UFC: 178 Cariaso/Johnson

STEED

CTG Partner
Staff member
MMA - UFC 178 :JOHNSON VS CARIASO (TV PPV/FOX/UFC)
@ MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA - LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

Sep 27 24201 CHRIS CARIASO +800 o4½-120
11:50 PM 24202 DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON -1350 u4½-110

Sep 27 24205 DONALD CERRONE -115 o2½-115
11:20 PM 24206 EDDIE ALVAREZ -115 u2½-115

Sep 27 24209 DUSTIN POIRIER +220 o1½-165
10:50 PM 24210 CONOR MCGREGOR -270 u1½+135

Sep 27 24213 TIM KENNEDY +115 o2½-160
10:25 PM 24214 YOEL ROMERO -145 u2½+130

Sep 27 24217 AMANDA NUNES +215 o2½-150
10:05 PM 24218 CAT ZINGANO -265 u2½+120

Sep 27 24221 TAKEYA MIZUGAKI +310 o2½-245
9:25 PM 24222 DOMINICK CRUZ -410 u2½+200

Sep 27 24225 JAMES KRAUSE +295 o2½-200
8:50 PM 24226 JORGE MASVIDAL -370 u2½+160

Sep 27 24229 PATRICK COTE +275 o2½-135
8:25 PM 24230 STEPHEN THOMPSON -350 u2½+105

Sep 27 24233 BRIAN EBERSOLE +180 o2½-240
8:05 PM 24234 JOHN HOWARD -225 u2½+195

Sep 27 24237 JON TUCK +170 o2½-200
7:25 PM 24238 KEVIN LEE -210 u2½+160

Sep 27 24241 CODY GIBSON -200 o2½-215
7:00 PM 24242 MANNY GAMBURYAN +160 u2½+175

The lightweight scrap between Donald Cerrone and Eddie Alvarez at UFC 178 has real 'Peoples' main event' potential, but it's all the same to 'Cowboy.'
"Anybody, doesn't matter to me," Cerrone told Sherdog.com. "They're all the same. For the fans, sure. He's hyped up. Get everyone tuned in, excited, but for me, a fight's a fight. I don't give a s**t."

Admitting he's a bit of a 'kindred spirit' with Alvarez given their pasts developing outside the UFC, Cerrone won't make it any easier for the former Bellator champion.
"Everyone was saying us WEC guys were going to get smashed," said Cerrone. "I never really gave him much thought. He's coming from Bellator, s**t, wish him luck. Too bad he's got to go in with me. It's a tough fight, first fight. 'Welcome to the UFC. Here's Cowboy.'
"It's going to be a scrap. Dude throws down. That's all I know about him. Haven't really seen him fight, ever. That's what people tell me. S**t, I'm ready. Never seen Eddie fight, ever. Never, never, never. I've seen a picture of him before. That's it. I don't watch fights. People don't understand. They're like, 'You don't know anything about your opponent?' 'No, I know nothing about him.'
If he manages to notch his fourth win of 2014 with a victory over Alvarez, Cerrone could be next to challenge the winner of the title bout between lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendez Dec. 6 at UFC 181. Sticking to his plan to fight six times in the calendar year, Cerrone says he'd rather stay busy than wait for his title shot.
"It's what's going to happen," said Cerrone. "My teammates, my coaches, my management, they all think we should wait and take the title fight. But, you already know, people who know me, I'm gonna say, 'Let's roll. Let's keep it going.'
"They don't fight until December, right? They won't be ready to fight probably until February again. That's a long wait for me. I'll just take fights. I don't care about my position in the top 10, top five of if I'm No. 1. I'll fight anybody. I just want to fight. Make money. I won't sit and wait

I could easily see Alvarez winning, but I would make Cerrone -150. Alvarez has a tendency to get hit and Cerrone is very quick on putting someone out when they get stunned.

Im leaning Porier at those odds. He came out as a favorite and I don't buy Connor 100% (he is good though). Porier is a very good fighter.

Romero should be a bigger fave....hes gonna manhandle Kennedy

I like Kevin Lee to win easily.

I would not put my money on Cruz or Zigano off long layoffs with injuries.

Really tempting to just go ahead and bite on this +245 BOL is hanging on Porier right now but I'll wait and see what happens when 5dimes opens reduced tomorrow.

Agree with Dollaz on Cerrone being a slight favorite but man is that an impossible fight to bet. Just gonna sit back and watch what will probably be an unreal slug fest.

Romero line seems super fishy to me. Books definitely factoring his ability to completely brain fart in fights into this line. I'll probably end up playing Romero anyway.

Porier probably has to completely dominate to win a decision, but has McGregor ever faced someone that is going to attack him like Dustin and turn it into an ugly fight? Really haven't seen him face a grappler and I'm willing to bet on the grappler at these odds.

There is no spot that Tim Kennedy has advantage over Romero and he won't be able to wrestle fuck Romero. But, Romero is dumb and could get caught.

I ended up playing a lot of the big dogs. Poirier, Krause, Nunes

Went ahead and locked the card in for tonight (all at 5dimes unless noted):

Poirier +250 for 2u.
Romero -125 for 2u.
Mizugaki by decision +775 for .5u (Cruz has to prove it to me after his almost infinite layoff)
D Johnson TKO/KO @BOL +260 for 1u
Alvarez / Cerrone starts rd 3 -120 for 1u
Masvidal by decision -125 for 1u

I'm with you on Nunes Dollaz but the women have burned me badly recently and I'm a little gun shy to bet it yet.

Also think Cariaso +1100 @5dimes is getting silly. Probably throw a few peanuts on that one later tonight when drunk.

BOL boys lets hit this one hard.

Romero should have been counted out after not answering the bell right away to the 3rd. fucking bullshit.

Wow, absolute disgrace that Romero was not deducted a point for that blatant stall to start round 3. This coming as a Romero better. Unreal fight though. Both guys have insane heart.

Big Joe should have pulled him off the stool. and if he couldn't stand the fight should have been called. SHADY fucking move by his corner.

McCarthy is to blame for letting that shit go on. Either deduct a point or stop the fight. Don't sit their like a clueless idiot.

Wow. Absolutely ZERO of those strikes landed at or in front of the ear. It's easy when you can hammer fist a guy to the back of his head....

Sounds like sour grapes. I agree with Rogan on this one.

Really? That first punch wasn't to the back of his head that completely fucked Poirier's equilibrium? I'm not taking Joe's opinion seriously with how bad the UFC wants to push CM. He's clearly a solid fighter but was getting touched by Poirier early.

For perspective, flip the situation and imagine if Mcgreggor was hit by that punch. Is Joe dismissing that punch as much as he was?

Agree to disagree with how the fight was going, and the way it ended.:shake:

If Connor got caught, i think he would say the same thing, the shots that finished him off on the mat, were towards the back, but he was done prior to that.

That UFC embedded with cowboy was great. Guy is a fighter, doesnt care the ranking, he just wants to fight. He also doesnt wait 6 months in between fights.

Agree to disagree with how the fight was going, and the way it ended.:shake:

If Connor got caught, i think he would say the same thing, the shots that finished him off on the mat, were towards the back, but he was done prior to that.

Definitely wont deny that CM looked really good before that strange punch. Definitely was taking control of the fight but man that finish just didn't feel right.

Back