quality start though and if Bledsoe had passed more and shot much less it might have been a game.

and with tucker missing - he is their "glue" guy.. does the defensive dirty work for a team that doesnt play defense..

Back