Wednesday 01.13.16 NBA discussion thread

streak<=-4 and p:A and pp:A and ppp:A and pppp:A and ppppp:H and H and 2007<=season

just for you to know that CHarlotte might not be in a very good spot despite the face they have double revenge vs divisional opp with two close losses

I think that you can't really rely on this trend in such cases, where the injuries really hurt the team and caused the losing streak and now everyone is back. I also don't really like too specific trends. Why is it important that it was only 4 games road trip? If it was 5 games trip it would have mattered anything? Seriously doubt it. This is the problem with SDQL trends - if you throw different situations at it, it will give you sometimes gold on paper, but it doesn't mean anything. You need to ask yourself, if there is logic behind it. If you remove the "ppppp:H", you still get a healthy 58% fade, but in general, you need to be careful with those...
Learned it the hard way...

Practice Notes: ‘It Starts Now’

A three-game week with games against the New Orleans Pelicans, Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers is expected to be the biggest to date, according to the squad. Although Sacramento holds just a 3-2 record in the new year, they’ve impressed even in losses – falling in the last seconds against Dallas and climbing back versus a 35-2 Golden State team in the game’s final minutes. That’s all for naught if the team isn’t able to capitalize on the road ahead though, says Omri Casspi.
“It starts now, it starts Wednesday…we have to get this one. We’ve got a long way to go, but we have the tools and everybody that we need to take a step forward,” said No. 18 following practice on Monday.
That much is clear from the Kings first five games of 2016 – they’ve stayed tough with each team regardless of their opposition or their own amount of rest. In Dallas, the team was on the end of a back-to-back, missing two starters, but battled the Mavericks to double overtime. Meanwhile, after falling behind by double-digits in the latter stages of Saturday’s game against Golden State, the purple and black went on an 11-0 run in one minute and 30 seconds of game time to close the gap to within five.
On several occasions, they’ve shown the ability to play with the best in the NBA, but have yet to do so on a consistent basis.
In the 2015-2016 campaign, Sactown is 3-15 in back-to-back situations, but a strong back-to-back set versus the Pelicans and Jazz is a necessity as the games will certainly impact the team in the Western Conference standings.
Utah sits just two games above Sacramento for the eighth and final playoff spot and, although there’s over half the season remaining, every game counts.
“I told the team today that every season comes down to a tiebreaker, every season comes down to a one game situation. We can put a foot forward in that situation if we take care of business starting Wednesday,” said head coach George Karl.
To date, the team has faced the sixth-toughest schedule in the entire League, but has managed to stay afloat in the Western Conference. Now, with a chance to capitalize off of their recent successes as the strength of schedule by opponent record eases up, players believe that the best lies ahead.
“We have a lot of room to grow. I think we’ve played well, but not where we can be,” concluded Rudy Yag.

That's the problem with the NBA. Pels lose to the Lakers, beat the Kings, while Nets win the Knicks - as if Lakers knew yesterday already that they can easily win the game, that Pels and Nets will win tonight and keep the same distance from them...
Though, if I'm the Lakers, I'm starting to look at the Suns as my main threat to 29th place in the league and not the Pels (or the Puppies)...

Back