Tuesday NBA Discussion

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Tuesday, March 17th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/17
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>551
552</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> ORLANDO
CLEVELAND</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>192½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/17
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>553
554</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> SACRAMENTO
ATLANTA</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>202½
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/17
5:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>555
556</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> BOSTON
CHICAGO</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
195½
5:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>557
558</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> DETROIT
DALLAS</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>188½
5:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>559
560</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> MINNESOTA
SAN ANTONIO</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>191½
6:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>561
562</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> WASHINGTON
UTAH</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>563
564</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> LA CLIPPERS
GOLDEN STATE</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>565
566</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> PHILADELPHIA
LA LAKERS</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>203
10½
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly the kind of game that Cavs need to kick them back into action after a sluggish West Coast trip and first home game back against the Knicks

Wizards 1st half.

care to elaborate?

Utah was the only thing I was eying. off 3 losses and a dissapointing road trip- finally back home where they dominate. Wash actually off a W. someone posted here about them aiming for 4 more wins and are planning them out, so I'm guessing at LAC is one the next day. So we have a pissed off Utah squad needing to fight their way back up the standings at home vs a happy Wash squad that may want to resevre energy for the game 2m. I can see why 1st H wash in that Utah loves to let teams of low quality hang for a half, but is this the best spot?

care to elaborate?

Utah was the only thing I was eying. off 3 losses and a dissapointing road trip- finally back home where they dominate. Wash actually off a W. someone posted here about them aiming for 4 more wins and are planning them out, so I'm guessing at LAC is one the next day. So we have a pissed off Utah squad needing to fight their way back up the standings at home vs a happy Wash squad that may want to resevre energy for the game 2m. I can see why 1st H wash in that Utah loves to let teams of low quality hang for a half, but is this the best spot?

I suppose I could have just as easily posted Utah 2nd half. Utah should pull off a comfortable 14 point victory, but what's the line going to be? This is a tired team that isn't going to put in more effort than they have to.

First thoughts. Utah and under and Chicago and under. At this point in the season objectives become clearer. Washington needs 3 more wins. They know one of them is not going to be in Utah. The next day they play at the Clippers which is a possible win. i expect them to shut up and take it and when they take itand Utah quickly builds a big lead things go into slow motion.
Boston is in a stupid spot here. i am not sure what they do but after Chicago they are at home against Miami. Losing to Miami would be unthinkable. 2 days later they play at the Spurs which is a true revenge game as well as a team they hate. So what are they going to do. Chicago is actually a good team especially at home. Use up their strength at Chicago and maybe win? i am not sure what they do but I have to think they may just forget this one and focus on Miami the next day and then the game at the Spurs. Because of this turnover problem they have lost 5 of their last 8 games. If they try they still may easily lose at Chicago and create a domino effect that they do not want to even consider.

Okur and Williams are questionable for Utah , right ? That 2nd H @ Orl concerns me and that line will be crazy high like 14.5 ..?

Okur and Williams are questionable for Utah , right ? That 2nd H @ Orl concerns me and that line will be crazy high like 14.5 ..?

Exactly why I say just wait until half to bet them if you like them. They won't be up by more than 4 or 5 and you should get a -7.5 for a 2nd half line. Obviously just guessing with #'s, but I think you get the point. See them coming out a little shell shocked after the 5 game EC swing with two of those games being early starts.

nice to get a short number in cleveland for once. a big chalk ML parlay should work: Utah, LA, SA and one more
Atlanta? it would move the parlay to even money, bt not sure I can trust atlanta. Sac can get hot- but it only seems to happen at home
Cleveland- would make the parlay +money, and cmon cleveland not losin at hom

The thing about boston here is the line just makes it so easy to take CHI. I mean getting a couple points how do we pass on them? Boston was 6.5 @ Milw on the open and lost SU , clearly picking their spots to play as you said , why are they still favored and more then the Hornets ??

Kings showed heart IMO @ Wash and think despite the loss they feel good about themselves these days . See no reason why ATL doing real well here is capable of smoking Sac by DDs . Kings played them fairly well after the break in SAC losing by 5 . Hawks win but only like 4-7 points IMO

Cavs line looks high as well . CLE is garbage IMO these days . Dont get me wrong they are very solid but they peaked IMO . Living off the insane run they had midseason . They arent sluggish IMO and they wont lose games vs bad or avg teams because they can just turn it on late and pull out wins( nice to have a KING on your roster) . Which they did in just about every road game recently think ATL , Miami , LAC and SAC . Not a fan of CLE these days but think only 2 ways to play it magic ML or CLE -6, no inbewteens...Knicks didnt even have Duhon and their bench is thin w/o nate

Interesting game with SA. Little scared to fade them today because usually more of win the front end of a B2B team but off a loss they are interesting . Problem is Minny has 3 days off I believe . SAS will use its bench more I assume...not sure here..

Regardless of who plays think I am on DET here . Off an embarrassing SU loss and Dallas of a tough trip and Jason terry's gunslinging hiding how poor they actually played IMO....way to many points especially if Josh is still out

Not sure of a side in LAL because LA is not putting teams down and Sixers couldnt even blow out a tired heat team till the 4th Quarter ......Over though IMO

LAC off a buzzzer beater could be flat on the road . However I am guessing they undervalue GSW here . Like I mentioned GSW was -3 to NJ and PHO and even -3 @ GSW last meeting . LAC is getting healthy and GSW is w.o Biedrins but has to be at least -7.5 IMO anything shorter looks soft IMO ....BDiddy back in GSW as well is the revenge of the Warriors week ?

preliminary ideas..:cheers:

Exactly why I say just wait until half to bet them if you like them. They won't be up by more than 4 or 5 and you should get a -7.5 for a 2nd half line. Obviously just guessing with #'s, but I think you get the point. See them coming out a little shell shocked after the 5 game EC swing with two of those games being early starts.

good point. Not sure what I expect out of Utah in this game . Sitting those 2 could be a blessing for them because the role players are grinders . :shake:

These are the games Washington has played on the road this year after a win.
77-97 Miami no cover
89-87 win at Houston
80-89 loss at Orlando cover
85-97 at NO cover
89-119 gs No cover
97-117 Lakers no cover 0ver
90-111 Atl no cover over
107-96 win at NJ over
93-109 Bucks no cover
3 games went over and 2 of those were by 2 point margins or less so under was 6-3. They won 2 games and they covered 2 more.

SAS 5-1 to Under off a SU loss since Ginobli went down.

Minny is 7-2 to Under since their season high 8 game Over streak, which itself topped a 24-8 paid out to Over streak (all the bettors conditioned by that 32 game streak have had a hole burnt in their pockets recently - Spurs in a spot to see it continue to burn).

Orlando at Cleveland Not easy to pick a side here. Orlando has been hitting teams in great spots so easy to overestimate and Cleveland was just using Knicks as a practice game but has not been playing well. If limited to 1 bet its over. Cleveland has been held to 88, 86 and 90 points against this team. not any more. This is far from friendly and I see it going over.
Laker game would be Lakers. Simple play on the home team. Kobe has taken a lot from that town and they are playing with the big dogs so they are fair game for a whipping. Let me make this clear. Philadelphia might cover this game. if they do its because they played very well which is possible. They get NO favors here. The Lakers will try and nail them.

Last edited:
Have not looked at Dallas but looking at Chicago should be good. Salmons and Miller have clear memories and will be very motivated. Last 2 games Miller has started moving into the role I imagined for him. Point center which should really help that team.

Agree, too bad there's not many games left in this season. Chicago should definitely be a dominating team and should have no problem making the playoffs next year.

Before I go to sleep ..

As I said IMO the only way to play the Cavs game is lay the points or ORL ML . Looking at how bad ORL has owned CLE recently have to think that is incentive enough here for an A game. Mo Williams playing well after a mini slump as well is key .

Also DET lost by 20 something at home to Dallas in late JAN . More importantly is the fact DAL played 4 games out West (pretty tough ones) and comes home for just this one before heading out for 2 more road games . Just a day after LAL game and havent played consecutive home games since the 1st of the Month or what will be 10 games ago...rough spot for DAL after playing shorthanded as well really like DET off a SU home loss after 2 OT battles they split...

Also WOLVES have plated SAS fairly tough past few times and SA with 2 days off and some key games to follow while Wolves on 3 days rest a rarity at this point ...2nd H Wolves ??:cheers:

Orlando has alternated total results for it's last 10 games (Under last time out), and is 13-4 to Over of it's last 17 Under results.

Will be on the Kings. Still thinking about the first half. Kings are 5-1 ats last 6 in first game of series. Bibby was a deeply respected star in Sacramento and was well received when Atlanta won 105-100 earlier this season. Since he has left, the game margins between the teams have been 6 and 5 points. Atlanta as a over 8 fav is 4-4. The times they covered they have had serious motivation and there is none here. this is very reminiscent of Kings at Houston and their ex coach. Atlanta does have a major enemy coming up in the form of Dallas.
Just went over to the Sac newspaper and read what i should have already known. The last 4 losses by the Kings were by a total of 14 points. This seems a strong play.
May put a little on Kings first half just as a routine against Atlanta but honestly think in principle it is poor. This game is set up for the game to cover. first half is unnecessary risk.
Do not want to get silly here but Kings will be 1.5 or 2 units.

Last edited:

Line opens up at 16 and that's with both of those guys being questionable. Don't see how it could go up from here. 14/13.5 seemed more reasonable to me.

Does chicago push the ball on offense? Celts are still without garnett, their best defensive player. i know celts offensive has not been to good recently but i dont see chicago as a defensive team either. Celts played early sunday, so basically have 2 days rest before tonights game, dont think milwaukee is too far from chicago ( i may be wrong)... think they come out with some more energy on the offensive end. looking at over 195.. thoughts??

Butler is doubtful for WASH as well which slipped my mind so I guess then the line is about right . Figure they would go higher then shorter . STill not sure what I do would actually like to see the 2 stars out and play Utah ..

Sticking with Sac , Cle(probably max play) and Det so far .

Really same ideas as last night ..

be back later:cheers:

Last edited:
Line opens up at 16 and that's with both of those guys being questionable. Don't see how it could go up from here. 14/13.5 seemed more reasonable to me.

Off topic but they are making a movie about BLINK titled BLINK with Leo DiCaprio just noticed...

Crawford is also out.

Nellie :whip:Crawford

See now this is where Nellie makes you scratch your head . Dont mind the rest so much for someone doesnt fit in and vs lesser teams . Just the fact that SJax is suspended today leaves them then but guess Marco is going to play ..This happens in the majors in SEPT but just feels different inthe NBA

SJax (suspended for To many Tech's)
Crawford ( rest for 2 games , doubtful today , so the youngsters can play and audition)
Biedrins (already OUT)

Well lots of unknowns in this game ..

Expected about -7 / -7.5 and guess the 2 absences could be worth about 4.5 pts so they opened it real short IMO at -1.5 still but mow -2.5 seems accurate

Hard to not play GSW overs though . Nellie is going to make the youngsters play his way which should lead to high scoring affairs. The line has dropped IMO as an adjustment to the Crawford being out news after SJax was suspended(which was known) ..

Celts health is first priority.....not wins

CHICAGO - The Celtics [team stats] no longer have to worry about Orlando breathing down their neck in the Eastern Conference race. The Magic now are nearly astride them - even in the loss column and just one win away.
Looking ahead to Cleveland has been replaced by the desire to maintain what the Celts have. But for a team that has begun to stumble badly under the weight of its injuries, the Green remain stunningly confident.
“You know what? My attitude is that wherever we fall, that’s where it’s going to be,” Paul Pierce [stats] said after yesterday’s practice at Moody Bible Institute. “Regardless of how hard the road may look from whatever seed we get, it’s going to be hard anyway to win a back-to-back championship. So whether we’ve got to go on the road the first three rounds or starting with the second round or however we’ve got to do it, we feel confident that when this team is healthy we can get the job done.

“We’re not ready to push the panic button or anything, but definitely we want to get homecourt advantage throughout the whole playoffs. It’s just about us picking up our play and playing better basketball and stop letting these games slip away.”
Slippage was very much on the minds of Doc Rivers and his staff when they put the Celts through an intense session under the scheduling circumstances. With 10 available bodies, the C’s ran through sets and scrimmaged in a workout that lasted more than 75 minutes.
“I just don’t think we’re playing very well,” said Rivers, whose lads turned the ball over 25 times in Sunday’s 86-77 loss in Milwaukee. “So that’s what you do when you don’t play well; you practice hard. We played awful. We were in slow motion the whole game - didn’t set a pick the entire game, didn’t move the ball the entire game. We just showed up and thought we were going to win. You’ve got to play.
“We’re playing desperate teams. Milwaukee’s desperate. Chicago’s desperate. We’re not, but we should be.”
Too often lately, the C’s forget how easy their life is when they push the ball up the floor and move it freely.
“I talked about that at halftime (Sunday) because it was evident just watching Milwaukee,” Ray Allen said. “They moved the ball and didn’t care who got the shot, and it forced our defense to shift a lot. When we pass the ball, we get good shots and we make the defense work. At halftime, we had more turnovers than assists, and I sat in the locker room and said, ‘Fellas, this is our negative trait when we lose games. We have more turnovers than we have assists.’ When we have 25-30 assists, that’s when we win games.
“Me, Paul and Rajon (Rondo), the three of us have the ball in our hands the majority of the time right now. I’m not going to say anyone was purposely trying to win the game by themselves, but sometimes it just takes watching film. You know, you fall into ruts, and then you have to have to watch film and see what you’re doing and see how teams are playing you. I think that’s the case.”
Squandering games can be maddening for a team that needs all the home playoff games it can get, but Rivers still is confident.
“Whatever happens happens,” he said. “We don’t (want to give it away), but that’s why you play the whole season. We’ll see where it lies at the end and we’ll be ready to play. My goal, as it was last year, is that come April and the playoffs, be ready. Obviously I thought homecourt was very important. I think it is this year, but I think we’re a better team in some ways for handling that.
“If we’re going to win it, we’ve got to play good teams. So I couldn’t care less about the seedings. And the best thing about us over the NCAA is we determine the seedings. We don’t let somebody in a room determine them.”
Celtics notes
Eddie House, who twisted his left ankle late in the Milwaukee game, didn’t practice yesterday, but he plans to be available against the Bulls tonight.
“I’ve been getting ice and treatment,” he said. “I’ll give it a go (today) and see what’s up. It should be all right. It feels OK. I could have played on it, but Eddie (Lacerte, the trainer) told me not to. I just feel blessed that the X-rays were negative.”

And there it goes right down to 15.

Overlooked that Wash beat Utah at home already this season . So anytime an inferior team (clearly inferior is what I look for ) gets a WIN then I do look for that payback situation next meeting .

Last year in UTAH it was UGLY ! Wasnt really an sort of situational aspect to it that I can see on the surface.

Mason and Stevenson were the backcourt with Butler also missing because of injuries so possibly even a better WASH team then todays version. The fact they barely beat and hung on vs SAC certainly wasnt a positive IMO . They did lay a solid 1st H but still after the break they are NJNETesque..or maybe its vice versa..

AK-47 and Ronnie Brewer missed for Utah . Even if the 2 stars were rested we would have these 2 who didnt play last year..

SCORE
127-89 (-9 / 211 spread and total)

Williams 5/11 , 2/5 treys 12 pts but 16 dimes . Only 28 minutes

Okur 5/11 , 3/7 treys ,3/4Fts 16 pts 9boards. Only 30 minutes

Scary is the rest of the team was 40/62 and 10/14 from three !!

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=8>Recent Meetings</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b width="12%">Date</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="27%">Home/Away</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="10%">Line</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="12%">O/U</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="8%">Mar</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="11%">Home FG</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Away FG</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Reb</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>11/12/08</TD><TD class=datacell>WAS 95 - UTA 87</TD><TD class=datacell>WAS 4.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 196.5</TD><TD class=datacell>12.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>29/71</TD><TD class=datacell>33/76</TD><TD class=datacell>42-37</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>03/31/08</TD><TD class=datacell>UTA 129 - WAS 87</TD><TD class=datacell>UTA -9</TD><TD class=datacell>O 211</TD><TD class=datacell>33.0 </TD><TD class=datacell>50/84</TD><TD class=datacell>30/68</TD><TD class=datacell>40-23</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wash is 2-8-2 L12 away as pups..0-8 ATS away vs teams with 600%+ winning% , 0-8-1 ATS L9 away vs teams with winning records , just 6-20-2 L28 as dogs..

Utah is 6-2 ATS L8 returning home from a trip of 7 + days( more important would be how much rest they had though as some may have been 2 days rather then 1 day here)

Also 32-15-1 L48 at home vs teams with losing records

Wiz 5-27 SU away vs Utah 28-6 SU at home

Wash @
Wolves +4 SU WIN
Dal +12.5 lost by 16
SAS +12.5 lost by 22
OKC +5 lost by 5(Durant and Green out)
Bucks +6.5 (lost by 16)
NJN +7 SU WIN( NJ had beaten them by 27 at home recently and NJ came back from a tough trip if I recall)
Char +8 lost by 11
ATL +9 lost by 21
Philly +10 lost by 10
Miami +8.5 lost by 22
Port +9.5 lost by 14
LAL +14 lost by 20
Sac SU WIN
GSW +4.5 lost by 21
NYK +4.5 lost by 6
Chi +4.5 lost by 12
Orl +12.5 lost by 9 (only ATS win but SU loss)
Boston +14.5 lost by 25

Games since the 1st of the year on the road.
18 games = 3 wins 15 losses = 4 ATS Wins 12 Losses 2 PUSHes(1-4-1 ATS as DD dogs)

As you can see I am slowly talking myself into wanting play UTAH here and think the possible bonus of Dwill and Okur being absent could get this line down to about 11ish...

:shake:

Good post Ret ,

Probably pass or play Boston here . The Bulls have been fantastic to me at home recently but this just seems to easy here to play them. Still dont get how they open this -2.5 after Milw was -6.5 bet to -5.5 and closed -6 . Which Boston lost SU . Bulls opened -1 vs NOH and would guess that NOH and Bost grade pretty equal in terms of line strength / value ( would be abouta PK on a neutral court is what I am saying ) ..

So how does this open -2.5 when Chi opened -1 vs essentially the same type opponent ? Worse is Boston lost and Chi whopped NOH that day which closed at +2.

Boston is 6-0 vs CHI since the big trades for Boston. Also 6-0 ATS as chalk everytime of 5.5 or more with the smallest margin 11 pts in the 1st meeting @ Chi

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=8>Recent Meetings</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b width="12%">Date</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="27%">Home/Away</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="10%">Line</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="12%">O/U</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="8%">Mar</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="11%">Home FG</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Away FG</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Reb</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>12/19/08</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS 126 - CHI 108</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS -12</TD><TD class=datacell>O 196</TD><TD class=datacell>6.0 </TD><TD class=datacell>50/84</TD><TD class=datacell>43/85</TD><TD class=datacell>35-31</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>10/31/08</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS 96 - CHI 80</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS -10</TD><TD class=datacell>U 189.5</TD><TD class=datacell>6.0 </TD><TD class=datacell>32/73</TD><TD class=datacell>25/84</TD><TD class=datacell>49-44</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>04/01/08</TD><TD class=datacell>CHI 92 - BOS 106</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS -7.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 200</TD><TD class=datacell>6.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>30/72</TD><TD class=datacell>35/71</TD><TD class=datacell>33-45</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>03/07/08</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS 116 - CHI 93</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS -11.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 198.5</TD><TD class=datacell>11.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>18/37</TD><TD class=datacell>16/44</TD><TD class=datacell>27-17</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>12/21/07</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS 107 - CHI 82</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS -9.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 181</TD><TD class=datacell>15.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>31/70</TD><TD class=datacell>27/76</TD><TD class=datacell>46-40</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>12/08/07</TD><TD class=datacell>CHI 81 - BOS 92</TD><TD class=datacell>BOS -5.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 184</TD><TD class=datacell>5.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>31/86</TD><TD class=datacell>33/64</TD><TD class=datacell>37-45</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Granted the best time for CHI to beat them is clearly here .....

Simply torn as I think one of these teams smokes the other . Easy guess is Chi does based on recent play but for some reason I dont buy it . Mostly because of the line they opened with...

Bulls 6-0 SU and ATS at home since the break with all wins by 15 points minus the insane 4th Q comeback vs Houston off a huge win streak . Which CHI closed that game as -1 pt favs . So again why open Boston -2.5 ???????????? This Boston version is better then that Houston team 2 weeks ago ?

Really starting to talk myself into a play on Boston. You can see they are pissed at their play on Sunday and good vet teams make adjustments quickly . I think Ray is admitting that Rondo , Paul and himself are trying to do to much and will look to defer more tonight ...

:cheers:maybe Boston ML ? Dont get me wrong the pro-Bulls arguements here are all accurate IMO so I dont disagree with any of it ..

Leaning Orl+6. Cavs in revenge spot, but haven't impressed lately. Magic have lost by more than 6 points on the road 3 times this season. Should be a tight game. Other leans to Boston, Detroit & the Clippers ml (gulp). Still sifting through totals

Boston is also 1-8 ATS (4-5 SU) the last 9 games since trouncing the tired Nuggets in DEN. They are only 1-3 SU away and 0-4 ATS . Boston other slump was a 2-7 stretch SU that included 7 road games .

Also I know Rondo missed as well in Miami but they were 4pt dogs as well . Miami and CHI also grade very similiar IMO . Essentially equal IMO although CHI road record would hurt them on a neutral court . Anyway that again is 6.5 pt difference in lines ....

The way I see it is Bulls should be about -1.5 and if Boston is just that much of a public darling then a PK ....

Also C's "new" big three were 8-36 from the floor @ Milw , the team missed 11 of 35 FTs , had 25 turnovers and lost by just 7 points ! Milw actually hit 24-27 FTs so those 8 extra shots and 11 misses were essentially the difference

Leaning Orl+6. Cavs in revenge spot, but haven't impressed lately. Magic have lost by more than 6 points on the road 3 times this season. Should be a tight game. Other leans to Boston, Detroit & the Clippers ml (gulp). Still sifting through totals

Feel the same way about CLE except like them here . They have turned it on when they needed to in these games rallying from big defecits at ATL , Miami , LAC and SAC . Mo Williams is starting to play well again the past 2 , West missed a game or two , Z broke his nose out WEST , Lebron was banged up ...

I kinda think they peaked but ORL has been catching teams at the right time and dont think today will be one .....again another line that could have been shorter IMO . I though NYK was VERY short especially with Duhon missing . Would have expected 12/13 not 10 . So now NYK is 10 and CLE loses ATS but ORL is -6 ..?? CLE my biggest play of the day up to -7 ....:cheers:

Wow, Cleveland at -6 looks great here. Another excellent spot.

Detroit at +5.5 looks real solid as well. Mavs in a tough spot and Detroit just didn't show up for a half the other day. Even MC was giving them a ripping after. It was a dissapointing effort no doubt.

Utah Jazz: Brewer oversleeps, late for shootaround, won't start tonight
By Jody Genessy
Deseret News
Published: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:42 p.m. MDT
0 comments SHARE | E-MAIL | PRINT | FONT + -
Because he woke up late and then showed up tardy to this morning's team shootaround, shooting guard Ronnie Brewer will not be in the Utah Jazz's starting rotation for tonight's game against the Washington Wizards.

The Jazz will, however, have point guard Deron Williams and center Mehmet Okur on the court at tipoff time. Williams (bruised right fibula) and Okur (mild right ankle sprain) were previously considered game-time decisions after suffering minor injuries Sunday at Orlando, but have since been given the green light to play.

Brewer's availability, on the other hand, is up in the air after he arrived tardy because the usual starter said he "just overslept."

"I guess mistakes happen," Brewer said, "and you've got to pay for your mistakes."

Brewer eventually made it to the shootaround, but as per team policy, the Jazz deemed it necessary to take punitive action because he broke the team rule.

"It was not an excused lateness," Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor said. "The whole key is if somebody is late for work, there's got to be accountability. There's got to be a consequence."

O'Connor said it will be up to coach Jerry Sloan whether or not Brewer will see any playing time tonight. He did not divulge if Brewer had also been fined for his unexcused tardiness.

Brewer not starting, Okur and Deron in

Utah Jazz: Brewer oversleeps, late for shootaround, won't start tonight
By Jody Genessy
Deseret News
Published: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:42 p.m. MDT
0 comments SHARE | E-MAIL | PRINT | FONT + -
Because he woke up late and then showed up tardy to this morning's team shootaround, shooting guard Ronnie Brewer will not be in the Utah Jazz's starting rotation for tonight's game against the Washington Wizards.

The Jazz will, however, have point guard Deron Williams and center Mehmet Okur on the court at tipoff time. Williams (bruised right fibula) and Okur (mild right ankle sprain) were previously considered game-time decisions after suffering minor injuries Sunday at Orlando, but have since been given the green light to play.

Brewer's availability, on the other hand, is up in the air after he arrived tardy because the usual starter said he "just overslept."

"I guess mistakes happen," Brewer said, "and you've got to pay for your mistakes."

Brewer eventually made it to the shootaround, but as per team policy, the Jazz deemed it necessary to take punitive action because he broke the team rule.

"It was not an excused lateness," Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor said. "The whole key is if somebody is late for work, there's got to be accountability. There's got to be a consequence."

O'Connor said it will be up to coach Jerry Sloan whether or not Brewer will see any playing time tonight. He did not divulge if Brewer had also been fined for his unexcused tardiness.

Off topic but they are making a movie about BLINK titled BLINK with Leo DiCaprio just noticed...

:shake: Certainly will see that one even though I'm not much of a movie guy. Hope it's done well.

Celts health is first priority.....not wins

CHICAGO - The Celtics [team stats] no longer have to worry about Orlando breathing down their neck in the Eastern Conference race. The Magic now are nearly astride them - even in the loss column and just one win away.
Looking ahead to Cleveland has been replaced by the desire to maintain what the Celts have. But for a team that has begun to stumble badly under the weight of its injuries, the Green remain stunningly confident.
“You know what? My attitude is that wherever we fall, that’s where it’s going to be,” Paul Pierce [stats] said after yesterday’s practice at Moody Bible Institute. “Regardless of how hard the road may look from whatever seed we get, it’s going to be hard anyway to win a back-to-back championship. So whether we’ve got to go on the road the first three rounds or starting with the second round or however we’ve got to do it, we feel confident that when this team is healthy we can get the job done.

“We’re not ready to push the panic button or anything, but definitely we want to get homecourt advantage throughout the whole playoffs. It’s just about us picking up our play and playing better basketball and stop letting these games slip away.”
Slippage was very much on the minds of Doc Rivers and his staff when they put the Celts through an intense session under the scheduling circumstances. With 10 available bodies, the C’s ran through sets and scrimmaged in a workout that lasted more than 75 minutes.
“I just don’t think we’re playing very well,” said Rivers, whose lads turned the ball over 25 times in Sunday’s 86-77 loss in Milwaukee. “So that’s what you do when you don’t play well; you practice hard. We played awful. We were in slow motion the whole game - didn’t set a pick the entire game, didn’t move the ball the entire game. We just showed up and thought we were going to win. You’ve got to play.
“We’re playing desperate teams. Milwaukee’s desperate. Chicago’s desperate. We’re not, but we should be.”
Too often lately, the C’s forget how easy their life is when they push the ball up the floor and move it freely.
“I talked about that at halftime (Sunday) because it was evident just watching Milwaukee,” Ray Allen said. “They moved the ball and didn’t care who got the shot, and it forced our defense to shift a lot. When we pass the ball, we get good shots and we make the defense work. At halftime, we had more turnovers than assists, and I sat in the locker room and said, ‘Fellas, this is our negative trait when we lose games. We have more turnovers than we have assists.’ When we have 25-30 assists, that’s when we win games.
“Me, Paul and Rajon (Rondo), the three of us have the ball in our hands the majority of the time right now. I’m not going to say anyone was purposely trying to win the game by themselves, but sometimes it just takes watching film. You know, you fall into ruts, and then you have to have to watch film and see what you’re doing and see how teams are playing you. I think that’s the case.”
Squandering games can be maddening for a team that needs all the home playoff games it can get, but Rivers still is confident.
“Whatever happens happens,” he said. “We don’t (want to give it away), but that’s why you play the whole season. We’ll see where it lies at the end and we’ll be ready to play. My goal, as it was last year, is that come April and the playoffs, be ready. Obviously I thought homecourt was very important. I think it is this year, but I think we’re a better team in some ways for handling that.
“If we’re going to win it, we’ve got to play good teams. So I couldn’t care less about the seedings. And the best thing about us over the NCAA is we determine the seedings. We don’t let somebody in a room determine them.”
Celtics notes
Eddie House, who twisted his left ankle late in the Milwaukee game, didn’t practice yesterday, but he plans to be available against the Bulls tonight.
“I’ve been getting ice and treatment,” he said. “I’ll give it a go (today) and see what’s up. It should be all right. It feels OK. I could have played on it, but Eddie (Lacerte, the trainer) told me not to. I just feel blessed that the X-rays were negative.”

:shake: Appreciate the article.

Overlooked that Wash beat Utah at home already this season . So anytime an inferior team (clearly inferior is what I look for ) gets a WIN then I do look for that payback situation next meeting .

Last year in UTAH it was UGLY ! Wasnt really an sort of situational aspect to it that I can see on the surface.

Mason and Stevenson were the backcourt with Butler also missing because of injuries so possibly even a better WASH team then todays version. The fact they barely beat and hung on vs SAC certainly wasnt a positive IMO . They did lay a solid 1st H but still after the break they are NJNETesque..or maybe its vice versa..

AK-47 and Ronnie Brewer missed for Utah . Even if the 2 stars were rested we would have these 2 who didnt play last year..

SCORE
127-89 (-9 / 211 spread and total)

Williams 5/11 , 2/5 treys 12 pts but 16 dimes . Only 28 minutes

Okur 5/11 , 3/7 treys ,3/4Fts 16 pts 9boards. Only 30 minutes

Scary is the rest of the team was 40/62 and 10/14 from three !!

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=8>Recent Meetings</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b width="12%">Date</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="27%">Home/Away</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="10%">Line</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="12%">O/U</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="8%">Mar</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="11%">Home FG</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Away FG</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Reb</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>11/12/08</TD><TD class=datacell>WAS 95 - UTA 87</TD><TD class=datacell>WAS 4.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 196.5</TD><TD class=datacell>12.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>29/71</TD><TD class=datacell>33/76</TD><TD class=datacell>42-37</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>03/31/08</TD><TD class=datacell>UTA 129 - WAS 87</TD><TD class=datacell>UTA -9</TD><TD class=datacell>O 211</TD><TD class=datacell>33.0 </TD><TD class=datacell>50/84</TD><TD class=datacell>30/68</TD><TD class=datacell>40-23</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wash is 2-8-2 L12 away as pups..0-8 ATS away vs teams with 600%+ winning% , 0-8-1 ATS L9 away vs teams with winning records , just 6-20-2 L28 as dogs..

Utah is 6-2 ATS L8 returning home from a trip of 7 + days( more important would be how much rest they had though as some may have been 2 days rather then 1 day here)

Also 32-15-1 L48 at home vs teams with losing records

Wiz 5-27 SU away vs Utah 28-6 SU at home

Wash @
Wolves +4 SU WIN
Dal +12.5 lost by 16
SAS +12.5 lost by 22
OKC +5 lost by 5(Durant and Green out)
Bucks +6.5 (lost by 16)
NJN +7 SU WIN( NJ had beaten them by 27 at home recently and NJ came back from a tough trip if I recall)
Char +8 lost by 11
ATL +9 lost by 21
Philly +10 lost by 10
Miami +8.5 lost by 22
Port +9.5 lost by 14
LAL +14 lost by 20
Sac SU WIN
GSW +4.5 lost by 21
NYK +4.5 lost by 6
Chi +4.5 lost by 12
Orl +12.5 lost by 9 (only ATS win but SU loss)
Boston +14.5 lost by 25

Games since the 1st of the year on the road.
18 games = 3 wins 15 losses = 4 ATS Wins 12 Losses 2 PUSHes(1-4-1 ATS as DD dogs)

As you can see I am slowly talking myself into wanting play UTAH here and think the possible bonus of Dwill and Okur being absent could get this line down to about 11ish...

I'd have a hard time playing Washington under any circumstances. Probably just going to pass on the game unless I can get a full game # at 12 or under at half. I'd probably be inclined to take a deeper look at Utah 2nd quarter if it wasn't for the fact that Brewer is not starting tonight and may break up the 2nd unit.

:cheers:his is a small test to see how smart is your right foot?ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
1.While sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.<O:p></O:p>
2.Now, while doing this, draw the number “6” in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

Happy St. Patty's<O:p></O:p>

We see here the bane of internet forums. The purpose is to make money. That is the root of what we are here for. And in most cases we spend vast amounts of time trying to decide low equity positions instead of looking for the fundamentally Strong bets that no one looks for or is even aware of. The people that find them---what do you do? If you say anything it is a week before it is posted all over the internet by multiple Discoverers and the books adjust the number and the value is gone. And then we can go back to debating Detroit at Dallas. :4_6_202v:

you are good at speaking in riddles...though i will try to interject the use of the word bane in my life at least once a week

:cheers:his is a small test to see how smart is your right foot?ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
1.While sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.<O:p></O:p>
2.Now, while doing this, draw the number “6” in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

Happy St. Patty's<O:p></O:p>

:angry::angry::angry:

I feel like an idiot

isnt it Nelly who does not care about games, like today, and saves his players for "bigger" games like the Lakers up next.

Feeling abit under the weather still and realy never finished up looking at this card ...

With Turk out for ORL that kinda changes the dynamics of the situation for me. Still believe in the ORL ML or Cavs minus the points angle just not making a huge play on CLE for now . Keep it normal sized and see what happens in the 1st H although thats not exactly wisesince Cavs at home in the 1st H is super strong ...lean over 192

Played Sac +12 and lean under which I might add ..

Played Det .

Looking at LAC +3

At the moment off Utah because I wanted to see at least 1 of the 2 players sit out and drop the line . Could go 1st H maybe just dont know to be honest

Still lean Boston and Wolves 2nd H more then game . Also the West Coast overs look solid ...

Should be back but GL :cheers:

Back