Vikings at Rams DISCUSSION - Thursday Night

Rams will be in a dog fight. I need to look at who's going to be active for this game on both sides. With both Rams DBs out and no pass rush, I think Vikings can get their share of points. Gotta see what's going on with the Vikings and yesterdays inactives.

A few +7.5 -115 showing up now too. Im tempted to take a shot with the vikes but the rule on Thursday night is home team or nothing.

Vikings flew out yesterday late afternoon/early evening. It's a long trip and with a short week it definitely gives the Rams an advantage. I was thinking we would see Rams -4 to -5 prior to last week. No idea what the mental state of this team is right now. They've really only played 1 good quarter of football in their last 8 (2 quarters if you count OT at GB). OL is a fucking mess. Rams win but +7.5 if you can get it is probably too good to pass up. Vikes handled them pretty good last year at home. Completely shut down the running game.

Vikings flew out yesterday late afternoon/early evening. It's a long trip and with a short week it definitely gives the Rams an advantage. I was thinking we would see Rams -4 to -5 prior to last week. No idea what the mental state of this team is right now. They've really only played 1 good quarter of football in their last 8 (2 quarters if you count OT at GB). OL is a fucking mess. Rams win but +7.5 if you can get it is probably too good to pass up. Vikes handled them pretty good last year at home. Completely shut down the running game.

P. Do you think Minny “took the week off” and not preparing for Buffalo to prepare for LA?

Last edited:
P. Do you think Minny “took the week off” and not preparing for Buffalo to prepare for LA?
I'm doubtful but who knows. Wins all count the same so in that sense I'd say no. But I think Zimmer is full of shit if he said they were not looking ahead. It was a classic trap game.

This is also the start of a pretty brutal road trip too. This team also has a history of shitting the bed in PT games.

Why would they have been looking ahead to the damn Rams in Week 4 ? What has this Rams team done to warrant a look ahead ?

Vikes have the Eagles aka the defending SB champs and team that knocked them out of the playoffs last season next week. They looking ahead here ?

Don't believe they were looking ahead at all last week, they just got their freakin' brakes beat by the shitty Bills fair and square.

Always concerns me when it seems the whole world (CTG & what I hear on VSIN anyways) is on Minn yet the line hasn't dipped below 7.

Emkee, 100% disagree. What have the Rams done? Haven't you been watching? Rams , Vikings and Eagles are playing for home field advantage. Vikings go on the road to play the Rams just 4 days after a lame non conference Bills team. You don't see the difference between playing the Bills and the Rams? Fyi, Vikings rushed the ball 6 times vs Buffalo. Ever seen that before? Indication is not to be physical here. Dalvin Cook was a non-active, now he's active. You think this egregious score of 27-6 on both sides of the ball vs 1 of the bottom 5 teams is a coincidence? No, Vikings sent a message to the NFL that this what teams can do if the situation is right when having to play unnecessarily on Thursday.
Next question. Look ahead vs Philly? They have 10 days before they play Philly, not 4. Pretty simple to see if you ask me

Last edited:
Seems like a layup...

both DB's out for the Rams.
an angry Vikes team that will clearly bounce back and play out of their minds after a bad wk 3 showing.
and your going to give us 7.5 points!!?? Thats awfully generous...

I think things are worse than they seem for the Vikes.

Every game is important. In the NFL you can't be looking ahead at this point in the season.

Would forgive them if they stunk it up in Week 15 with a playoff spot all but locked up.

If anything you take the 'sure' win at home vs the lesser team, why risk an 0-2 run by 'looking ahead'.

That's reckless thinking if they actually did and they didn't just lose to the Bills, they got trucked.

There is shit going on here.

Have to agree. Every game counts in the NFL. It’s a week to week league. Good teams take care of business at home against lesser teams. They do not look ahead to next opponent. Minny is just not a good team right now, especially without Cook, but let’s not forget it has only been 3 games. They will improve, as will NO and NE.

Sometimes easy to keep it simple especially with NFL where the lines tend to be razor sharp.

This line was 4/4.5 on Sunday morning, and if anything what happened on Sunday has given Minny a motivational and injury edge. Took 7.5 when it hit that yesterday, keeping it simple and just grabbing value.

Cousins isn't very good. The Vikings should have lost Week 1 to the 49ers and lost badly to the Bills. Def should have lost to Packers. Could easily be 0-3.

The exodus of assistants matters.

Absolutely 0 running game.

Wade still the best in the game defensively and the backups at DB are seasoned vets.

I totally hear you but my argument isn’t based on football it’s based on valuation. You’re betting the Rams at the peak of the market and fading the Vikes at the bottom of their market.

You could also make the argument though that the markets still lag behind accurately lining these two teams.

I mean Rams @ home vs. Arizona was short 7 points.

Vikings lost by 50 or so after the spread vs. Buffalo.

At the end of the year we might be looking back saying this game should have been more.

I totally hear you but my argument isn’t based on football it’s based on valuation. You’re betting the Rams at the peak of the market and fading the Vikes at the bottom of their market.
Look at my earlier post. I said no way the Rams should be laying 7 vs Vikings. Listen, I'm being cautious with my team. I see weaknesses in our defense, however I've been making a bundle on Rams team total overs. They're scoring 30+ and I'm seeing lines at 27.5. Thursday nights are a little tough because of the limited rest but this offense NEVER pumps the breaks. It's full throttle all the time so I won't be taking the Vikings either. GL

You could also make the argument though that the markets still lag behind accurately lining these two teams.

I mean Rams @ home vs. Arizona was short 7 points.

Vikings lost by 50 or so after the spread vs. Buffalo.

At the end of the year we might be looking back saying this game should have been more.

If your argument is that the Rams are still undervalued you’re basically arguing that they’re going to be the rare team that dominates and wins 13+ games while also dominating against the spread. The only team in NFL history that has ever done that is the Brady / Bellichick Pats. It’s possible but highly highly unlikely.

I smashed the line last week at 4. 5 and 6 in parlays and teasers.
That being said. I have 18 different futures bets on LA. As far as a team not looking forward, look back at the way Patricia played the pats. Is NE actually that much shit? How is that possible? This season still shaking out. That being said minny has distractions and L.A. is the real deal. I think skinny backers should have played the over instead. They obviously think Viks Will score. LA offense will not be stopped. Rams took out a ad in the paper for Christ's sake.
Tease rams and over or lay the points

I think this spread looks a couple points high to everyone, but it is that way for a reason. Something tells me the Rams drop the hammer tonight. I think they are a much superior team and shouldn’t have trouble winning by double digits.

Sometimes easy to keep it simple especially with NFL where the lines tend to be razor sharp.

This line was 4/4.5 on Sunday morning, and if anything what happened on Sunday has given Minny a motivational and injury edge. Took 7.5 when it hit that yesterday, keeping it simple and just grabbing value.

I agree about the 'value'. I have this game lined at 4 and the early, early line was 3.

But sometimes you have to approach it differently and say the spread is 3 points too high for a reason.

Books are privy to all the info, Zimmer is awesome off a loss and the Rams have dropped their last 5 games vs Minny plus LA will be without both their star corners.

Yet the spread sits at 7 and even 7.5 at some shops with the +7 mostly at the very appealing plus money (+100 to +107).

I will trust a Wade P defense vs Cousin Kirk on a short week. 3rd straight home game for the Rams so a settled clubhouse.

So far if you trust the consensus info available Minny is getting more of the action and a glance across the street at 'Blankets' and there's a Minny majority.

Rams a team on the rise with a strong line and the basic rule of thumb is don't fade the home team on a Thursday night.

Also a chance for the Rams to show their swag on primetime by beating what the people assume to be a 'good' team given the argument that they haven't played a decent team yet.

Have to agree. Every game counts in the NFL. It’s a week to week league. Good teams take care of business at home against lesser teams. They do not look ahead to next opponent. Minny is just not a good team right now, especially without Cook, but let’s not forget it has only been 3 games. They will improve, as will NO and NE.

Not sure about NE...Brady starting to look his age out there. :shake:

Over the total for the game and both TT's. Thanks und. I was thinking of doing all three and when I saw your post I said, ok. All Three!

Look at my earlier post. I said no way the Rams should be laying 7 vs Vikings. Listen, I'm being cautious with my team. I see weaknesses in our defense, however I've been making a bundle on Rams team total overs. They're scoring 30+ and I'm seeing lines at 27.5. Thursday nights are a little tough because of the limited rest but this offense NEVER pumps the breaks. It's full throttle all the time so I won't be taking the Vikings either. GL
Great game and it played out pretty much the way I thought. Rams defense worries me a little. We seemed to only get pressure late in the game. Maybe fatigue was setting in for the Vikings. Cousins played well and pretty much did the same thing Matt Ryan did to us in the playoffs.
NFL needs more teams and QBs like the Rams and Vikings.

Back