Tuesday

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
YTD (24-16) 8.84 units 60%
Yesterday (3-3) -.17 units

Well I've said I flat bet everything, but listening to Killa and B.A.R. and knowing they love the play as well I've doubled up.

Nuggets -4 (-107) 2 Units ALSO
Nuggets -4 (-107) 1 Unit Saw this line running and I don't feel that JJ's absence tomorrow has been adjusted into the line tomorrow. Their is absolutely no confirmatino that he'll be out for sure, but I'm banking on it. I hope to play the Hawks at +4 +124 at some point and get back the -.17 units I lost yesterday. I'm completely comfortable playing the Nuggs for 3 units if the opportunity doens't present itself. Just taking a chance with a little middle. I only plan on including this in my % if I actually keep the bet and don't middle it. I'd like to hear some respected posters opinions if this is an honarable thing to do or if I need to claim a 1-1 record on the bet. If I have to claim 1-1 then I'd just refrain from posting it next time and actually do it.

I know the # is outdated but I posted that I played this in a couple of other threads when you could actually get this line. Hoping to cash out on my middle play soon as you can get +4 for +122 now. At this point you have to think the world is betting on JJ being out.

Leans (Note: I've been known to play against my leans and they are only initial thoughts.)

Rockets -2 (Hoping for +100 or better)
Kings/Warriors Under 214
Bucks/Sonics Under 207

3gamblers. Yep the whole world is on Denver. Could be a painful day for the books or alot of other people.

Finally got my Hawks +4 at +122. I'm sure I'm leaving money on the table as I see this line continuing to move, but my only goal of the middle was to re-coup the -.17 units I lost yesterday. Not something I typically do unless I'm extremely confident in the play that I may be stuck with. Still like to hear some thoughts from some people as far as the proper record keeping on the play. Rather not take the 1-1 record on the middle as I wouldn't post it otherwise.

JPicks said:
3gamblers. Yep the whole world is on Denver. Could be a painful day for the books or alot of other people.

Finally got my Hawks +4 at +122. I'm sure I'm leaving money on the table as I see this line continuing to move, but my only goal of the middle was to re-coup the -.17 units I lost yesterday. Not something I typically do unless I'm extremely confident in the play that I may be stuck with. Still like to hear some thoughts from some people as far as the proper record keeping on the play. Rather not take the 1-1 record on the middle as I wouldn't post it otherwise.
why grab the hawks at +4 +122 i think this line gets even higher before gametime

thecakeoff said:
why grab the hawks at +4 +122 i think this line gets even higher before gametime

I grabbed it at +122 because I only had one goal with the bet. Refer to the "it's a marathon, not a sprint". Once I could complete my goal of getting the .17 units back there was no reason to hold on anymore. Anything else would have been greedy and I'm working every day towards making this a more business approach rather than "gambling". And as I look this morning I can't even get +4 anymore so I'd be screwed. A good reason to have a matchbook account as well.

JPicks said:
I grabbed it at +122 because I only had one goal with the bet. Refer to the "it's a marathon, not a sprint". Once I could complete my goal of getting the .17 units back there was no reason to hold on anymore. Anything else would have been greedy and I'm working every day towards making this a more business approach rather than "gambling". And as I look this morning I can't even get +4 anymore so I'd be screwed. A good reason to have a matchbook account as well.
+4.5 +114 on pinny possible have a push and win by a hook still woulda waited denver could be 6.5 favs by gametime

thecakeoff said:
what is .17 units to you when you bet 1 and 2 units?

I wouldn't say it's actually about the .17 units when referring to the money. It's more about making an intelligent decision to pay for the stupid decision I made the previous day. Kind of a checks and balance thing. Over the year I'll make some decisions that are just plain dumb and anytime I have the opportunity to take back some money with good foresight I will.

JPicks said:
I wouldn't say it's actually about the .17 units when referring to the money. It's more about making an intelligent decision to pay for the stupid decision I made the previous day. Kind of a checks and balance thing. Over the year I'll make some decisions that are just plain dumb and anytime I have the opportunity to take back some money with good foresight I will.
o0o0o0

Adding:

Rockets -3 (+100) Line not moving in the direction I was hoping for. I also might be the only guy in the world that thinks this game has a good shot at going over. If the books really wanted everybody off the under they would have set this line the the 170's. Other than the line everything else leads me to think that this game should go under.

Sonics/Bucks Under 206 (+103)
One of these teams doesn't make it past 95. I'm not sure which team that is at this point, but I'd guess it's Seattle.

thecakeoff said:

Well no doubt did it go higher. :) Who would have thought this high though. I'm not sure what you could sell the Hawks at +4 on Mansion, but I'm sure it's much more than +122 like I got. Oh well.

Back