Tuesdays Fun....and Discussion

Harang-a-tang lost a bit of life on his fb last start @ GAB, which could be attributed to that relief appearance in SD which fucked up his schedule. No excuses from him, though. Sometimes his problem is throwing too many strikes... hitters dial in knowing he's gonna be around the zone. As Kmacc said he's a flyball guy and as Jump said those flyballs were flyin' out last night. If he doesn't have that heavy fastball around the knees tonight he'll be in for a long one

No Griff again tonight for cincy for 2nd night in a row...general soreness..

Most likely means the double leadoff w/ Jerry and Freel up top and Bruce in the 3 hole..

Harang's velocity was 87 tops last week vs Pit...and his fastball and changeup were up...that outing for him wasn't like Volquez in the 18 inning game...he threw 63 pitches and 4 innings...much more than a side day...and his velocity was grea tthat day w/ the momentum of extras behind him 93-94...he'll back to the normal 90-91 tonight I'd say...

I don't think he'll shut this lineup down but I'd expect back to the 3 run type outing we got in April from him....the Reds will hit Eaton I have no doubt....They had prolly 6 balls that coulda been hits last night..including two from Votto that were shots and great plays by Utley and a bullet from Bruce...

I was very impressed w/ Gordon/Lidge combo last night htough...they were much sharper than we saw them in Cincy in april..

But the general point of the post was no Griff in the three hole tonight...pretty good news for Eaton.

Good shit Jump...

Most overs I've ever had pending for one night..

det/oak 8.5 even
cle/tex 11.5 -10
ari/milk 8.5 -20
cin/phi 9.5 -20

placed last night..
col/lad 8 -20
chi/sd 8 -25

Harang

Day...1.96 era.....46.0 inn....3 hr......208 avg

Night.. 6.14 era....36.2 inn....8 hr.....338 avg

Which is the opposite of his previous seasons. The reason I would cheapen its value is because 2 starts he was terrible in happened to be at night and there were legimitate reasons why he stunk . A game @ Wrigley where the wind was blowing out ( not good for a flyball pitcher)and then his last start where he made the relief outing in bewteen starts and threw 4 scoreless innings then had like 2 days rest before his next start.....granted his original start in SD wasnt very good but he suddenly lost it with 2 outs in the b5th up 2-0 and no one base. It went from 4 hits and 0 runs in 4.2 inn to 5.1 inn 10 hits and 5runs allowed in the span of 2 outs......So outiside of these hiccups he went 25 inn 24h 10 runs allowed 3hrs 7bb 25Ks in his work at night(minus the last out b5th SD and 1st out top6th SD and the 2 shit starts)....just what ever bad has happened to him seemed to happen at night in 2008 .....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>GS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>W</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>L</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SV</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>CG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SHO</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ER</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ERA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>WHIP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BAA</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> Day</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>14</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>14</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>93.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>111</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>53</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>52</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>15</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>17</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>93</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5.01</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1.37</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.300</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> Night</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>20</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>20</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>11</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>138.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>102</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>47</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>44</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>13</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>35</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>125</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2.86</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0.99</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.200</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>GS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>W</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>L</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SV</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>CG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SHO</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ER</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ERA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>WHIP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BAA</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> Day</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>12</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>12</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>81.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>86</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>42</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>39</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>11</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>19</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>81</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4.32</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1.29</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.274</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> Night</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>24</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>23</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>11</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>153.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>156</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>67</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>59</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>17</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>37</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>135</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3.47</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1.26</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.266</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Certainly doesnt mean he wont lose tonight . I just dont think fading him at night holds much value. He is a question mark still as it remains to be seen how he bounces back after this rough strecth of overuse...

SD start 102 pitches then 2 days later in relief awesome outing 63 pitches in 4 innings ( 9Ks and only 2 hits allowed no runs) followed by 3 days off and 73 pitches . Really he should have been pushed back at least another day after thworing 165 pitches in a series .....Dusty, Dusty , Dusty

No Griff again tonight for cincy for 2nd night in a row...general soreness..

Most likely means the double leadoff w/ Jerry and Freel up top and Bruce in the 3 hole..

Harang's velocity was 87 tops last week vs Pit...and his fastball and changeup were up...that outing for him wasn't like Volquez in the 18 inning game...he threw 63 pitches and 4 innings...much more than a side day...and his velocity was grea tthat day w/ the momentum of extras behind him 93-94...he'll back to the normal 90-91 tonight I'd say...

I don't think he'll shut this lineup down but I'd expect back to the 3 run type outing we got in April from him....the Reds will hit Eaton I have no doubt....They had prolly 6 balls that coulda been hits last night..including two from Votto that were shots and great plays by Utley and a bullet from Bruce...

I was very impressed w/ Gordon/Lidge combo last night htough...they were much sharper than we saw them in Cincy in april..

But the general point of the post was no Griff in the three hole tonight...pretty good news for Eaton.

That game actually reallly went close to what I expected . Both SP were hit with Arroyo getting nicked up more but the DP ball saved Cincy in the b5th with the bases juiced. Reds pen was more of the suprise but I think if we look at what happened the DP to kill the rally in the 5th and Reds respond with 2 runs in the top 6th it sort of tightened the noose on the game..

Reds lineup seems to be swing well and I just dont know what to trust but I think falling back on Phillys 6-13 Game 2 record has merit. Like yesterday they found a way to open with a win in Game 1 . Just seems to be how it is bouncing for them right now.....

Harang has been shelled last 2 starts and Reds are publicly known as bad on the road . So I woulnt concern myself with the line move....:shake:and last few years Guccione is 8-16 for home favs under -120

Hey sportsnut what do you think of these three plays

Wash ML
Pitt ML
SF ML

Thanks guys I appreciate your opinion :tiphat:

Ausmus catching for Houston think Astros are 13-6-1 UNDER when starts. Think 9-3 UNDER away when he starts

Hey sportsnut what do you think of these three plays

Wash ML
Pitt ML
SF ML

Thanks guys I appreciate your opinion :tiphat:

I already played Pitt and SFG . Looking into Wash still but think I will be on The over 9 , over 1st 5 innings and Nats ML myself......still working on it kinda pressed for time at the moment sorry cant really talk in more length. GL:shake::cheers:

Tuesday....6/3

I have a ton of action tonight, hope it goes well

All plays 2 units:

Pit/Houston Over 9
Cle/Tex Over 11.5
KC/CWS Over 8
Cinci/Phili Over 10
Min -1.5 +145
Col/LAD Over 8
LAD -1.5 +130
Ari -10
Boston -15
Toronto +10

Didnt get to crazy mostly small stuff spread out but havent finished up the 8PM starts and after yet either.....

1.5 units on:
Giants +120
Marlins +1.5 RL -125
Reds +100

1 unit on :
Padres +110
1st inn score YES @ SD ( mini rally by SD getting the three Hr falling by 1 run)
Pitt -120
Over 4.5 1st 5 Inn Wash -125
TB +110
Rangers -130
Mariners -140

Less then 1 unit on:(bewteen 1/2 and 3/4s usually)
Marlins ML +170
TB 1st ML +110
Over 9 ATL -105 (reversed my lean)
Over 9 Wash -110
Nats +110
Yankees -120

Two leans I passed on Over Philly but got cool here in NY and Under Pitt . Also passed on 1st 5 under @ Yankee Stadium and there was no way I was fading that strong total move in Boston. Suspect the over hits ..

Small parlay PITT , SEATTLE , and +1.5 RL with SD and SFG:cheers:Good Luck

I said it on Sunday that Joba would probably allow a run in the first in thses discussion threads ! Did I play it -NO ! such tiny balls I have

Scratch that thought about Shoppach think he was 8-1 UND L 9 road games but he is 10-3 UNDER away this year when starts:shake:

sportsnut just saw your plays ...good luck

stayed with the phils under(fav play),clev under and tampa under ...you talked me out of milwaukee i was on the fence anyway so I added san fran with you instead...

sportsnut just saw your plays ...good luck

stayed with the phils under(fav play),clev under and tampa under ...you talked me out of milwaukee i was on the fence anyway so I added san fran with you instead...

Thanks terrible start for the most part . Great call with that Philly under. I really should just listen to my instincts though and stop forcing plays ...

GL as well ...:cheers:

Back