Tuesday CFB

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
2008 Posted on CTG

55-40, +28,825

5-6 last week. Started weak but finished strong. Lost 3 units or so off my ytd total.

lots of misleading capping variables associated with this one IMO.

running short on time so I'll get this out there and then add some color below:

Miami-Ohio +8.5, -110; 3 units

A few points:

• I made it under a TD
  • I love Buffalo and cashed big on them last week vs Ohio. RB Starks return last week was a huge boost..
  • From a turnover standpoint Buffalo is getting about as many breaks as they can and Miami Ohio the opposite.. In order for Buffalo to run away with this game (and a spread above 8 suggests this) they will need to continue to dominate the turnover battle. I don't see it happening.
  • LW Miami gave the game away with turnovers.. 7 fumbles, 4 lost and 2 Ints.. They put their defense in bad spots all night long.. If they do it again, like any team that turns the ball over 6 times, they will get beat-- but don't see it.
  • Prior to Kent St. nightmare, Miami of Ohio had a nice little string going, beating BGU away and balling until the end with very good No Illy.. Forget the Kent st game.. Study the two previous games which IMO are more representative of this team.
  • People say the Miami of Ohio defense sucks.. Do they suck ? really. Look deeper IMO.. ALL three linebackers are among the Butkus finalists.. At times this year they have not lived up to that hype, but at other times they have.. What will we see tonight after getting embarrassed LW? Situation
  • Mi-ohio coming off 10 days rest gets a bunch of people back incl. stud RB Merriweather
In conclusion 8+ points is way too much.. This is a one possesion game and give Mi Ohio a decent shot to win it.. I do like Buffalo but they expended a lot of emotion last week and even though this is the first primetime game in their history I think they are due for letdown.. Also, situationally a very talented Mi Oh squad was embarrassed last week. They are capable of beating BGU on the road and hanging with No. Illy so they have talent, are getting healthier and want to earn some respect back from what has been a disappointing season thus far..

Thats what I got.. GL bro's:cheers:

forgot to add:

Almost 100% of the people at blankets are on Buffalo.. They are always a week late, like Todd Palin.

BC - did ya happe to catch the 'Bama opener? -2.5 son, nailed that one.

I should be betting Bama since I told you Saturday the line should be 4.5 or 5, but I'm going to invest emotion rather than money into this game.. although not that much emotion because I'm expecting a loss ;)

Redhawks had so many chances - that was excuciating to watch, almost seemed like the young QB was scared to make contact with anyone.

Bounceback wednesday?

Back