Warning on SPAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Holland appears to be hungry to do more than just win their group play. The Holland team did beat everyone by a combined score of 9-1-- THey played better teams than SPain did."

How the hell can you compare to different squads with 2 different styles of plays, 2 different coaches?

Sure the Dutch played a much more difficult group but we aren't talking about the Dutch now are we.

"Spain plays as individuals they always have, Italy plays as a team, how else do you get a 1-0- lead and sit on it and try to win, with team defense---- SPAIN has a few great players but that does not beat a better team--"

I have stated that both countries have a lot of egos, but in all the years I've watched Spain...this is the first time they looked united. This is a new generation of players with a different mentality. Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Torres, Puyol, Ramos, Villa have all grown up in the same Era.

Anyways after reading what you have to say I actually wish Spain would win now lol. My gut tells me the Italians will pull it out, but not for the reasons you have stated.

You guys can think what you want but if you think Spain's head is in this match it is not. Look at supposed superstar players when they play Blue collar lunch box type of players?

Ronaldo what did he do?
MOdri yesterday what did he do?

You will see Villa and Torres do a similar thing tomorrow. Can you really blame them though-- they are young and have money and have everyone telling them how good they are-- They are the offensive stars of this tourny--

Last time I checked in PRO sports- Where did all these offensive stars go in the playoffs?

Randy Moss and Patriots Offense vs Giants-
Crosby and Malkin vs Detroit Red Wings
Colorado Rockies offense vs Boston Red Sox

It never fails you can see why a team loses, and teams in SPains situations that have a weak defense just do not advance and LOSE- it is proven in every sport you cannot win, I dont care how good VILLA and TORRES are, they will not win tomorrow--

THe Dutch on the other hand are a different story they have a complete team, they are faster than any other team on the pitch, they have 4 legitimate strikers, SCHNEIDER, and Van DER SAR who is playing out of his mind. His heigh is a great asset as his ability to read where the shot is going. Spain has none of this and also has a goalie with small hands in CASILLAS that can be overpowered by a shot, as we saw in the Sweden game. Just like the days of the incument Zubi ZUBARETTA and CANNATHARES in nets for Spain they always get bad goaltending. I know casillas is better than those 2 and supposedly good, but I cant see how anyone take a keeper with such small hands.

You guys can think what you want but if you think Spain's head is in this match it is not. Look at supposed superstar players when they play Blue collar lunch box type of players?

Ronaldo what did he do?
MOdri yesterday what did he do?

You will see Villa and Torres do a similar thing tomorrow. Can you really blame them though-- they are young and have money and have everyone telling them how good they are-- They are the offensive stars of this tourny--

Last time I checked in PRO sports- Where did all these offensive stars go in the playoffs?

Randy Moss and Patriots Offense vs Giants-
Crosby and Malkin vs Detroit Red Wings
Colorado Rockies offense vs Boston Red Sox

It never fails you can see why a team loses, and teams in SPains situations that have a weak defense just do not advance and LOSE- it is proven in every sport you cannot win, I dont care how good VILLA and TORRES are, they will not win tomorrow--

THe Dutch on the other hand are a different story they have a complete team, they are faster than any other team on the pitch, they have 4 legitimate strikers, SCHNEIDER, and Van DER SAR who is playing out of his mind. His heigh is a great asset as his ability to read where the shot is going. Spain has none of this and also has a goalie with small hands in CASILLAS that can be overpowered by a shot, as we saw in the Sweden game. Just like the days of the incument Zubi ZUBARETTA and CANNATHARES in nets for Spain they always get bad goaltending. I know casillas is better than those 2 and supposedly good, but I cant see how anyone take a keeper with such small hands.

wtf? weren't you the one banking on Croatia to beat the Turks? So what gives man.

Modric is an absolute CLASS player. Tottenham have a gem on their hands and are so fortunate to play only 15mil for the lad when he could be well worth over 20mil right now.

Croatia IS a blue collar type of team. They do not have SUPERSTARS that are paid big big big bucks. Bilic is a class coach, he's young and knows how to treat the players right.

You are going to judge a team based on the fact they want to make money?

You do realize, if you ask anyone here, and god forbid i'm agreeing with Greencastle here, that Portugal had a absolute class defense. The German's had a better game plan and what did they do? They rotated on Ronaldo, causing the offense to be frustrated. There is only so much a defense can do before it crumbles.

For you to bring up north american sports teams into this is ridiculous.

So tell me then...how come Real Madrid has won back to back La Liga titles. Do they not fall into the category of a team with lots of superstars and lots of money?

How is it that both Chelsea and Man Utd reached the CL finals with all their SUPERSTARS that have a lot of money?

I'm still quite puzzled with your theories.

Sammy aren't you the same guy who picked the Hawks to win in game 7 vs the celtics. The Cavs to beat the Celtics. The pistons to crush the Celtics and then the Lakers to walk through them?

Im gonna probably pick this as a draw and Spain eventually wins, Sammy I really hope if Spain does win you want start saying it was the obvious pick

Sam IAM thanks for the contributions to the forum buddy, keep up the good work.

Gurv no you are right about the DUTCH, and I think SPAIN will follow, bottom line is these teams can only win if they get up right away, and cannot win a close game that is for sure--

Spain will not get ahead by 2 goals and then will start fighting and self destruct, just like the DUTCH, Dutch are a team that runs it up also, I took them for small thought it would be different, cant say I was surprised that they lost as the pressure is too much and they CHOKE once again, SPAIN is in the same boat, they have all the ability to CHOKE also--

More things change more things stay the same I think is the saying--

So far Portugal out as usual, Dutch Choke as usual and now SPAIN?

I still don't get it you were just praising the Dutch now you are saying they Choke? Come on man, where is your consistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back