WBC 2013 - tourney long thread

Adam Loewen? Are you fucking serious? This POS was a PITCHER IN MLB. I used to fade his ass when he pitched for the O's. A freaking former pitcher comes up with a 2 out RBI hit... and you have Braun and Phillips who couldn't do shit with men on 2nd/3rd...

Adding,

Cuba / Netherlands over 9 -110 *2.2 to win 2

I swear it seems like all I am taking is a big favorite and over lately, but I gotta do this. Netherlands has a really thin pitching and it's been depleted. As long as Netherlands contribute a run or two, I think this number will clear.

17-10-0 +6.38

Tues
Japan/Netherlands over 9 (-115) 2.3 to win 2
Puerto Rico +1.5 (+100) 1 to win 1
PR/USA under 9 (+100) 1 to win 1
Italy/DR over 10 (-120) 1.2 to win 1

waiting on DR runline to be -2.5 with normal juice. 5D Has -1.5 at -210 which is bullshit.

A couple of reasons for me to lean over.

1) Both teams qualified for the final round, so this game doesn't have the same magnitude of importance as an elimination game where managers tend to play small ball and go for that one run rather than a big inning by letting his guys swing away.

2) Because of the WBC pitch count rule, Ynetma and Martis, who have been the first 2 middle relievers out of the pen, will not be available today.

3) Bergman is making his first start of the tournament instead of Markwell, ace of Netherlands.

4) Netherlands line up is not bad. They are not over powering, but they do have experienced hitters that played in Japan or MLB/Minors (hey including Andruw Jones who is like 59 years old by now)

Thanks!

I don't think 5D will offer DR -2.5. I could take -1.5 at -200 but that's just wrong. I already have a unit on over, so I will just leave it at that.

Italian line up has a lot of MLB guys so I was expecting some output but this score baffles me. I hope DR wakes up soon.

19-12-0 +7.18

Weds
Both Italy and PR burned their pitching staff today. I will definitely look at Italy and over tomorrow.

Good pitching stops good hitting (usually) and I was leaning USA and under but lines kinda moved away from me. I think USA should win but -160 is a bit high for me to take. I will take this game's loser against PR tomorrow however.

I was right about Dickey bouncing back and the game under but wrong about USA winning... I will make a big wager on USA RL tomorrow.

19-12-0 +7.18

Fri
USA -1.5 -140 *1.4 to win 1

It's just a homer pick. No other reason. Go USA.

19-13-0 +5.78

1 out basesloaded pop up by Stanton in the 8th inning was the difference. PR was the right side, but USA had a chance to steal the game right there.

Sat
DR vs PR over 8.5 -110

All 5 games in Round 2 (Pool 2) have gone under. Same starting pitchers (Wandy vs Roman) will go for each team that met back on March 10. In that game, they had a lot of base runners but failed to hit in RISP, going 3 for 17 combined. I think it will end up differently today. Winner of this game faces Netherlands instead of Japan, so there is plenty of reason for both teams to try.

19-14-0. +4.68

2 more games left and I have my future bet on DR so I will just let it ride.

19-14-0. +4.68

2 more games left and I have my future bet on DR so I will just let it ride.

You have a pretty nice opportunity to hedge tonight, since u have DR to win it all at +400. You can get +330 on the Netherlands tonight , might be worth a look.

Put a few on Nederland +1.5, otherwise unwatchable :-)

Good luck with Dominican Republic in trny.

Back