Was the fix in last night? (PHI @ GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L8kersFan74

Pretty much a regular
I'm not usually one of these conspiracy theorists..... But, the way the officiating went in that game, it really seemed to me like the NFL did not want the Eagles starting the season 1-3. Tons of football to play, but, that would've almost completely given the NFC East to the Cowboys in Week 4 of the season.

I'm not usually one of these conspiracy theorists..... But, the way the officiating went in that game, it really seemed to me like the NFL did not want the Eagles starting the season 1-3. Tons of football to play, but, that would've almost completely given the NFC East to the Cowboys in Week 4 of the season.

The refs def kept GB out of the end zone on the 6 plays from within the 5 in the 4th quarter.

also, re-watch how many holds were not called on GB throughout the game. theres no fix; refs just suck. last week Miles Sanders literally had his head almost ripped off and no face mask was called. they are just bad and it is absolutely hurting the product

That PI challenge that was not overturned which should've given GB a 1st down in Philly territory early Q3 was unreal... Even Mike Pereira said as much. What's the point of having the replay if these idiots are gonna go look at it in slow motion for several minutes and still clearly get it wrong?

NFL refs get paid way too many $$$$$'s to be completely incompetent.

How that ref didn't overturn the non-call of DPI is really mind boggling..... That's really the main thing that sticks out. How does everybody in America watch those replays and say "oh, yeah, that's definitely pass interference", but, of course the one guy that doesn't see it that way is the referee of the game?

Complete incompetence or a fix? Screenshot_20190927-070728~2.png

And how is it these refs don't get fired the next morning? If any of us sucked this bad at our jobs, I'm sure we'd be fired on the spot.

How that ref didn't overturn the non-call of DPI is really mind boggling..... That's really the main thing that sticks out. How does everybody in America watch those replays and say "oh, yeah, that's definitely pass interference", but, of course the one guy that doesn't see it that way is the referee of the game?

Complete incompetence or a fix? View attachment 43247

Because they look at way more angles than we do.

They didn’t overturn a PI challenge on Jeffrey either...it’s pretty clear the refs aren’t going to overturn PI calls unless it’s really blatant. Every replay looks like PI in slow mo.

It looked like blatant PI full speed too lol..... Don't know how anybody could say it didn't. To the millions watching the game, including Mike Pereira. Only guy that didn't see it that way was the referee. If this is not "blatant", I honestly don't know what is.

Not "blatant"??? Screenshot_20190927-065916~2.png

Fix?!

Try sitting in the Superdome and no PI called on the Rams

That’s still bothers the fuck outta me

Fix?!

Try sitting in the Superdome and no PI called on the Rams

That’s still bothers the fuck outta me

Absolutely. Don't disagree one bit.

Bottom line, the NFL has a major problem with the incompetence of their officiating right now. They continue to look really bad on a regular basis, even AFTER looking at replay.

you can argue it both ways honestly. and as much as people don't like to hear the word "fix", it definitely could be, the refs could have an agenda, which was not to make philly be 1-3. being inconsistent will be used instead of the word fixed to make it sound better. who knows. one thing rules, $$$. period. you can slice and dice it anyway

Exactly, wiz... If you think about it in terms of NFL $$$$$'s, if Philly loses that game and winds up 1-3, then the Cowboys beat the Brees-less Saints on Sunday night, making Dallas 4-0, that potentially makes the NFC East a "cakewalk" (Stephen A. just said this on First Take) for the Cowboys......and makes a lot of those big TV games involving the Cowboys and the Eagles a lot less significant and far less interesting. These are the things to think about with a potential "fix" combined with head-scratching calls being made in the game.

Yea but some refereeing inconsistency...a narrative that many can imagine...these are boxes that you can check for maybe even every single game if you‘re invested enough into it. So do we want to talk about fixing for every single game?

Trivia question: how many times were Packers inside the five and came up empty? Sounds like they were „allowed“ to have a high-percentage chance of winning

That PI challenge that was not overturned which should've given GB a 1st down in Philly territory early Q3 was unreal... Even Mike Pereira said as much. What's the point of having the replay if these idiots are gonna go look at it in slow motion for several minutes and still clearly get it wrong?

NFL refs get paid way too many $$$$$'s to be completely incompetent.

there was also DPI clearly on Jeffery that the Eagles challenged and they didn't change that either. They are clearly making a point that sure the league says u can challenge that now but they aren't gonna change it unless its beyond ridiculous. funny you didn't post a screen shot of the Jeffery one. sorry you lost, but stop crying

I was just gonna start a thread on whether we're getting desensitized to this nonsense called officiating or are we paying attention.
Last nights game with 2 good teams was so poorly officiated that I want to stop watching.

I was just gonna start a thread on whether we're getting desensitized to this nonsense called officiating or are we paying attention.
Last nights game with 2 good teams was so poorly officiated that I want to stop watching.

It was probably the best officiated Eagles game all season. Seriously. The NFL has a problem.

my tweets during eagles games are the exact same way. ive wanted every coach, coordinator and player fired or cut at some point. that's the heat of the moment...but when its all over you have to come back to logic
Absolutely. I'll ALWAYS take thoughts from you or say in this instance Fondy the next day.. that's the nature of it.

The rule was not put in place to overturn bang bang questionable PI calls. You can freeze a frame and make it look bad but that's not what the rule was made for..

It was made for Crabtree in the end zone vs. Ravens in the SB and the Saints/Rams last year.

Packers benefited from a questionable face mask on 2nd and 19 earlier, too.

Then an illegal contact on the drive before the half.

If you're fixing a game you don't call a 5 yard illegal contact to stop the clock with 40 seconds left.

there was also DPI clearly on Jeffery that the Eagles challenged and they didn't change that either. They are clearly making a point that sure the league says u can challenge that now but they aren't gonna change it unless its beyond ridiculous. funny you didn't post a screen shot of the Jeffery one. sorry you lost, but stop crying

There's no "crying" here. It's called a discussion. If you wanna be a dick, just keep on scrolling. And FYI, I had no money on the game.

The Jeffery non-call, in my opinion, and the opinion of many others, was directly related to the previous non-call against Philly. The opinion that "well, there's no way in hell they're gonna give Philly that one after they just screwed GB on that previous one".

Fixed or not, the recent expansion of sports wagering public will begin to use this term to justify losses.
Thus , the product suffers.
The "inconsistency" will make the game unworthy of our time.
We had a huge uptick in holding calls. Anyone that denies there's holding on every play isn't paying attention.
That has been stated many times.
Now the laundry comes out and the game grinds to a halt. Brady puts out a tweet and we don't have as many by the weekend.
The refs are in a tough spot, but if they have decided to review PI, then get it right or don't throw flags at all.

The rule was not put in place to overturn bang bang questionable PI calls. You can freeze a frame and make it look bad but that's not what the rule was made for..

It was made for Crabtree in the end zone vs. Ravens in the SB and the Saints/Rams last year.

Packers benefited from a questionable face mask on 2nd and 19 earlier, too.

Then an illegal contact on the drive before the half.

If you're fixing a game you don't call a 5 yard illegal contact to stop the clock with 40 seconds left.

I think you are right about the intention, but who determines where the line is drawn between one that is clearly PI but not blatant enough to overturn, and one egregious like those you mentioned? That's the tough part.

This was just a stupid move by the NFL. If a team misses out on a super bowl bc of a blatant hold, are they gonna make holds reviewable? It was an absolutely brutal non call, but this was not the way to handle it. The league just catered to the Saints whining.

Honestly, that last play should never be PI. Its football; two guys going for the ball. Maybe one guy touches another a split second before the ball gets there. Let them play.

The Maddox one you mentioned 100000% was PI. So was the one on Jeffrey. But reviewing penalties is just a dumb idea; refs suck but this is an added wrinkle that is going to do more harm than good

Guys, I have entertained the possibility of games being fixed, and I think it does happen in NCAA, tennis, boxing, etc. And I am sure there have been times where a professional athlete was being compromised as well. But for a full on conspiracy run by the NFL to go down, do you know how many people would have to be in on it and keep quiet about it? Do you realize the risk the league would be taking? If ONE whistleblower were to come out and tell the public that the NFL told them to call a game a certain way, the billion dollar product would be be done. Its not worth it just to keep Philly in the NFC East hunt

Oh Boy! It's like being at Covers 10 years ago all over again! PI calls. I've always thought, if your the cb, fs, whomever and don't turn your head around it is an automatic PI. End of story. Anyways, usually back in the day at Covers, this came up for two reasons. 1. The person's favorite team lost. or B. (Almost ALWAYS) The person lost his/her wager and feels better by calling it a fix, rather than they just lost their wager.

Exactly! dude lost a bet. I don't usually talk about gambling to my non-gambling friends, because they just don't understand. They don't "get it." And I've never heard anyone who didn't have money on the game argue that "the fix was in" or whatever. It always makes you sound like a degen. It always sounds like dude made a shitty wager, loses said wager, and then cries when it's over like "it was fixed!" LakerFan I see your logic but it's a fine line to walk because that's how people are gonna see it from the outside looking in.

Exactly! dude lost a bet. I don't usually talk about gambling to my non-gambling friends, because they just don't understand. They don't "get it." And I've never heard anyone who didn't have money on the game argue that "the fix was in" or whatever. It always makes you sound like a degen. It always sounds like dude made a shitty wager, loses said wager, and then cries when it's over like "it was fixed!" LakerFan I see your logic but it's a fine line to walk because that's how people are gonna see it from the outside looking in.

I had no money on the game last night.

That being said... Who's to say that ref didn't grow up being a Philly fan? Can't you see it? All his life he's been an Eagles fan, and now he can help his favorite team and 'Miss' the PI. Or miss a holding. Is that a 'Fix' Nah. Just a regular joe growing up remembering his love of Ron Jaworski throwing dimes to Willbert Montgomery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back