Tuesday NBA refs & notes...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
I'll start -

Officials tonight in Detroit are E. Rush, S. Foster, K. Mauer

Detroit G Chauncey Billups
Hamstring missed last game, "?" Tuesday vs Orlando.

Once again, Billups woke up Monday feeling better. The pain in his strained right hamstring, for the fifth straight day, seemed to have lessened. Yet, the odds of him playing in Game 5 tonight remain the same: 50-50...

San Antonio @ New Orleans...

Referees - J. Crawford, J. DeRosa, J. Forte

Counselor dont bet Detroit today- I swear they play more games on you than Britney spears plays- They dont show up, then you chase at half, and then they blow the other team out and win the original. lol.

AUBURN HILLS -- Chauncey Billups' strained right hamstring is not the only thing the 6-foot-3 guard must overcome before he returns to action.
Because Billups never has had a hamstring injury before, he also is dealing with the mental challenge athletes face when they return to action after a first-time injury.
"Chauncey's never (strained) a hamstring before," said Arnie Kander, Detroit's strength and conditioning coach. "So what happens, there has to be a comfort level and confidence (in the hamstring) that occurs. That's probably more important than anything."
Billups spent Monday working with Kander in various agility drills within a 15-foot space.
When asked about how Billups fared, Kander said, "played great defense, able to do lots of cuts, rotate, pivot ... no problems. Everything looked great; no problems. My key with this, no setbacks from day to day."
Since suffering the injury shortly into Detroit's 111-86 Game 3 loss at Orlando, Billups has shown steady progress.
"If you look at it three days ago, four days ago compared to today, night and day," Kander said. "Running good, feeling good ... you have to remember what I said the first day; the type of injury, the mechanism of injury, there are grades of hamstrings. This isn't a sprint-related hamstring (injury)."
Because of that, the timetable for the hamstring to fully recovery is quicker.
However, the amount of time it takes before Billups is comfortable and confident the injury has healed remains to be seen.
"When you've never had something, it's a whole different animal," Kander said. "If you're not used to it, how do I adjust my body? So what we're trying to do is give him his space and comfort level, letting him work through it, see how he feels the next day. But we've had no setbacks. He hasn't gotten sore. He comes in every morning feeling better, and that's great."
Hamilton set to break record
Richard Hamilton is on the verge of becoming the franchise's all-time leading scorer in the playoffs.
Making the record all that more improbable is the fact he has been able to do it in just six postseasons.
He needs just 10 points to tie Isiah Thomas' franchise record of 2,261 postseason points.
"To me, it's crazy," Hamilton said. "Zeke is Detroit. If you get an opportunity to pass him ... I don't even feel as though I've been here long enough. It's a great honor, a great accomplishment. I wouldn't be able to do it without winning games. That's the great thing about it."
Guarantee does not bother Detroit
The Pistons were not bothered or surprised by Orlando point guard Jameer Nelson guaranteeing the Magic would win Game 5 in Detroit.
"He has to feel that way, because it's win or go home for them," Hamilton said. "You just don't get caught up in that. We feel as though we want to go out and win the game, too."
Said Lindsey Hunter: "If that's how he feels, that's how he feels. I've been on the other end of the guarantee, too. I just laugh at those guys; even our own guys, too."
Prince receives honor
For the fourth consecutive season, Tayshaun Prince was named to the NBA's all-defensive second team. Chauncey Billups Rasheed Wallace and Richard Hamilton also received votes. Magic center Dwight Howard also was named to the all-defensive second team.

Someone give me some stats on these Refs please.
One sec

Meanwhile..what is Howard smoking

"Why should we be desperate? Why should we be down?" Howard asked in response to questions. "We've been down before, and we always came back. We know how to play. And if we play the right way, we're coming back here [to play]."..

Um, when?

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Overall</TD><TD class=datacell>36-41</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">184.5 or less</TD><TD class=datacell>3-4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">185-194.5</TD><TD class=datacell>11-15</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">195-204.5</TD><TD class=datacell>10-12
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">205+</TD><TD class=datacell>12-10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Overall</TD><TD class=datacell>37-41</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">184.5 or less</TD><TD class=datacell>5-3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">185-194.5</TD><TD class=datacell>13-16</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">195-204.5</TD><TD class=datacell>8-10</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">205+</TD><TD class=datacell>11-12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bro Howard is completely uncoordinated- he is so easy to cover, he just has the body of a Superhero action figure with the small waist and mammoth shoulders. If he does not dunk it he does nothing, he gets a few stupid goaltending calls on him too.

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Overall</TD><TD class=datacell>37-33</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">184.5 or less</TD><TD class=datacell>1-6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">185-194.5</TD><TD class=datacell>13-9</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">195-204.5</TD><TD class=datacell>7-10</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">205+</TD><TD class=datacell>16-8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thats in correlation to the spread since I know Marlo is looking at an elimination game under per Detroit's history

Sammy, you can't be serious about Howard being uncoordinated. He is over 7 feet tall. Once you get that big, your not as agile. He is probably the MOST cooridnated 7 footer in the league. Most people who get that big turn into stiffs.

explain the numbers please i still dont get it

Example. This is Scott Foster. He is a referee in Detroit tonight. These are the over/under stats for him this season.

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Overall</TD><TD class=datacell>36-41</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">184.5 or less</TD><TD class=datacell>3-4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">185-194.5</TD><TD class=datacell>11-15</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">195-204.5</TD><TD class=datacell>10-12
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">205+</TD><TD class=datacell>12-10
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The numbers in blue indicate that games where the total was "set" between 185-194.5 that the game went under 15 times and over 11 times in the 26 games he participated in.

Sammy, you can't be serious about Howard being uncoordinated. He is over 7 feet tall. Once you get that big, your not as agile. He is probably the MOST cooridnated 7 footer in the league. Most people who get that big turn into stiffs.

He can do crazy dunks, but has no fluidity to his game to score the ball. He is coordinated when he is flying in the air and making a spectacular dunk, but if you just feed him in the post he is so uncoordinated. I just have no confidence in him scoring on anything other than a dunk. The guy has not taken a jump shot this year. He has no turn around moves, and cannot pass either. To me that is a sign of the second coming of SHAQ. Except he does not weigh as much as SHAQ- He also blows so many dunks also in games.

yea D.Howard looks terrible on his hook shots and can pretty much only score if its a wide open dunk. If you put pressure or a body on him he tends to try draw a foul or just throw the ball up at the hoop.

Danny Crawford

Over/Under vs. the Total

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Overall</TD><TD class=datacell>46-48</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">184.5 or less</TD><TD class=datacell>6-7</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">185-194.5</TD><TD class=datacell>15-14</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">195-204.5</TD><TD class=datacell>6-12</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">205+</TD><TD class=datacell>19-15</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Home Team ATS</TD><TD class=datacell>45-48-1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Home Team W/L</TD><TD class=datacell>59-36</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Joe Derosa

Over/Under vs. the Total

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Overall</TD><TD class=datacell>43-32</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">184.5 or less</TD><TD class=datacell>3-4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">185-194.5</TD><TD class=datacell>17-10</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">195-204.5</TD><TD class=datacell>11-9</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">205+</TD><TD class=datacell>12-9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Home Team ATS</TD><TD class=datacell>48-26-2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Home Team W/L</TD><TD class=datacell>48-28</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Joe Forte

Over/Under vs. the Total

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Overall</TD><TD class=datacell>47-31</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">184.5 or less</TD><TD class=datacell>3-2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">185-194.5</TD><TD class=datacell>21-12</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">195-204.5</TD><TD class=datacell>10-6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">205+</TD><TD class=datacell>13-11</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Home Team ATS</TD><TD class=datacell>39-40-1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="40%">Home Team W/L</TD><TD class=datacell>48-32</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Some astonishing OVER stats (and in the 85-94.5 range) from DeRosa and Forte...

I've got NO even for the series for a decent sized bet and it's played out just as I see so far. See no reason why not to back them and OVER tonight as I expect Bonzi and the role players to step up and make big time plays again here. HCA is 15-1 in this playoff round and I see no reason why that changes tonight.

Dammit, BAR. Hoped to see you on Orlando ML tonight, not the Spurs...

Nelson's guarantee be damned, I still think they can win if Billups doesn't play.

Can someone please update in this thread if they hear anything? I'm getting conflicting reports from multiple good sources today about his status...

Thanks and GL...

Marlo - He participated in the shootaround this morning, and did some drills with the strength coach afterward. That I can confirm.

One guy said he looked very uncomfortable doing anything pushing off his left foot, and it figures to only to be worse with defense, so he is likely not to go.

Another guy said he ran some shooting drills afterward with the strength coach and sounded optimistic in talking to the media later, and that it will be a game-time decision but he is likely to give it a go.

Dammit, BAR. Hoped to see you on Orlando ML tonight, not the Spurs...

Nelson's guarantee be damned, I still think they can win if Billups doesn't play.

I think they can win as well. The key is to establish Howard. Even if they are stopping him, they cannot go away from that. Too many variables for me right now to play this game.

[FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Joe Dumars thinks Billups will play tonight[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
FREE PRESS STAFF REPORTS
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that he thinks Chauncey Billups, who missed Game 4 against the Magic with a strained hamstring, will play tonight in Game 5 at the Palace.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Dumars watched Billups in the this morning's team shootaround and liked what he saw.

"He was moving pretty good," Dumars told Ford. "I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think he's going to try to give it a go tonight. That's what it looks like. But he looked really good today in shootaround."

Billups missed the Pistons' 90-89 win over the Magic on Saturday. Detroit would eliminate Orlando with a win tonight and advance to its sixth consecutive Eastern Conference finals. Tonight's game tips off at 7.
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3394328" target="top">CLICK HERE FOR THE ENTIRE STORY[/FONT]

Detroit
Date Pos Player Injury Status
05/13 1:17pm G Chauncey Billups Hamstring is downgraded to doubtful Tuesday vs. Orlando

Just popped up on DB with corresponding movement on the line from 6.5 to 6 at most of the premium books on the screen.

Yep, he's definitely out. been busy stalking the umps but I got info on both sides earlier this afternoon...

He is inactive tonight. I am on the dog. GL in however you guys do it.

OVER looks good late with those refs and a bounceback spot for NOLA...

Back