Webb's Week 1 NCAA Football

mwwebb81

Pretty much a regular
Well, after taking the summer off following the college hoops season, I am back and ready for another winning year in college football!

Have 5 games locked in for week 1, all for 1 unit.

S. Carolina -13

Virginia Tech -9

USC -18

Louisville -3.5

Fresno State +5.5

Good Luck to everyone in week 1, and lets get this season off to a great start!

I just think that Fresno is the better team in that game, and if you are giving me more than a FG with the best team, I feel pretty good about it. I think that Rutgers is going to miss Ray Rice more than they know.

Fresno State 31, Rutgers 28

I dont think either team is particularly strong in the Louisville vs. Kentucky game. Louisville has revenge on its mind in this one, as they certainly cant stand the thought of losing to Kentucky two straight years after dominating this series for the last decade. You better believe Coach Kragthorpe knows that he cant afford to lose this game. If he thinks the heat was bad after a dissapointing first season, just wait and see what happens to this guy if he loses to Kentucky his first two years!

All reports from Spring practice are that Louisville is very think at several positions. That is an area of concern if injuries start to happen. That being said, I expect Ron English to make a difference on defense, even if it is just a motivational thing and getting the guys prepared to play mentally. They could overacheive. The position I am most worried about is WR, although we have some young talent there in the 6'8 Josh Chichester, and redshirt freshman Doug Beaumont.

Basically it comes down to a couple of things. I think the Kentucky Defense is pretty good, and the Louisville Offense is pretty good. Basically a wash. I just believe that the Louisville Defense is going to outplay the Kentucky Offense, paired with homefield, and the revenge factor, should be enough for a 7 point win.

Louisville 35, Kentucky 28

Good Luck this season!

Chichester should be decent for you guys...was a Buckeye commit, but couldn't clear the clearinghouse for some reason.

GL this year.

We will just call the Louisville pick a hunch, based upon things I have seen and heard out of this team so far this pre-season. I think the Ron English factor may be bigger than I first expected, as the attitude of this defense is completely different from last year, which is a great thing. They look more motivated, and are playing much meaner. Doug Beaumont at WR, he has moved all the way up to #1 WR on the depth chart that was just released today, is ultra talented, and I expect great things from him right out of the gate.

I will be at the game, and dont expect to leave unhappy.

Back