Wed discussion

afternoon plays :

col @ ari : i played zona ML (-188) and over 9 (-115). i don't mind a 1st 5 under because i think these pens will give up some. it's about time for zona to really back haren..

sd @ sf : i played sandy ML (-126) and under 9 (-115). pretty self explanatory what i think about this game. hope zito doesnt get shelled and i think sandy will scrape by. i think sandy might be out of the basement for a year. bullpen advantage to sandy imo, if they are losing after 5.

Verlander been slammed in both road starts this yr. verlander only pitched vs laa once. if thats a preview then goodnight (11 base runners, 6 ERs). saunders has started out great. short price with angels at home. i'm in (not all-in... just joking above)

Like I said, Verlander wasn't slammed at all last time out. He had one bad inning. 7.1 IP, 8 Ks, 1 BB, 6 runs, 5 earned. Verlander was perfect through 4 until the bad inning in the 5th. Here's the bad inning. The D f'd him when Betancourt reached on a FC and then fell asleep on the bunt.

Bottom 5th: Seattle <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5" width="560"><tbody><tr> <td class="yspscores"> - A. Beltre doubled to deep right </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspscores"> - R. Branyan singled to right center, A. Beltre to third </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspdetailttl yspscored"> - J. Lopez singled to left, A. Beltre scored, R. Branyan to second </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspscores"> - R. Johnson sacrificed to third, R. Branyan to third, J. Lopez to second </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspdetailttl yspscored"> - Y. Betancourt reached on fielder's choice, R. Branyan scored, J. Lopez to third </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspdetailttl yspscored"> - F. Gutierrez reached on bunt single to pitcher, J. Lopez scored, Y. Betancourt to second </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspdetailttl yspscored"> - I. Suzuki singled to center, Y. Betancourt scored, F. Gutierrez to third </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspdetailttl yspscored"> - F. Gutierrez scored, I. Suzuki to second on wild pitch </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspscores"> - E. Chavez walked </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspscores"> - K. Griffey Jr. flied out to left </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="yspscores"> - A. Beltre flied out to left center </td></tr></tbody></table>

also, I've never liked the way the Cub hitters have looked vs. Cueto. He has what you need to get Cub hitters out which is a plus fastball that he'll come inside with. Not saying the Reds are going to win or anything, but I'm not laying -160 either.

ya i have a bad feeling about the cubs today. could be a close low scoring game with a cubs rally.. that would be nice. anyone who watches the cubs on a regular basis has to admit they play exciting games.:popcorn:

cubs are scoring runs, but they could have scored a lot more. Loaded the bases several times and only come up with a run or two. If Fukudome keeps hitting like he has been coupled with a healthy Milton Bradley, this offense is scary good. Plus, Soto is just getting going.

whether verlander will live up to potential is questionable. what is not questionable is saunders success at home. we'll find out tonight...

I'm not on DET, just offering my opinion on Verlander. GL

Agree with you on Verlander . Think he was tossing a no-no for the 1st 4 innings and he was throwing hard remember seeing 97 on Baseball Tonight ..

also agree with Cueto :cheers:

Agree with you on Verlander . Think he was tossing a no-no for the 1st 4 innings and he was throwing hard remember seeing 97 on Baseball Tonight ..

also agree with Cueto :cheers:

yep, he looked good. throwing hard, good breaking stuff. M's were very lucky to put up 6. I had the M's of course - part of that hot streak i was telling you about.

Guess I should have just rolled with the Over as Melky wins it by 2 . Busted my parlay with Oak +1.5 and over ...shit happens....

played the under @ Philly ....:cheers:

mil @ phi : i'm not the biggest fan of blanton but i like him tonight. probably just stay with the ML and the over looks excellent as well because blanton should give up 2-3 and both bullpens could get killed imo.

atl @ was : i just don't have a good feeling for these teams yet but i kinda like under..

cin @ chc : i guess i like +1.5 cincy rather than cubs ML.

lad @ hou : like houston but its kinda dangerous for obvious reasons.

nym @ stl : pretty rough times for maine this year and now he's favored on the road over a solid card team. maine has pitched a gem in the past in stl and although i don't expect him to be that effective i certainly think he can outduel piniero. looking at mets at maybe an under..

cws @ bal : two pitchers who str8 battle. i like to bet on both of em. neither guy has done particularly well against the opposing team. i think the odds are exactly where they should be, exactly even. balty's bats looked better yesterday and i have the slightest lean to them again with the under. im pist cuz im a sox fan, so ill just root as a fan on this one.

kc @ cle : got burned on the under in this damn series yesterday and i should probably have learned my lesson but i like the under here. i'd gladly roll with KC +1.5

tex @ tor : it's my guy purcey's birthday today, he is from st. charles, illinois. (not far from my house) unfortunately, he has to pitch against one of the best offenses in the league. somehow i like +1.5 tex more than toronto ML again. public is prolly slammin the over but i wouldnt mind the under.

min @ bos : i've been one of the guys betting against penny's weak form. however, this is the start i think he could be looking better. im actually pretty hesitant to back liriano on the road especially against a ridiculously surging bosox offense. not sure about it but i would probably bet the streaking home team.

GL Jimbo ...

lean Philly as well but definetly like the under though share the bullpen concerns..might add Milw TT under ..

kinda same deal @ Wash tough to figure esecially since Jar Jar has had some issues with Wash lately . Nats also won 8 straight at home vs ATL and 9-2 since the start of last season...lean over though ..

lean Jays with Purcey liked how he fared vs them last year . Doubt I touch it . Lean under as well but slightily mostly because Eddings behind the dish will help these guys out and texas has scored 2,3,4,5 runs in the away games so far . Harrison seems to be an over machine but when its not like a 15 run games its usually like 7 runs ..Purcey just failed in 2 jams last 2 starts and throwing strikes staying ahead...

DH games I rarely would lay the winner of game 1 in game 2 . Especially with Liriano vs Penny but content to see if the parlays hit with Minny involved....

lean WSOX as Danks has been real solid and didnt so much from Balt vs Lester or CC to be impressed ....

I like Lee and Cle until KC shows something otherwise vs a LHSP . However concerned to lay them at this price after yesterday...

agree with Cincy and lean Mets to bounce back because they should have won yesterday ...

on the Astros ML and parlayed as well ....lets see if Houston bats continue to look alive vs another LH an dformer teammate ..also Oswalt deserved to win last start and is 0-3 while Wolf should have lost his last start IMO but Rocks pen sucked it up ....

GL:cheers:

May be shifting to Boston at home night or day as an automatic bet but considering the next series will tread lightly.

Back