PIT u6.5

on the radar:
ARI +120
COL -102
SD u6.5
TB u7
PIT +117

The spread in the Cubs goes way past strange
Its actually frightening to me to that Warner could be right about Arizona because Cahill certainly seems the worst pitcher playing tomorrow with Leake in acute regression although Jackson has been very bad as well. There are Days angles that favor Yanks and Toronto as well as Miami.. A little surprised by the total in Houston. I am seeing 6 in the Padre game,

Last edited:
played Marlins, Orioles. liked Marlins before last night's comeback, and gotta figure Nats are in a bad place mentally after that and Stras can't be trusted at all in Marlins Park [odd as that looks in writing]. will be on A's/Astros under [Eddings] as soon as 8 becomes available [can currently only get 8' at high juice]. also eying Mets/under/Phils TT under and Twins/KC FF over [Shields sick FF over numbers this season; GiLmo has been following that trend all season].

re: your reply to my stats of the jays asdn their bottom order being horrible...it is, I agree not the strongest but they are holding their own currently given the injury situation and that's what has helped turn the ship around..just win series until the big guns get back...lind/edwin sunday is when they are expected now..lawrie still next week....

Edwin Jackson on 4 days rest
0-8 7.16 ERA
Jackson at night
2-5 5.36 ERA
With Cuzzi 0-3 4.09 ERA
His only edge is that his last 5 games with 1 decent game put tremendous pressure on him to have a good game,
De La Roza has a 5.87 ERA with Cuzzi based on 23 innings
5 days rest 4-1 3.78 ERA
Playing at night
7-5 4.54 ERA
He is 4-1 last 5 and his last 3 games were great and his last game was his best of the year which bothers me
Stucky likes Jackson. This situation is a little odd

In the Baltimore game we know the best starter
Angels are playing with revenge
Angels off a day off are 9-4
Angels are 10-7 on Tuesday to Baltimore 7-5
Angels with a 8 to 8.5 spread 37-13
Baltimore is 16-14 in that spot
Tillman off 3 losses is a strong edge for Baltimore
Baltimore is 26-23 at home and have been winning some very lucky games.
Luck always turns. Some current lean to Baltimore. No chance I play Angels

In the Baltimore game we know the best starter
Angels are playing with revenge
Angels off a day off are 9-4
Angels are 10-7 on Tuesday to Baltimore 7-5
Angels with a 8 to 8.5 spread 37-13
Baltimore is 16-14 in that spot
Tillman off 3 losses is a strong edge for Baltimore
Baltimore is 26-23 at home and have been winning some very lucky games.
Luck always turns. Some current lean to Baltimore. No chance I play Angels
i lean balt too, but it's their fist game back (guess day off helps), but first game back off a successful long road trip I normally like to go against them, but why get in front of a speeding bull (even with some luck) righ tnow...still uncertain there but I really wanna take them

I dont know why Strasburg is commanding these high lines on the road. His ERA is above 5 on the road, with a record of 1-6. He's all name at this point. This price is insane.

Days trading
Yanks 5-10
Texas 4-12 worst day
Boston 5-10
Toronto 13-3
Washington 9-4
Miami 11-4
Cards 9-6
Padres 5-11
Mets 9-6
Philadelphia 6-9
Atlanta 7-8
Dodgers 9-6

Tampa 6-9 another no score game?
Brewers 6-10

seems impossible at the moment not to play
Toronto
Miami
Probably Yanks
More info tomorrow

it will be game 1 of fading rockies in under .470/ 5 run. near impossible to put money on ejax though. I am interested to see what happens in La with the braves. Braves have not seen beckett much and harnag is owned by certain dodgers. He is cagey though. I can see a run game. They lose tomorrow and hopefully pitchers duel Thursday. RedSox in tailspin but hard to bet same matchup again and expect same results. Same thing with as/astros. Id like to hammer shark but scared since they just saw him. feldman bad splits here. Liriano is an enigma. They are paying Hudson to win in situations like this.

I dont know why Strasburg is commanding these high lines on the road. His ERA is above 5 on the road, with a record of 1-6. He's all name at this point. This price is insane.

I agree with you to a certain extent. There is something going on with his road starts and things seem to just go wrong. His away FIP is 3.60, which is not great, but a long ways away from his ERA over 5. His career numbers on the road look a lot better (FIP of 3.25ish), but Im not going to be putting my money banking on him performing on the road just yet. But, I fully expect that his numbers on the road will turn around.

played Marlins, Orioles. liked Marlins before last night's comeback, and gotta figure Nats are in a bad place mentally after that and Stras can't be trusted at all in Marlins Park [odd as that looks in writing]. will be on A's/Astros under [Eddings] as soon as 8 becomes available [can currently only get 8' at high juice]. also eying Mets/under/Phils TT under and Twins/KC FF over [Shields sick FF over numbers this season; GiLmo has been following that trend all season].

i think that Salami under definitely worth a look today once Cubs total opens. Should be around 118-119, I think.

Angels 8-2 to under since the break (all at home)
Balty with 7-0 to under in last 7 (all on the road).

Today, roles are reversed, Angels on road and Balty at home. Pitchers were seen just a few days ago when they matched up. Total is 8.5. Seems high?

Balty 6-0 to under in their last 6 home games. Balty 19-7-1 to under in last 27 home games.

still thinking. Both teams off a day off as well.

First 5 over is 1-3 last 4 starts

Angels 8-2 to under since the break (all at home)
Balty with 7-0 to under in last 7 (all on the road).

Today, roles are reversed, Angels on road and Balty at home. Pitchers were seen just a few days ago when they matched up. Total is 8.5. Seems high?

Balty 6-0 to under in their last 6 home games. Balty 19-7-1 to under in last 27 home games.

still thinking. Both teams off a day off as well.
Like the under. For the Angels to win they need an under Tillman on best rest and off 3 losses is playing a major opponent. Should be a whisper game but waiting on refs

I agree with you to a certain extent. There is something going on with his road starts and things seem to just go wrong. His away FIP is 3.60, which is not great, but a long ways away from his ERA over 5. His career numbers on the road look a lot better (FIP of 3.25ish), but Im not going to be putting my money banking on him performing on the road just yet. But, I fully expect that his numbers on the road will turn around.

Good point. Seems like a lot of folks siding w/ Marlins tonight. Could be a sucker play.

Played 2 for tonight:

Mets/Phillies under 7 (-125) to win .5u
Oak -1.5 (-120) to win .5u

In short, Riding Hamels and Fading Feldman

Bryce Harper over Yellich (total bases) +105

Bryce 6-13 with 2 homers and 1 double off Alverez
Yellich 2-11 with 2 singles off Strasburg.

Both guys struggling a little bit, but Yellich moreso than Harper. Yellich better on road, as is Harper. Don't like that Yellich hits higher in the order, but I will take my chances with plus odds.

updated leans:
ARI u7: Guccione
NYM +113
LAD u7
BAL +125
CLE u7.5
DET u8
SD u6
TB u7: B. Welke

Last edited:

8 at plus-money in HOU seems like it's worth a stab with Dougie

I think I'll be at the bar later with a satellite feed of all the games, but I had to announce the customary national tv game:

What's new? The fucking Yankees on FS1 at 8pm.

MLB network is at least running some variety at 10pm. But it's unbelievable how much air time the fucking yanks and sox get. Sickening

Some play on WS being considered. Timing suspect with Detroit off 3 losses but huge difference in recent quality of the pitchers

Cubs/Rox over 4 first 5.

De La Rosa sucks on the road and against righties. Cubs much better hitters vs. lefties. Edwin is Edwin and Cargo owns him so hopefully that continues. Don't even want to mess with bullpens, I think it goes over early.

Toronto & Boston have played 11 times this season: every game has totaled at least 8 runs. In their last 48 meetings in Boston -

- only 1 game has totaled exactly 8 runs.

- only 20.8% of these games have totaled 5 or 6 runs (none have totaled less).

May 19th, 2009, was the last time a game between these 2 in Boston totaled less than 5 runs in a reg. 9 innings.

Last edited:
Played 2 for tonight:

Mets/Phillies under 7 (-125) to win .5u
Oak -1.5 (-120) to win .5u

In short, Riding Hamels and Fading Feldman

Added another .5 on Mets/Phils UNDER 7 ... betting to win 1u now.

Might add Yanks later. Books missed on that line, but price is a actually a bit too high now. Figured -170 was about right there.

Have added 2 first half overs. Seriously pissed. I wanted OVER in Detroit and Fagan popped up. Probably goes over anyway

Toronto & Boston have played 11 times this season: every game has totaled at least 8 runs. In their last 48 meetings in Boston -

- only 1 game has totaled exactly 8 runs.

- only 20.8% of these games have totaled 5 or 6 runs (none have totaled less).

May 19th, 2009, is the last time a game between these 2 in Boston has totaled less than 5 runs in a reg. 9 innings.

Good stuff BC. I noticed the same trend - winning team has scored at least 6 runs in the last 10 matchups.

Ump is 9-2 to over as well.

This has come up a lot.
Beckett 6 or greater 7.45 ERA this season
Interested in ump but obviously serious factor here
Bloodhound has to love this

Good stuff BC. I noticed the same trend - winning team has scored at least 6 runs in the last 10 matchups.

Ump is 9-2 to over as well.

I've got that game live, so I'll be dealing with totals betting from there. My major concerns are the large home/away ERA split for the Boston starter, and the more general issue of Boston scoring anything at all on their good days, let alone bad.

played BAL +125 and CLE u7.5, considering HOU under and not sure how to treat the rainout in DET

Also eyeing the west coast unders but i have so many plays right now

Have added 2 first half overs. Seriously pissed. I wanted OVER in Detroit and Fagan popped up. Probably goes over anyway

i wouldn't let him scare you off the over, rain/him are keeping me off under (but i don't know him too well)

WS 9-2 over off a day off are hitting a Detroit team off 3 losses.

Boom seems likely

Back