Tuesday NBA Discussion

mossberg.500

Pretty much a regular
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Tuesday, April 14th
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>04/14
4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>701
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>MIAMI
ATLANTA
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

190½
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>04/14
5:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>703
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>BOSTON
PHILADELPHIA
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>04/14
7:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>705
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>UTAH
LA LAKERS
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
lets go boston. d rose putting an entire team of losers on his back and carrying them at age of 20.

the more I think about these games, I not doubt I get money down on Utah. horrible road team, horrible on b2bs, put together... also no okur. Lakers bench > Utah starters

phillys gonna be a huge play tonite...my guess is its going to be the exact same game as teh bucks/magic last nite

This is really interesting, three potential first round matchups on the docket. Do you try to send a message if you're LA or BOS and take some of the heart out of your opponent now? Or do you take it easy and let them have their way knowing it will be a good revenge tool for your guys when the playoffs actually begin?

NBA - Apr 14

4:05 PM
701 MIAMI +9-110 o193-110 +395
702 ATLANTA -9-110 u193-110 -475

5:05 PM
703 BOSTON +2-110 o191-110 +115
704 PHILADELPHIA -2-110 u191-110 -135

7:35 PM
705 UTAH +8-110 o210-110 +325
706 LA LAKERS -8-110 u210-110 -385

Wow. Played the Under 192 on the hawks and hit refresh and the line is 190.5. Crazy movement. Kid must have his runners out there all already pounding that thing.

Jazz +8/+325, Hawks/Heat Under 192, and Sixers -3 for me tonight.

Looks like Vegas is expecting tank jobs from Boston and Miami and a straightup effort from the Lakers.

bleh got on Philly -4 -105. horrible line considering it opened -2, but I guess nothing I can do

great job JP on the openers. All the bets make sense:

miami/atlanta- who is gonna bring anything here? Why show your stuff a couple days before the playoffs. with nothing on the line here, both teams should just do enough to get the game over with healthy
Utah and Philly- teams playin for something vs teams playin for nothing: motivational handicapping 101.

Wade sitting out today? Don't be shocked.

The Heat is taking a wait-and-see approach into Tuesday's game at Atlanta. The Hawks might have to wait until the playoffs start this weekend to see most of Miami's starters.

The Heat (42-38) will be without Jermaine O'Neal and Udonis Haslem because of injuries. With essentially nothing at stake between the Heat and the Hawks for another few days, Jamario Moon and Dwyane Wade also might sit Tuesday.

Haslem, scheduled to have stitches removed from his thumb by Wednesday, did not travel. O'Neal, who aggravated a left calf injury in Sunday's victory against New York, made the trip but won't play. Moon missed the past two games with a groin injury.

Wade, off Sunday's career-high, 55-point performance, could use the rest. He was to meet with coach Erik Spoelstra on Monday to determine if he would play the final two regular-season games.

''It's coach's decision,'' Wade said after the Heat secured the fifth seed. ``I'm a player, and I'm going to wait on his decision and see what he asks for. That's why a game like [Sunday] was important -- to put ourselves in position, where if you want to rest your guys, you can.''

I still think there is plenty of value in that Hawks under. Heat lineup tonight will be Chalmers (20 minutes probably), Luther Head, Beasley (20 minutes likely), Diawara, Magloire among other scrubs.

does atl really have anythign to play for tho?

A big piece just returned to the hawks line-up. IMO, he needs to get in game shape and feel out the team before the play-offs start, so Id expect the first unit to work some things out for the play-offs.

How about Hawks though?
They have been putting up points lately and not playing focused on defence as you would expekt from them. If the they play their scrubs too I dont see how anyone breaks the 90. Just like in the 3 earlier meetings that went way under.

Not sure that I see a lot of motivation for the Jazz. They're 2-6 SU and 2-8 ATS, including home losses to GS and MIN, so the effort really hasn't been there to date. Why now all of the sudden, especially since even if they win it's no better than 50-50 that they move up. The big difference to me between LA and BOS is that this is a Lakers home game, so they want to give their fans a show. Utah hasn't won there since New Years Da 2006, why would the Lakers want to give them hope now?

another big move on the Philly game from Pinny.

off the board then straight to 5 -110

Someone from the Celts must have been pulled out, this sucker is on its way from 4-105 to 6-110 in less than a minute.

Not sure that I see a lot of motivation for the Jazz. They're 2-6 SU and 2-8 ATS, including home losses to GS and MIN, so the effort really hasn't been there to date. Why now all of the sudden, especially since even if they win it's no better than 50-50 that they move up. The big difference to me between LA and BOS is that this is a Lakers home game, so they want to give their fans a show. Utah hasn't won there since New Years Da 2006, why would the Lakers want to give them hope now?

There are no laker fans, just celeberties so the players don't care. Lakers can let the Jazz win because they're just not afraid of them. Kobe hates the Jazz and the entire state hates him so I'm sure he'd love to knock them out of the playoffs again. Phil knows this and he'll have to be the one to pull in the reigns on him tonight. I'm hoping that the line will continue moving down and play the Lakers ML at -220 or so. Only played the +325 earlier because I was certain it was going to go down. Plenty of motivation for the jazz though as they know they have no shot of beating the Lakers, but if they had to go through Denver and Houston they'd be more than happy.

I'm wary of that Hawks-Mia under. They matched up to close the season last year with Wade on the sidelines and Miami's starting lineup was Cook, Quinn, Davis, Lasme and Blount and that one sailed over. Do backups care about playing defense? They may struggle with their shot early but once they get into the flow with extended minutes the pace could be pretty quick.

can we confirm that BOS & LAL aren't playing people? like with quotes or something? Or is it just based off the fact that they can't improve their standing. If it wasn't said i think we have a better advantage, but I imagine it has with what was said about Wade.

...maybe playing devil's advocate, but do we expect the Heat/ATL game to have defense if it's just scrubs? I mean anyone can go out there and score on easy/non-defensed buckets

Gwarner you have to look at the scrubs... to me scrubs like JR smith and sasha vujacic are deadly no defense, amazing at making shots when open; sure cook will hit 1-2 3 pointers but there is no talent here and you will probably get 2 quarters at range 46-48; i expect the 2 other quarters to be 38-40; thus an under of 15-20 points under the 190.5 currently

no give me calls for wade, joe johnson, less fouls less Ft's; you think the refs give a flying fuck wasting their time ref'ing this game

no give me calls for wade, joe johnson, less fouls less Ft's; you think the refs give a flying fuck wasting their time ref'ing this game

they're probably deciding between Dae-Dae and Flip Murray on who's the bigger superstar so they can still make the NBA calls :36_11_6:

Good points Mets. Under is probably the right side.

Just went thru past results, Lakers are 11-1 in season ending home games in the Kobe era. ATS is 7-5 I believe, so the points may be worth something. I'd just be surprised to see them mail this one in.

Also, we are speaking here about one of the worst benches in the league. The Hawks bench has only Flip Murray who can score and maybe Pachulia. I dont remember anyone else coming off the bench and scoring in double digits. Same goes for Heat, their bench play is all about running plays for Beasley. But he has become a starter with Haslem down and he is expected to play 20mins in this one. They have no one else who can create or put lets say 20+pts. Gimme Blount and Diawara jacking up 3's than Wade getting 20 times to the FT line. The Heat bench is all about team play and providing rest minutes for starters. Maybe Quinn or Cook could get hot but thats about it. I really see both landing in 80's, maybe Hawks could hit 90+ if they play their starters for some.

great points to the under right now, i think i'll wait it out and try to grab a nice juice because totals hardly ever get lower

with that said, any ref info that leans toward an under tonight?

Refs for the Hawks/Heat game are very neutral.

Crawford is doing the Celtics game and he's 38-18 to the over on the year while the other two guys are +7/-7 on the year.

Lakers game refs are 28-37, 27-42, 28-33 for the home team ATS.

i realize that the zebras are very important to the ways the game play, but i haven't yet figured out what to do with the NBA like i have in MLB.

...hoping to get into this next year, is covers the best place to look up NBA ref o/u and ATS stats?

i realize that the zebras are very important to the ways the game play, but i haven't yet figured out what to do with the NBA like i have in MLB.

...hoping to get into this next year, is covers the best place to look up NBA ref o/u and ATS stats?

It's totally new to the NBA. This is on the heels of the Donaghy scandal. Few years ago we wouldn't know refs till when game was going off board or if you were in the arena you could see them slighlty before. With a bigger base now, it's something I will study this offseason to use next season even more.

Like the Lakers. 3 years ago they crushed NO by 20 last home game. Last 2 years they have finished with the Kings and crushed them home and away. Last time they faced Utah they lost.

Like the Lakers. 3 years ago they crushed NO by 20 last home game. Last 2 years they have finished with the Kings and crushed them home and away. Last time they faced Utah they lost.

very good point about losing to Utah last time out. If Kobe is playing i think i could bet LAL, but i'm not sure if he is...

Bibby and Johnson have played 7 and 6 minutes in the first half. Expect a second half blowout.

Back