unSUHspended

Discuss

Should he have been or not? Got to think this is 100% influenced by past actions

Past actions.

At first thought it was dirty, after watching more not so much.

It was the Golden Child though. No suspension if that was Kyle Orton, or Jay Cutler ;).

Huge loss. Don't think he will play another game in a Lions uniform. Cowboys O-line will dominate that d-line now with no Suh and Fairley

he should be on his final straw in the NFL. Another incident and he should be kicked out of the league. guy is a POS. can't wait for him to not be on the Lions anymore

On second look looks to me like Rodgers intentionally placed his foot underneath Suh.. Hope he wins his appeal

I hate Suh as much as the next guy but I actually think this was accidental. However with his past actions, hes lost the benefit of doubt

He was gone before yesterday but this makes it much easier to part ways. Resign Fairley and hope he doesn't balloon into Shaun Rogers.

I don't think the play warranted a suspension, no matter the history. Lions are being scrutinized.

The first step was probably accidental but there is no way the second step was an accident. His first human reaction to stepping on someone should have been to react and look down to see who he was stepping on. Instead his reaction was to step back again with the other foot and even put all his weight on that leg while pushing off. Never once did he even turn around to see who he was stepping on. Why? Because he knew who he was stepping on and he knew what he was doing. Seems pretty simple to me. The guy is a piece of shit and has hurt the Lions over his years there more than he has helped. I can remember more of his dirty plays off the top of my head than I can remember his good plays and I've watched a ton of Lions football over the past five years or so.

Players intentionally step on each other and punch bad ribs and poke eyes and pull hair and twist limbs in the pile … it happens on every goddamn play.

Players intentionally step on each other and punch bad ribs and poke eyes and pull hair and twist limbs in the pile … it happens on every goddamn play.

So when it's blatantly done to a QB you expect the league to turn a blind eye? You can't even blow too hard on a QBs pads as you run by them under the rules nowadays.

So when it's blatantly done to a QB you expect the league to turn a blind eye? You can't even blow too hard on a QBs pads as you run by them under the rules nowadays.

Little backwards step with some mustard on the QB's calf isn't exactly Turkey Jones picking up Bradshaw and planting him on his head. Soccer players are probably laughing at these penalties.

Little backwards step with some mustard on the QB's calf isn't exactly Turkey Jones picking up Bradshaw and planting him on his head. Soccer players are probably laughing at these penalties.

You aren't even bothering to argue that it wasn't intentional? Just going with a so what it used to be way worse in my day argument?

The game's good theatre, and theatre needs villains. Penalize 'em, fine 'em, don't take 'em out of a playoff game for stepping on Awod's poowr widdle weggie.

The game's good theatre, and theatre needs villains. Penalize 'em, fine 'em, don't take 'em out of a playoff game for stepping on Awod's poowr widdle weggie.

and in turn tell him and every other dirty player that they'll only lose a minute portion of their multi million dollar pay checks because of their actions? What happens if the guy breaks Rodgers leg there?

Rodgers needs to eat more spinach if THAT breaks his leg. He came back in the game for crissakes, are we suspending Suh for worst case scenario?

cds is worried that unchecked dirty play will run rampant and ruin the game, which has arguably already been ruined because you can't touch a skill player and you have about 50 square inches of a moving target to make a legal tackle.

I don't think this incident should have gotten a suspension but with Suh's track history, I'm glad it did. The guy is dirty. Maybe not as much on this play but you can't get any dirtier then him.

I'm perfectly fine with a so called dirty player. I was a big fan of Hines Ward who was called dirty his whole career. He never took it too far. I was even somewhat OK with Romanowski aside from a couple situations where he obviously let his temper get too far out of control. What Suh is doing is beyond dirty. He is intentionally trying to injure players left and right. He is a piece of shit and yes players like him tarnish the whole sport if they are allowed to continue.

The first step was probably accidental but there is no way the second step was an accident. His first human reaction to stepping on someone should have been to react and look down to see who he was stepping on. Instead his reaction was to step back again with the other foot and even put all his weight on that leg while pushing off. Never once did he even turn around to see who he was stepping on. Why? Because he knew who he was stepping on and he knew what he was doing. Seems pretty simple to me. The guy is a piece of shit and has hurt the Lions over his years there more than he has helped. I can remember more of his dirty plays off the top of my head than I can remember his good plays and I've watched a ton of Lions football over the past five years or so.

exactly this

Think I said this somewhere on CTG last night, but first step I'm okay with, 2nd step looks purposeful/could make excuses for though, raising up his initial stepping foot and putting all his weight on 2nd step was too far. He's already suspended for the rest of the year so we'll see where he ends up next year. Somewhere with Rex Ryan or Oakland is my guess.

FREEP editors browse CTG

B6E2U9AIUAAVdI4.jpg

Instead of the one-game ban, Suh has been fined $70,000, the NFL announced Tuesday

he was going backwards...and thats why he stepped on him the 2nd time after stepping on him the first. probably rubbed it in a little. But to go forward, have to plant foot and push off or else you fall.

You aren't even bothering to argue that it wasn't intentional? Just going with a so what it used to be way worse in my day argument?

Did you honestly expect any different reply from tip? I didn't. The guy would allow a known terrorist shelter in his own home if given the opportunity. No hyperbole whatsoever.

Did you honestly expect any different reply from tip? I didn't. The guy would allow a known terrorist shelter in his own home if given the opportunity. No hyperbole whatsoever.

Figured someone had to turn it political, but tip ended up being correct. What does this have to do with terrorism again?

Back