WCSF: LA Lakers vs Houston Discussion

Kuzma needs to play d, before he is third option. On offense he is fine imo

Kuzma needs to play d, before he is third option. On offense he is fine imo

I thought he played well on both ends tonight. Rondo was fantastic. They totally shut Houston down in 2nd half. I think lakers could end this in 5 but Houston prob have one more crazy hot shooting game and lose in 6.

I think that D'Antoni need to mix things up a bit. He has Chandler on his bench - player that did solid job protecting the rim and knows LeBron. He should get 5-7 minutes, just to mix things up and force Lakers to think and adjust. Rockets play a bit too predictable at the moment and you can see that Lakers in 2nd half reacted much better to the same moves Rockets did in 1st half. I also really liked to see Bron on Harden. I think Vogel needs more minutes of that. First of all, that's a statement, second - basically, the only one that can beat the Lakers, is Harden. RW, given his injury (and even without it), can be the x-factor, but this is Harden's team, without any doubt...
PJ injured (though playing) and if Covington is out, Rockets in huge problem... They stuck with Green as Center for 40 minutes (?)...
Btw, really liked the line ups that Vogel used this game. He put the right line ups, each time that Davis/ Bron on the bench, he placed the perfect line up imo...

If Rondo will be in some mode of "playoff Rondo" we all seen, Lakers suddenly got a shot against the Clippers...

Rockets have let the Lakers off the hook in consecutive 4th quarters.

It's a shame because they can easily win this series but unfortunately the Rockets are the Rockets.

Just can't apply the finishing touches when it counts.

Still, they could turn it around. Game 4 is huge. Injuries ?

i respect ya'lls opinions but i just dont understand how the hell you think rockets are better or have a chance in hell vs the lakers? it like we been watching different NBAs the last 30 years, the one i watch when you have the 2 best players you gonna win that series 99 out of 100 times.. last i checked bron still the best in the world and AD a top 5 player!! Harden might be a all time one on one scorer but a champion or winning playoff player he is not!! i really dont get what it is other than maybe bron or LA hate blinding guys i know have tons of nba knowledge?

far as rockets letting them off the hook, the games im watching lakers defense stepping up and showing why they a championship contender and houston is not. looks to me like lakers taking it much more so than rockets giving it away.. houston would have built a big lead on lot of teams last night but bron did exactly what it took to keep his team in the game. He answered them every time they made a big shot in the 1st half to keep lakers right where they needed to be.

i respect ya'lls opinions but i just dont understand how the hell you think rockets are better or have a chance in hell vs the lakers? it like we been watching different NBAs the last 30 years, the one i watch when you have the 2 best players you gonna win that series 99 out of 100 times.. last i checked bron still the best in the world and AD a top 5 player!! Harden might be a all time one on one scorer but a champion or winning playoff player he is not!! i really dont get what it is other than maybe bron or LA hate blinding guys i know have tons of nba knowledge?

far as rockets letting them off the hook, the games im watching lakers defense stepping up and showing why they a championship contender and houston is not. looks to me like lakers taking it much more so than rockets giving it away.. houston would have built a big lead on lot of teams last night but bron did exactly what it took to keep his team in the game. He answered them every time they made a big shot in the 1st half to keep lakers right where they needed to be.

your analysis is 100% right IMO.

I think the Rockets struggles in the 4th quarter in these games is a direct result of the Lakers defense

Lakers also have the 2 best players in this series like you mentioned.

Lakers hate blinding people is a real thing . Its all across the sports message boards.

I think the Rockets struggles in the 4th quarter in these games is a direct result of the Lakers defense

Lakers hate blinding people is a real thing . Its all across the sports message boards.
Lakers defense is absolutely good, no doubt.
The question moving forward in West will always be the offense. They need a third guy to show out. Last night, Jon Rondo.

i feel like when clippers do the exact same thing they get all the credit in the world but when lakers defense steps up and holds rockets down when it counts i hear a lot of "rockets blew it" talk.. dont recall seeing anyone say nuggets blew it when clippers held them to 19 points in the 4th qrtr.. just seems like a huge double standard to me.. that jerkoff skip bayless is so guilty it comical. he praised kwahii for how he impacted the game and made winning plays despite a terrible shooting night in game 3, then when bron cooks all 1st half to keep lakers in it then becomes the rim protector in the 2nd half good old skip says rondo bailed him out and rockets gave it away, blah blah blah.. shit is comical.

Lakers defense is absolutely good, no doubt.
The question moving forward in West will always be the offense. They need a third guy to show out. Last night, Jon Rondo.

obviously they dont have that one 3rd guy but i still think with bron and AD making it easy one of them will do enough any given night.. rondo always been a winner! i thought kuz has shown some pretty good signs lately, contributing in a lot of ways the last few games. i think kuzma as talented as any the other teams 3rd option, just a matter of getting it out of him!!

The Lakers have to expend a lot of energy on defense, and I think that may be partly why they didn't play any in the first half of that game last night. They simply can't keep up the pace for a full game, but they are confident they can score on these guys and keep it close that they don't have to for 48 mins.

I still think there is a possibility of a Rockets blowout in this series from start to finish, but having a hard time seeing them winning the next 3 of 4.

The Lakers have to expend a lot of energy on defense, and I think that may be partly why they didn't play any in the first half of that game last night. They simply can't keep up the pace for a full game, but they are confident they can score on these guys and keep it close that they don't have to for 48 mins.

I still think there is a possibility of a Rockets blowout in this series from start to finish, but having a hard time seeing them winning the next 3 of 4.

wouldnt shock me if rockets came out smoking from 3 and won one more but i dont think it would happen till lakers up 3-1.. agree with you about expeding the energy, i kinda think that also why bron had taken so few shots this series. he knows he gonna have to go balls to the wall to have a shot against clippers, he also knows he could use a 3rd guy to emerge so i kinda feel like he knows what he can get away with vs this team and is playing the long game. last night when houston was scoring he did what he can do whenever he wants vs houston and cooked them to keep la in the game. he wont always shoot like that but he can get to rim or down low in post anytime he wants in this series.

Didn’t they allow family members into the bubble now?.......

Bad boy House.....bad boy.........

LA -5 for me tonight.

Same. They put a strangle hold on series tonight. Lets just get to the conf championship we been knowing coming and waiting for all freaking season! Longest wait ever for the matchup we all knew was inevitable from day 1!

Same. They put a strangle hold on series tonight. Lets just get to the conf championship we been knowing coming and waiting for all freaking season! Longest wait ever for the matchup we all knew was inevitable from day 1!

Seems like that every year in the NBA, doesn't it? 80+ game regular season and playoffs are all just posturing to get to the inevitable final matchup. Even in a good year there's maybe 4 teams who have a legit shot at a 'ship. The whole league feels scripted sometimes.

Seems like that every year in the NBA, doesn't it? 80+ game regular season and playoffs are all just posturing to get to the inevitable final matchup. Even in a good year there's maybe 4 teams who have a legit shot at a 'ship. The whole league feels scripted sometimes.

yep. Just took way longer than usual to get here!!

As just stated in other thread...Harden will have his mind getting out of the bubble. It will be a DD Laker victory IMO.

absolutely. Hopefully we have heard the end of any suggestion rockets belonged on same court!! Other than gm 3 bron hasnt even had to assert himself to beat these clowns easy. That might just go a long way facing clippers he should be incredibly fresh!!

Rockets absolutely belonged on the court.

Got sold out by Russ and then Russ and House.

Just didn’t have the mental fortitude to handle adversity.

Gotta stop making excuses for this Rockets team night in and night out. Between a lack of defense, lack of discipline and not meshing well as a team, they simply can’t compete with a team that has Davis and James. They’re a classic pretender, not contender.

52 - 26 rebound margin... That says it all...
If Lakers wanted to, they would have won by 30+ points

Gotta stop making excuses for this Rockets team night in and night out. Between a lack of defense, lack of discipline and not meshing well as a team, they simply can’t compete with a team that has Davis and James. They’re a classic pretender, not contender.

yes, just admit the Lakers are the better team

Russ gave way more effort then Harden the last 2. James isnt even having to assert himself. cant we just admit lakers the much better team? house didnt make any difference in the outcome of this series, maybe had he played bron might of had to break a sweat.

What are the odds he comes out firing in a close out game? Will his props bet be better bet?

Thinking of taking Lakers spread and Harden over props....

I’m with Bar, I would think it more likely he curls up in a ball like a little bitch than going out firing. I think Russ the more likely one to go down swinging. James ain’t ever really been a fighter imo.

I’ll just be hammering lakers, imo no sense giving anything back guessing how either those 2 play. In the end I don’t think it matters much, like I’ve said all series it comes down to bron and AD, whenever they want to beat this team they can. Just so happens bron has been fine letting others guys do lot of the lifting as they havnt really needed him to score outside game 3.

The way the Rockets go out gonna be huge for this team and Jimmy's legacy going forward.

There was zero chance Rockets were winning this series. Zero.

I’m honestly shocked some thought that

Back