Very early leans

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Seattle
Just remembering trends they react violently to being held to 1or 2 runs or losing by 10 or more and Arrieta has 1 good start in his last 5. Simply no way he should be a large favorite.
Hellickson is getting plus money on 4 days rest is simply insane.
I lean to Padres 10-6 on Saturday and I certainly lean Miami 16-7 vs lefties this year vs Garcia on 3 for the first time in his life.
Other leans I have but these come first

Cokin's free play today
Take: PADRES +120
At first glance, it probably seems easy to back the Reds here. Anthony DeSclafani still hasn’t lost a decision, and he’s had several good outings for Cincinnati. On the flip side, Christian Friedrich has not been effective for San Diego and he’s really not a guy who generates much confidence.
But all that is in the betting line, which as always is weighted heavily based on the starting pitchers. That’s where I think we garner some value here. The fact remains Cincinnati is an awful road team. They’re 17-33 away from home, and even with a good starting pitcher on the hill, I find it really tough to justify a team that inept on the road laying this much chalk.
It’s also worth noting that the Reds have not produced a whole lot of offense when facing southpaws on the road, so maybe we can get a handful of okay frames out of Friedrich tonight.
No matter how you slice it, this is the worst team in baseball in net runs (-137 for this season) spotting what I feel is an overly generous price on the road, and I’m comfortable with fading the Reds here. I’ll gulp with Friedrich and will back the Padres.

StatFox Super Situations

MLB | CINCINNATI at SAN DIEGO
Play On - All teams when the money line is +125 to -125 (SAN DIEGO) below average NL hitting team (AVG <=.255) against a team with a below avg bullpen (ERA >=4.50), starting a well rested pitcher who is working on 5 or 6 days rest
365-260 since 1997. ( 58.4% | 109.4 units )
14-8 this year. ( 63.6% | 6.0 units )

<tbody>
[TD="class: matchupCells Text"]MILEY is 3-1 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.89 and a WHIP of 1.038.[/TD]

[TD="class: matchupCells Text"]His team's record is 4-1 (+3.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-3. (-1.1 units)[/TD]

</tbody>

KAZMIR is 37-18 (+18.8 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday since 1997. (Team's Record)

I really hate to say this but it might be best to skip the Toronto game today. I believe Happ is on 5
[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]5 Days,GS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].500[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11.12[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]17.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]28[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]16[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The ref is also a problem

I really hate to say this but it might be best to skip the Toronto game today. I believe Happ is on 5
[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]5 Days,GS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].500[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11.12[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]17.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]28[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]16[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The ref is also a problem
I have a tough time backing gallardo but this stat seems intriguing. Both games from last year:
[TABLE="class: tablehead, width: 922"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: evenrow"]
[TD]vs. TOR[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]0.00[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]0[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]13.2[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]6[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]5[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]6[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"].136[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Just rechecked Hellickson. 4 days is not his best. I am seeing 4.37 although he is very good in the day

Bartolo is actually 3-1 on 3 but tend to expect those results were when he was younger

Lets look at DeSiafani away at night
First game folds at Atlanta going 2.2 giving up 4 runs 1 earned and the game is lost 8-9
game 2 wins at Texas when Colby explodes last game of season and wins going and giving up 2 runs
Game 3 Loses at Washington going 6 in a mid day game
game 4 and last wins at night in SF going 5 innings giving up 5 runs. Awesome
By the way playing Mets tonight

Rea today is playing on 4
This season 3.31 ERA based on 49 innings
Garcia with Welke.
Not sure. Covers shows him losing at home 6-3 to Cubs
Baseball reference says 1 inning no score

In the Cleveland game Tomlin is on 6 which is very good for him. Its not a good day for Cleveland but the Oakland pitcher seems hopeless the ump is major chalk and with Tomlin off a terrible loss I am wondering about 2.5 as they eat lefties.
This starter has a 8.40 ERA at night and faces an ump who has shook hands with every home favorite

Last edited:
No play here in Detroit. I mentioned to another poster that he should check the ump there. The ump is 5-14 for the home team and has been moderately bad for Verlander.

Here is a riddle. What do Miami and Houston have in common?
The answer is both teams are 3-1 this season after allowing 10 or more runs

This looks like a Mia Culpa. Its not over but I did take 1.5 with Seattle but no ML

Back