US Open Discussion Thread

u like hercog tom vs genie..... def like verdasco v raonic who knows if he will finish .... still having back issues

Cornet being ranked in the top 30 shows how weak the WTA currently is. Won the 1st set easy then proceeds to bow out in choker fashion.

Thing I like about fading Bouchtard from here is the line up of the draw. Bet on Hercog & she fails -> Cibulkova should be on deck for the 3R. The Canadian somehow gets by the pocket rocket then it should be Vinci (her best Slam record is at the USO, but her recent peformances elsewhere haven't been great, so her odds should be well playable). She makes the QF, then her run would end against any of Makarova/Svitolina/Mladenovic (esp. the first 2).

yeah, you just reminded me of that. will have to check what the odds were for that one. If Genie's won 3 straight to meet Vinci in the 4R, that effort should ameliorate any changes in the odds Vinci's easy win in that recent match might've had otherwise.

German's got a BP.

She keeps this up, I think I'm going to be interested in backing her to hold her serve once I've seen her action.

no women other then serena enjoys serving

I think you're being a bit hard on the others there. Muguruza & Kvitty (on grass) I've seen steamroll through a series of service games (Mugu has done it to Serena in more than one match). And of course when Lisicki is on, then she's as good as anyone (she's just rarely in such a space is all, lol). But for most it's just a way of starting a point, for sure.

All things being even, there's no excuse for Kvitty not to show something at the HC Slams when she can roll as she has done at Wimbledon.

head case... plus she has said more then once how she hates ny the hustle bustle and the heat which means australia not a fav of hers either

Back