Tuesday MLB Discussion Thread

not sure I want to back Taijuan, but a pretty short price considering how bad NYY has played

Looks like NYY caught money until first pitch tonight, but I have a bad feeling when I wake up tomorrow I'm not gonna have a -109 available on the Jays

A little Jays money overnight, nothing too crazy but still waiting to see as NYY has no bullpen right now on top of such an injured lineup

@Ryno14 probably has an opinion on CHC, not in love with Mills whatsoever but don't we know that Mahle just isn't very good despite having good stuff at this point in his career? CIN moving toward being a favorite at Wrigley with that bullpen full of questions makes me wonder if a CHC play isn't a reasonable one behind a better bullpen and the off-chance Mills has his good stuff tonight

A little Jays money overnight, nothing too crazy but still waiting to see as NYY has no bullpen right now on top of such an injured lineup

@Ryno14 probably has an opinion on CHC, not in love with Mills whatsoever but don't we know that Mahle just isn't very good despite having good stuff at this point in his career? CIN moving toward being a favorite at Wrigley with that bullpen full of questions makes me wonder if a CHC play isn't a reasonable one behind a better bullpen and the off-chance Mills has his good stuff tonight

Don’t like Mills at all. Been fading him last few starts. Tonight probably just a stay away for me.

other than the mind boggling sweep at hands of pirates cards have been pretty good in these double headers since resuming play. they swept chi sox 1st day back,, split with cubs twice before getting another 2 game sweep off them on saturday. sounds like Carlos gonna pitch game one, his 1st game back so no idea wtf we will get from him? berrios last 3 starts been much better but his days rest been all over the place, he on 5 days rest here which historically been by far his worst and it has been so again this season as teams have a .870 ops against in his 3 starts on 5 days. Carlos w/l and era on 6+ not good but his ops, ba, slug against all there lowest on 6+. no clue what to expect off covid list tho, stuff or innings wise?

Gonna go for a chase on Phillies in their DH today. Expect them to get G1 but I’ll chase them if Perez happens to beat them

Phillies? They’ve been extremely hot

not to mention Red Sox terrible. The problem being it to expensive for me and I dunno if I can lay the -1.5 like I have been vs Sox in only a 7 inning game? Perez one of their few pitchers capable of eating innings and avoiding much that Sox pen I’m fading in a 7 inning game.

price sucks but I do agree there little chance you gonna lose money playing phils to win 1.

Phillies? They’ve been extremely hot

terrible weekend series playing really bad defense and then blowing a 6-0 lead yesterday thanks a lot to Girardi overmanaging plus his pen still has plenty of issues

BOS might be the worst pitching staff in the league, but they still have threats in the lineup

I’m not to worried bout Red Sox offense, efflin has some great indicators going along with sick k/9. His hard hit rate really low, babip and strand rate should both get better. His fip and xfip been elite. Both his babip and strand rate worst of his career. While his avg exit velo and hard hit rate the lowest.

Think I’d be more inclined to play the over in the 2nd game of the bos/phi double dip. I don’t trust Vasquez at all and I’m assuming Boston gonna have a lot of pen guys in game 2.

terrible weekend series playing really bad defense and then blowing a 6-0 lead yesterday thanks a lot to Girardi overmanaging plus his pen still has plenty of issues

BOS might be the worst pitching staff in the league, but they still have threats in the lineup

Wouldn’t call winning 11 of 14 terrible by any means. I think Red Sox are one of the worst teams in the league. Doesn’t mean they can’t win a DH here, so if they do, I’ll tip my hat. Just how I’m playing it.

I do like phils -1.5 in gm 1 getting plus money, just the 2 fold problem of being home team and only a 7 inning game. Plus money is awful damn tempting tho!!

I laid a little juice and took Twins/Cards G1 U7

I just have no freaking clue what to expect out of Carlos and Shildt has thrown in the towel in few these by trotting out very bottom of our pen and leaving guys out there to take some lumps. I wanted to find a play but really couldn’t, twinks prob makes the most sense in game 1 but like I said berrios been pretty bad on 5 days rest.

I just have no freaking clue what to expect out of Carlos and Shildt has thrown in the towel in few these by trotting out very bottom of our pen and leaving guys out there to take some lumps. I wanted to find a play but really couldn’t, twinks prob makes the most sense in game 1 but like I said berrios been pretty bad on 5 days rest.

Oh yeah. Certainly a tough one to press submit on. We shall see

balty/muts over9 looks good to me. what are the odds at least one of those starters doesnt get blown up? lol

Just throwing some info out there.....

Miami Marlins......they went 4-3 last 7 games....
Their 3 loses were by 1 run.
That’s 7 games where they covered the +1.5 RL

Doing a mini chase with Atl RL -1.5 and Alt RL-2.5 at +money
( didn’t I say not to go against the streak )
The stubborn azz degenerate mind is taking over....

i love the fish ff tonight. i cant see laying 1.5 when they have a pretty big starting pitcher edge imo. all i care about the 1st 5 innings tho! wright really struggled to throw strikes last time he was up, maybe he has gotten it figured out but i love what i seen out of Sixto, that kid throwing bb's and his command has been insane for anyone let alone a young kid throwing gas.

Nats and fish seem like the best 2 dogs in the card. At the price I think a case could be made for O’s but I prefer the over. I thought I liked rangers but that was when I saw Teheran listed, now I see Heaney.

I so wanna take cards in gm2, I’m not a huge dobnak believer, cute story but his k/walk nothing to brag about. He throws bunch of sinkers which good for us, bunch of sliders not as good for us. I def think we have a better chance of hitting him than berrios.

I so wanna take cards in gm2, I’m not a huge dobnak believer, cute story but his k/walk nothing to brag about. He throws bunch of sinkers which good for us, bunch of sliders not as good for us. I def think we have a better chance of hitting him than berrios.

Gonna need Berrios to shut out of the Cards the rest of the way - and hopefully Woodford can get 6 outs by giving up just 1 more at most.

Gonna need Berrios to shut out of the Cards the rest of the way - and hopefully Woodford can get 6 outs by giving up just 1 more at most.

i don’t think you have to worry about the berrios part. He has them looking like the bums they usually are!!! Not so sure about woodford, twinks could easily run into another one or 3.

I dunno wtf thomas was doing on that 4th run? Let the fat ass catcher score from second Easy, on a ball yoi would think there should have been a play.

i don’t think you have to worry about the berrios part. He has them looking like the bums they usually are!!! Not so sure about woodford, twinks could easily run into another one or 3.

Oh yeah. Twins offense is definitely the worry.

What's the 401 on this Woodford guy anyway?

What's the 401 on this Woodford guy anyway?

he alright. Nothing special stuff wise, has had pretty good command, looks like he could be a back the rotation type starter. Only needs to get ya 3 more outs but think it be against top the order.

I dunno if there gonna be a weather problem in game 2 or not? Kinda getting cloudy round here, tons of storms on radar but they all been north of downtown so far, I don’t recall seeing anything bout rain In forecast so I got no clue if they gonna start popping or stay north?

he alright. Nothing special stuff wise, has had pretty good command, looks like he could be a back the rotation type starter. Only needs to get ya 3 more outs but think it be against top the order.

Well damn. Need 9 outs just for a push now

Holy shit, edman went down And hit a golf shot to get that thing out! I thought it bounced at 1st! That sucks.

Wouldn’t call winning 11 of 14 terrible by any means. I think Red Sox are one of the worst teams in the league. Doesn’t mean they can’t win a DH here, so if they do, I’ll tip my hat. Just how I’m playing it.

i said terrible weekend series

Hate betting the Reds so much but did take Mahle -107. They've got to start making a run if they're gonna make the playoffs. Can't lose games to Alec Mills. Reds offense so inconsistent, but match up well with Mills here. Hopefully Reds go Archie here if they get in a save situation.

Just need one more strong inning from Sixto! He becoming one my fav pitchers (gotta love the name!), along with alcontera, who woulda thought 2 my fav young pitchers both be on the freakin marlins? Sometimes cleaning house pays off, when you had several good players to trade away!! And the GM does a good job getting a solid return for them!

so I know they got alcontera in the ozuna deal, pretty sure they got sixto from phils for realmuto. What they get from brewers and yanks?

Cash the Marlins ff!!. Sixto does it again!! He not done either, only 65 pitches thru 5. That another thing bout this kid, for being so young and throwing so hard he still incredibly efficient! Doesn’t walk ppl and gets a bunch of quick ab’s forcing guys to pound that sinker into the ground!

Balty basically cashes the over themselves! Kinda kicking myself for not taking the fat plus money but in all honesty I just thought odds one those starters get blown up were great, wasn’t really sure which or if they both might!

Where was our guy to remind us to fade the brewers? I totally overlooked that game without brewers888 to tell us to fade them!! Lol

Hate betting the Reds so much but did take Mahle -107. They've got to start making a run if they're gonna make the playoffs. Can't lose games to Alec Mills. Reds offense so inconsistent, but match up well with Mills here. Hopefully Reds go Archie here if they get in a save situation.

i guess they still alive considering the format and fact .500 baseball will prob be good enough to finish second in the central, I think they as good as finished tho. Just don’t see a run in this team. Like we were saying at 1st of the year it looked good on paper but those teams who try putting a team together like this often dont gel into what we think they should be.

6 scoreless for sixto and still only at 79 pitches! 2 singles and a walk all he has allowed vs a Braves offense that been raking.

i guess they still alive considering the format and fact .500 baseball will prob be good enough to finish second in the central, I think they as good as finished tho. Just don’t see a run in this team. Like we were saying at 1st of the year it looked good on paper but those teams who try putting a team together like this often dont gel into what we think they should be.

Yep. They may be the most frustrating team this year. Only down 2-0 but I don’t even have any faith in them even against Mills and this cubs pen

Back