Tulane...

horses

Brady licks Marino's knob
Laying 17??? Are you kidding me? Dig deep to find out the last time they did that ( I would think)...

Will give SMU some serious consideration...

some strange teams laying huge numbers this week ... ball state has been a DD favorite three times in the last 5 years combined .. they lost two of those games outright by 20 or more. Also suffered a keyinjury to receiver at tail end of indiana game.

I'm not surprised at this at all. Disappointed but not surprised. Even at 17, the number is short.

I was hoping for something around 14. I like Tulane but don't know if they'll have the offense to cover this number. SMU is just awful right now though.

Even at 17, the number is short.

Could be; The box scores of these teams games certainly make the line warranted. Just not sure I'm buying them at face value.

Bob Toledo has an offensive mindset, but even I agree that 17 is a bit much. My guess is you'll have to go back to the days of Shaun King and the undefeated Green Wave when they finished 13-0 to find them laying a spread this big.

some strange teams laying huge numbers this week ... ball state has been a DD favorite three times in the last 5 years combined .. they lost two of those games outright by 20 or more. Also suffered a keyinjury to receiver at tail end of indiana game.

love is done for. i'm eager to see how davis runs the offense w/o him.

love is done for. i'm eager to see how davis runs the offense w/o him.
That's such a shame, Love was one of my favorite players to watch.

As far as the last time Tulane was favored this high, it was in '03 at Army. Line was -17.5 by most accounts and Tulane won by 17. They have been favored three other times by 17+ in their post-undefeated era ('98), with an overall record of 0-4 ATS, assuming you had the documented -17.5 or more in '03. The other ones weren't nearly that close. The Wave is also 3-1 SU in these games, winning one of these contests by one point.

ball state has been a DD favorite three times in the last 5 years combined
They've earned it with their play this year, but it's homecoming, and that could mean they get the W and check out mentally as soon as possible. I wouldn't be surprised with a 10-point win here.

last time i backed SMU, mitchell threw 5 picks

interesting point on the homecoming angle though-but you dont think theyd be out for blood and to run up the score? and on primetime TV no less?

main reason i hate backing SMU is because they turn the damn ball over so much...but tulane laying 17 is ridiculous.

Prime-time TV? They might want to put on a show, you're right.

Ahh youre right! ESPN has thursday night MLS, argh..

was hoping theyd have both the USC game and this one televised, guess not.

I got it on that CBS-C HD channel, so i guess its not primetime tv.
Thought they were going to be on ESPN2....

:shake:

Ahh youre right! ESPN has thursday night MLS, argh..

was hoping theyd have both the USC game and this one televised, guess not.

I got it on that CBS-C HD channel, so i guess its not primetime tv.
Thought they were going to be on ESPN2....

:shake:

MLS soccer over college football? What the fuk is wrong with this country

no idea, horses....stayin away from this one, but i think the smu offense gets a lot better as the year goes on...just not willing to put my money up to guess when

Yeah, I agree Broadway...SMU can't run, stop anybody on defense and they constantly turn the ball over. They will get better...but like you, I've decided not to bet when.

Thanks for ll the input, folks. This game will be a pass for me.

I'm not surprised at this at all. Disappointed but not surprised. Even at 17, the number is short.

As usual, we are on the exact same page. I put this one at -20. Tulane is a good team, people, and SMU absolutely is not.

Tulane has turned in some good performances as a heavy underdog against a couple teams in huge, flat spots...we'll see how they perform as a 3-score favorite.

Tulane is a defensive jugernaut. They SUCK on offense.
I would go against the bot and play under if my goal was to make a play on the crappiest of crapfests.

Seriously though Tulane has a nasty defense and no offense.
I see them running and trying to score when they can.
I couldnt lay that many points but I do expect no more than 10 points from SMU. Likely from an INT for TD or something of that nature out of SMU.

Back