UFC 90: MW Champ Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote - Saturday, Oct. 25

cote blows his knew or acl out - something freaky and bad ...

silva wins by ref stoppage in 3rd rd. .....

unbelievable Cote had the fight just where he wanted it, needed one opening and he could win the fight--

He proved he could bang with spider as he has the CHIN to take the kicks and the punches to the face-- He is very strong--

Too bad I think the rest of the fight was going to be very good finish-- Silva looked frustrated and ripe for the picking-

:36_11_6: :36_11_6: :36_11_6:

sammy .... it was silva 2-0 going into round 3... cote never looked like he was able to put any pressure on silva... how is that where cote wanted him??

cote didn't even touch silva with a punch or a kick or anything.... he "hung" with him if you want to believe that but it looked more like silva was waiting for the perfect chance to end the fight...

cote was never winning and never looked like he had silva frusrated at all...

unbelievable cote had the fight just where he wanted it, needed one opening and he could win the fight--

he proved he could bang with spider as he has the chin to take the kicks and the punches to the face-- he is very strong--

too bad i think the rest of the fight was going to be very good finish-- silva looked frustrated and ripe for the picking-
:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

responding to you it pointless ....

its like you don't even watch the same thing everybody else watches....

believe whatever you want to think. peace. :shake:

unbelievable Cote had the fight just where he wanted it, needed one opening and he could win the fight--

He proved he could bang with spider as he has the CHIN to take the kicks and the punches to the face-- He is very strong--

Too bad I think the rest of the fight was going to be very good finish-- Silva looked frustrated and ripe for the picking-

sammy your really smart, you say this kind of stuff and just sit back and watch everybody's heads xplode.

i loved how Cote had him "so frustrated" that the Spider was dancing the entire fight. OR when Spider bowed to Cote at the end of the 1st lmao. Maybe it was the time when Spider offered to help Cote up?

Spider was definitely frustrated. He was frustrated he was fighting such an inferior opponent.

Fact is the only guy in the world, regardless of weight class that is even touching Silva right now is Fedor.

sammy your really smart, you say this kind of stuff and just sit back and watch everybody's heads xplode.

i loved how Cote had him "so frustrated" that the Spider was dancing the entire fight. OR when Spider bowed to Cote at the end of the 1st lmao. Maybe it was the time when Spider offered to help Cote up?

Spider was definitely frustrated. He was frustrated he was fighting such an inferior opponent.

Fact is the only guy in the world, regardless of weight class that is even touching Silva right now is Fedor.
That's a pretty rediculous statement in itself.

Silva would get a good beating by Big NOG and MIR---

Fedor would handle him, Quinton probably, maybe SHOGUN- WANDY Silva

even the once great Charles Liddell may have a shot vs him----

Silva is a great fighter but he walks around at 230 pounds I heard, so I mean he is way bigger than anyone from 185

Plus also he is 6 foot 2, he should not be fighting at 185, his height and frame and weight that he walks around at is for 205---

I think one of the biggest differences in weight class is 205 to 185 considering Silva walks around 45 pounds heavier than his weigh in weight--

Silva would get a good beating by Big NOG and MIR---

Fedor would handle him, Quinton probably, maybe SHOGUN- WANDY Silva

even the once great Charles Liddell may have a shot vs him----

Silva is a great fighter but he walks around at 230 pounds I heard, so I mean he is way bigger than anyone from 185

Plus also he is 6 foot 2, he should not be fighting at 185, his height and frame and weight that he walks around at is for 205---

I think one of the biggest differences in weight class is 205 to 185 considering Silva walks around 45 pounds heavier than his weigh in weight--
Sammy, no one cuts 45 lbs for a fight. His natural weight is around 205 so its reasonable that he cuts to make 185. Its not his fault that he is physically more gifted than everyone in his weight class.

Ur boy GSP walks around closer to 200 and cuts to make 170. Why do u not have a problem with him taking advantage of the lesser gifted 170 lbers?

:popcorn:

Sammy, no one cuts 45 lbs for a fight. His natural weight is around 205 so its reasonable that he cuts to make 185. Its not his fault that he is physically more gifted than everyone in his weight class.

Ur boy GSP walks around closer to 200 and cuts to make 170. Why do u not have a problem with him taking advantage of the lesser gifted 170 lbers?

:popcorn:

GSP walks arond 185 lbs, I met him at Tim Hortons coffeee shop in the summer about 1 month before the Fitch fight, max 187 lbs---

Silva does walk around 230 lbs, the guys in the thread can attest to that, he is walking around that heavy

GSP walks arond 185 lbs, I met him at Tim Hortons coffeee shop in the summer about 1 month before the Fitch fight, max 187 lbs---

Silva does walk around 230 lbs, the guys in the thread can attest to that, he is walking around that heavy
i would ignore ur posts but ur too funny

er
fwiw, before Silva's LHW fight i remember either Dana or Rogan talking about him walking around at 215. They said he'd have to still cut some to make it to 205. Isn't Silva like 6'2 or something, i'd imagine the 215 # is about right for walking around.

Some fighters are really good at cutting weight and still keep the intensity up come fight time...Franklin, Silva, Ortiz, Griffin to name a few. I think Silva walks around @ 215, if I'm not mistaken (he said it in an interview leading up to the Sandman fight).

Cutting 40-50 lbs. is insane and I dont know many fighters that do that. That is unhealthy and dangerous to begin with.

really? i'd love to hear some names.
he would get beat up by fedor and Big nog. He would have obvious trouble being able to handle the strength and size of big guys such as lesnar, sylvia and coutorre. He'd even have his hands full with the top guys at 205. Rampage, forrest, Wandy. He destroyed 1 bottom of the barrel 205 guy. Lets let him fight a decent heavier fighter before we proclaim him open weight champ.:shake:

You guys will learn to believe when I write something that i know--
Here is a quote directly from an article ----

That’s exactly what we wanted to do. We wanted Anderson basically to be lost in the Octagon and that’s what happened. It’s easy to say it wasn’t the real Anderson Silva. That’s what Dana (UFC president Dana White) said. But if you ask Anderson Silva himself, he’s like ‘Man, this guy was giving me headaches.”’

Silva offered no excuses at the post-fight news conference, other to say that jumping from 230 pounds to 205 (light-heavyweight) to 185 (middleweight) took a toll.

The Cote camp remains confident the Canadian can beat Silva.

I guess he was 230 pounds and does walk around that heavy.

Sammy, could it be possible that Silva bulked up to 230 to cut to 205 and then 185? It never says he went from 230 to 185 or that he walks around that heavy. Do u actually believe he cuts 45 lbs for every/any fight?

Kush-- He does he trains and wrestles with Nog, and is very heavy boned, he looks like he is very skinny even at when he enters the ring at about 195 to 200 lbs-

He does walk around heavier at 230 when he trains with his team, I dont know how he cuts that much weight, but look at the guy he is a magician--

He is way too heavy for that division, in fact he could fight at Heavyweight if he came in at his 230 pound weight that he walks around- I have seen pictures, he is fat, actually he is coming to my town to a supplements store so I will go see him and talk to him, maybe not he is very hard to understand as his english is horrible.

Kush-- He does he trains and wrestles with Nog, and is very heavy boned, he looks like he is very skinny even at when he enters the ring at about 195 to 200 lbs-

He does walk around heavier at 230 when he trains with his team, I dont know how he cuts that much weight, but look at the guy he is a magician--

He is way too heavy for that division, in fact he could fight at Heavyweight if he came in at his 230 pound weight that he walks around- I have seen pictures, he is fat, actually he is coming to my town to a supplements store so I will go see him and talk to him, maybe not he is very hard to understand as his english is horrible.

Either way this guy has the ability to walk around 45 pounds heavier than a weight he weighs in at. Did you notice when he fought at 205 he looked pretty much the same, I dont think he was that much lighter- Fighters can do this easily for 15 pounds, but some can do 30 or more pounds if they cut over a weeks time, so they are not tired. This way its like fighting a big brother or a drunk father, they just outweight and outmuscle you.

he looked a lot thicker at 205. In his UFC all-access show he says he starts cutting weight the week before the fight. Just cant accept the fact he cuts 45 lbs, much less in 5-7 days, unless he says it out of his mouth.

Damm....from 230 to 205 to 185. That is crazy and it surely will take a toll on your body.

Sammy, your right that he might be to heavy for that division when he can very well compete in LH...dont know about HW though. Look at Alves....he walks around 195-205 and drops down to WW. When he fought Matt Hughes, he didn't make weight.

It's amazing that these fighters cuts so much from their natural weight come fight time and still be in conditioned for the most part.

Anderson is coming to my town for 2 days to Popeyes Supplement store to do some promotions for some supplement company- I am thinking of seeing him there--

THe man is a machine though, did anyone see him on the TUF show with Nogeria and that fight between JUNY and Delgado--

Anderson was yelling, Knee knee knee knee and Nogueria also Yes Delgado, yes Delgado, those guys sounded hilarious, good guys though, trained by ANderson the machine, he is like the character DHALSIM in street fighter,

Back