WCSF: LA Lakers vs Houston Discussion

On paper, Rockets should be very easy rival for the Lakers. Davis should be good enough to both dominate the paint and do the defense needed, Bron and Green should handle RW and Harden and while Tucker can guard James, it will be very hard for him and Covington to handle Bron and Davis. Chandler probably will need to be on the floor, something that against Rockets philosophy, but can't see it otherwise...
Bron also struggles mostly facing teams with strong Center - Hibbert, Timmy/ Splitter, Chandler, Bogut/ McGee - if he puts his head down and drives to the rim, very hard to see who will stop him...
But... Rockets have my respect and maybe they will choose to go even smaller and try to outrun the Lakers, so who knows...

If Bron is motivated, it can be gentleman's sweep...

On paper, Rockets should be very easy rival for the Lakers. Davis should be good enough to both dominate the paint and do the defense needed, Bron and Green should handle RW and Harden and while Tucker can guard James, it will be very hard for him and Covington to handle Bron and Davis. Chandler probably will need to be on the floor, something that against Rockets philosophy, but can't see it otherwise...
Bron also struggles mostly facing teams with strong Center - Hibbert, Timmy/ Splitter, Chandler, Bogut/ McGee - if he puts his head down and drives to the rim, very hard to see who will stop him...
But... Rockets have my respect and maybe they will choose to go even smaller and try to outrun the Lakers, so who knows...

houstons only shot is to just hope harden is regular season harden and they hit a high percentage of their 3s. They can’t guard bron or AD but if they get hot and get the lakers into a 3 point shooting track meet they have a punchers chance

This is going to be a fun and interesting series.

Russ needs to have a big series. The matchups are there for him to be the Houston xfactor.

This is going to be a fun and interesting series.

Russ needs to have a big series. The matchups are there for him to be the Houston xfactor.
Do you think Bron takes him and Green on Harden?
I think I would put KCP and Green on them and go with Davis and Bron as 5 and 4 here...

Do you think Bron takes him and Green on Harden?
I think I would put KCP and Green on them and go with Davis and Bron as 5 and 4 here...
I am not sure yet tbh...

I want to go back and look at the game at Staples after they switched up the lineup post Capela.

I've never gotten past their Brazil world cup thing.
That was wild, giving Brazil like an 80% chance of winning the world cup

Other one was when they were coming up with new locations for sports teams and suggested you put an nhl team in sudbury/thunder bay, which is like saying out an nhl team in LA and San Francisco, only about a 6 hour drive apart the cities

bron should destroy these guys, forget about being the facilitator and just drop 50 on these dudes at the rim every night, of course he wont do that so series could be interesting, although i agree if bron took charge and AD plays like a man it should be rather easy.

Lakers should be fine. They played like idiots... probably decided that they liked Portland's series too much and wanted to duplicate...
Same lame offense...
Didn't get the idea of Davis on RW on defense. Davis needs to be in the paint on defense...
Also, Harden on Davis and Davis comes almost to three point line to get the ball?! WTF?! Of course he will lose the ball... He should be in the paint and either get the ball or just shoot and let him get the rebound...
Always wondered what goes on in Waiters head when selecting a shot... probably nothing...
Kuzma, Waiters and Smith... three players that have yet to meet a shot they didn't like... But Waiters takes shot selection to another level...

I have them at +440 for the series for a nickel. I dont think LAL match up well with Rockets at all. Clippers will be a different story though, but will have to see when and if Playoff Paul shows up. Still the 1st game and rockets can still be rockets and easily shoot themselves out of games, but I think they will put up a good fight. Gotta love the hustle PJ brings

took them last night spread and ML, had them parlayed too spread and ML with the Heat.

Lakers need to change gears... Rockets are fast, you can't outrun them, so start playing even more slowly...
Bron and Davis hate playing set offense, but the more you force Houston players to work on defense, to bump and fight in the paint with Davis, Howard and McGee, the more you need to fight for every rebound and so on, the harder it is to find you rhythm on offense, to keep the shooting hand hot and so on...
In my eyes, the mere fact that Lakers and Rockets shot the same number of three pointers (38 - 39), means that Rockets strategy worked and Lakers strategy failed...
No way Lakers shoot better behind the arc than the Rockets...
If the series will be decided by three pointers, it's a sweep in Rockets favor.
If the series will be decided on rebounds, free throws and so on, it will be much harder for the Rockets to win a game...

Basically, Lakers need to turn in to Grit & Grind Memphis from previous decade... No way this Rockets team beats that Memphis team...

This is a match-up series like the Meat v Mucks but Pringles not on Spo's tactical level.

Lakers goofy bigs and a 35 yr old Cramps vs speed and shooting.

Rockets could sweep but they're likely to give the Fakers a game or two.

Today we saw finally difference in style. Not the same number of three shots attempts, but 27 - 53 in Rockets favor. That's how it suppose to be.
Driving to the basket, milking the clock and so on.
Not sure Vogel managed the game perfectly, but will take it :)
Lakers still have another level to go to, so looking good

Wussell was a -14 (+/-), dude shot 4-15 FG's, the Rockets had only one dude on the bench score and they lost by 8.

Took a rare clutch bucket by LeInconsistent to seal the cover.

I think the Rockets are fine.

Wussell was a -14 (+/-), dude shot 4-15 FG's, the Rockets had only one dude on the bench score and they lost by 8.

Took a rare clutch bucket by LeInconsistent to seal the cover.

I think the Rockets are fine.

In your last post, you basically predicted a 4–0, 4–1 or 4-2 Rockets series win - so you’ve got most of your bases covered. But, I’m just trying to figure out why you are so confident in the Rockets winning the series? I just don’t see it happening that way. I have no rooting interest in the series, so I’m just curious.

Does it have more to do with confidence in the Rockets, or lack of confidence in the Lakers? You pointed out the troubles the Rockets had last night, suggesting that won’t continue to happen. I look at it from another perspective, and think those are precisely the types of games the Rockets have, and that’s why they won’t win the series. Whether it was Westbrook last night, Harden the next game, lack of team defense on any given night - or whatever it may be - I’m just not confident in them beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. My opinion is that the Rockets will find a way to lose 4 games, which makes it very reasonable for the Lakers to find a way to win 4 games.

Just curious what you’re seeing that I’m not.

Basically, Lakers need to turn in to Grit & Grind Memphis from previous decade... No way this Rockets team beats that Memphis team...
That's some odd logic. The Rockets won't beat the Lakers because the Rockets couldn't beat a different 2014 team that plays a certain style.

I'm saying that Lakers need to slow down pace and force their small 5th & 4th positions to work hard on defense. That way you tire them down, don't let them get red hot and put them in foul trouble.
Running and shooting three pointers will be easy win for the Rockets

If I told you Rockets would shoot 22/53 from 3.

You would not only put a ton of money on them winning, , but you would be guessing that the game wouldn't even be close

This is going be a good series, and I feel the Lakers have to expend a lot on defense, but I'm not sure I just throw away this game as a one off if I'm a Rockets backer

In your last post, you basically predicted a 4–0, 4–1 or 4-2 Rockets series win - so you’ve got most of your bases covered. But, I’m just trying to figure out why you are so confident in the Rockets winning the series? I just don’t see it happening that way. I have no rooting interest in the series, so I’m just curious.

Does it have more to do with confidence in the Rockets, or lack of confidence in the Lakers? You pointed out the troubles the Rockets had last night, suggesting that won’t continue to happen. I look at it from another perspective, and think those are precisely the types of games the Rockets have, and that’s why they won’t win the series. Whether it was Westbrook last night, Harden the next game, lack of team defense on any given night - or whatever it may be - I’m just not confident in them beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. My opinion is that the Rockets will find a way to lose 4 games, which makes it very reasonable for the Lakers to find a way to win 4 games.

Just curious what you’re seeing that I’m not.

i agree. I really feel like if bron stops being the facilitator and just puts his head down and gets to the rim there nothing Houston can do to stop it!! Imo the only reason this gonna most likely be a long series is the fact bron so fucking passive!! Less than 20 shots both games is just crazy to me! If he would take 25-30 shots, not jumpers, putting his head down and getting to the rim 15-20 times a night! I just don’t see any answer houston has? They have no rim protection which historically been what gives bron problems. I know everyone loves the 3 ball but I’ll take bron at rim vs Houston jacking treys every time down all day every day!!

I gotta believe if there any point in series Bron feels in danger he will stop with the passing nonsense and simply take the game over. Just a damn shame he doesn’t do that every game! I assume he just trying to conserve himself and only do that when/if he has to. This really the only thing that keeps Jordan being the goat imo, you know he be dropping 50 on this garbage Houston “defense”!

Pringles - Wikipedia

I just can’t see Houston winning

me neither,, unless they just stay insanely hot from 3. hell, gm2 they shot 43% and made 22 treys and still lost! granted they went ice cold in 4th but that the problem jacking sdo many, it inevitable at some point.

Every now and again kuzma does something like drill that sweet turn around jumper and you think that kid could be a great 3rd option but then you quickly forget. lol

Back