Tuesday MLB Discussion

BC, based on the situation, things going against one team and in another team's favor plus the "we are finally ready to break out of our shell" I'd say they could have been 8-9 games in front. Instead it's 3.5, because the Cards are a resilient bunch and the Brewers perhaps didn't take enough advantage of it.

It's safe to say I don't buy that karma thing just yet BC, we'll see how it unfolds. Let others discuss other games a bit, we've kidnapped the thread. :D

:shake:

A reminder that 19-1-1 to Under last 21 starts, and 13-0 to Under last 13 starts Greg Smith pitches in Anaheim tomorrow, with likely no Vlad for LAA.

There's people out there saying, had Bill Hohn drawn that West Coast game and not the one in San Fran, it'd be proof God exists.

Satyr, appears you could use some help in here.. All your logic makes perfect sense to me. Unfortunately I am traveling all day today and will not be able to get to my thread to write this up. Trust me, I could write a book on this.. a few quick points..

It will be a playoff atmosphere in the Lou tonight.. Go to a game in South Florida on a Tuesday night in August. Then go to a game in the LOU on the same night and you'll understand the difference. The Milw choke begins IMO, just like last year

Punk Braun's (and yes he is a punk albeit a very talented one) walkoff HR, watch it for 20 seconds , pull my shirt out bullshit made this a huge motivational play for Stl.. Agree, baseball is baseball and you can only do so much when revenge is in play but I refuse to believe Mil continues to dominate in Stl.

Not going to have time to start a thread or continue this so I'll just post it here.

Stl -105, 3 units

and besides Satyr owes me one..:smiley_acbe::whip:

:cheers::23_11_59:

Theres a saying you gotta lose one in order to win one.

MIL choking down the stretch last season was "their losing one". It'll stand them in very good stead this time around.

Just something else working for them this season, from my pov.

greg smith to unders is what pamela anderson is to fake boobies ,

the one over ?

even that plastic bitch took her titties out a few years back resembling some flapjacks .

PETA ?

please enlarge titties asap.......

Since July the 22nd, the Atlanta Braves are...

- 10-3 SU in games which they've scored at least 5 runs (12-1 to Over)

- 0-19 SU in games which they've scored 4 runs or less (10-8-1 to Under)

Since the All-Star break(ASB), Florida is...

14-5 SU off a loss
3-13 SU off a win*

*They are 0-9 SU off their last 9 wins, and play Tuesday off a win on Sunday.

Despite going 11-9 in their last 20 games against left-handed starters, Florida's lack of run production has been consistently poor. In 19 of the 20 games, the opposing starters have tossed 115 innings giving up only 37 earned runs (2.90 ERA). Whether or not Florida wins seems to rest completely on their starting pitching and the opponent's relief pitching since Florida has tapped out at 3 runs or less against the lefty starter in 19 of those 20 games (3, 2, 2, 0, 3, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 2, 2, 0, 2, 2, 3). The one exception was the 7 runs scored in 1.2 innings against the turbulent Jorge De La Rosa who couldn't find the strike zone.

So are these all the reasons behind the line being ridiculously high on Jurrjens tonight?

Theres a saying you gotta lose one in order to win one.

MIL choking down the stretch last season was "their losing one". It'll stand them in very good stead this time around.

Just something else working for them this season, from my pov.

Ok, so you are saying you think the "intra-season" trend that supports a Brewer play will continue and the multiseason trend of the Brewers choking reverses.

I guess we disagree on which trend reverses:shake:

Satyr: The Cards bullpen is imo awful & will cost them games down the stretch.

You talking about the Cards current bullpen or the first Half bullpen.

Check the current rotation with Perez as closer and Springer, McClelland and Garcia as set up.. When rested, which they are tonight, the Cards bullpen has been very good for a long stretch bro..

When over used, they are worrisome as you mention.. This has been a key component for me when capping the cardinals all year long.. For Example if the Cards bullpen is still fresh after tonight I will be interested in them tommorow.. If they are used up tonight-- different outlook for me..:shake:

Some more tidbits favoring the A's/Halos's under:

1. Greg Smith hasn't been so bad of late. In his last 6 starts, he has tossed 34.7 innings and allowed 28 hits and 14 earned runs (3.63 ERA).
2. In the Angels last 11 games, they have managed a mere 34 runs scored (3.09 runs per game).
3. In the Angels last 4 games against lefty starters, they have managed 1,0,3 and 2 runs respectively.
4. Laz Diaz is the home plate umpire and he has a high 63.79 strike percentage and 2.47 K:BB ratio (4th highest in the majors) which both favor the pirchers.

the multiseason trend of the Brewers choking reverses.

The Brewers havent come close to making a p.s. in recent years other than last season, so there's no multi-season choking aspect to anything -
There's last season, and there's this season. Last season was a choke, this season has yet to be defined.

TeeDub: The 3 you mentioned are not gonna go very far in relief for any team & none of them have been so great recently, am I missing something? Russ Springer would worry me if I was a Stl fan, Garcia has been mediocre at best recently, & Mccleland has been very hittable. Sorry but not a one of those guys is a rock.

bc you have any thoughts on Minnesota. I;m thinkin they bounce back after 3 losses tonight.

The Yanks have been a team with very poor chemistry for 4-5 yrs now. Pettite not as good off steroids. They need a couple of young hungry guys with some talent.

he's the best thing ever to happen to the Yankees
bigsmile.gif

Originally Posted by BetCrimes1984
the Giants are 0-19 SU the game before Lincecum's last 19 starts, and are 3-22 SU before all his starts this season.

This was posted last week before the last Lincecum start. It is now 1-19 SU and 4-22 SU, respectively.

I'll try it again tonight, I guess

SPORTNUT, this makes no sense they have a lefty tomorrow and O's have a right which contradicts this statement.

I was actually talking about Mondays matchup Richards v Waters. WS are 7-2 UND away when its LH vs LH in the past few months..:cheers:

Back