Tuesday Discussion/Thoughts

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
NBA - Mar 25

NBA
TUESDAY, MARCH 25TH

4:05 PM3 /25 /08
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><td class="gNum">#</td><td class="gName">
</td><td class="gSpr">
</td><td class="gTot">
</td><td class="gML">
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">651</td><td class="gName">NEW ORLEANS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk">
</td><td class="gTot lineChk">
</td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">652</td><td class="gName">INDIANA</td><td class="gSpr lineChk">
</td><td class="gTot lineChk">
</td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

4:05 PM3 /25 /08
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><td class="gNum">#</td><td class="gName">
</td><td class="gSpr">Spread</td><td class="gTot">Total</td><td class="gML">
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">653</td><td class="gName">SAN ANTONIO</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714109_3_0_0_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">PK-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714109_3_2_-190.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o190½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">654</td><td class="gName">ORLANDO</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714109_3_1_0_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">PK-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714109_3_3_190.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u190½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

5:35 PM3 /25 /08
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">655</td><td class="gName">LA CLIPPERS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714110_3_0_12_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+12-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714110_3_2_-190.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o190½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">656</td><td class="gName">DALLAS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714110_3_1_-12_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-12-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714110_3_3_190.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u190½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

5:35 PM3 /25 /08
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">657</td><td class="gName">ATLANTA</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714111_3_0_4_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+4-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714111_3_2_-206.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o206½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">658</td><td class="gName">CHICAGO</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714111_3_1_-4_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-4-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714111_3_3_206.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u206½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

6:05 PM3 /25 /08
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">659</td><td class="gName">CHARLOTTE</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714112_3_0_13_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+13-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714112_3_2_-207_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o207-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">660</td><td class="gName">UTAH</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714112_3_1_-13_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-13-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714112_3_3_207_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u207-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

7:05 PM3 /25 /08
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">661</td><td class="gName">WASHINGTON</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714113_3_0_0_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">PK-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714113_3_2_-191_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o191-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">662</td><td class="gName">PORTLAND</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="714113_3_1_0_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">PK-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="714113_3_3_191_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u191-110 </td></tr></tbody></table>

could someone tell me the reg score and OT final from the lakers/GS game? I've seen 3 different sites give 3 different scores, which is as helpful as it is pathetic

Coming off the best 2-6 night I ever had in the NBA. Partly because I went 5-0-1 with my Quarter bets and an unposted 5-0 in CBB. SO 12-6-1 as whole not so bad ..BUT theres almost always a BUT with me..

Even all these hours later still amazed at how in 4 of my 6 losses I led at half either pushing the 1st H spread or covering it but lost all FOUR. Dead wrong about Da Knicks but Robinsons absence hurt significantly at PG. The other loss was HOU -6.5 1st H which went down on a 3 pter with 2 ticks left 7pt led cut to 4. Shit happens had some good reads but ultimately the fact I wasnt home cost me the ability to middle most of my losses ...

Moving along...

Beware of STRONG line moves at this time in the season IMO...try to simly pass on the games...

Mavs -12: LAC is banged up still. Dickau , Maggs , Thornton , Ross and Powell. Mobley , Parker and Fazekas off the bench last game with Knight and TT out in addition to the MASH unit. Simply put look at the damage they did in that 5 game stretching laying DD's recently ? All 20+ wins. Sure Diggler is OUT but injuries can bring teams together and inpire and motivate them ( See the PISTONS today vs PHO). DAL must make a statement here and show they will be fine without Diggler or there season could be lost as panic will set in. They play the next 3 away after this. Hopefully Brandon Bass gets alot of minutes as I think he can be tough. All Mavs must step up especially this Jason Kidd character.

Looking at how CHI has shaked out lately I might entertain a Bulls 1st H , ATL game +4 and ATL 4th quarter....just seems like CHI meltsdown in the fourth quarters...

Let see Port lost SU in Seattle as 8 pt favs and Sonics snapped the streak versus a WASH team who beat the Pistons on TV on Sunday evening and tha DET team beat the hottst team in the NBA in OT shorthanded today..no wonder this line is dropping...Oh but Port is 10-7 SU and 11-6 on B2B's this year. If Was becomes fav they are just 2-4 as road chalk. Simply put I'll take a team who was HOME DOG and pulled off an upset if hey have to travel and win a game SU to cover. Here Wash is +1 so it applies...

Thats all GL and bedtime..:cheers:

After that miracle Laker cover, I feel like I kinda cashed in all my luck chips.

Only thing that halfway sticks out for tomorrow is the SAS/Magic under, and as crazy as it sounds, the Clip show +11.5

San Antonio continues there short road doggie record this year. They are 0-9 ATS, and 0-9 SU as pk -3pt road dog this year.

I remember I mentioned this the last time they played Detroit a week ago, and there was alot of people throwing that game around. Detroit won that game 84-80.

Does it continue, or did that win in Dallas despite Dirks injury spark the flame for them with only 11 games left before the Postseason?

The LVSC opened this line @ SA -1, and it quickly moved to Orlando -1. It got bet up to Orlando -1.5, and now back to -1.

They also opened the Wiz/Portland game with Wizards being a 2.5 pt favorite.

The one time I wouldnt back a DD Dog is when the Fav felt it had something to prove to itself. Dallas is off 3 straight home losses, and the loss of it's leader, and they're at home for the last time before a 3 game road trip. This is a game that could get real ugly real quick for the Clips. As useless as Dallas has been against +.500 teams recently, they've been as devastating on sub .500 ones (last 5, wins by 20, 29, 25, 19 & 25 pts).

For some reason, the Spurs are getting to be bigger and bigger dogs.

Will someone explain to me why...?

yeah they hit 1.5 for about 5 whole minutes on my book, then shot right up to 2.

i thought the line was going to move the other way....and we'd see them at a pk'em

im confused here as well.

For some reason, the Spurs are getting to be bigger and bigger dogs.

Will someone explain to me why...?

Red is it safe to say maybe there just not as good as they used to be? Is there age finally catching up with them?

They have played alot of good teams on the road lately.

This is a tough game to digest. SA blows them out at SA in the beginning of the year.

Orlando is almost a lock for 3 seed, they have 11 games left after tonight with NO and Washington there toughest games.

Who's motivated today?

SA-Orl - Orlando is congealing into #3 spot, Spurs still fighting for seeding. Edge Spurs.

NO-Ind - Hornets are #1 but only 1 game from falling to #6. Pacers are 1.5 games out of #8, so they still have hope. No Edge.

Atl-Chi - This is basically the Bulls last chance, Hawks are trying to hold them, NJ and Indy off. No Edge.

LAC-Dal - Mavs are fighting for their life now, Clips are done. Edge Dallas.

Char-Uta - Kitties has slim hopes left, Jazz have breathing room at #4. No Edge.

Was-Por - Blazers showed how much they care yesterday. Wiz are comfortable, do they care about being #5, #6 or #7? Can they catch Cavs for #4? Suspect edge to Wiz.

Red is it safe to say maybe there just not as good as they used to be? Is there age finally catching up with them?

we say that every year, though...and then they beat the shit out of us all last year at Detroit as 2.5pt dogs....a pounding by over 20.

I don't think they're getting old and not as good. I think the West is just that much better this year that the Spurs don't look as Great as they once did.

Tim Duncan's not Shaq or Horry old...he's approaching 32.
Manu's 31.
Oberto's 32.
Okay, Bowen is pretty old at 36, but it's not like his defense or 3pt shooting is suffering, is it?
Hell, Tony Parker's 25.

I think they had a series of injuries to key guys, especially guards, and they're just now getting back into form. How long has Manu been starting? The Spurs don't want Manu starting games...

They shot a horrible percentage against the Mavs...but they rebounded, played great defense (most of the time), allowed only a few transition buckets, and got done what they needed to get done.

That's what they do.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be better if Duncan, Finley, and Bowen weren't a few years younger, but they're about to have yet another 50 win season, they just won another NBA championship...

and yet again we're talking about how old they are..........

I dunno man. But I remember having this conversation every year...

I think they might've finally turned that corner for the home stretch.

:cheers:

Check out the spurs on Sunday....they held the Mavs to three(3) offensive rebounds. I mean, you'll get more than 3 missed 3s carom off someone's hand in a game for a BS "team" offensive rebound......meanwhile, the Spurs had 16 offensive rebounds, 54 overall, and even though they shot a meager 33%, they had fifteen(15) more shots than the Mavs!

That's not being better - that's out-hustling....from these old assbags in San Antonio.....

Of course it didn't hurt them that they got a lot of foul shots, but this isn't a situation where the refs gifted the Spurs with anything - they were fouling the Spurs in the paint all day - Timmy especially. He doesn't go 1 for 10 unless diggler's or dampier had their arms across his wrists - and they did. A lot.

I watched some of the replay of Dallas-SA 7-8 hours ago and was very impressed...looked like the old SA defense coming to life. On offense they were quite ugly though.

Guys I didn't see any of the SA/DAL game on Saturday. At what point in the game did Diggler go down?

I watched some of the replay of Dallas-SA 7-8 hours ago and was very impressed...looked like the old SA defense coming to life. On offense they were quite ugly though.

:shake:
That's why the under will cash tonight, my friend :tiphat:

Well not the only reason. But it will.

Guys I didn't see any of the SA/DAL game on Saturday. At what point in the game did Diggler go down?

dallas was up comfortably comin out of the 3rd. up 8-10 i saw. spurs made their run being down and i think up by 2. dirk goes down. it's not accurate but close enough marlo.

dallas was up comfortably comin out of the 3rd. up 8-10 i saw. spurs made their run being down and i think up by 2. dirk goes down. it's not accurate but close enough marlo.

Why I asked is because after a injury like that...and all of your teamates watching your captain get hurt...you tend to come out just flat the rest of the game.

we say that every year, though...and then they beat the shit out of us all last year at Detroit as 2.5pt dogs....a pounding by over 20.

I don't think they're getting old and not as good. I think the West is just that much better this year that the Spurs don't look as Great as they once did.

Tim Duncan's not Shaq or Horry old...he's approaching 32.
Manu's 31.
Oberto's 32.
Okay, Bowen is pretty old at 36, but it's not like his defense or 3pt shooting is suffering, is it?
Hell, Tony Parker's 25.

I think they had a series of injuries to key guys, especially guards, and they're just now getting back into form. How long has Manu been starting? The Spurs don't want Manu starting games...

They shot a horrible percentage against the Mavs...but they rebounded, played great defense (most of the time), allowed only a few transition buckets, and got done what they needed to get done.

That's what they do.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be better if Duncan, Finley, and Bowen weren't a few years younger, but they're about to have yet another 50 win season, they just won another NBA championship...

and yet again we're talking about how old they are..........

I dunno man. But I remember having this conversation every year...

I think they might've finally turned that corner for the home stretch.

:cheers:

Good shit Red!

I want to see them play a full 48 tonight against Orlando tonight. It's tough putting faith in a team that hasn't been able to win the close ones recently...and I want to see them beat a better team than Chicago, Sacramento, or a Dirk less Mavs.

My gut is telling me the Spurs win, but alot is stacked against them.

marlo spurs were already on the run and taking the lead before dirk goes down. momentum clearly on their side nothing could have stopped it.

Burp!: Spurs defensive ace Bruce Bowen said he had a plan for dealing with former teammate Hedo Turkoglu, now with the Magic and one of the Eastern Conference's most dangerous shooters.
"I need to take him out to dinner and get him full, so he'll have a heavy stomach on Tuesday night," Bowen said. "I'm really happy what Hedo has done. He's somebody I'm close to in this league.
"It was a great time with him here, and he has really blossomed there."
Turkoglu has made 154 of 378 3-point shots this season and has a career-best scoring average of 19.9 points.
Barry shoots: Newly re-signed Spurs guard Brent Barry went through shooting drills with assistant coach Chip Engelland before the team departed Dallas for Orlando, where they are to play the Magic tonight.
Barry said he was anxious to test the left calf in which he suffered a partial muscle tear on Jan. 24. It was his second muscle tear in the left calf this season.
Barry's status for tonight's game won't be known until after the team's pregame practice this morning.

don't know what this guy is thinking, but he mentions spurs might be looking far ahead from tonight. no idea.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=485 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=ArticleContent vAlign=top width=485><META content=10 name=expiredays><META content=STORY.118e07bf238.93.88.fa.f.3631175 name=vit_story_id><META content=BELO-NO-SYNDICATE name=story_syndication><META content=2008-03-24 name=publication_date><!-- vstory begin -->[SIZE=+2]NBA: Spurs' swagger returns for stretch run

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Web Posted: 03/24/2008 10:13 PM CDT

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer
[/SIZE]
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Spurs are too focused on getting through the final week of March to think about tonight's game against the Orlando Magic at Amway Arena being a potential NBA Finals preview. In fact, even in a conference in which the Boston Celtics have been dominant, the Magic have emerged as a team capable of coming out of the East. They are 46-26 and not far from locking up the Southeast Division title and a first-round matchup against a sub-.500 opponent.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Could they be looking ahead to the Clippers. Probably not. Orlando and the Spurs do not like each other. This is a real game.

real game = under. but spurs shot horrible against mavs does that improve. if the magic dictate the pace and three bombs fall. might soar over 190.5.

the Magic aren't known for their defensive intensity, fellas. the Spurs should get several open shots. Can't say for sure that they'll make em, but they should have good chances.

Question to the Forum

When Spurs/Magic played in November, the game total was 238. The total for tonight's game is 188. Why?

I do not know these two teams very well, so I am looking for someone to explain this. Is there a fundamental reason for this? Is there something with the way these two teams match up against each other that caused such a high-scoring affair? I know Orlando is 2nd in the NBA in 3ball attempts, but that was not the reason in the first meeting between these two as ORL hit just 33% from beyond the arc. I know Parker and Howard both had big games, but that isn't the sole reason either.

Any explanation is appreciated.

could someone tell me the reg score and OT final from the lakers/GS game? I've seen 3 different sites give 3 different scores, which is as helpful as it is pathetic

seriously, how fucked up is yahoo sports this year?

they stay messing up the scores, in game and after the fact.:hang:

and am I to assume the total in the Spurs game dropped 2 points to 188 because Horry isn't playing?

if thats the case then I think it should bump up 2 points cause his worthless ass isn't on the floor

Okay, of course I just typed this out and lost it..here goes again.

Two HUGE factors in the last meeting:

One, the three point shooting. The Magic, although a really good shooting team hit 10-20 from behind the Arc. The Spurs, a team that will hit its share but isn't known for it as much shot an incredible 13-24 from behind the arc. Thats a combined 23-44. Thats a sick percentage from both teams combined.

Look at their season averages--

37.2 and 38.6

Both teams give up a lower percentage as well on defense. Especially the Spurs.

Second, what I believe was the biggest factor. Turnovers. There ws a combined 14 turnovers in ths game with the Spurs having just three of them. Thats unreal. It was a really clean, smooth game with great shooting on both sides.

Basically, you wouldn't see a game such as between these teams again most likely. Previous results do not indicate that the November meeting would be the norm.

The total is set basically the same. SA is playing much better defense now. Orlando is kinda set in stone as far as seeding goes unless something crazy happens. You never know their motivation. At same point they could be quite loose.

Hope that helps

Btw, I will just [post a play in here for tonight since its small. Hit Det small last night..was too late to post...played it like 9 minutes before tip..also hit SA last week for a unit...so got off shneid a bit.

New Orleans -7-110 1.5 units

I'll get a better thread up tomorrow. Hurt my hand a bit the othernight so typing fuckin hurts..hence short responses everywhere. One play may be shaping up for tomorrow.

Btw, I will just [post a play in here for tonight since its small. Hit Det small last night..was too late to post...played it like 9 minutes before tip..also hit SA last week for a unit...so got off shneid a bit.

I'll get a better thread up tomorrow. Hurt my hand a bit the othernight so typing fuckin hurts..hence short responses everywhere. One play may be shaping up for tomorrow.

If you need me to send ETG sister to the southeast I can........

mrs.redbearde likes em by 13.

quote from Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan

I think we've got to have a mature approach to every game because all these games mean something to us," center Dwight Howard said after Orlando's latest home win, 113-95 over Philadelphia on Friday. "Not just try to get the regular season over with, and get to the playoffs. All these games are preparing us. Every day is something to learn to get ready for the playoffs."

Duncan

We've got a lot of tough games coming up down the stretch. We're playing a lot of playoff teams. If nothing else, it's great preparation for the playoffs."

After that miracle Laker cover, I feel like I kinda cashed in all my luck chips.

Only thing that halfway sticks out for tomorrow is the SAS/Magic under, and as crazy as it sounds, the Clip show +11.5

I always have to laugh and I dont mean to be disrespectful as we both had LAL as well. However cant it be considered a MIRACLE that GSW down 9 with 2 + minutes left goes on a 9-0 run against the best player in the NBA who gets to the FT line at will ?? I just people look why to hard at the last "event" and seem to gloss over the other occurrences in the game. The better team found a way to win and thats the wayit should play out in close games...has nothing to do with LUCK. You really think your personal "luck" has anythingto do with a sporting outcome?

Anyway with the UNDER @ ORL I have to agree whole heartedly with BAR. First forget the 238 output and focus onteh 187.5 total that was exceeded by 40 points !! As BAR said look at the 3pt shooting based on the 44 attempts they probbaly hit 8 more then avg baseon %s so thats 24 points I wouldnt expect again. Then factor ORL shot 56% in SA hell that has to be a record and I am sure SA remembers that. There were 102 pts in the paint and I rarely see a NUMBER that HIGH. Dont think we 168 possession again or just 14 turnovers. basically an amzingly effecient offensive game.

I agree SA defense is back looking atther e recent road games 81 @ DAL , 80 @ CHI , 84 @ Det and 94 @ PHO. 103 @ Philly and 100 @ NO were the higher ones..

SA offense is still struggling scoring 80 something in 4 of the 6 above mentioned roadies. While ORL defense is soemwhat improved allowing only 2 of the past 10 teams at home to crack 100.

Also thought the lineshould have been ORL -2 SA still hasnt done much ...2 wins @ Chi , vs Sac and vs Dallas after Diggler went down..

Slight lean towards ORL and the UNDER but not really any value in either....:shake:

Wasted so much time looking a the ORL total and wound up passing but went Magic 1st H and yet again got beat by a 3 with 2 secs left. Only would have been a PUSH but better then a loss...it happens...had the Cuse 1st H -4 for a smidge more so came out a few bucks on top. Gonna ride ATL +4 and Dallas -14 {1.5units} ....might add some DAL at half since I feel LAC best chance to hang is the 1st H....still thinking about the ASU/Fla matchup. Gators on a roll but there play away has been lackluster which is a huge concern for me.....not sure about the later NBA tipoffs @ Utah and Port. Have to assume either Alridge is playingor Butler or Jamison is out since the line has been all over the map....GL be back

Back