Was the fix in last night? (PHI @ GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no "crying" here. It's called a discussion. If you wanna be a dick, just keep on scrolling. And FYI, I had no money on the game.

The Jeffery non-call, in my opinion, and the opinion of many others, was directly related to the previous non-call against Philly. The opinion that "well, there's no way in hell they're gonna give Philly that one after they just screwed GB on that previous one".

It doesn’t sound like you want a discussion though, you want someone to agree with you. It seems that the vast majority here do not think the game was fixed. Can we discuss why you think it is that the NFL would care so much that Philly was going to be 1-3 that they fixed a game?

How about we discuss how, if the were fixing the game, they did an absolutely horrible job of it as the Pack had 1st and goal twice in the last 8 minutes of the game and should have won if the correct play calls were made (how you don’t run once the first time is puzzling, how you didn’t run 4 times the 2nd time especially after the 1st down run is beyond puzzling). If the game was fixed how in the fuck was THAT the plan to get the desired outcome?

The officiating is so bad that it looks like the fix is in.

The officiating has been that bad for close to a decade. I’ve been on here beating the drum about NFL officiating every step of the way. It’s been a joke for years and the NFL doesn’t care acout it or they would have done something by now. They like the controversy that comes from the bad/controversial calls.

The rule was not put in place to overturn bang bang questionable PI calls. You can freeze a frame and make it look bad but that's not what the rule was made for..

That play early in the 3rd quarter was far from a "bang bang questionable PI call".

It doesn’t sound like you want a discussion though, you want someone to agree with you. It seems that the vast majority here do not think the game was fixed. Can we discuss why you think it is that the NFL would care so much that Philly was going to be 1-3 that they fixed a game?

How about we discuss how, if the were fixing the game, they did an absolutely horrible job of it as the Pack had 1st and goal twice in the last 8 minutes of the game and should have won if the correct play calls were made (how you don’t run once the first time is puzzling, how you didn’t run 4 times the 2nd time especially after the 1st down run is beyond puzzling). If the game was fixed how in the fuck was THAT the plan to get the desired outcome?

I never said the game WAS "fixed". I posed the question in the thread title and gave my thoughts on it in the original post. Read again.

Looks like we've got ourselves quite a discussion now though.

Are the refs still “part time” employees?
That needs to change if so.

Also Spek said pretty much how I feel

Been saying that for close to a decade, which is why I’m convinced the NFL doesn’t care. If they cared, they would have made the officials full time years ago.

Are the refs still “part time” employees?
That needs to change if so.

Also Spek said pretty much how I feel

I don’t know why there isn’t a college/school for NFL referees. I don’t know why they don’t get more ex-players to be officials (enticing them with full time work and great pay), as they’ll be more in tune with the speed of the game than some 62 year old white dude with a limp. I don’t know why the officials don’t work year round, going to practices/mini camps/colleges, and then putting in video work with technology companies like SportsScience who can help them get better.

I don’t know why any of that stuff doesn’t happen outside of the NFL not caring about how their product is officiated.

My posts last night about NFL being another version of the WWE were primarily a result of the last interception not being reviewed. I was tanked and didn't see a replay last night, but seeing that Tweet has me even more angry than when I went to bed.

Regardless if NFL is "fixing" games, I have zero confidence in the end product being put on the field. That's a problem.

dk if I agree with that. could see 10-6 getting a wild card if Dallas continues to crush and ends up 11-5 or something
Wildcards will come from North and West imo. Rams and SF both crack 10 wins. Two north teams will hit 10 at least.

Did refs tell them to not run the ball on goal line? Did refs open those gaping holes for eagles to run thru?

Did refs tell them to not run the ball on goal line? Did refs open those gaping holes for eagles to run thru?

They certainly failed to call the DPI in the end zone on the pass at the end...oh, and failed to even review the play (obviously in the final 2 minutes, coach can't challenge himself). But that's not on the refs, huh?

No review on this:Screenshot_20190927-065922~2.png

The officiating has been that bad for close to a decade. I’ve been on here beating the drum about NFL officiating every step of the way. It’s been a joke for years and the NFL doesn’t care acout it or they would have done something by now. They like the controversy that comes from the bad/controversial calls.
It's much worse now. Wentz is basically laying on the ground with possession of the ball and because he loses the ball well after, none of the officials blow the whistle. All because they blew a call in the Rams-Saints game in week 2.
So we fucked up before, so let's not fuck it up the same way, let's fuck it up with instant replay there to correct our fuck up.

Last edited:
They certainly failed to call the DPI in the end zone on the pass at the end...oh, and failed to even review the play (obviously in the final 2 minutes, coach can't challenge himself). But that's not on the refs, huh?

No review on this:View attachment 43263

Yeah, they were horrible calls. No the game wasn’t fixed. It still hasn’t been answered as to why you (or anyone) would think the NFL cares enough about Philly being 1-3 to go to the lengths to fix a week 4 TNF game. Not to mention again, they did a horrible job “fixing” the game if GB had two 1st and goals in the last 9 minutes of the game.

I said multiple times during the game they were letting the corners play. Imo it went both ways and Philly just did a better job taking advantage of it.

Anyways I’m done with it. There no talking common sense with someone who convinced games are fixed. Not usually tho, just when the outcome doesn’t favor them.

Yeah, they were horrible calls. No the game wasn’t fixed. It still hasn’t been answered as to why you (or anyone) would think the NFL enough about Philly being 1-3 to go to the lengths to fix a week 4 TNF game.

It was already answered in post #27.

Maybe you don't understand the millions upon millions of dollars on the line based on the ratings of these primetime games (especially the SNF games).

Guys, I have entertained the possibility of games being fixed, and I think it does happen in NCAA, tennis, boxing, etc. And I am sure there have been times where a professional athlete was being compromised as well. But for a full on conspiracy run by the NFL to go down, do you know how many people would have to be in on it and keep quiet about it? Do you realize the risk the league would be taking? If ONE whistleblower were to come out and tell the public that the NFL told them to call a game a certain way, the billion dollar product would be be done. Its not worth it just to keep Philly in the NFC East hunt

Which ncaa sports?

Tennis is famous for it, boxing nowadays is too dangerous imo with cameras

Maybe you don't understand the millions upon millions of dollars on the line based on the ratings of these primetime games (especially the SNF games).

The nfl ratings are pretty consistent

Also if anything, they want dallas in the playoffs more than anything, philly losing is a benefit them

I remember a dick deitsch article last year, dallas and the cowboys were the only teams that had a huge impact on ratings in primetime or playoff games

There were other small outliers like pack, steez, over time. Plus flavor of the time stuff like mahomes would be now

I mean just look at penalties that took away eagle touchdowns

Or not overturning when the eagles challenged for dpi, to be fair they were consistent not overturning both

I’m glad they letting guys play and not overturning fucking pi, the rule is a joke to begin with. The quicker these jerkoff coaches get it thru their heads they not gonna get handouts maybe the quicker they will stop wasting our time w these challenges!!

They were absolutely letting the corners on both sides play, eagles simply had to defend a lot more passes and were taking adv by being physical.

As I say with home plate umps i don’t much care what their k-zone is as long as they call it consistently for both sides then the pitchers/hitters outta be able to adjust. Same applies here, it not as if they were letting one teams corners be physical and not the others so I have absolutely no problem with it. I’d actually be thrilled if more games were called like this one. I thought they did a great job!’

Only thing i played was the over so not as if allowing physical corner play was to my benefit either, obviously didn’t matter but still, let them play!! Are we not all sick of the flag fest that been going on? Now we get a game where refs do a good job and we gonna cry fix cause there weren’t enough flags?!?!?!!??

Lol. First of all, the arrogance in this comment is so blind and absurd. I think i’ll dare to assert that Jedi does understand about television ratings.

And how does this basic point even help your case lol? His point still stands completely untouched. Do you know how many primetime games there are? So why put so much effort in fixing one? And how would fixing a primetime game even make its ratings go up? Or those of ensuing primetime games?

So you‘re basing this off something that Stephen A Smith said? Lol.

Exactly, wiz... If you think about it in terms of NFL $$$$$'s, if Philly loses that game and winds up 1-3, then the Cowboys beat the Brees-less Saints on Sunday night, making Dallas 4-0, that potentially makes the NFC East a "cakewalk" (Stephen A. just said this on First Take) for the Cowboys......and makes a lot of those big TV games involving the Cowboys and the Eagles a lot less significant and far less interesting. These are the things to think about with a potential "fix" combined with head-scratching calls being made in the game.

You‘re really grasping at straws if you need Stephen A to support your case lol

They play on primetime once and it‘ll be a lot more interesting than some of the other primetime games that are scheduled...seriously some of these choices are gross.

There's no "crying" here. It's called a discussion. If you wanna be a dick, just keep on scrolling. And FYI, I had no money on the game.

The Jeffery non-call, in my opinion, and the opinion of many others, was directly related to the previous non-call against Philly. The opinion that "well, there's no way in hell they're gonna give Philly that one after they just screwed GB on that previous one".

You just ignore everything that doesn‘t suite your narrative while insulting other users when they disagree. Great discussion, man. You keep thwarting logic and building your collage of random factoids and quotes and enjoy your fantasy land.

And games aren't FIXED they are INFLUENCED.

In the NFL though it is more about incompetence because the league insists that senile, ignorant old shits are the right men for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back