Tuesday MLB Discussion

There's a few bets that I think you have to make.

NYM: Blanton is not good. Santana is very good. The Mets are very hot. The Phillies are not.

NYY: The Yankees are very hot. The pitchers are both ok at best. The Twins are not as hot. The Twins have a good record mostly from killing sub .500 teams and NL teams.

TB: The Rays are good. The A's are bad. The A's have quit. Andy Sonnanstine is ok. Dallas Braden is bad.

I mean, I exaggerated in the way that I posted this, but the point is: sometimes it doesn't have to be rocket science to get the right side. These 3 are all the right side because you are getting hot, good teams against struggling or average teams, without taking the wrong side of a single pitching matchup.

On the "why am I even bothering with this bet" side, I like Pittsbugh and Paul "I should be named Pat so Seabass can get my name right" Maholm and SF behind Barry "lets hope I ate my breakfast today" Zito.

Diamondbacks acquired RHP Jon Rauch from the Nationals for 2B Emilio Bonifacio. An outstanding pickup for Arizona's pen at a small cost. Rauch probably won't close initially, but he can be a fallback if Brandon Lyon continues to struggle. He'll upgrade the eighth inning and push Tony Pena and Chad Qualls back to the sixth and seventh innings. Theoretically, it gives the Diamondbacks one of the best setup corps in baseball. Bonifacio wasn't going to be the answer at second base next year if Orlando Hudson leaves, so it's no problem giving him up in this one, particularly with Rauch under control through 2010 ($2 million in 2009, $2.9 million option in 2010). Jul. 22 - 5:25 pm et

im not sure how big a deal "revenge" is in baseball, but if there was ever a spot for revenge its this orioles jays series.

second to last series before the break the O's went to toronto and lost 3 straight games by 1 run: 7-6, 9-8, 6-5.

the first and third games were lost in the 9th innings, with the O's blowing a 6-2 lead through 6.5 innings in the first game and a 5-4 lead in the bottom of the 9th in the 3rd game (they were up 5-2 through 8.5 inns)

edit- the info above woulda been great to know for yesterdays game lol.

Last edited:
Probably should have posted this earlier. A lot of people are liking Pitt today. I understand. Paul usually looks good to me too. He has played twice on the road this year with this hp umpire. He has been totally crushed both times. Remember he does not have good history on this site anyway.

tex @ cws : the umpire totally fucked the sox yesterday. he should have got a called strike to ring up michael young and end the inning. instead it was called a ball and a walk led to a 3 run blast from hamilton which deflated the sox and i knew the game was over when that happened. sox need to stop the fucking bleeding and i hope buehrle goes out and mows down these rangers quickly tonight. i'm on the sox and under 10. hamilton might sit??

dont like the Under in that one. CWS could explode on Mendoza given recent frustrations, and signs are Buehrle is coming back to Earth after a solid stretch. Texas themselves are just 1 win off their best overall record mark for the season to date, and they'll know Mendoza is going to need decent RS.

Pitt 16-32 away .333 winning pct and they are road chalk? Probably the best way to look at it .

Maholm 0-3 career @ Houston though 07 start is a result of pitching hurt late in the season . Still RH are 290 vs him . Maholmmuch better on normal rest

Pitt 18-45 L63 @ Houston . Cassell not impressive but 5-1 career in his ML starts and pitched 6 scorelessinnings for SD at home vs Pitt in 2007.

Neither team hitting ...3-2 game starting the 9 th yesterday before 7 runs score . Both come off series where they struggled badly on offensive ..
Houston pitching welltill the 9th 12 runs past 2 days in the 9th and 6runs the other 16 innings ......

When Houston wins at home vs a LHSP its an under .When they lose its an over .

6-6 at home vs LHSP
Wins 5-1 under and Loses 5-1 over .....

Was thinking Houston and UNDER tough to not like it now but also might play a smaller parlay on Pitt to over .....

Cassell was very impressive in the minors this time. Especially at home but under with that huge over ump is tough. GL

Texas 4-11 away vs LHP and 11 of those games scored 3 runs or less (others 4,5,5,6 ). 3 wins vsthe bullpens vs Lannan,vs Burress and vs CC in extras and the other a 2-0 win@ Sea Padilla vs Bedard.....

STL 14-1 in Game 2's after losses ....

BOL

Almost too funny Nut. A million people post the Cardinals but you are the Only one to mention that stat. I guess they were relying on intuition. BOL

Cassell was very impressive in the minors this time. Especially at home but under with that huge over ump is tough. GL

Yeah and I remember how he went to Cincy and beat Cueto early on.

Neither team swinging well gonna boil down to the pens . Houston moosed 2 straight overs in the 9th innings 4-0 game became 9-0 on an 8.5 totaland 3-2 became9-3 on a 11 total. Just see the lineups as cold so far in the 2nd H .

As for UMPS they are a minor thought in my total decisions .

Reynolds L10 vs Houston :

vs. Astros

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD width="10%">Date</TD><TD width="20%">Home - Road</TD><TD width="20%">Home Starter</TD><TD width="20%">Road Starter</TD><TD width="15%">Line</TD><TD width="10%">Result</TD><TD width="5%">O/U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>07/02/08</TD><TD class=datacell>HOU 1 - LA 4</TD><TD class=datacell>R. Hernandez</TD><TD class=datacell>H. Kuroda</TD><TD class=datacell>-108/9</TD><TD class=datacell>Road</TD><TD class=datacell>U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>05/30/08</TD><TD class=datacell>MIL 5 - HOU 1</TD><TD class=datacell>M. Parra</TD><TD class=datacell>B. Backe</TD><TD class=datacell>-133/9.5</TD><TD class=datacell>Home</TD><TD class=datacell>U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>07/28/07</TD><TD class=datacell>HOU 3 - SD 1</TD><TD class=datacell>R. Oswalt</TD><TD class=datacell>G. Maddux</TD><TD class=datacell>-147/8</TD><TD class=datacell>Home</TD><TD class=datacell>U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>04/20/07</TD><TD class=datacell>MIL 5 - HOU 6</TD><TD class=datacell>B. Sheets</TD><TD class=datacell>M. Albers</TD><TD class=datacell>-173/8</TD><TD class=datacell>Road</TD><TD class=datacell>O</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>06/06/06</TD><TD class=datacell>HOU 4 - CHC 1</TD><TD class=datacell>W. Rodriguez</TD><TD class=datacell>K. Wood</TD><TD class=datacell>110/9</TD><TD class=datacell>Home</TD><TD class=datacell>U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>04/16/06</TD><TD class=datacell>ARI 5 - HOU 8</TD><TD class=datacell>O. Hernandez</TD><TD class=datacell>F. Nieve</TD><TD class=datacell>-117/9.5</TD><TD class=datacell>Road</TD><TD class=datacell>O</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>08/09/05</TD><TD class=datacell>HOU 5 - WAS 6</TD><TD class=datacell>E. Astacio</TD><TD class=datacell>J. Patterson</TD><TD class=datacell>105/8</TD><TD class=datacell>Road</TD><TD class=datacell>O</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>05/23/05</TD><TD class=datacell>CHC 4 - HOU 1</TD><TD class=datacell>G. Rusch</TD><TD class=datacell>W. Rodriguez</TD><TD class=datacell>-157/8.5</TD><TD class=datacell>Home</TD><TD class=datacell>U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>10/03/04</TD><TD class=datacell>HOU 5 - COL 3</TD><TD class=datacell>B. Backe</TD><TD class=datacell>J. Wright</TD><TD class=datacell>-300/9</TD><TD class=datacell>Home</TD><TD class=datacell>U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/03/04</TD><TD class=datacell>HOU 8 - PIT 6</TD><TD class=datacell>R. Clemens</TD><TD class=datacell>O. Perez</TD><TD class=datacell>-170/8</TD><TD class=datacell>Home</TD><TD class=datacell>O</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Houston is 6-4 UNDER , 3 straight Unders , 4-2 Under @ home with him .

In two2008 games scored 1 run each game so not really worried much about his influence . Maholm got roughed up early on the road with reynolds but really has been much better of late away from home....

With 5 of 6 wins vs LH at home going UNDER I'll take my chances .Only win that was an over was 11-10 vs Lester and Boston.

BOL Tuck..:cheers:

both the fucking new york teams fucking killed my unders. this shit is too much for me to take.

HAHAHHAHAHAH. this shit is fucking comical. grand slam ruins my under 10 in chicago. 10-0 sox. HAHAHAHAHAH

im gonna lay my last $100 tomorrow on a tennis parlay. if i lose, fine. i dont wanna fucking gamble anymore.

if i can get through the top 9 in yankee ville w/o a run i get a push but with my luck it seems highly doubful

if you looked at my write up it says i wanted johan to pitch a CG because of this exact shit. why am i not a manager? these guys are fucking morons.

i would like to know why every game i bet on the team i bet against scores 4-6 times in the top 9 to win????? PLEASE!?!??!?!?!

if you looked at my write up it says i wanted johan to pitch a CG because of this exact shit. why am i not a manager? these guys are fucking morons.

I feel for you. I got the Mets at +1000 due to a mistake by my book, and it got killed by that meltdown.

i had an excellent run in MLB for a long time and i was loving it. recently, i can't win a single wager and the way my bets lose are almost unbelievable and very saddening/frustrating....... =(((

i could potentially have sd/cin & mil/stl going to extra innings and i have the home team and under parlayed in both games. HAHAHAH sorry to anyone on those bets because they probably won't win!! HAHAHAHHA this shit is funny man. i like to bet just to see how they will lose.

would your book honor that bet BC, since it was an error?

Yes. They've always done so in the past, and they've paid out on this game and no refund has been forthcoming to me.

I got Houston for +1100 to win the 05 NL title, which were what SD's odds should have been (SD had Houston's odds). Houston of course made the WS and I got paid. There's been other instances as well.

of course... sox was the mother fucking play of the day but i parlayed it w/ the under. i guess that is nature of parlays. it is my downfall =)

nice hit JD. keep it rollin. that game in baltimore was nuts tho man. im glad you cashed it though

Back