Tuesday NBA discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
tomorrow's interests:
Detroit: Not sure i want to play this one as i don't like to lay points, but Charlotte is coming off a SU win in Washington in their last game. I've found success fading teams off of SU wins as dogs, but i'm not a fan of fading a team that could lose this game and still cover with relative ease. Also i don't trust the Pistons after they played so poorly at home for me against the Jazz earlier this year, but i think they play well at home at times while the Bobcats lay eggs on the road with a pretty high frequency.

...any thoughts on this one, it's the only one i'm really looking at for tomorrow's card

lakers ats looks interesting tomorrow. houston is on the dreaded 2nd game after a 5 game road trip angle. they will be at home and quite possibly the favorite in this matchup. lakers own the rockets ats historically...

tomorrow's interests:
Detroit: Not sure i want to play this one as i don't like to lay points, but Charlotte is coming off a SU win in Washington in their last game. I've found success fading teams off of SU wins as dogs, but i'm not a fan of fading a team that could lose this game and still cover with relative ease. Also i don't trust the Pistons after they played so poorly at home for me against the Jazz earlier this year, but i think they play well at home at times while the Bobcats lay eggs on the road with a pretty high frequency.

...any thoughts on this one, it's the only one i'm really looking at for tomorrow's card

they played Utah to double OT at home last yr- I wouldnt consider that too poorly
I honestly don't knwo what to think of this game. This doesn't seem too favorable a spot for Detroit off their road trip and going back on the road after this game. This one is a tough one for me

lakers ats looks interesting tomorrow. houston is on the dreaded 2nd game after a 5 game road trip angle. they will be at home and quite possibly the favorite in this matchup. lakers own the rockets ats historically...

no tmac/no artest= no way in hell they're favored
I think Houston has a shot at making this one a very competitive game esp early

Took 7.5 with the Bobcats for a strong play. Will be probably adding to that.

You guys don't like SAC +9 at home? Why would Orlando be fired up to blow out SAC after beating Spurs straight up. Also they play really well at home and K-mart's been killing...

Also nice two game chase against Miami I think. They are favored against red hot Wolves tonight and if they win this one they go to Milwaukee tomorrow night to play a rested and no fully healthy Bucks team...

Thoughts??

SF,

i meant cuz they didn't cover for me on 12/19 when i had them -3 and they folded down the stretch against Utah.

...i've learned that DJ Augustin is OUT while Felton has a rolled ankle which may keep him from 100% and Matt Carroll has some achilles injury that forced him to get an MRI the other day.

...some good factors for DET but i'm normally not interested in laying more than a possession in any sport

Maybe you should look at the Houston line up. Mutombo may play tonight as well and the Lakers have Spurs the next day. Would be an easy play on Rockets if they had not blown out their last opponent.

Bobcats? Bobcats and Brown lost twice at home where they reek to Detroit setting up double revenge. They are playing on the road where they are 10-6 ats. Detroit is playing at home where they are 6-11 ats. Can not get in to covers right now or I would count out their recent ats disasters after a su loss. Bobcats have 3 days off after this game so Larry has complete freedom to do anything he wants while Detroit plays Indiana a team they have had major issues with forever the next day. All situational angles favor the Bobcats.

Western teams off 5+ game road trips playing their 2nd game at home as a Dog vs Conference opponents are 2-10 ATS the last 5 completed seasons.

GL Houston with no Artest (who gives a shit about TMac.)

Maybe you should look at the Houston line up. Mutombo may play tonight as well and the Lakers have Spurs the next day. Would be an easy play on Rockets if they had not blown out their last opponent.

Still playing Houston IMO for LAL to lay -4 is absurd ...TMac and Artest have ben hurt all year and McGrady is a shell of what he was ...:cheers:

Detroit has had 5 B2Bs this season, sweeping 1 ATS and splitting the other 4 ATS. They've yet to lose both games ATS in a B2B series.

Don't know how it well end up but still like LAL laying a small # with no Artest. Agree McGrady is crap but ron will be missed big time in this game. Best team in West (by far) with a days rest against a mid level team missing possibly their best player. Sign me up. Know their down early. Don't care...

Back