TuesDay Bases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
12-11-1 -4.33 last YTD +68.98U

Tues
if anyone wants to discuss, I will be glad to state my opinion
GL

902 Atlanta Braves* -110 vs Washington Nationals x3...my plays are Always listed with SP's
901 Washington Nationals/Atlanta Braves* Over 6 -190 x1
902 Atlanta Braves* -2½ +300 vs Washington Nationals 50 wins 150

903 New York Mets* +108 vs Miami Marlins x1
903 New York Mets/Miami Marlins* Under 9 -165 x1

906 Cincinnati Reds* -188 vs Milwaukee Brewers x3
905 Milwaukee Brewers/Cincinnati Reds* Under 7½ -150 x1

907 Pittsburgh Pirates* +112 vs Chicago Cubs x2
907 Pittsburgh Pirates/Chicago Cubs* Over 7 -135 x1

910 St Louis Cardinals* -1 -142 vs Philadelphia Phillies x5
909 Philadelphia Phillies/St Louis Cardinals* Under 7½ -125 x1

912 Arizona Diamondbacks* -112 vs Colorado Rockies x1
911 Colorado Rockies/Arizona Diamondbacks* Over 8 -145 x1

914 Los Angeles Dodgers* -178 vs San Francisco Giants x1
913 San Francisco Giants/Los Angeles Dodgers* Over 5 -215 x1

915 Kansas City Royals* +128 vs Cleveland Indians x half
915 Kansas City Royals/Cleveland Indians* Over 7 -120 x half

917 Toronto Blue Jays* +107 vs Boston Red Sox x1
917 Toronto Blue Jays/Boston Red Sox* Over 8 -140 x 1

919 Tampa Bay Rays* -101 vs New York Yankees x1
919 Tampa Bay Rays/New York Yankees* Over 7 -170 x1

<tbody>
[TD="class: whitebg"]04/28
7:05p[/TD]
[TD="class: whitebg"]921
922[/TD]
[TD="class: whitebg-left, width: 200"]

<tbody>
[TD="class: whitebg-left, width: 25%"] CWS
BAL[/TD]
[TD="width: 5%"] [/TD]
[TD="class: whitebg-left, width: 70%"]J. Samardzija
U. Jimenez[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]

</tbody>

Postponed ....Rioters and looters belong in jail, in the morgue, or at the very least on the busness end of a nite stick...what in the hell are we letting out cities and Nation come to!!

919 Tampa Bay Rays* -101 vs New York Yankees x1
919 Tampa Bay Rays/New York Yankees* Over 7 -170 x1

<tbody>
[TD="class: whitebg"]04/28
7:05p[/TD]
[TD="class: whitebg"]921
922[/TD]
[TD="class: whitebg-left, width: 200"]

<tbody>
[TD="class: whitebg-left"] CWS
BAL[/TD]
[TD="width: 5%"][/TD]
[TD="class: whitebg-left, width: 70%"]J. Samardzija
U. Jimenez[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]

</tbody>

Postponed ....Rioters and looters belong in jail, in the morgue, or at the very least on the busness end of a nite stick...what in the hell are we letting out cities and Nation come to!!

Hound:

I agree on your thoughts about Baltimore... The Mayor of Baltimore should be held accountable for her lack of response to yesterday's fiasco....

Now back to the business at hand, hopefully you have a winning night... I'm on the Tribe today, even though they screwed me over last week.
Here is the "lowdown" on Guthrie
Jeremy Guthrie (1-1, 5.50), who faces the team he's struggled the most against in his career. The right-hander is 5-5 with a 6.06 ERA in 13 career appearances - including 11 starts - against Cleveland. That ERA is his highest against any opponent he's faced more than five times.
Several Indians have fared very well in this matchup. Carlos Santana is 10 for 21 with two homers and three doubles against Guthrie, Jason Kipnis is 11 for 20, also with two home runs and three doubles, and Lonnie Chisenhall is 8 for 15 with a homer.
Guthrie struggled with his control against Minnesota on Wednesday, matching a career high with six walks and allowing three runs over five innings in a 3-0 loss.

923 Seattle Mariners* -115 vs Texas Rangers x1
923 Seattle Mariners/Texas Rangers* Over 8 -150 x half

925 Detroit Tigers* -137 vs Minnesota Twins x half
925 Detroit Tigers/Minnesota Twins* Over 8 -140 x half

Agree on both comments above....the entire situation was completely mismanaged in Baltimore by the mayor. They could have and should have put a stop to it much earlier by calling in the National Guard and additional law enforcement resources. These people were just looking for an excuse to riot, loot, pillage....has nothing to do with Freddie Gray case. The whole situation is disgusting to the point where I am embarrassed to be from the state of MD.

928 Oakland Athletics* -147 vs Los Angeles Angels x2
927 Los Angeles Angels/Oakland Athletics* Over 7 -120 x2

930 San Diego Padres* -145 vs Houston Astros x1
929 Houston Astros/San Diego Padres* Over 6 -150 x1

thoughts on miami?
Here is what I look at when I start capping a game. Looking @ Met/Fish

How are the tms playing overall:
Mets are hot after winning six of their last eight games. The Mets have allowed nine runs in their last three games and three or less runs in five of their last seven games. The Mets have won 10 straight games when allowing three or less runs. All five of the New York Mets losses this season have come on the road ... but they are a good tm
Marlins have scored 15 runs in their last three games and four or more runs in six of their last nine games. The Marlins have won seven of their last 11 games when topping three runs.IMO the Fish are in the process of becoming a decent tm.

Pitching:
Montero @ 0-1 with a 4.15 ERA and seven strikeouts this season. Since he does not have much to go on with stats this yr, I have to go back to last yr to try and get a handle on what he is capable of and he was 1-0, 0.50 in his last three starts LY, with all three staying under total.
Phelps is 1-0 with a 3.55 ERA and eight strikeouts in 12 innings this season.

At this pt I look at my notes. Yes, I keep a note book on each tm, as my mem isnt what it used to be :) some stats and some of just what I think about the tm, players and just some thoughts in general which all help with a decission, some of which I list.
A side note here, before the internet I had volumes and volumes of notebooks to help with capping, hell that was the only way to get up to date info. About 1999 when info became plentiful on the web, I quit the notebooks and copy and pasted. When I met Wireto Wire in 2000 he talked me into keeping notes again as U can add ur own personal thoughts on each tm and I think that helps
So, a few notes
The Mets own the best record in baseball and are off to their best start since 1986.
Murphy is finally contributing...Murphy hasn't done much to help New York's 15-5 record, but that's starting to change after driving in five runs with a homer and two doubles in the last two games, boosting his season average 29 points to .174.
The Mets have won 13 of 16 against the Marlins (8-12), including all five meetings this season. They haven't put together a longer winning streak in the series since taking seven in a row Aug. 9-Sept. 23, 2012.
Lagares is batting .404 in his last 13 games against Miami, going 8 for 19 this year after collecting a double and a single while scoring on Murphy's homer Monday.
The Mets Montero (0-1, 4.15 ERA) from Triple-A Las Vegas to make a spot start in order to give the rotation an extra day of rest. Collins is planning to limit ace Matt Harvey and 41-year-old Bartolo Colon to 30 starts apiece.
Montero made four relief appearances before being sent to the minors April 17. The right-hander was 1-3 with a 3.98 ERA in eight starts as a rookie last year.Both of his previous meetings with the Marlins came out of the bullpen, as he yielded one unearned run in 1 2-3 innings.
Miami had six singles Monday after hitting .324 with 32 runs while winning the previous five games.
Gordon is 10 for 17 over the past four, and he has a .441 average in his last eight meetings with the Mets. The second baseman is 8 for 13 over the past three matchups after getting two hits in the series opener.
Marlins are giving David Phelps (1-0, 3.55) a third turn in the rotation with Henderson Alvarez on the disabled list with right shoulder inflammation.
Phelps' 1st start was a 4-1 loss to the Mets on April 17, yielding one run and one hit with three walks in 4 2-3 innings. He was even better at Philadelphia on Thursday, tossing seven scoreless innings and allowing three hits in a 9-1 victory.He is a spot pitcher and when he misses it normally away from hitter.Phelps hasn't done that in two home games, giving up four runs with two walks in one inning of relief.
At this pt I will have decided to make a one U play on the Mets and I stop looking...If more than one U I would keep digging until I feel very conforatble with whatever play I decide on. Lots of other stuff one can gleam and sometimes helpfull but I tend to spend 20-30 min/game already and I have to stop somewhere.
I also keep my personal # on each tm which I derive a line, side and total as I need a starting place. in this case I made the Mets a one run fav with a total of 7.5

gsro, hope this helps a little to see where I am coming from....I am not always correct but in my mind I feel pretty good before laying coin down

GL and Thanks for asking
GL on ur plays
:shake:

Here is what I look at when I start capping a game. Looking @ Met/Fish

How are the tms playing overall:
Mets are hot after winning six of their last eight games. The Mets have allowed nine runs in their last three games and three or less runs in five of their last seven games. The Mets have won 10 straight games when allowing three or less runs. All five of the New York Mets losses this season have come on the road ... but they are a good tm
Marlins have scored 15 runs in their last three games and four or more runs in six of their last nine games. The Marlins have won seven of their last 11 games when topping three runs.IMO the Fish are in the process of becoming a decent tm.

Pitching:
Montero @ 0-1 with a 4.15 ERA and seven strikeouts this season. Since he does not have much to go on with stats this yr, I have to go back to last yr to try and get a handle on what he is capable of and he was 1-0, 0.50 in his last three starts LY, with all three staying under total.
Phelps is 1-0 with a 3.55 ERA and eight strikeouts in 12 innings this season.

At this pt I look at my notes. Yes, I keep a note book on each tm, as my mem isnt what it used to be :) some stats and some of just what I think about the tm, players and just some thoughts in general which all help with a decission, some of which I list.
A side note here, before the internet I had volumes and volumes of notebooks to help with capping, hell that was the only way to get up to date info. About 1999 when info became plentiful on the web, I quit the notebooks and copy and pasted. When I met Wireto Wire in 2000 he talked me into keeping notes again as U can add ur own personal thoughts on each tm and I think that helps
So, a few notes
The Mets own the best record in baseball and are off to their best start since 1986.
Murphy is finally contributing...Murphy hasn't done much to help New York's 15-5 record, but that's starting to change after driving in five runs with a homer and two doubles in the last two games, boosting his season average 29 points to .174.
The Mets have won 13 of 16 against the Marlins (8-12), including all five meetings this season. They haven't put together a longer winning streak in the series since taking seven in a row Aug. 9-Sept. 23, 2012.
Lagares is batting .404 in his last 13 games against Miami, going 8 for 19 this year after collecting a double and a single while scoring on Murphy's homer Monday.
The Mets Montero (0-1, 4.15 ERA) from Triple-A Las Vegas to make a spot start in order to give the rotation an extra day of rest. Collins is planning to limit ace Matt Harvey and 41-year-old Bartolo Colon to 30 starts apiece.
Montero made four relief appearances before being sent to the minors April 17. The right-hander was 1-3 with a 3.98 ERA in eight starts as a rookie last year.Both of his previous meetings with the Marlins came out of the bullpen, as he yielded one unearned run in 1 2-3 innings.
Miami had six singles Monday after hitting .324 with 32 runs while winning the previous five games.
Gordon is 10 for 17 over the past four, and he has a .441 average in his last eight meetings with the Mets. The second baseman is 8 for 13 over the past three matchups after getting two hits in the series opener.
Marlins are giving David Phelps (1-0, 3.55) a third turn in the rotation with Henderson Alvarez on the disabled list with right shoulder inflammation.
Phelps' 1st start was a 4-1 loss to the Mets on April 17, yielding one run and one hit with three walks in 4 2-3 innings. He was even better at Philadelphia on Thursday, tossing seven scoreless innings and allowing three hits in a 9-1 victory.He is a spot pitcher and when he misses it normally away from hitter.Phelps hasn't done that in two home games, giving up four runs with two walks in one inning of relief.
At this pt I will have decided to make a one U play on the Mets and I stop looking...If more than one U I would keep digging until I feel very conforatble with whatever play I decide on. Lots of other stuff one can gleam and sometimes helpfull but I tend to spend 20-30 min/game already and I have to stop somewhere.
I also keep my personal # on each tm which I derive a line, side and total as I need a starting place. in this case I made the Mets a one run fav with a total of 7.5

gsro, hope this helps a little to see where I am coming from....I am not always correct but in my mind I feel pretty good before laying coin down

GL and Thanks for asking
GL on ur plays

ask for a piece of cake and I get the whole thing - love it!! thanks for your insightful post..i still know a few people (younger) that keep notes on teams like you and W2W do so don't feel old :p
:tiphat:

BOL

Hound:

I agree on your thoughts about Baltimore... The Mayor of Baltimore should be held accountable for her lack of response to yesterday's fiasco....

Now back to the business at hand, hopefully you have a winning night... I'm on the Tribe today, even though they screwed me over last week.
Here is the "lowdown" on Guthrie
Jeremy Guthrie (1-1, 5.50), who faces the team he's struggled the most against in his career. The right-hander is 5-5 with a 6.06 ERA in 13 career appearances - including 11 starts - against Cleveland. That ERA is his highest against any opponent he's faced more than five times.
Several Indians have fared very well in this matchup. Carlos Santana is 10 for 21 with two homers and three doubles against Guthrie, Jason Kipnis is 11 for 20, also with two home runs and three doubles, and Lonnie Chisenhall is 8 for 15 with a homer.
Guthrie struggled with his control against Minnesota on Wednesday, matching a career high with six walks and allowing three runs over five innings in a 3-0 loss.

Thanks HesNot mine either...and u may be correct but I was so pissed after last nite with Indians struggling to string the wins together and the struggles of Cy Young award winner Corey Klube.I made this a pk so I decided to go with the +$
Appreciate the feedback
BOL

Agree on both comments above....the entire situation was completely mismanaged in Baltimore by the mayor. They could have and should have put a stop to it much earlier by calling in the National Guard and additional law enforcement resources. These people were just looking for an excuse to riot, loot, pillage....has nothing to do with Freddie Gray case. The whole situation is disgusting to the point where I am embarrassed to be from the state of MD.

Stay safe my friend
GL on ur plays

Just heard that the O's are going to play to an empty locked stadium Wed @ 2pm

once again, What is out great country coming to??

Great stuff bloody. Maybe a little 101 when college football season arrives. GL!

BOL Today BH. Really like your card today.

Wise, I have made that suggestion several times and I think it would help many folk... but there is so much to look at and some many cappers put emphasis on so many different stats, I think it should be a group effort. Hell, I just hope I'm still here come college footballball season, my most loved sport. Thanks and GL Wise

rome, Thanks, and GL

You can't leave now Blood, I'm finally starting to learn something.

What are you thinking on the hoops tonight?

Zane, not much help on early game as I played 518 Houston Rockets* -6 -120 vs Dallas Mavericks x1 and Under222 x1
Houston has played decent D at home this year allowing only 98 ppg and teams are shooting only 29% from 3pt range Dallas doesnt play much D but they will have to try tonite or this will be ugly Its @ -8 now and I have know prob with that #

522 Los Angeles Clippers* -2 -110 vs San Antonio Spurs x1
521 San Antonio Spurs/Los Angeles Clippers* Under 205 -120 x1 the total has moved down quit abit but the side is holding around the open.I am staying with my Clips and hoping they keep to a low scoring grind it out game

Player, Thanks pard, GL

a few parlays

1. 4/28/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 902 Atlanta Braves* -113 vs Washington Nationals
    AJ Cole - R Listed J Teheran - R Listed
  2. 4/28/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 903 New York Mets* +119 vs Miami Marlins
    R Montero - R Listed D Phelps - R Listed
Risking 100 To Win 313

par

1. 4/28/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 906 Cincinnati Reds* -186 vs Milwaukee Brewers
    K Lohse - R Listed J Cueto - R Listed
  2. 4/28/2015 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 907 Pittsburgh Pirates* -111 vs Chicago Cubs
    J Locke - L Listed T Wood - L Listed
Risking 100 To Win 192

par

1. 4/28/2015 8:15 PM MLB Baseball 910 St Louis Cardinals* -210 vs Philadelphia Phillies
    S Gonzalez - R Listed M Wacha - R Listed
  2. 4/28/2015 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 914 Los Angeles Dodgers* -173 vs San Francisco Giants
    M Bumgarner - L Listed C Kershaw - L Listed
Risking 100 To Win 133

par

1. 4/28/2015 7:05 PM MLB Baseball 919 Tampa Bay Rays* -102 vs New York Yankees
    J Odorizzi - R Listed C Whitley - R Listed
  2. 4/28/2015 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 923 Seattle Mariners* -116 vs Texas Rangers
    J Happ - L Listed R Detwiler - L Listed
Risking 50 To Win 134

par

1. 4/28/2015 8:10 PM MLB Baseball 925 Detroit Tigers* -139 vs Minnesota Twins
    A Sanchez - R Listed M Pelfrey - R Listed
  2. 4/28/2015 10:05 PM MLB Baseball 928 Oakland Athletics* -144 vs Los Angeles Angels
    J Weaver - R Listed S Gray - R Listed
Risking 100 To Win 191

par

1. 4/28/2015 8:10 PM MLB Baseball 925 Detroit Tigers* -139 vs Minnesota Twins
  2. 4/28/2015 10:05 PM MLB Baseball 928 Oakland Athletics* -144 vs Los Angeles Angels
  3. 4/28/2015 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 930 San Diego Padres* -157 vs Houston Astros
    R Hernandez - R Listed T Ross - R Listed
Risking 50 To Win 188

par

1. 4/28/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 902 Atlanta Braves* -113 vs Washington Nationals
    AJ Cole - R Listed J Teheran - R Listed
  2. 4/28/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 903 New York Mets* +119 vs Miami Marlins
    R Montero - R Listed D Phelps - R Listed
  3. 4/28/2015 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 906 Cincinnati Reds* -186 vs Milwaukee Brewers
    K Lohse - R Listed J Cueto - R Listed
  4. 4/28/2015 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 907 Pittsburgh Pirates* -111 vs Chicago Cubs
    J Locke - L Listed T Wood - L Listed
  5. 4/28/2015 8:15 PM MLB Baseball 910 St Louis Cardinals* -210 vs Philadelphia Phillies
    S Gonzalez - R Listed M Wacha - R Listed
  6. 4/28/2015 9:40 PM MLB Baseball 911 Colorado Rockies* +1½ -190 vs Arizona Diamondbacks
    K Kendrick - R Listed A Bradley - R Listed
  7. 4/28/2015 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 914 Los Angeles Dodgers* -173 vs San Francisco Giants
    M Bumgarner - L Listed C Kershaw - L Listed
  8. 4/28/2015 7:05 PM MLB Baseball 919 Tampa Bay Rays* +1½ -220 vs New York Yankees
    J Odorizzi - R Listed C Whitley - R Listed
  9. 4/28/2015 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 923 Seattle Mariners* +1½ -240 vs Texas Rangers
    J Happ - L Listed R Detwiler - L Listed
  10. 4/28/2015 8:10 PM MLB Baseball 925 Detroit Tigers* -139 vs Minnesota Twins
  11. 4/28/2015 10:05 PM MLB Baseball 928 Oakland Athletics* -144 vs Los Angeles Angels
  12. 4/28/2015 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 930 San Diego Padres* -157 vs Houston Astros
    R Hernandez - R Listed T Ross - R Listed
Risking 50 To Win 2103

Back