TuesDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
8-10-1 on the nite -3.42 and now down to a + 312.40 for the yr 2 losing nites in a row.

San Francisco Giants +110*
<small>vs</small> Pittsburgh Pirates x 1 ... Lincecum is 1-3, 6.56 in his last four starts. Pirates' top prospect Cole makes MLB debut here; he is 5-3, 2.91 in 12 AAA starts (44 hits allowed in 68 IP).Pittsburgh believes the 22-year-old right-hander is the team's future ace since drafting him out of UCLA in 2011.Both team have offensive woes with Pirates scoring two runs or fewer eight times over their last 12 contests after falling 4-1 to the Chicago Cubs on Sunday. Giants averaged 2.3 runs while dropping seven of 10 before beating Arizona 10-5 on Saturday and 6-2 on Sunday. Taking the Giants here because I know what I'm getting

Brewers/Marlins NP ...Turner is the better SP here but I will not bet the Marlins again as Brewers are the better team winning their last four games, scoring 24 runs. Peralta is 1-5, 8.50 in his last six starts.

St. Louis Cardinals -147* <small>vs</small> New York Mets x1... yeah, I know Cardinals lost both Wacha starts (0-0, 5.40) but I think one needs to look past him to a Cards team that has been successful both at the plate and on the mound, leading the NL with a .276 average while ranking second with a 3.19 ERA. Rookie Wacha will try to improve that number while rebounding from a poor outing. The Mets are last in the majors batting .226, and the offense will look to provide some support for Jeremy Hefner has he faces a Cardinals lineup hitting .336 over its last seven contests.
Hefner (1-5, 4.36) has been solid over his last three outings, going 1-0 with a 2.84 ERA. He allowed one run while striking out seven in seven innings before the bullpen allowed two runs in the ninth of a 3-2 loss at Washington last Tuesday.But he wasn't as sharp in his only start versus the Cardinals, giving up three runs and walking four in six innings of a 6-3 loss May 13.

Colorado Rockies -138* <small>vs</small> Washington Nationals x1 .... Washington, batting .234, 'may' have snapped out of its offensive funk with 12 runs and 24 hits in Sunday's day-night doubleheader sweep of Minnesota. The Nationals had scored 14 runs in their previous seven contests but Washington hasn't won three straight in a month.Haren's pitched lately. He's 0-3 with a 6.85 ERA in his last four outings after surrendering five runs in four innings of Wednesday's 10-1 loss to the New York Mets.Haren's been tagged for a major league-worst 2.0 home runs per nine innings and has given up seven during in his last four starts. I will take the Rockies @ home even with Chacin @ 0-3, 6.86 in his last seven starts.Led by Gonzalez (17) and Tulowitzki (16), the Rockies have 83 homers which is the second-most in the NL.Washington lost eight of its last ten road games while Colorado won six of its last nine games.

Cincinnati Reds* -122 vs Chicago Cubs x1 ... neither starter much to write home about with Garza @ 5.19 RA in his last three starts. Cingrani is 0-0, 5.40 in his last three starts, last of which was May 11. Reds playing decent ball winning 13 of their last 18 road games. Cubbies are not playing well losing six of their last eight games.

Atlanta Braves -112* <small>vs</small> San Diego Padres x2... I know those that lost on the Braves want no part of this but Huddy has a 1.26 RA in his last couple starts I expect the Braves to get out to a better start tonite against Cashner who has a 4.91 RA in his last four starts. Hudson has been effective in his last two outings, yielding one unearned run over 14 1-3 innings.

Los Angeles Dodgers -135* <small>vs</small> Arizona Diamondbacks x Half ... just personal preference here. DBacks have done well against Greinke in the past but he is 3-0, 2.78 in his four home starts this year and look really good against Braves last outing. Kennedy is 1-1, 9.53 in his last three starts

Los Angeles Angels* +118 vs Baltimore Orioles x1 ... like this dog as much as any on the board tonite. Vargas (5-3, 3.71 ERA) is coming off his worst start in almost a month but there's probably no opponent he'd rather see than Baltimore.
He was picked as the AL pitcher of the month in May after going 5-0 with a 2.30 ERA in six starts, but he wasn't able to continue that run Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs. Vargas was tagged for five runs and a season-high 11 hits over five-plus innings in an 8-6, 10-inning loss. Included in Vargas' stellar month was a three-hitter in a 4-0 win over Baltimore on May 3. He is 2-2 with a 1.65 ERA - his best against any AL team - in seven starts versus the Orioles, notching complete games in the past two. And Yes, I realize that the O's are hot and Angels are cold...but like the Angels to come alive behind Vargas with Trout and Trumbo having big nites

Boston Red Sox* -1 -101 vs Tampa Bay Rays x2 ... As I said yesterday, I dont like what I am seeing with the Rays this yr. Neither starter having a good yr so far with Lester @ 0-2, 5.88 in his last four starts. Hernandez is 1-2, 6.75 in his last four starts.Lester is 0-2 with a 5.68 ERA over his last four starts, but he's 5-1 with a 3.38 ERA in eight career outings at Tropicana Field including his 9-2 victory May 15 in which he allowed two runs over seven innings.

Texas Rangers* -1 -130 vs Cleveland Indians x2 ...Cleveland has batted .211 and been outscored 51-27 during the eight-game skid and hit .201 in its longest road slide since a franchise-record 15 straight losses in 2009.Holland is 4-0 with a 2.40 ERA over his last seven starts, striking out 48 and limiting opponents to two homers in 45 innings during that stretch.Holland is 4-0 with a 2.40 ERA over his last seven starts, striking out 48 and limiting opponents to two homers in 45 innings during that stretch and he's also been outstanding versus the Indians, pitching at least seven innings while yielding two runs or less in five of six career starts against them. He's 2-0 with a 1.91 ERA in his last four outings against Cleveland.Kluber is 0-2, 4.29 in his last four starts.

Detroit Tigers* -1 -135 vs Kansas City Royals x1 ... Royals have their longest winning streak in nearly two years but I think that ends tonite against Scherzer (8-0, 3.24 ERA)posting a 1.86 ERA over his last four starts. He's 3-0 in that span, striking out 32 across 29 innings while allowing 12 hits.The Royals' pitching also has been strong lately, recording a 1.44 ERA this month after posting a 4.33 mark in May but Davis is winless in his last four starts and eight of nine, with efficiency remaining a concern. He surpassed 100 pitches for the fifth straight start Thursday and he's failed to get past the fifth inning in three of them - and his average of 18.8 pitches per inning is one of the highest in baseball.

Chicago White Sox* -120 vs Toronto Blue Jays x1 ... the WS have not been good to me this yr. I cant seam to hit them when they win. At this # i am will to try them again against Wang who was 4-4, 2.93 in nine AAA starts this year (allowed 57 hits in 58 IP); he is 61-32, 4.26 in 120 career big league starts. Quintana (3-2, 3.95 ERA) has received an average of 2.51 runs of support over his last seven starts but hoping that changes against Wang

Oakland Athletics* -1 +138 vs New York Yankees x1 ...Colon (7-2, 3.14 ERA) is 4-0 with a 0.90 ERA in his last four starts, but that number is a bit conceiving considering he hasn't faced a team the caliber of NY in that span and hasn't fared well against them in the past. Not being a Yanks fan, and they have really surprised me with their overall good play I have no trouble playing against them against Sabathia who is 2-0, 2.76 in his last couple starts even though Colon is 0-3 with an 11.05 ERA in his last five starts against the Yankees, but he had a respectable performance in his only matchup this season. Colon who pitched for the Yankees in 2011 before heading to Oakland gave up three runs over 5 1-3 innings in a 4-2 defeat May 4. I feel Oakland will continue their recent home dominance tonite.

Houston Astros* +155 vs Seattle Mariners for 20 little ones...just dont think that the Stros deserve to be this large of a dog against the M's with Harang @ 1-3, 5.67 in his last five starts and Norris is 1-1, 1.73 in his last four starts. Harang (2-6, 6.70 ERA) has beaten the Astros 13 times and has posted a 2.64 ERA in winning his last five starts against them, however, he has failed to get through the fifth inning four times this season. ouch The Astros are a bad team enter Tuesday looking to avoid their third six-game losing streak.

Minnesota Twins* +110 vs Philadelphia Phillies x1 ... Hamels will tries for his first victory in more than five weeks after a five-game winning streak helped the club move above .500 for the first time in 2013, Philadelphia (31-33) dropped its final three games at lowly Milwaukee over the weekend.Hamels (2-9, 4.56 ERA) gets the ball in the opener after ending a career-worst six-start losing streak with a season-high 11 strikeouts in Wednesday's 6-1 victory over Miami where he gave up one run and four hits in seven innings for his first win since April 28.Walters makes his fourth start since getting called up to replace former Worley. Walters is 2-1, 4.50 in three starts this season and went six innings in Wednesday's 4-1 loss at KC, allowing three unearned runs following a first-inning throwing error by Florimon. Minnesota (27-33) now goes for its fifth win in six home games as it begins a stretch of nine straight at Target Field but offense needs work after going 1 for 13 with runners in scoring position and totaling four runs while being swept in a doubleheader at Washington on Sunday. Minnesota is 4 for 50 (.080) with runners in scoring position over the last five games. Ouch!! .....but I still like Minni @ home tonite in this IL game.

Let me say something about these threads that I post.
While I have had a decent yr so far again this yr, one can see that I am up and down, presently having two losing days in a row. I hate to post losers as much as the next guy....but I hate more to post losers knowing someone followed me and lost on my play. Please do ur on capping and if something that I post helps, so be it. I capp sports because I love it and because it helps keep my old brain active...and at my age one has to keep everything active or it goes to hell.
I appreciate CTG giving me a place to express my thoughts.

GL fellas

No worries here about your plays hound, I pick and choose as I go and generally take a few plays my capping agrees with :cheers:

Totals for Tuesday
all to win a Half
I know shotgunning totals like this takes away any credibility that I may have but I feel most of these hit...we'll see
San Francisco Giants/Pittsburgh Pirates* Over 7 -145
Milwaukee Brewers/Miami Marlins* Over 7 -150
St. Louis Cardinals/New York Mets* Over 7 -160
Cincinnati Reds/Chicago Cubs* Over 7 -185
Washington Nationals/Colorado Rockies* Over 10 -130
Atlanta Braves/San Diego Padres* Over 6 -175
Arizona Diamondbacks/Los Angeles Dodgers* Under 7½ -150
Los Angeles Angels/Baltimore Orioles* Over 9 -140
Boston Red Sox/Tampa Bay Rays* Over 7 -175
Cleveland Indians/Texas Rangers* Over 9 -140
Detroit Tigers/Kansas City Royals* Over 7 -190
Toronto Blue Jays/Chicago White Sox* Over 9 -110
New York Yankees/Oakland Athletics* Over 6 -180
Houston Astros/Seattle Mariners* Under 8½ -175
Philadelphia Phillies/Minnesota Twins* Under 9 -170
GS Over 128 -110

parlays

100/85
San Francisco Giants* +2½ -340
Milwaukee Brewers* +2½ -450
St. Louis Cardinals* +2½ -600

200/167
Cincinnati Reds* +2½ -515
Colorado Rockies* +2½ -360
Atlanta Braves* +2½ -500

100/99
Los Angeles Dodgers* +2½ -440
Los Angeles Angels* +2½ -280
Boston Red Sox* +2½ -515

200/184
Texas Rangers* +2½ -400
Detroit Tigers* +2½ -700
Oakland Athletics* +2½ -290

50/84
Chicago White Sox* +2½ -290
Houston Astros* +2½ -250
Minnesota Twins* +2½ -235

200/210
Atlanta Braves* +2½ -500
Boston Red Sox* +2½ -515
Texas Rangers* +2½ -400
Detroit Tigers* +2½ -700

series plays outstanding
Atlanta Braves (3 Game Series)* -150 vs San Diego Padres (3 Game Series) x2

Los Angeles Angels (3 Game Series)* -105 vs Baltimore Orioles (3 Game Series) x1

parlay 3 series games 50/132
Atlanta Braves (3 Game Series)* -150 vs San Diego Padres (3 Game Series)
Texas Rangers (3 Game Series)* -190 vs Cleveland Indians (3 Game Series)
Seattle Mariners (3 Game Series)* -230 vs Houston Astros (3 Game Series)

adding Tuesday Series plays
San Francisco Giants (3 Game Series)* +105 vs Pittsburgh Pirates (3 Game Series) x Half

St. Louis Cardinals (3 Game Series)* -160 vs New York Mets (3 Game Series) x2

Colorado Rockies (3 Game Series)* -160 vs Washington Nationals (3 Game Series) x1

Oakland Athletics (3 Game Series)* -120 vs New York Yankees (3 Game Series) x1

Minnesota Twins (3 Game Series)* +105 vs Philadelphia Phillies (3 Game Series) x Half

parlay 50/192
St. Louis Cardinals (3 Game Series)* -160
Colorado Rockies (3 Game Series)* -160
Oakland Athletics (3 Game Series)* -120

parlay 20/64
San Francisco Giants (3 Game Series)* +105
Minnesota Twins (3 Game Series)* +105

thanks for the time you take to write these games up blood, I know it takes some time to do it right...always check your thread and your daily thoughts as most days I find aspects in a game that I missed with my own capping

thanks for the time you take to write these games up blood, I know it takes some time to do it right...always check your thread and your daily thoughts as most days I find aspects in a game that I missed with my own capping

Thank U Coach...that means a lot to the ole hound

Continued success this yr :shake:

blood gl with your bets I wish my book gave me the -1 run I would love to bet game's like that

Moose Thanks partner GL to U

d8... Love my -1 option...been playing them since 99 when Penny offered them, Lots of pushes and some think u should not be playing these because of that, but yr in and out, they save me a few coins overall GL d8
GO Spurs -1 and Over 187

Blood, Hope you understand my comment last week about betting with your heart on your beloved Braves was tongue in cheek on my part. I was merely yanking your chain. No one works harder than you in baseball and I am sure the whole board feels that way. Us old guys just need to spend a little more time at it than the young guns. You asked where I was. I am home this year. Accepted a position as caddie master but it was "at the end of the earth" so I passed. Like Texas and the Red Sox tonight and the wind is blowing out to left at 18 mph in KC-maybe an over 8 with juice in that one. GL tonight my friend.

blood over +300 units won unreal work great job if I was over +300 unit's. my bookmaker would have killed me for sure .I would have beaten him for about 1.000.000 keep up that great work chalk or underdog who cares when your winning like this your the best baby

Blood, Hope you understand my comment last week about betting with your heart on your beloved Braves was tongue in cheek on my part. I was merely yanking your chain. No one works harder than you in baseball and I am sure the whole board feels that way. Us old guys just need to spend a little more time at it than the young guns. You asked where I was. I am home this year. Accepted a position as caddie master but it was "at the end of the earth" so I passed. Like Texas and the Red Sox tonight and the wind is blowing out to left at 18 mph in KC-maybe an over 8 with juice in that one. GL tonight my friend.

Thanks for the feedback Raise. I dont apologize to anyone for being a Braves or a Bama fan. I just playem as I see them :)

I am sure the better half is happy u stayed home this yr but I know u also miss it.
I plan on spending a month in KeyWest, Christmas thru Jan so hopefully we can get together and do some 'sippin'
GL on ur plays tonite

blood over +300 units won unreal work great job if I was over +300 unit's. my bookmaker would have killed me for sure .I would have beaten him for about 1.000.000 keep up that great work chalk or underdog who cares when your winning like this your the best baby
just lucky my friend
my units are only a hundred and rarely play over 3 U in bases...except on my Braves maybe :) :)
college football will see me play quite a bit more

hittem hard brother

Good luck hound (and, FYI, I just circled Winnipeg on opening night June 27 - new system for Montreal now that Trestman's gone to the Bears, opening night in a brand spanking new stadium in Winnipeg, Montreal 2-7 ATS the last nine against Winnipeg, and 1-5 ATS the last six in Winnipeg : )

MrOb Thanks ..and I hope ur doing better that I am this yr GL tonite

Tim, Thanks partner

hugh...I was hoping that U would get into the CFL this yr.
I was surprised to see Alouettes hire 52-year-old Dan Hawkins replacing Trestman who accepted the head coach job of the NFL's Chicago Bears. I dont know their personnel well enough to say much but Hawkins will certainly fit in the CFL and open things up.
I'm depending on u to stay on top of things hugh Thanks and GL tonite.

and for those who dont plaY the CFL, there is coin to be made there, its just a little harded to get good info

P2W...damn, i love it when we agree GL

Pitt is 7-0 off a day off this year.

tuck, U were right...again :shake:

another down day losing all my larger plays going 6-13 on sides/par, 11-4 on totals, 18-17-1 -3.10 on the day not counting the Series plays which are fig on wk basis won the GS now 3 losing days in a row 309.30ytd

Back