Tuesday 04/01/15 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 954"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - TUE 3/31[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 3/31[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]761[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+6 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 3.100[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 195.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]762[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Detroit Pistons[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-6 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.425[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 195.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 3/31[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]763[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Indiana Pacers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+2 1.961[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.160[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 198 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]764[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Brooklyn Nets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-2 1.943[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.781[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 198 2.000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 3/31[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]765[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-8 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.266[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 195.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]766[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Miami Heat[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+8 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 4.260[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 195.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 3/31[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]767[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+3 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.360[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 214 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]768[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-3 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.666[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 214 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Golden State is playing on 2 days rest and the Clippers are playing on 1 days rest. Somehow I can only currently play GS.
Another way to look at it comes up with the same answer. GS playing teams with winning records 21-7 ATS. The Clippers are 15-20 for the season and in the second half 9-9. Game over.

Last edited:
I do not really have an answer in the Spurs game. The Spurs away on Tuesday are 1-5 SU and ATS. Miami at home on Tuesday is 0-6 SU and ATS and March is almost over. Spurs are certainly the better team but they are 5-10 playing after 3 wins

I'm not sure if he prefers to play SAS or LAC in the second round.
I do think that Portland might win LAC, but probably won't win SAS and GSW should match up Portland much better than LAC or SAS.

Updated the lines

I understand that though Hawks haven't said anything, Pinnacle is confident that they are resting their starting five. Still, 6 points dogs against Pistons without Monroe?

I've heard the same thing from multiple sources. No reason for Hawks to play them at all right now. They're locked as #1 in East and they're not catching gsw for best overall.

I also do not buy into gsw giving this game to the clippers. This is an in state rivalry against the team that eliminated them from last year's playoffs. They'll play.

I also do not buy into gsw giving this game to the clippers. This is an in state rivalry against the team that eliminated them from last year's playoffs. They'll play.

i tend to agree here....it is very hard to get players to "not try"....it's just not in the nature of the beast....so kerr would have to achieve it through player substitution....and personally i think it sets a bad team president to acknowledge that its ok to "not try".....if i'm kerr i'm really not afraid of anyone and i play out the string with the same intensity and rest that he has utilized all season....imo.....but the line move is disconcerting if you are thinking gsw which i am

Playing at least 1 dog today in NHL. Hurricanes plus 180. Washington at home is 5-5 last 10 at home. Holtby is 5-3 last 8 at home but 2 of the wins were total joke games involving Toronto and Buffalo. A third was NJ who is a decent team gone super cold. Holtby just won a big upset 5-2 at Rangers and is playing Carolina at home. Washington at home this season on Tuesday is 2-4 and last 10 is 2-8. Carolina is playing well right now and needs points desperately. My line on this game would be Washington minus about 28 cents. No lock at all but Washington is looking at road games coming up vs Montreal, Ottawa and Detroit and this back to home and leave immediately games are frequently a good fade. Carolina is 4-2 last 6 at the site. Just an average bet

if i had listened to tuck and my gut last night on boston would have had a banner night....such is the way

day of the line moves....if u believe them then its det/indy/sa /clips....maybe

atl at det...currently a 9 point move...i could have had det this am and didn't pull the trigger...atl 3-4 L7 and playing 4 in 5 i think...rest makes sense but as divol points out above....det giving 6 to the hawks???.....det 5-2 last 7 and playing as well as they can and imo better than most give credit to....they have played some pretty good games recently with good wins against bos/tor(struggling)/and mem....they are at home and if atl lays down could easily cover this number as i'm sure they would love to have this win

indy at the nets scrapping for the 8 spot....indy plays pretty good d but 2-7 last 9 but 7 in a row before that...nets don't really do anything all that well but 7-2 last 9 and 0-5 before that so opposite of indy....but Lopez threw up 30 the other day and they are at home...indy has a little more talent but tough game to figure...gut says nets....that means nothing

sa at heat as heat scrap for 8 spot and sa rounding into playoff form 13-3 last 16....sa does everything well....indy plays d and does nothing else all that well...i get sa wrong every time but don't see how the heat keep this close....the sa offense will give the heat d everything they can handle and the sa d should shut down the heat....heat tt under?

gsw at the clips....i'm sure the clips would love this one and while i'm not sure about gsw they pretty much come to play every night....the line move is telling and makes no sense to me...this is gsw 4th game on the road then a quick stop at home to face suns (over) and then back on the road for 3....so travel favors clips who are home and rested....clips have 7 in a row and 9-2 last 11 so they are hot and they are scoring points with an uptempo o...not exactly sure but gsw may be more than content to run up and down with them and if so the over will be solid....i won't be betting against gsw but not sure i am playing them either as schedule/clips current form and line move may keep me away....if gsw goes into this determined to win then they will because they are better on both ends of the court and in management as well....imo

couple of totals interest me today (i'm not very good at totals) but atl with their y league style of o playing all the backups and detroit who plays ok d may keep that game low scoring

gsw over with the thought that their is going to be uptempo o on both squads part and a lot of shots taken

will be interested in where cash is with his totals

GOLDEN STATE is 9-1 ATS (+7.9 Units) when playing with 2 days rest this season.

With all due respect that stat at this point to me is meaningless. G.S has nothing else to prove best record, 60 wins they did everything could do to have a great year. Now after this game they go home and play Phoenix (No Problem) then back on the road again to play at Dallas at SAS at New Orleans 3 pretty good teams but they're pretty much locked in and will play hard but a little rest here and there will be given. Maybe in the form of less minutes or day here and a day there to different guys.

The Clippers on the other hand are fighting for the 4th important spot or better with Portland the team they play tomorrow on a back to back so tonight's game becomes very important in case they stub there toe tomorrow at Portland. Even if they do they have @Denver, Home Lakers and @ Lakers then a tough one against Memphis but it's at home then Home against Denver and on the road against Phoenix. Make no mistake this is a huge game for the Clips at a time of the year where GS did all they had to do and the line reflects that. Of course anything can happen but your statement really doesn't have much meaning in tonight's game.

I'll play the Clips ML large.

Played over 198 in Brooklyn game fairly hard. Not ref derived but everything else. 2 teams really dislike each other and are both fighting for a playoff spot. Indiana is 11-5 over b-b. Indiana is 25-11 over on the road. Indiana is 8-0 over away in the 195 to 199.5 range. 8-4 over revenging a home loss. More angles available but Indiana had beat Brooklyn 5 in a row before the reversal and I see fireworks here. By the Indiana is 9-2 over last 11

With all due respect that stat at this point to me is meaningless. G.S has nothing else to prove best record, 60 wins they did everything could do to have a great year. Now after this game they go home and play Phoenix (No Problem) then back on the road again to play at Dallas at SAS at New Orleans 3 pretty good teams but they're pretty much locked in and will play hard but a little rest here and there will be given. Maybe in the form of less minutes or day here and a day there to different gu The Clippers on the other hand are fighting for the 4th important spot or better with Portland the team they play tomorrow on a back to back so tonight's game becomes very important in case they stub there toe tomorrow at Portland. Even if they do they have @Denver, Home Lakers and @ Lakers then a tough one against Memphis but it's at home then Home against Denver and on the road against Phoenix. Make no mistake this is a huge game for the Clips at a time of the year where GS did all they had to do and the line reflects that. Of course anything can happen but your statement really doesn't have much meaning in tonight's game. I'll play the Clips ML large.
Could be. Curry could have his minutes limited for example but the statement large seems a little silly. GS WANTS to dominate and the Clippers have mostly dominated weaker teams. This is a very dangerous game because the GS bench is very strong right now.

In the Stanford Old D game today I bet under 62.5 first half. Stanford is very inconsistent in these first half game but Old D is a Major under in these games scored 20 27 27 and 29 and every first half has gone under

Clips notorious for shitting the bed in big games but they're in a decent spot. Dubs do not strike me as the type of team to take the night off vs potential playoff opposition though. Only team worth a nickel on the Clips' current win streak is the Pels.

Waiting on line-up news across the board.

Played over 198 in Brooklyn game fairly hard. Not ref derived but everything else. 2 teams really dislike each other and are both fighting for a playoff spot. Indiana is 11-5 over b-b. Indiana is 25-11 over on the road. Indiana is 8-0 over away in the 195 to 199.5 range. 8-4 over revenging a home loss. More angles available but Indiana had beat Brooklyn 5 in a row before the reversal and I see fireworks here. By the Indiana is 9-2 over last 11

Brooklyn 5-2 under last 7 home games vs teams with .400 or less road records and 5-1 last 6 Tuesday games. I'm thinking Indy's actually gonna bring some defense with them this time as this is a hugely important game for both teams. Think the side is dependent on how well Brook Lopez does tonight - he's had good games and bad, and it seems like the Nets success in this series is tied to his results.

Pretty sure Miami's only going to be dressing 8-9 players tonight while SA looks pretty healthy. I would certainly be on Spurs if not for some very troubling trends that go against them (but also a ton of trends against MIA as well...). Should've grabbed the line earlier, but it's probably too high now. Gonna kick myself if Spurs demolish them.

EDIT: Screw it. I'm taking 'em. Deng, Whiteside, Anderson, Beasley all out, Napier's probably out as well on a team that's the third worst offensive team in the NBA against a Spurs team that is just rolling right now.

Forgot to mention something on that Indy-Brooklyn total. While the last 4 games in this series has gone over the number, only 1 of the last 6 has gone over today's posted total. That one game was the last one though when Nets beat Pacers 123-111 in Indy ten days ago.

Pretty sure Miami's only going to be dressing 8-9 players tonight while SA looks pretty healthy. I would certainly be on Spurs if not for some very troubling trends that go against them (but also a ton of trends against MIA as well...). Should've grabbed the line earlier, but it's probably too high now. Gonna kick myself if Spurs demolish them.

EDIT: Screw it. I'm taking 'em. Deng, Whiteside, Anderson, Beasley all out, Napier's probably out as well on a team that's the third worst offensive team in the NBA against a Spurs team that is just rolling right now.

Whiteside is playing barring him aggravating anything during warm-ups. That's what I'm hearing anyway.

This is also a little concerning if you're on the Spurs...

Ref: Michael Smith

[TABLE="class: recent_games, width: 641"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="colspan: 9"]RECENT GAMES WITH SAN ANTONIO[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: alt"]DATE[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]VS.[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]SCORE[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]LINE[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]O/U[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]MAR[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]SA FG[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]OPP FG[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]REB[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]01/31/15[/TD]
[TD]LAC[/TD]
[TD]L 85-105[/TD]
[TD]L -5[/TD]
[TD]U 205.0[/TD]
[TD]-25.0[/TD]
[TD]28/75[/TD]
[TD]40/91[/TD]
[TD]36-56[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]01/22/15[/TD]
[TD]@CHI[/TD]
[TD]L 81-104[/TD]
[TD]L -5.5[/TD]
[TD]U 196.0[/TD]
[TD]-28.5[/TD]
[TD]30/81[/TD]
[TD]36/76[/TD]
[TD]39-46[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12/25/14[/TD]
[TD]OKC[/TD]
[TD]L 106-114[/TD]
[TD]L -6[/TD]
[TD]O 196.5[/TD]
[TD]-14.0[/TD]
[TD]42/81[/TD]
[TD]42/81[/TD]
[TD]38-47[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]04/23/14[/TD]
[TD]DAL[/TD]
[TD]L 92-113[/TD]
[TD]L -7.5[/TD]
[TD]O 201.0[/TD]
[TD]-28.5[/TD]
[TD]32/64[/TD]
[TD]45/92[/TD]
[TD]32-35[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]03/08/14[/TD]
[TD]ORL[/TD]
[TD]W 121-112[/TD]
[TD]L -16[/TD]
[TD]O 203.5[/TD]
[TD]-7.0[/TD]
[TD]43/81[/TD]
[TD]46/96[/TD]
[TD]44-45[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]01/26/14[/TD]
[TD]@MIA[/TD]
[TD]L 101-113[/TD]
[TD]L 3.5[/TD]
[TD]O 205.0[/TD]
[TD]-8.5[/TD]
[TD]38/76[/TD]
[TD]43/74[/TD]
[TD]28-37[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]03/22/13[/TD]
[TD]UTA[/TD]
[TD]W 104-97 (OT)[/TD]
[TD]L -11.5[/TD]
[TD]O 198.5[/TD]
[TD]-4.5[/TD]
[TD]39/84[/TD]
[TD]41/96[/TD]
[TD]46-48[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]02/27/13[/TD]
[TD]PHO[/TD]
[TD]L 101-105 (OT)[/TD]
[TD]L -16.5[/TD]
[TD]O 198.5[/TD]
[TD]-20.5[/TD]
[TD]35/81[/TD]
[TD]44/95[/TD]
[TD]44-49[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11/29/12[/TD]
[TD]@MIA[/TD]
[TD]L 100-105[/TD]
[TD]W 6[/TD]
[TD]O 202.0[/TD]
[TD]1.0[/TD]
[TD]36/80[/TD]
[TD]42/86[/TD]
[TD]45-37[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11/07/12[/TD]
[TD]@LAC[/TD]
[TD]L 84-106[/TD]
[TD]L -1.5[/TD]
[TD]U 204.0[/TD]
[TD]-23.5[/TD]
[TD]30/73[/TD]
[TD]46/83[/TD]
[TD]29-46[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

That being said, I'm leaning them as well. My numbers love them.

Where do you see Whiteside out. Spurs have only cashed ATS 4 in a row once this year and Miami is looking at a very tough next game.

Could be. Curry could have his minutes limited for example but the statement large seems a little silly. GS WANTS to dominate and the Clippers have mostly dominated weaker teams. This is a very dangerous game because the GS bench is very strong right now.

That was for my man Cash I always play a % of my BR High when running and Low when not. Good Point..:shake:

Where do you see Whiteside out. Spurs have only cashed ATS 4 in a row once this year and Miami is looking at a very tough next game.
Hassan Whiteside (hand) is questionable to play against the Spurs on Tuesday.
He was cleared to play on Monday despite his hand wound not being entirely healed. It sounds like Miami plays to have him play, but some discomfort at shootaround or in warmups could keep him out of the game. Fantasy owners can start him at their own risk with four games. If your other options aren't promising, Whiteside's upside this week is hard to keep on a fantasy bench. Mar 30 - 5:06 PM

Essentially Heat have a known loss coming and have no reason not to fight hard today. Orlando has been annoying to the Spurs covering last 2 at the site. There is no doubt both these teams fight and there are a lot of secondary trends against both favorites.

Last edited:
By the way I obviously knew Nets under history at home on Tuesday but I repeat. These teams do not like each other and both are fighting for a playoff spot and I see fireworks.

I know Atlanta is going 57 wins to match a club high but something tells me with 4 in 5 there maybe a lot of rest tonight and Detroit has a decent shot to win this win this game. Up to +3 now I'll wait love to get a +4 I think people could be in for a surprise. It's guessing gAme time in the NBA

Essentially Heat have a known loss coming and have no reason not to fight hard today. Orlando has been annoying to the Spurs covering last 2 at the site. There is now doubt both these teams fight and there are a lot of secondary trends against both favorites.

Of the opinion Pops likes to beat up on Riley and Spoelstra. Once Pop is in a team's head, he doesn't relinquish. Unlikely he's looking ahead to the Magic.

One thing you have in your favor is the spurs tendency to pile on when they are going good and tonight's game seems to have that air about it...

The sloppy, let-weaker-opposition hang-around Spurs are in South Beach tonight. At least for the 1st half. 6 TO's so far.

Back