uconn vs rutgers discussion

husky17

Wreck it Ralph....
I'd like more of a discussion here, with my analysis here..

First of all, this line jumps out to me and says throw everything you got on uconn, which, in the end i will end up putting a large amount on them.. However, i did look into it and i do have some of the reasoning behind this odd line.

Uconn 5-1, and rutgers 1-5 are on the opposite sides of the spectrum right now.

Rutgers has been playing terrible and has a lot of dissention within the team (i.e teels snuff in the head), while uconn got destroyed on the road by UNC who looks pretty good by the way, in the debut of their new soph qb..

why i like uconn: rutgers has no run game what so ever, and teel will throw the ball a ton.. he will rack up some yards, but if you watch teel, the more he throws the more prone he is to more picks. i think hell throw at least 2 here.

Donald Brown will continue to impress (mid season all american) and with 2 weeks to prepare, Im expecting zach frazer to make a lot better decisions and sling the ball all over rutgers

Sorry its brief, but im on the run.. I love uconn as a pickum, and would like to hear all opinons

11311-5.jpg

"I'm shocked, Cotton."

No, in all seriousness, I think it's the right side and good luck this week.

Got UConn as a pretty big lean.. Confused a bit actually by the line. See it has moved to -1 now at most places.

At what point does a 1-5 team who was expecting to be 5-1, quit?.. I'd like Nut and a few other NY guys to chime in on that..

My opinion ,unless I am missing something and Rutgers is finding motivation somewhere, I see two teams with totally different dispositions.. UConn popped them pretty good LY (39-19) in a pk em game but I don't think revenge comes into play much on a 1-5 team... Someone local help me out with that angle.

I really don't see how people are confused by this line; I bet Rutgers at +8 last week @ Cincinnati and I thought that was a decent bet with decent value. If you flip that and make RU the home team, they would have been about a 1 or 2 point home dog to Cincinnati...which is what they are here to the Huskies. Seems right on to me...Huskies and Bearcats virtually mirror each other.

Just starting to 'cap this game; see Huskies off a bye...that helps while Rutgers off tough loss. Definite situational edge to Connecticut.

I really don't see how people are confused by this line; I bet Rutgers at +8 last week @ Cincinnati and I thought that was a decent bet with decent value. If you flip that and make RU the home team, they would have been about a 1 or 2 point home dog to Cincinnati...which is what they are here to the Huskies. Seems right on to me...Huskies and Bearcats virtually mirror each other.

Bingo - there was no reason for that spread to be more than a TD last week.

In any account, the huskies are still a team hungry to make a good bowl this year- yes they are coming off a bad loss, but they know where they fucked up and they want it bad.. I know a lot of these guys very personally, they think they continusly have something to prove, and in the case this week, they actually do.. Frazer is a cool kid, hes going to play better and get his saavy.

i think the line makes sense, although i would initially lean uconn.

uconn is a not a good football team away from home. they beat louiville on the road, but a young, unproven louisville team and cantwell left the game early. outside of that they aren't anything to write home about.

again, i would lean uconn, but tough to support them on the road..looks to be some better plays on the board, like my longhorns laying 5 at home.

good luck.

No - Fucking - Way! You're on UConn?!?!?!?!

:new_shocked:

Seriously tho...have you EVER picked against your team?

I'm with you on the Huskies. If they don't get it done this week, I'll never bet them again, I can tell you that much.

Every time I make a play on this damn team, they shit all over themselves. And every time I play against them, they get some bullshit no-call by the refs to get them the win, or some ridicuously lucky bounce in their favor.

Thank god Lorenzen is out, because he truly is a steaming pile.

GL this Saturday.

:shake:

To elaborate on Horses point , about situation i think i like the fact that uconn is coming off not just a bye week and a loss ... but a loss in a game they really didnt play badly at all in. Here is the box score from the last unc game.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>
41.gif
</TD><TD>
153.gif
</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>1st Downs</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>13</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>3rd down efficiency
</TD><TD>8-19</TD><TD>4-11</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>4th down efficiency
</TD><TD>0-2</TD><TD>0-0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Total Yards</TD><TD>378</TD><TD>263</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Passing</TD><TD>210</TD><TD>117</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Comp-Att
</TD><TD>24-44</TD><TD>9-16</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Yards per pass
</TD><TD>4.8</TD><TD>7.3</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Rushing</TD><TD>168</TD><TD>146</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Rushing Attempts
</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>33</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Yards per rush
</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>4.4</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Penalties</TD><TD>11-97</TD><TD>6-57</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Turnovers</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Fumbles lost
</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Interceptions thrown
</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Possession</TD><TD>36:22</TD><TD>23:38</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

penalties , turnovers and blocked punts ... all correctable problems.

I think the rutgers problems are deeper. I think there are chemistry problems and identity problems and if i am not mistaken there are some off the field issues that might be distracting the coaching staff.

Uconn might be underrated right now. They are one of the better first down ratio teams in the country right now and where rutgers has played solid pass defense they have shown some weakness vs the run which is what uconn likes to do.

I prefer the over in the game as i like the rutgers pass game vs uconns defense and i like donald brown vs rutgers rush defense and the total is lined for a very low scoring game.

These teams last year combined for 47 first downs and 907 yards. This total is lined in low to mid forties ??

That is where the value is in this game is in my opinion.

In any account, the huskies are still a team hungry to make a good bowl this year- yes they are coming off a bad loss, but they know where they fucked up and they want it bad.. I know a lot of these guys very personally, they think they continusly have something to prove, and in the case this week, they actually do.. Frazer is a cool kid, hes going to play better and get his saavy.

javascript:emoticon(':BJ:')javascript:emoticon(':BJ:')

VK, I don't know about that total; it's unbelievable how much the Scarlet Knight's miss Ray Rice; it's a real chore to get that offense moving and I gotta think UConn can control the ball and run clock; i only bet 1/2 unit on ttls so take it for what it's worth...i will have no cash on this gm, but i def lean rutgers, but it's more of a gut feel.

No - Fucking - Way! You're on UConn?!?!?!?!

:new_shocked:

Seriously tho...have you EVER picked against your team?

I'm with you on the Huskies. If they don't get it done this week, I'll never bet them again, I can tell you that much.

Every time I make a play on this damn team, they shit all over themselves. And every time I play against them, they get some bullshit no-call by the refs to get them the win, or some ridicuously lucky bounce in their favor.

Thank god Lorenzen is out, because he truly is a steaming pile.

GL this Saturday.

I have bet against them 3 times, and gone 1-2.. they are a very good ATS team the past few years, which is why i love to bet them, though i have made my mistakes (BAYLOR) , and i still think i capped it right on the unc game, they jus had stupid mistakes like 3 block punts.

And for your cock sucking thing, fuck you lol.. we are always at the same bar ya fuck

I have bet against them 3 times, and gone 1-2.. they are a very good ATS team the past few years, which is why i love to bet them, though i have made my mistakes (BAYLOR) , and i still think i capped it right on the unc game, they jus had stupid mistakes like 3 block punts.

And for your cock sucking thing, fuck you lol.. we are always at the same bar ya fuck

Don't get all butt-hurt. It was only a joke. I went to SDSU, and I talked to JR Tolver, Osgood, and some of the other players a few times when I was a student, as well as Craft when he was head coach. Doesn't mean I knew them extremely well.

I only asked if you ever played against them because I read your thread just about every week, and I never recall you being on the other side.

Again, good luck this week. Obviously, I'm pulling for the Huskies.

VK, I don't know about that total; it's unbelievable how much the Scarlet Knight's miss Ray Rice; it's a real chore to get that offense moving and I gotta think UConn can control the ball and run clock; i only bet 1/2 unit on ttls so take it for what it's worth...i will have no cash on this gm, but i def lean rutgers, but it's more of a gut feel.

i hear you and agree their offense misses rice .. just think the passing game matches up well here vs uconn and that uconn run game should produce points for them.

only need about 2/3 of last years total production to go over this comfortably. Not saying that will be easy money or anything ....line move agrees with the under. just my opinion ... which is wrong a lot.

Got UConn as a pretty big lean.. Confused a bit actually by the line. See it has moved to -1 now at most places.

At what point does a 1-5 team who was expecting to be 5-1, quit?.. I'd like Nut and a few other NY guys to chime in on that..

My opinion ,unless I am missing something and Rutgers is finding motivation somewhere, I see two teams with totally different dispositions.. UConn popped them pretty good LY (39-19) in a pk em game but I don't think revenge comes into play much on a 1-5 team... Someone local help me out with that angle.

I cant say I have inside knowledge of the RU program but watching most of there games this year and the past 3 the effort seems to be there . They simply just dont make plays on offense and that started in the 1st H with Fresno in the opener . They should have been crusing and it was 0-0. Then fell to pieces . In there defense RB was going to be an issue after being spoiled with an NFL FB and RB past 4-5 seasons. So losing Kordell Young was pretty significant IMO . Mike Teel is inconsistent but worse his WRs are the same way . It's like a combination of that every game . If we look at there entire season I would say they only played 2 BAD halves of football both early and home vs Fresno and UNC in the 2nd H. Its just crazy Teel makes a couple bad throws or misses wide open guys downfield and then when he makes a good throw Britt or Underwood dont make the play . So they never seem to build momentum in a game.

If you watched even some of the Cincy game and I did in pieces. You can point to the drive before halftime for RU when one of the WRs was clear past the secondary and had a long TD or worst big play but Teel underthrew him badly . Then last drive of the game Britt drops the 1st down to keep the drive alive.

RU outplayed Navy , they were okay @ WVU and they played well I thought @ Cincy but the Cincy punter iced them by sticking them with terrible field position in all 3 4th Q drives . Which made it worse for a struggling offense .

Whats to say about Uconn ? Really what has been impressive ? They played better then the score indicates @ UNC but who is to say that a raw QB wont throw INTs especially on the road. There to me is a wide difference bewteen coming into a game and being the starter each week. When teams game plan for you and watch tape on you. He played well @ Louisville but no one kew who he was . So wouldnt read much into that game and would look for more like his performance @ UNC.

What has UConn done ? They played better @ UNC then the score but they also stole the game @ Lville when they were outplayed so that arguement cancel itsels out IMO. They barely held on vs Baylor at home , they whipped a UVA team in turmoil and transition with a new QB , they won @ Temple by 3 .

So its not if there play on the road has been inpressive.

Rutgers played pretty solid vs the run @ WVU and @ Navy two of the better albeit different rushing attacks a team can face. Fresno also has a strong rushing game and dont think they did much till the 4th quarter on the ground . So I amnot buying Donald Brown as better then those run games and if he is equal then well RU performed well IMO. He did 153 last year at home vs them but even if he got that here wouldnt concern me if it took 25-30 carries . He did have 199@ RU 2 years ago. Teel had 340 yds passing last year on 50attempts though.

http://www.trentonian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20161599&BRD=1697&PAG=461&dept_id=178120&rfi=6

This is RU homecoming as well so the crowd should be good .

As for RU quitting doesnt seem to be any hint of it in various articles more "fantasy" about them getting Bowl eligible ...taken from Yahoo Sports ------

Inside Slant

At 1-5, Rutgers has zero margin for error the rest of the season.

If the Scarlet Knights’ seniors are hoping to end the season in a bowl game that’s not one of those random all-star games for graduating players whose teams aren’t good enough to earn a bowl trip of their own, it has to start winning Saturday and not stop until the season finale against Louisville on Dec. 4.

Moreover, the seniors have a self-interest in making that happen. It’ll mean more playing time for them down the stretch if there’s something at stake.

<TABLE class=ad_slug_table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['N4PKGkwNBlI-']='&U=13ek5sj1m%2fN%3dN4PKGkwNBlI-%2fC%3d674272.13017220.13223983.1323516%2fD%3dSKY%2fB%3d5404999%2fV%3d1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>

Coach Greg Schiano isn’t going to punt the season when and if the team drops out of bowl contention. He’s not the type of personality who considers a 2-10 campaign the same as a 5-7 one, and he plays to win every week. That’s true of most coaches—the “sacrifice this season for the future ones” is mainly a fan’s attitude.

But he’ll also find it harder to sit struggling upperclassmen for the younger players if that happens. Already, that’s starting to happen on the offensive line, where true freshman Art Forst started last week, and at wideout, where Tiquan Underwood is getting fewer snaps than earlier in the season.
Senior quarterback Mike Teel gets most of the heat, especially since he played every snap in the loss to Cincinnati, when the offense didn’t do much of anything. It’s a measure of Schiano’s confidence in him that the coach is ignoring the loud calls for his benching from everyone in the press box and the fan base.
More than anything, that probably indicates he doesn’t think any of the younger guys are capable of leading the Scarlet Knights to victory. Unless Dom Natale or Chris Paul-Etienne starts to look like a world-beater in practice, Teel may get to play regardless of the team’s fate.
Not all the seniors are in that position, however. Everyone who can feel the footsteps of the younger players creeping up behind them on the depth chart has that extra incentive to break the losing streak and get back on a winning track. It’s the only chance they have of finishing their college career not only in the bowl picture, but avoiding standing on the sidelines watching next year’s team get some experience this November.

Strategy And Personnel

THIS WEEK’S GAME: Rutgers at Connecticut, Oct. 18—Connecticut’s defense punishes teams that make mistakes, but its offense is Donald Brown and an untested quarterback making his second career start. This will come down to two factors: Whether the defense can stonewall the best running back in the Big East, and whether the Scarlet Knights can make fewer mistakes on offense than the Huskies do. Lose the turnover battle here, and the game will likely follow.
PLAYERS TO WATCH:
WR Tiquan Underwood—The senior had more receiving yards in the season opener a year ago than he does through six games this season. He’s had two catches for 25 yards over the past three games. And he’s one of the biggest playmakers on the team. Mike Teel and Greg Schiano will look to get him the ball more often, and from that point, it’s up to him to catch it when it comes his way.
RB Kordell Young—At one point, it looked like Young might miss the rest of the season following his opening-day start against North Carolina. But he looks to be healthy again, and ran the ball 22 times on Saturday against Cincinnati while waking up with no pain the following day. He’ll start against Connecticut as well, hoping to revive what’s been a moribund rushing attack.
S Courtney Greene—Greene got called out by Sports Illustrated’s Peter King this week as a disappointment among the members of the upcoming 2009 draft class. If he wants to be a first-day draft pick, which is what he expected coming into the year, he’s going to need to take those words as motivation going forward.

I do think its really cut and dry here . If RU truly believe they have a chance at turning it around then there is no better spot then Homecoming facing a conference foe with an untested QB making his 2nd career start. I think in retrospect RU didnt play that poorly vs either Fresno or UNC but expectations were that RU was as good or better then these programs and they just are not . They also failed to execute and were sort of crushed by momentum at points in those games which make the so called turning points . Good news is the Rutgers kicker has improved . The bottomline is the offense which has scored more then 17 just once 21 @ Navy ! Also interesting RU ZERO turnovers forced so far but again what better time then a QB making his 2nd career start and 1st conference one .

Strategy And Personnel( for UConn)

THIS WEEK’S GAME: Connecticut at Rutgers, Oct. 18—Based on the records, this is a game the Huskies should win. But this is a huge game for the Scarlet Knights, who need a win if they have any hope of salvaging their season, and Rutgers is not a typical bottom-tier team in the Big East. It’s a veteran group that is dangerous when desperate, and if UConn doesn’t take control of the game early, it could find itself facing a newly confident and more dangerous Scarlet Knights team fighting for its life

I really think that tells the story .

PLAYERS TO WATCH:
QB Zach Frazer—Rutgers will challenge Frazer with different looks and blitz packages, and the Notre Dame transfer will be tested in his second game as a collegiate starter. Making quick but not rushed decisions is a difficult skill to learn, and this week will provide an early indication of whether Frazer has those abilities or not.
DT Rob Lunn—The senior defensive tackle keeps a blog in which he discusses football and the upcoming game. It is always entertaining, and this week it made the Newark Star-Ledger website with some (tepid) bulletin-board material, if random digs at the state of New Jersey with no criticisms of the Scarlet Knights in particular count. Regardless, he and the defensive line have a tough battle ahead against a quality offensive line.
CB Darius Butler—The senior two-way threat does nothing but make plays. He’ll have chances to force the action this week against a Rutgers quarterback who has had trouble turning the ball over in key spots

Looking @ UNC game most of Uconn yards came on the opening drive (adjusting to the UConn offense ? , in the 2 minute drill before half in a 17-3 game and the 4th Q when it was 38-6 so its mostly BS that UConn played well. UNC had a missed FG of 35 yds in teh 4th Q after a long drive and then an INT when they started inside the UConn red zone.

Inbewteen the opening drive and ending drive of the 1st H UConn had 5 possessions ran 20 plays and accumulated 30 yds ( int and 4 punts). Started teh 2nd H with a long drive that ended in 3 pts but then the next 3 ended up going 11 plasy for 19 yds with 2 punts and another INT. The Uconn defense played much better then score suggests as UNC had the bloked punt for a score and a short TD after an early INT . Brown had like 23c for 90yds at the start of the 4th Q .

So looks like another low scoring battle if there are no turnovers or silly mistakes .

I think the line is right . If I had to play something it would be RU ML because its a situational play . They are underacheiving team with there back against the wall in a now or never game for a vet team . Which happens to be homecoming .....

Take it FWIW the only value I see is in the RU situation not so much progress but the Huskies defense wont be any tougher then playing @ Cincy ...also Donald Brown is NJ product and was bypassed by RU so I guess he gets up for these games .....:cheers:(also a sort of disclosure I did ride RU as dogs the past 2 weeks thinking they could compete same idea here except they need to win not compete)

excellent post nut. have no clue how you compile and post the amount of info you provide on a daily basis:shake:

excellent post nut. have no clue how you compile and post the amount of info you provide on a daily basis:shake:

Thanks tee . I honestly dont know either . I have no idea where it comes from . The funny part is it just comes to as type thats why I ramble often . I am just writing what I am thinking at the moment. Glad to be of help.

On a side note good hit with the Phillies today had them myself but was playing hoops and didnt see ur post before I left . Only wish I played them -1.5 as well but hit the series with them so that was good . So nice call , good hit , congrats and BOL on your continued success.:cheers:

an thanks Horses as well .:cheers:

11311-5.jpg

"I'm shocked, Cotton."

No, in all seriousness, I think it's the right side and good luck this week.

:36_11_6:

Good discussion thread though. I think line is where it should be. If I had to pick it would be Huskies but no play for me.

Take it FWIW the only value I see is in the RU situation not so much progress but the Huskies defense wont be any tougher then playing @ Cincy ...also Donald Brown is NJ product and was bypassed by RU so I guess he gets up for these games .....:cheers:(also a sort of disclosure I did ride RU as dogs the past 2 weeks thinking they could compete same idea here except they need to win not compete)

Respectfully disagree, considering RU is coming off a loss and UConn off a bye. Can't say that's a favorable situation for Rutgers.

Also, tough to pass up UConn at basically a pickem spread, when UConn has the superior rush O and rush D. They have the ability to make Rutgers one dimensional, and control the clock. I'll definitely take my chances there.

I dont' think Rutger's schedule of rush offenses if that much ahead of UConn's. Baylor, Ville, and Virginia as of late although Navy, WVU, Fresno, certainly can rush it.

IMO UConn is superior to Cincinnati rushing the ball and superior as an offense only when Chaz Anderson is qb as he was vs. Rutgers.

UConn is going to win the rushing battle. Now Rutgers only put 131 in the air vs. Navy and 198 in air vs. a pourus West Virginia secondary that Cuse and Nova qb had fun with. I'm not even going to look up where Navy and WVU rank but it's bottom 3rd NCAA I assume.

-----Everyone is saying Rutgers has that talent and they are just a missed throw here a dropped pass there and overall timing from putting in a real nice outing and being the explosive Rutgers we expected this year.

I mean it might be possible but very very unlikely. Rutgers has played 6 games. They are what they are.

Rutgers name is still getting them credit. I don't buy backs up against the wall philosophy for Rutgers in this one, their back has been up against the wall every day since the UNC debacle.

Dmoney admitted last week was a bad situational spot for the Nati. Now this week UConn is in a great situational spot and UConn is a slightly better version than Cincy IMO.

I dont' think Rutger's schedule of rush offenses if that much ahead of UConn's. Baylor, Ville, and Virginia as of late although Navy, WVU, Fresno, certainly can rush it.

IMO UConn is superior to Cincinnati rushing the ball and superior as an offense only when Chaz Anderson is qb as he was vs. Rutgers.

UConn is going to win the rushing battle. Now Rutgers only put 131 in the air vs. Navy and 198 in air vs. a pourus West Virginia secondary that Cuse and Nova qb had fun with. I'm not even going to look up where Navy and WVU rank but it's bottom 3rd NCAA I assume.

-----Everyone is saying Rutgers has that talent and they are just a missed throw here a dropped pass there and overall timing from putting in a real nice outing and being the explosive Rutgers we expected this year.

I mean it might be possible but very very unlikely. Rutgers has played 6 games. They are what they are.

Rutgers name is still getting them credit. I don't buy backs up against the wall philosophy for Rutgers in this one, their back has been up against the wall every day since the UNC debacle.

Dmoney admitted last week was a bad situational spot for the Nati. Now this week UConn is in a great situational spot and UConn is a slightly better version than Cincy IMO.

Damn O-State...it's like you're reading my fucking mind!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Hehe!

:cheers:

Its not just Ray Rice that RU is missing, its Mike Fladell, Pedro Sosa, and Jeremy Zuttah, all of which I believe are involved in some way with NFL teams. RU has given up 10 sacks this year after 6 games, whereas last year, they gave up 11 all season. Still decent, but obviously there has been a dropoff up front. For comparison, now starting is Mike Gilmartin, who has been a 4 year backup and Art Forst, a true freshman. So there has is definitely a dropoff in talent on the o-line, and it shows, as often the holes just are not there. I think any of Rutgers current backs could've run for 1,000 yards last year, they're all talented enough to do the job. But losing a stud RB and 3/5 of one of the best o-lines in the country, toss in WR's with dropsies and a QB with what I coin "Chuck Knobolauch disease," and it easy to see why this team is struggling.

I do think there is a revenge angle here, the UConn loss last year was embarrassing, and I really don't think these two teams like each other much. I think RU gets up for the homecoming crowd, but I think UConn is coming ready to play too. I think there is not motivational edge for either team.

I will say that it is heartening for Rut to be 10 points away from wins at WVU and Cincy and being 3-3 right now. But they aren't, and won't be 2-5 if they don't click on offense Saturday.

well this asshole right here got wasted last night and decided to lock in the biggest play of my life lol.. fuck me, now im nervous.. lots of double cheeseburgers on the line

Its not just Ray Rice that RU is missing, its Mike Fladell, Pedro Sosa, and Jeremy Zuttah, all of which I believe are involved in some way with NFL teams. RU has given up 10 sacks this year after 6 games, whereas last year, they gave up 11 all season. Still decent, but obviously there has been a dropoff up front. For comparison, now starting is Mike Gilmartin, who has been a 4 year backup and Art Forst, a true freshman. So there has is definitely a dropoff in talent on the o-line, and it shows, as often the holes just are not there. I think any of Rutgers current backs could've run for 1,000 yards last year, they're all talented enough to do the job. But losing a stud RB and 3/5 of one of the best o-lines in the country, toss in WR's with dropsies and a QB with what I coin "Chuck Knobolauch disease," and it easy to see why this team is struggling.

I do think there is a revenge angle here, the UConn loss last year was embarrassing, and I really don't think these two teams like each other much. I think RU gets up for the homecoming crowd, but I think UConn is coming ready to play too. I think there is not motivational edge for either team.

I will say that it is heartening for Rut to be 10 points away from wins at WVU and Cincy and being 3-3 right now. But they aren't, and won't be 2-5 if they don't click on offense Saturday.

Great post.

oh no, didnt take it as that at all.. jus saying how im so mad cuz he is usually a dependable kicker and he kicked away thousands for me today lol

Crappy ass game . Thats pretty much what the situation dictated though . RU had to win here and UConn isnt the type of team to travel and play there A game . If it was a home game different story . Huskies pissed it away . Pretty sad how bad the Rutgers team is and itsa bit of everything .

Tough one to bad you didnt grab the +3 late ....definetly the hard part of capping games are the ones like this . You have to guess who is going to get the breaks .

Back