Tuesday MLB Discussion

BC did you end up taking the over at Fenway?

We will need this sorry ass Red Sox offense to wake up in order to have a shot here.

PHI didn't knock around Balester as expected, but Myers has been better than expected with 2 hits thru 6.

COL holding a slim lead prepared to turn it over to the disastrous bullpen. Hope to see Buchholz for 2...

NYM/FLA in a pitching duel that Scott Olsen is winning right now...

fuck, jeter just missed a HR by less than 5 feet...... hit the very top of the wall

unfortunately theres 2 out....we needed that one.

BC did you end up taking the over at Fenway?

We will need this sorry ass Red Sox offense to wake up in order to have a shot here.

No. Line moved 13 cents to Over at my book of death. Plus the bounce back factors I posted for Boston off giving up sizable totals put me off it before said line moves.

toronto bats also anemic tonight, after some early sparks cooled off by DP's.

i cant wait to turn on SC later and watch the inside-of-the-park HR that may be the difference in this 1-0 game.

The Colorado bullpen is terrible if they can't get it to Buchholz-Corpas-Fuentes. They can't be affording to lose games like this, they just can't. Shocked that they would have put in Herges to get battered.

The Colorado bullpen is terrible if they can't get it to Buchholz-Corpas-Fuentes. They can't be affording to lose games like this, they just can't. Shocked that they would have put in Herges to get battered.

Of course, I might just have to admit that Colorado is not a good team.

It seems the Rockies won't be making any huge postseason runs this time. Btw, I would like to remind that in both last night's and tonight's games it wasn't their bullpen that necessarily lost it, even though they probably let in decisive runs, but starters who started sucking PLUS their offense which goes cold after the first 3 innings, for the second night in a row now.

Red Sox need to have a long look in the mirror, something is rotten at Fenway.

WS hangover. I wouldn't be shocked if they failed to make the ps for that very reason, but I have posted previously they will do nothing if and when they do make the ps.

They had a lot of young guys last year who hadn't paid their dues, be involved in that WS win. Now those dues are being paid, and that's not productive for another p.s. run.

WS hangover. I wouldn't be shocked if they failed to make the ps for that very reason, but I have posted previously they will do nothing if and when they do make the ps.

They had a lot of young guys last year who hadn't paid their dues, be involved in that WS win. Now those dues are being paid, and that's not productive for another p.s. run.

They still have the best staff for the playoffs. Beckett-DiceK-Lester will be extremely formidable. Masterson should be good in the bullpen as the 8th inning man and Papelbon is still pretty dominant.

The offense is struggling now, but if you get Ellsbury to wake up, Manny to behave, Ortiz to come back, and one of Drew-Youk-Pedroia to continue exceeding expectations, your looking pretty good.

I like the Cubs this year but in the AL I really do like the Sox chances better than any other AL team.

Seabass - not sold on Dice-K or Lester again this time round. Their pen is not at last season's standards, and so many players havent paid their dues - Ellsbury, Dice-K, Lester, Masterson, Buchholz. They have too much of that kind of weight imo, while on the other side critical players are feeling their age (Varitek will be gone after this season), and it's starting to show in the results.

I'm a Sox fan, as far as I'm a fan of any American sports team, and imo Boston is exiting the 1st round of the playoffs if they make it (if the WC, they'll face the Angels who are currently exorcising their Red Sox ghosts of recent seasons, and if they win the division, it should be the White Sox who'll revisit the brutalising they delivered the last time the Sox made a p.s. off a WS win (05)).

but your backing someone that gives up the longball like its his job, in myers

hasnt won on the road yet this season where hes 0-6 /7.91 ERA

and youre laying -150 to -160 road chalk doing it

:seeya:

Counting those chips

huh?

now youve gone around making shit up

now not only are you an asshole, youre a lier.

i dont care if you want to be an ass, but i wont have you blatantly making up bullshit, that aint right.

Back