Tuesday 04/14/15 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - TUE 4/14[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 4/14[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]701[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Toronto Raptors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-2 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.787[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 208.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]702[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Boston Celtics[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+2 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.150[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 208.5 1.980[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 4/14[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]703[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+9.5 1.884[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]704[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Indiana Pacers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-9.5 2.020[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 4/14[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]705[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-10 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.200[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 207 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]706[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+10 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 5.230[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 207 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that Chicago want to finish third and Toronto rather finish fouth.
Indiana + Boston ML should be easy money.

Six points line movement in Boston (reversed the line) and 3 points in Indiana...

Here are the playoff scenarios entering play Tuesday, April 14. There are four days until the NBA playoffs begin.
EASTERN CONFERENCE
Locks: Atlanta Hawks (No. 1 seed, Eastern Conference, home court throughout conference playoffs)
Cleveland Cavaliers (playoff berth, Central division, 2-seed LOCKED, home court in first two rounds)
Chicago Bulls (playoff berth, home court in the first round)
Toronto Raptors (Atlantic Division championship, top-four seed, tiebreaker advantage over non-division winners, home court in the first round)
Washington Wizards (playoff berth, 5-seed LOCKED)
Milwaukee Bucks (playoff berth, 6-seed LOCKED)
Current matchups
(1) Atlanta Hawks vs. (8) Indiana Pacers
(2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (7) Boston Celtics
(3) Toronto Raptors vs. (6) Milwaukee Bucks
(4) Chicago Bulls vs. (5) Washington Wizards
No. 1 seed: As long as the Hawks are in the conference playoffs, they'll have home-court advantage. Incredible season.
No. 2: The Cavaliers have clinched the Central Division, the 2-seed, and will have home court in the first two rounds. Amazing turnaround and quite the homecoming for LeBron James.
Nos. 3-5: Chicago won Monday, putting them a half-game up on Toronto, but the Raptors control their own destiny. Win out and the Raptors will play the Milwaukee Bucks. Lose and they face the Wizards.
The Bulls are still staring down the barrel of facing the team that knocked them out in the first round last year. Not ideal, even if it keeps them out of the Cavs' bracket until the ECF. The Bulls have clinched home-court advantage in the first-round.
The Wizards are in and locked as the fifth seed
Remaining schedules:
Toronto: at Celtics, vs. Hornets
Chicago: vs. Hawks
Relevant games Tuesday: Raptors at Celtics
No. 6: Milwaukee locked the sixth seed Sunday. They'll face the Raptors or Bulls. From worst to ... well, sixth in a weak conference. Fear the deer!
deer-running-through-restaurant.gif

Nos. 7-8: Everything came up Boston this week. On Monday, the Nets' loss clinched a playoff spot for the Celtics. They'll face Cleveland or Atlanta. Win one more, or if the Pacers lose one, the Celtics clinch the No. 7 seed. If they lose out (vs. TOR on Tuesday, at MIL on Wednesday) and the Pacers win out, the Pacers land the 7th seed. But the likely scenario is that Boston is the No. 7 and faces Cleveland. Kind of a crappy reward for making the playoffs, though. "Hey, here you go, here's LeBron in a first-round series. Good luck with that, Marcus Smart and Kelly Olynyk!"
Indiana got its break: Brooklyn's loss Monday opened the door. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, Indiana controls its destiny for a playoff spot. Win their final two, vs. the Wizards and Grizzlies on Tuesday and Wednesday, and they're in.
As for the Nets and Heat: The Nets need to win their final game and for the Pacers to lose one of two or Brooklyn's done. If the Pacers lose both and the Nets lose theirs, and the Heat win their remaining game, guess what? Miami has head to head tiebreaker by virtue of playing Brooklyn four times, and so they would get in! Madness! Here's a chart! Of Madness!
eastchart2.jpg

Remaining schedules:
Boston: vs. Raptors, at Bucks
Brooklyn: vs. Magic
Indiana: vs. Wizards, at Grizzlies
Miami: at 76ers
Relevant games Tuesday: Raptors at Celtics, Wizards at Pacers
<figure style="display: table; position: relative; float: left; margin: 0px 10px 20px 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: proxima-nova, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22.3999996185303px;">
<figcaption style="display: table-caption; caption-side: bottom; font-size: 13px; font-weight: 700; line-height: 1.4em;">The Pacers and Thunder are watching their playoff hopes go opposite directions. (USATSI)WESTERN CONFERENCE</figcaption></figure>Locks: Warriors (playoff berth, division title, No. 1 overall seed LOCKED, Western Conference)
Grizzlies (playoff berth)
Rockets (playoff berth)
Clippers (playoff berth, no worse than fifth, homecourt in the first-round)
Blazers (playoff berth, Northwest division, top-four seed)
Spurs (playoff berth)
Mavericks (playoff berth, 7th seed LOCKED)
Current matchups
(1) Golden State Warriors vs. (8) New Orleans Pelicans
(2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Dallas Mavericks
(3) Los Angeles Clippers vs. (6) Memphis Grizzlies
(4) Portland Trail Blazers vs. (5) Houston Rockets
No. 1 seed: The Warriors have home court throughout the playoffs, including the Finals should they represent the West.
Nos. 2-6: We got a little bit of clarity on Monday.
The Rockets and Clippers won, while the Grizzlies lost. The Grizzlies are eliminated from division-title contention, and cannot gain the No. 2 seed. It's a pretty stunning collapse from a team that looked certain to finish in a top-three spot only two weeks ago. But their late schedule, injuries and the Spurs have conspired against Memphis.
The Clippers cannot finish sixth, the best they can finish is second. The only way the Grizzlies can move up is if the Rockets lose their last game and Memphis beats Indiana at home. The only way the Spurs don't finish with the two seed is if they lose and the Clippers or Rockets win. But if the Spurs lose and the Clippers, Rockets, and Grizzlies win, San Antonio falls to the sixth seed.
Here. I made a chart. A tasty, tasty bloodbath chart.
CCh8_o0W0AItmoG.jpg

Got it?

We know Portland's going to be the four, and they'll start the playoffs on the road.
Remaining schedules:
Grizzlies: vs. Pacers
Rockets: vs. Jazz
Clippers: at Suns
Spurs: vs. Suns, at Pelicans
Relevant games Tuesday: Clippers at Suns
No. 7: The Mavericks are locked into the 7th seed and can rest starters.
No. 8: OKC and the Pelicans won, so this thing's going down to the final day. Pelicans win on Wednesday vs. the Spurs, and they're in. If they lose and the Thunder win, the Thunder are in. If the Thunder lose to the Wolves, the Pelicans are in. That's it. We'll find out Wednesday who's going to Golden State and who's going home.
Relevant games Tuesday: None.

bos/tor....does anyone believe that the raps are a better team than the c's?....maybe but current form and stats indicate a fairly even match up and c's playing for the post season and tor locked...tor playing for revenge of a tough ot loss but the line move makes no sense to me...i am obviously missing something or my bias is getting the way of rational thought

wash/indy....indy cares and wash doesn't unless tune up for the playoffs....like indy as they are playing as well as they can right now

clips/suns....clips playing their best right now although they were lazy in first half last night....line too big...wait on tuck

Wouldn't winner of 4/5 seed play the winner of the 1/8 seed? Raps have had success against the hawks and probably want to avoid the cavs in the 3 spot....could see them tanking to secure 4 to play the wiz and try avoid lebron

bos/tor....does anyone believe that the raps are a better team than the c's?....maybe but current form and stats indicate a fairly even match up and c's playing for the post season and tor locked...tor playing for revenge of a tough ot loss but the line move makes no sense to me...i am obviously missing something or my bias is getting the way of rational thought

wash/indy....indy cares and wash doesn't unless tune up for the playoffs....like indy as they are playing as well as they can right now

clips/suns....clips playing their best right now although they were lazy in first half last night....line too big...wait on tuck

Boston clinched a playoff spot already, one spot left up for grabs

Wouldn't winner of 4/5 seed play the winner of the 1/8 seed? Raps have had success against the hawks and probably want to avoid the cavs in the 3 spot....could see them tanking to secure 4 to play the wiz and try avoid lebron

My .02 they need to get their act together...can't look ahead to a 2nd round....and if they do get their act together , think they have a better matchup with cavs (only if they get healthy and act together)

Well folks, I'm sitting on a Toronto Raptors Over 48.5 Season Wins (-110) wager so I have been following them and their opponents fairly closely these last few days.

I think Boston will play to win today, but knowing they have a seed locked up and could possibly avoid Cleveland with a loss, I feel the Celtics do not care if they get a W or a L tonight.

For the Raptors, I expect them to protect home court tomorrow vs. Charlotte and come away with a W. So with that in mind I am confident I cash the Over 48.5 wins. With that said, I think tonight in Boston is going to be a game where Toronto spreads the minutes out. I do not think they care if they get the W or the L tonight, people talk about them reaching 50 wins being a great accomplishment. Well, if they win tonight perhaps they go for 50 wins. But I do not see them 'going all out' to get this W. If they get the 3 seed or the 4 seed, Toronto is in trouble come playoff time. Doesn't matter who they play. I also do not think this team cares if they play ATL or Cleveland in the 2nd round (if they make it through the first round). They need to be focused on the first round match up regardless of who might be around in the 2nd round.

Go Raptors!

+17 sund. +120 ytd

celts 2nd q over 51- xl
celts ml - max

1q pacers over 49.5 large
1h over 98 xl

Last edited:
Back