UFC 97: Redemption (Silva v. Leites; Iceman v. Shogun) - Sat. April 18th

Denis Kang def. Xavier Foupa-Pokam via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

:cheers: wooohooo!!!!

What are they gonna do with Wiman v Stout

I'm watching the PPV and its started and no one is fighting in the ring.

Is the fight just postponed?

UFC 97 PLAY-BY-PLAY:
(The Matt Wiman vs. Sam Stout preliminary bout did not take place on the preliminary fight card as planned due to lack of time. They will try to work it into the pay-per-view portion at some point, but could also end up with the fight taking place after the main event

Cantwell with some good shots..... had a chance there.....

he needs to keep the pressure on!!!

ok i think we all really need shogun to take out chuck....

is it time for the end of the iceman?

My boy Shogun wins, and Quarry for 2-0 so far---

Jason Macdonald should not be in UFC, he is garbage, bigtime, they put bad canadians in there--

i was very sure on shigun, mma is chaing, shogun should have been the favorite and he will be hard to beat in the 205 dvisioosn.

they held off on the wiman fight b/c they knew chuck/shogun was going to a be a first rd ko!! hahaah!!

2ds4f4p.jpg

My boy Shogun wins, and Quarry for 2-0 so far---

Jason Macdonald should not be in UFC, he is garbage, bigtime, they put bad canadians in there--

i was very sure on shigun, mma is chaing, shogun should have been the favorite and he will be hard to beat in the 205 dvisioosn.

whoa, tap the breaks sammy. shogun just beat a shot fighter. not saying he wasn't good, im glad to see him back in business. but...chuck is not much of an oppenent these days. i see cane vs shogun coming next, lets see how he fares against a quality fighter.

looks like somebody got some hometown love.... :angry:

:moose: :moose: :moose: :moose:

Anderson Silva def. Thales Leites via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 50-46).

The scoring should have been 50-0 in favour for Silva

Leites only move was lying on his back, a bunch of times Silva was disgusted with him and just walked away until he got up

I am not impressed with Silva anymore, I think GSP can beat his ass--

His striking is sloppy and he looks skinnny-

one of the most disappointing main events of all time.

very little action, extremely slow-paced and a predictable decision that everybody and their grandfathers saw coming.

lots of news coming from this event though....

some Dana White comments:

- Chuck Liddell is retired

- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua proved he's back in UFC 97 win

-
White apologizes for Silva, still believes "The Spider" is world's best

lots of grumbling about silva's performance, but whatever he defended his title and proved how tough a fighter he is... just cuz you don't Ko the guy doesnt mean you still didn't dominate him for 25 minutes stright... :shake:

Chuck had a great career... he's truely one of the pioneers of the sport and entertained with great fights for many, many years...

going to miss the iceman in the ring, but i'm sure we'll see him in other things around the sport and the entertainment industry... :tiphat:

I don't think you can blame Silva for that fight.

Leites didn't want to stand up with him and he couldn't take him down.

So a bunch of times after Leites failed to take him down he would lie on his back and hope Silva would come at him. It must have been at least 25 times.

Back