UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar - Saturday, Nov. 15

Round 1 - Slow, a few knees. Randy basically pushed him against the ring and leaned on him.

Round 2 - Same, but they got seperation and Brock caught Randy on the left temple with a huge punch and he went down. Hammer fists on the ground and Brock completely overwhelmed Randy there.

Brock is just too powerful once he gets someone on the ground who isn't looking for a submission like Randy.

Brock's size on the ground and his athleticism overwhelmed Randy. I think Brock will do well against punchers, wrestlers, etc. But if he's up against skilled submissionists he'll struggle.

All I gotta say is it I cant wait till my boy FEDOR comes and teaches the cocky BROCK a lesson about class and respect--

Brock go ahead stand with Fedor he will meet a man much faster and aggressive and just with more explosive power---

Brock go to the ground and you will be leaving with one arm after you are submitted-

Brock I am not impressed by your performance, the real Champ Fedor will come to town and take care of Brock rather easily-- Fedor is just way too skilled with stand up and Brock wont know what hit him when Fedor turns into attack mode--

This match will happen, it will be huge, and I cant wait for Fedor to knock Brock out silly.

Seriously I am glad Couture lost tonight, so we dont have to waste our time seeing Fedor kick Randy's ass--
Randy got knocked out silly by LIddell, he looked like a kid in there vs Lesnar with chicken legs--

Brock has to beat top competition, BIG NOG, MIR, Barnett, Arlovski--

he lost to MIR, beat the shit Horse who sucks, and a washed up Couture-

Fedor can give up the 30 to 40 pounds and still throw Brock around the ring like a rag doll-- He can also push the pace and hammer Brock in the stand up game- fedor has handled many fighters way bigger than him Mark Hunt and company--

This is the fight that has to happen, too bad not this new years eve, would be great to see fedor come to town and kick the shit out of lesnar-
brock also better shut his mouth, you dont want to make fedor mad, he will go nuts on brock.

Brock has overpowered fighters, there is no overpowering Fedor, he will make quick work of him and this fight will be the next big one as Lesnar will shoot off his mouth that he can beat FEDOR--
Please Dana sign him and make this fight happen please---

Ummm, Not sure why you think Brock is cocky and lacks respect. I was at the U of MN with while he was there and Brock is actually one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Now, I don't think he's the top MMA guy out there, but people were in love with Kimbo and hate Brock. Brock is 10x's the fighter Kimbo was. Brock gets a bad rap because he was a WWF guy, but he's also probably one of the Top 3 overall athletes in the UFC or any other organization.

There's a lot of guys with strong wrestling backgrounds like Brock's, but athletically he's a freak to be that big and that fast. I agree he probably has no shot against Nog or Fedor, but as long as he can stay on his feet or have the ability to ground and pound someone, he's going to have a chance.

dude. I'm a huge Brock fan and brock is cocky.:shake:

Did you see him when he rode Herring like a bull?

It's funny and I'm sure he's a nice guy but he is cocky

Well I do respect Brock, I'm in hurry to say he's one if the best MMA fighter. Clearly, Randy's age showed as he seemed a lot smaller than when he fought Sylvia. Brock is still "raw" with his skills as in the MMA aspect. I will give him for his size that he an athletic beast.

Brock's size on the ground and his athleticism overwhelmed Randy. I think Brock will do well against punchers, wrestlers, etc. But if he's up against skilled submissionists he'll struggle.

He got caught that one time... jumping away and lost in almost a freakish manner.

I don't know if he can't just turn his arm against an arm bar attempt, if he can't just lift a guy's arm off his throat.. etc.

Only chance to submit him is to catch him.. like he got caught vs. Mir. If his own momentum pulls him into the move... via a slip or something. No one will impose their moves on this guy. Ever.

I' am beginning to think that its not as much of a foregone conclusion that big Nog beats Lesnar. If anyone besides Fedor can it would be Nog. He has long arms and legs which will help. But he hasn't been super impressive thus far in the UFC. I will probably stay far away from that fight. Any speculations on a line?

He got caught that one time... jumping away and lost in almost a freakish manner.

I don't know if he can't just turn his arm against an arm bar attempt, if he can't just lift a guy's arm off his throat.. etc.

Only chance to submit him is to catch him.. like he got caught vs. Mir. If his own momentum pulls him into the move... via a slip or something. No one will impose their moves on this guy. Ever.

I tend to agree, it's almost like Brock has to slip up to lose. He said it himself, he needed to stay patient and that's what he did.

I' am beginning to think that its not as much of a foregone conclusion that big Nog beats Lesnar. If anyone besides Fedor can it would be Nog. He has long arms and legs which will help. But he hasn't been super impressive thus far in the UFC. I will probably stay far away from that fight. Any speculations on a line?

I've never been a huge Mir fan, but I'd think he'd be at least a 2-to-1 underdog in december against Nog. Against Brock in a rematch? Not sure how the public would react now that Brock has the belt in a revenge match.

Brock -120
Nog EV

Brock -110
Mir -110

hehehe, I'm going out on a limb.

Fedor can submit Brock, although Brock does seem fast and pretty quick---

Brock will gas and tire, and Fedor will get pissed, being about 230 pounds he has the strenght believe it or not to throw Brock around like a rag doll-

Samba is a very good martial arts, he has the judo throws and the raw power- Fedor has thrown guys over 400 pounds around. he took down mark Hunt and he is around Brocks size--

Fedor has not fought anyone as athletic and BIG as Brock for sure though. But Brock has never fought someone like Fedor. Fedor is a standup bully, and he does well vs taller guys, Brock is good while he is able to overpower guys which so far he has been able to. I dont think he can overpower Fedor, I think if they meet in the clinch that Brock will go flying and Fedor will end up on top and either submit him or pound away--

Big NOG should beat BRock with skill- Get Brock into round 3 and he will tire.

Why does everyone say Brock will get gassed? There's no proof of that. I know its not the same but he wrestled in a 60 minute "iron man match" He has great conditioning

Fedor has not fought anyone as athletic and BIG as Brock for sure though.

Tim Sylvia is same weight as Lesnar (give/take 5lbs) and is 6" taller. We all know what happened when Sylvia stepped into the ring with Fedor, but I figured I'd bring this up.

I think Lesnar is the superior fighter over Sylvia, and I agree that Fedor would defeat Lesnar.

And it's Sambo not Samba... one is a Brazilian Carnival dance and one is Fedor's specialty ;)

UFC 91 salaries: Brock Lesnar ($450k), Randy Couture ($250k) top earners

Headliners Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture were, as expected, the top-paid competitors from the Nov. 15 UFC 91 fight card, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

MMAjunkie.com today requested and received the official disclosed fight purses from the NSAC.

The total payroll for the event, which took place in front of 14,272 spectators at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, was a hefty $1,118,000. Nearly two-thirds of it, 63 percent, was paid to Lesnar and Couture.

Lesnar, who defeated Couture for the UFC heavyweight championship, took home $450,000, of which $200,000 was a win bonus. Couture earned $250,000 and would have received an additional $250,000 had he won. (Both fighters are also likely to earn a portion of the event's pay-per-view revenue, though the figures aren't disclosed to the NSAC).

The full paydays from UFC 91 included:

Brock Lesnar: $450,000 (includes $200,000 win bonus) def. Randy Couture: $250,000

Kenny Florian: $80,000 ($40,000 win bonus) def. Joe Stevenson: $35,000

Dustin Hazelett: $28,000 ($14,000 win bonus) def. Tamdan McCrory: $10,000

Gabriel Gonzaga: $110,000 ($55,000 win bonus) def. Josh Hendricks: $8,000

Demian Maia: $40,000 ($20,000 win bonus) def. Nate Quarry: $25,000

Aaron Riley: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Jorge Gurgel: $10,000

Jeremy Stephens: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Rafael dos Anjos: $4,000

Mark Bocek: $18,000 ($9,000 win bonus) def. Alvin Robinson: $7,000

Matt Brown $16,000 ($8,00O win bonus) def. Ryan Thomas: $3,000

As always, the figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter's income. They also do not include any other "locker-room" or special bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays.

In other words, these are simply base salaries reported to the commission and do not reflect entire compensation packages for the event.

They also do not include UFC "fight night" awards issued after each event. For UFC 91, those awards amounted to $60,000 each. Jeremy Stephens earned the Knockout of the Night bonus, Hazelett picked up the Submission of the Night award, and a lightweight bout between Aaron Riley and Jorge Gurgel netted each competitor a Fight of the Night bonus.

I've never been a huge Mir fan, but I'd think he'd be at least a 2-to-1 underdog in december against Nog. Against Brock in a rematch? Not sure how the public would react now that Brock has the belt in a revenge match.

Brock -120
Nog EV

Brock -110
Mir -110

hehehe, I'm going out on a limb.
<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>12/27/2008 10:00 PM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>1233</TD><TD width=300>Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira </TD><TD width=65>-380 </TD><TD width=200></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>1234</TD><TD width=300>Frank Mir </TD><TD width=65>+300 </TD><TD width=200></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jump, I was shocked to see Nog that highly favored. I expected Nog to beat Mir, but I did not expect that line. Likely a no bet for me at that price.

Mir is a LIVE dog I would think-- he has recovered from the injury and is also good on the ground---

Big Nog can be beaten, how is he -380-- dont think he should be more than -150

Its funny when GSP, Penn guys like that are routinely -220 while BIG NOG is that high?

I can see it from anderson silva but Big Nog, the guy is not that good, he is good on the ground, barely beat SYLVIA who was beating him good until the submission--

Think that Mir may be the bet of the century-- I see him winning this fight easily--

After all he beat lesnar who everyone loves, MIR is good, before his injury he was on his way to being the best--

Think that Mir may be the bet of the century-- I see him winning this fight easily--

After all he beat lesnar who everyone loves, MIR is good, before his injury he was on his way to being the best--

Mir may win this fight but it will not be easy. I think Nog wins but I'm not laying 3-to-1 on a fight I give Nog the slight edge in. After further research, I might take Mir simply for the value presented (similar to what I did with Griffin vs Rampage).

I think most people dislike Lesnar. It seems like I hear the constant banter of "inexperience" and "luck" from the peanut gallery every time I read an article. Lesnar was raw versus Mir, I liked Mir in that fight, and I might still like Mir if he would get a rematch against Lesnar. Mir is a great big guy on the ground, no doubt. When I see a raw wrestler versus a skilled BJJ practicioner, I immediately have a lean to the BJJ fighter. I've been in that situation too many times myself and seen the situation too often to not take advantage of the edge.

whoa guys! big nog is head and shoulders above mir. -380 is a little high, but he is a legit 3-1 favorite in this fight. nog opened at -325 and has drifted up. usually early mma money is bet by knowledgable bettors.

i like frank mir and respect his bjj, but we're going to see two guys on completely different levels. if you want to argue that nog's getting old, and his skills are diminishing i'd listen.

whoa guys! big nog is head and shoulders above mir. -380 is a little high, but he is a legit 3-1 favorite in this fight. nog opened at -325 and has drifted up. usually early mma money is bet by knowledgable bettors.

i like frank mir and respect his bjj, but we're going to see two guys on completely different levels. if you want to argue that nog's getting old, and his skills are diminishing i'd listen.

:shake:

Another thing that has not been mentioned is Nog's advantage over Mir in stand up. I think this serves as Nog's main advantage since both fight the same style when the fight goes to the ground.

Back