UFC Fight Night 17: Joe Lauzon vs. Jeremy Stephens - Saturday, February 7th

Danzig much more technically sound.. But thing about Neer--he never gives up.. And he can submit, as we almost saw, very qkly

Josh Neer def. Mac Danzig via submission (triangle choke) -- Round 2, 3:36.

nailed anthony johnson, the african americans are gonna take over this sport- they are faster and just better than any other fighter--

hit these guys now as lines are reasonable, JON JONES is another great fighter also

jon jones and anothony johnson are 2 of the most athletic fighters going--

they are so damd good these guys, they are 21 and 24 and really athletic, just an athlete mismatch vs many guys they fight--

they have GSP athleticism

Boxing ready to go off now.. We got a live +350 dog going IMO

Arce:smiley_acbe:

Cain Velasquez def. Denis Stojnic via TKO (strikes) -- Round 2, 2:34.

ok so i took Lauzon ($154/75) ....

i need this after the Danzig loss..

if Arce is better conditioned, and I think he is, perhaps a chance late.... but he is getting banged real hard now... Thing about these featherweights, they can't knockout the ringgirls even if they hit them flush..

yes lauzons won now need those Yag pistons to win, what the fuck their D sucks now, they cant make a stop at all vs any teams in 4th qtrs--

sessions is scoring on them at will

Joe Lauzon def. Jeremy Stephens via submission (armbar) -- Round 2, 4:43.

Tee as mogo said the favorites win on these events more than any sports i have seen--

they are hyping them up and upsets are very rare--

a -200 should be more like -800

it is the best favorites you will ever find bro in the FIGHT NIGHT shows

Neer, Danzig, Velasquez and Lauzon each earn $30K UFN 17 bonuses

TAMPA, Fla. - Josh Neer, Mac Danzig, Cain Velasquez and Joe Lauzon each earned $30,000 "fight night" bonuses for their performances at "UFC Fight Night 17: Lauzon vs. Franca."

UFC Fight Night 17 took place Saturday at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Fla., and aired live on Spike TV. The bonus amounts matched the $30,000 bonuses that were given out at the most recent UFC Fight Night event in December 2008.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the amounts and winners following the event.

Lightweights Neer and Danzig went toe-to-toe from the opening bell in their main-card bout, and the effort was strong enough to earn the pair the evening's "Fight of the Night" honors. Battling through adversity in the first round, Neer earned a submission victory in the second frame -- and edged out the rousing battle between preliminary card competitors Matt Veach and Matt Grice for the award.

Velasquez would have been a safe bet for the evening's "Knockout of the Night" before the card began, imagining that Denis Stojnic would take every punch, knee and elbow that was thrown his way. The knockout, scored in the technical variety, came as a result of an accumulation of blows rather than a single strike. While the end was hardly definitive, it also was not very debatable. Velasquez said the effort was disappointing, but the extra income will certainly help ease his pain.

Main-event competitor Lauzon referred to his opponent Jeremy Stephens as an "easier opponent" than Hermes Franca, but the actions of the bout suggested "Lil' Heather" was anything but a free pass. Stephens brought all that Lauzon could handle for the better part of two rounds, but "J-Lau" remained calm underneath the onslaught to secure a fight-ending arm bar. The win will certainly add fuel to the fire of the budding Lauzon-Franca rivalry, and the tap earned "J-Lau" the evening's "Submission of the Night" award.

jon jones and anothony johnson are 2 of the most athletic fighters going--

they are so damd good these guys, they are 21 and 24 and really athletic, just an athlete mismatch vs many guys they fight--

they have GSP athleticism
kevin randleman was one of the most athletic /explosive people I've ever seen. And he never amounted to anything. Granted he had some nice upset victories. It's more than athleticism

kevin randleman was one of the most athletic /explosive people I've ever seen. And he never amounted to anything. Granted he had some nice upset victories. It's more than athleticism

He did beat CRO COP--

He also picked up FEDOR OVER HIS head and slammed him head first on the ground on FEDORS neck, anyone else would have lost there, FEDOR got pissed and submitted him a minute later--

Unreal move no one can even do that to FEDOR, that right there showed me FEDOR does not feel pain, anyone would have broke thier neck--

he lost but he did slam fedor to the ground hard on his head:smiley_acbe:

Back