WCF: Denver vs LA Lakers

Lakers very obvious favourites... But who will bet against the Nuggets with such odds?!

Zero I mean zero pressure on Nugs here they could get swept and it would take nothing away from their run

Everything on Lakers and Lebron , he hasn’t had this much pressure to win a title since way back with heat

that’s the only angle I see with Nuggets

To be honest, I thought Clippers have better chance to progress to the Finals than the Lakers, so happy we got Denver and not Clips.
Still, Lakers need to come in the right mindset.
I think that Davis, like Jokic, is a guard in Center's body, so it should be good match up for the Lakers.
Denver also the only team left that doesn't have Bron stopper and I assume Millsap will be on him and we seen how Bron abused him, when both in the East.
Assume Grant will be on him as well and Craig - but again... doubt they can stop him.
Rondo can frustrate Murray a bit, so overall - can't say I don't like the match ups.
Pressure cost Clippers the series, but Lakers are a franchise that used to deal with that kind of pressure.
It will be hard to root against Denver - they so much fun and I like the way they speak in post game interviews and so on, but Lakers in 5-6 games should close it.
But again... this is a team that proved that even being 3 -1 on them, doesn't promise anything (though should it be the score, Lakers will take them seriously this time).

Lakers have too many bodies to throw at Jokic. AD, JaVale, Dwight. Same w Murray, nuggs will need mpj, Millsap, Harris or someone else to put up a ton of points to stay in this

Lakers a bad matchup for Denver? Cmon...Denver will compete. This goes 6 or 7 and won't be surprised if the Lakers lose. Denver is learning as they go...Remember, Houston went 7 with a badly coached OKC team, so it is no surprise Lakers were able to make the adjustments and roll through Houston given their lack of rim protection. Through the playoffs the Nuggets lacked depth, health and scoring but were able to grind out the W against the Jazz. They have got healthier as the playoffs move forward. I understand the books are protecting themselves to taking on big Lakers money for the series...but that Nuggets +425 line is juicy. Should be more around +275 imo.

Lakers a bad matchup for Denver? Cmon...Denver will compete. This goes 6 or 7 and won't be surprised if the Lakers lose. Denver is learning as they go...Remember, Houston went 7 with a badly coached OKC team, so it is no surprise Lakers were able to make the adjustments and roll through Houston given their lack of rim protection. Through the playoffs the Nuggets lacked depth, health and scoring but were able to grind out the W against the Jazz. They have got healthier as the playoffs move forward. I understand the books are protecting themselves to taking on big Lakers money for the series...but that Nuggets +425 line is juicy. Should be more around +275 imo.

i love nuggets but once again i dont think they have a chance in hell of winning this series.. when you give Bron a top 5 player in a year he knows might be his last best chance he aint losing,, he coasted much of the rockets series knowing he might have to take over the wcf, im sure he expected it to be clippers but regardless he is rested and ready to go.. the price this high cause when the best player in the world has his eye on a ring and there no super teams to stop him he gonna win it.. as happy i am nuggets beat clippers to once and for all put a end to the redic crowning of a team that had accomplished nothing, i am bummed that i dont get the great lines lakers were gonna have vs the overrated flippers!!!! in that regard im very sad clippers lost cause it woulda been much more fun watching bron expose that team!!!!!

Lakers in 6 is my best guess, what im incredibly confident of is when lakers get 3 wins they will close nugs out, unless it 3-0 or possibly 3-1.. lakers might give one up with that big a lead but no way they let nugs get more than 2 wins

bron will show the pretender clippers what it looks like when a championship caliber team has the chance to put a team away, proving the regular season is to be treated with respect and used to prepare your team for these moments!!!!

I agree that Denver very deep. One of the things I like about them. Still... I do think it's a bad matchup for them.
Hope it will be a great series!

Bottom line, there is no way the Lakers are losing this series.

There is value with the Nuggets but it's still giving away money.

The league is what it is and the Cinderella's never marry the prince in these fairytales.

No Doc Rivers or an overstated non-vocal 'leader' or PG's anxiety in this series.

Would figure there has to be a degree of fatigue both mentally and physically with all the comebacks.

Lakers in 5 or possibly 6 if the league wants to make things interesting.

We are being set up for a cheesy honoring of Kobe with a Lakers Finals victory.

No pressure on Cramps in the WCF's whatsoever. Only the Celtics can stop LeDookie now.

I agree that Denver very deep. One of the things I like about them. Still... I do think it's a bad matchup for them.
Hope it will be a great series!

It will be for sure. I've got my future on Denver Nuggets +425 to win the Series / Dallas Stars +135 to win the Stanley Cup...hope they keep the printer warm for me.

If it will be this easy, what did y’all see in Houston?

Really just curious

I had a fat future on them (pre-Westbrook trade, they keep CP3 and Crapela it's an easier run to the WCF's).

They could have beat the Lakers with the small ball revolution but they lacked the stones and mental fortitude. Russ also never really fit or wanted to.

This series is easier for the Lakers because they're perfectly built to murk the Drunk Serbian and will put the clamps on Pubes Murray.

Nuggets nothing more than a sexy Cinderella feel-good play that ultimately eats a big bowl of shit.

Bottom line, there is no way the Lakers are losing this series.

There is value with the Nuggets but it's still giving away money.

The league is what it is and the Cinderella's never marry the prince in these fairytales.

No Doc Rivers or an overstated non-vocal 'leader' or PG's anxiety in this series.

Would figure there has to be a degree of fatigue both mentally and physically with all the comebacks.

Lakers in 5 or possibly 6 if the league wants to make things interesting.

We are being set up for a cheesy honoring of Kobe with a Lakers Finals victory.

No pressure on Cramps in the WCF's whatsoever. Only the Celtics can stop LeDookie now.

I agree. It's not easy to climb up the hill each time and now they need to fight again...
Would assume that if this one goes 3 - 1 for LA, it will be done in 5 games.

i dont get all the love for the celtics and there D..... Heat are going to beat them anyway.... Tatum is a stud no doubt..... Kemba disappears........ and jaylen is just a 3pt shoot smart is a better version of patrick beverly... unless kemba averages 25+ for boston they got no shot... and heat will shock the world and beat Lebumb

Remember, this isn’t for a championship, but a cool Disney tournament. Think of like an early NCAA Basketball tournament in November.

i dont get all the love for the celtics and there D..... Heat are going to beat them anyway.... Tatum is a stud no doubt..... Kemba disappears........ and jaylen is just a 3pt shoot smart is a better version of patrick beverly... unless kemba averages 25+ for boston they got no shot... and heat will shock the world and beat Lebumb

i picked Boston but what I’m shocked about isn’t heat winning, I’m shocked if this doesn’t go 6-7 games. And let’s be fair here, these games are incredibly tight, neither team is vastly better than the other.

Kemba been god awful all playoffs, I thought his college pedigree would carry over into the playoffs, sure didn’t expect him to turn into Harden

everyone keeps preying somebody beats LeBron. Might as well get used to the fact Bron is winning this thing, get over it or just do what the other haters starting to do and declare it “not a real championship” lmao.

Last edited:

+275? Nugs have a 26% chance to beat lakers? 1 out of every 4 seven games series? Is that the series bron or ad breaks their leg? I suppose 25% chance AD gets hurt is reasonable. That only way Bron losing. I had some doubts when I saw what lakers looked like entering the bubble but this been Brons year since day one.

nuggets have been down huge in basically every game, no way is Bron letting a team come back from DD down 4x!!

Remember, this isn’t for a championship, but a cool Disney tournament. Think of like an early NCAA Basketball tournament in November.
We will see if the winner in the end will be announced as NBA champion or a cool Disney tournament winner...

We will see if the winner in the end will be announced as NBA champion or a cool Disney tournament winner...

Throw in the social justice crap and this will forever be known as the Disney Toilet Bowl. Ratings approve of this message.

That's bs imo...
Will people remember the fact that Toronto won the title or the fact that they did it against GSW without KD and Klay?
Will people remember Houston taking the title or the fact that it was done in a short season?
Will people remember MJ winning B2B2B titles or the fact that they never should have won Game 6 against the Jazz (Eisley's three was on time and ruled after 24 seconds clock and Bulls three pointer the other way around)?
Boston claimed that Lakers never won their true starters after Perk went down, forgetting that two seasons ago, they won Lakers without Bynum (and failed to beat Orlando the season after that to give Lakers a rematch) - still, we remember Lakers getting the title...

No matter who wins it, the banner will go up and rings will be passed. Bubble was even for every one and the team that goes through this adversity, makes it more deserving champ, not less imo (doesn't matter if it will be Lakers or not).

That's bs imo...
Will people remember the fact that Toronto won the title or the fact that they did it against GSW without KD and Klay?
Will people remember Houston taking the title or the fact that it was done in a short season?
Will people remember MJ winning B2B2B titles or the fact that they never should have won Game 6 against the Jazz (Eisley's three was on time and ruled after 24 seconds clock and Bulls three pointer the other way around)?
Boston claimed that Lakers never won their true starters after Perk went down, forgetting that two seasons ago, they won Lakers without Bynum (and failed to beat Orlando the season after that to give Lakers a rematch) - still, we remember Lakers getting the title...

No matter who wins it, the banner will go up and rings will be passed. Bubble was even for every one and the team that goes through this adversity, makes it more deserving champ, not less imo (doesn't matter if it will be Lakers or not).

100% everyone knows the C’s only lost that ring was because they were missing their 3 Centers. Oh, and Ray Allen went like 1/12 from 3. Superior team, no doubt.

This is about as lame a champion run you could have. Maybe only worse was any ring won vs those horrible East teams in the early 2000s - like the Nets.

I did enjoy bubble ball during the day though. After sports was gone for so long it was a welcome surprise. Any time you have a competitive sport though where people would rather not play, than play, for whatever reason - it has to asterisk it somewhat. If you put a lie detector test on the Clippers and ask would they rather still be playing I’m guessing the majority answer no.

Bron 1-6 last 7 game one's? Or did I misread that?
Interesting stat, have no idea. Just feel that Denver mail it in, like after game 7 against Utah plus Lakers will be looking to make a statement, after losing both Game 1 and Denver just knocking out Clips

Interesting stat, have no idea. Just feel that Denver mail it in, like after game 7 against Utah plus Lakers will be looking to make a statement, after losing both Game 1 and Denver just knocking out Clips
Should be interesting.

Denver came out hot first quarter+ in Game 1 last series...I guess prolly riding adrenaline. Extra day off here as well between series.

Believe this is the hardest 'ship to win imo because of all the mindfucks as well as being on a completely neutral venue with zero crowd, atmospherical influences.

The better constructed, mentally fortified teams have gotten this far.

Teams with a strong backbone.

It's not only hoops but a battle of will, it's Survivor in an NBA setting. The strong survive. Cracks right now starting to show in Boston.

Only fitting the league's biggest narcissist lifts the trophy at the end of it all.

Perfect setting for a guy like Cramps.

Lakers have looked terrible in the G1s so far, sounds like Lebron is saying all the right stuff about not taking Nuggets lightly, etc etc

LeCorny at it again...

Doesn't LebroNarcissist tend to have huge games the game after he is NOT chosen league MVP... or is that just me making things up?

thinking we really missed out on what would have been an epic series with Clips..

Nearly impossible to compete with the Lakers if Davis plays like this

And totally impossible to compete with the Lakers if the Nuggets get the fouls called on them like they did.

Back