Tuesday 01/08/13 NBA discussion thread

That's exactly why I played Nets here. Sixers haven't see family not on Christmas and not on New Year. Doubt they care all that much about this game...

100% disagree. They care about this game, because they care about the season and have a coach that will have them focused. This extended home trip following the long road trip will make or break their season. They should have beaten Brooklyn in Brooklyn way back when their road trip began. After that game coach Collins bemoaned the foul shot differential and had to bite his tongue to avoid a fine.

On the other side of the ledger, the Nets are not a good ball club, and now they have a sexual assault investigation hanging over their heads going into tonight. Early reports say Blatche, but he denies....only the club knows for sure....if that's not a distraction, then I don't know what is.

Also leaning Lakers. Two players out, will help overall team focus, while detracting from Houston's focus. Lean Pacers and Pacers under as well.

Good Luck.

100% disagree. They care about this game, because they care about the season and have a coach that will have them focused. This extended home trip following the long road trip will make or break their season. They should have beaten Brooklyn in Brooklyn way back when their road trip began. After that game coach Collins bemoaned the foul shot differential and had to bite his tongue to avoid a fine.

On the other side of the ledger, the Nets are not a good ball club, and now they have a sexual assault investigation hanging over their heads going into tonight. Early reports say Blatche, but he denies....only the club knows for sure....if that's not a distraction, then I don't know what is.

Also leaning Lakers. Two players out, will help overall team focus, while detracting from Houston's focus. Lean Pacers and Pacers under as well.

Good Luck.

I would think Philly is going to have a ton of distractions as they are only home for 2 days before going back out to Toronto for tomorrows game... I mean they haven't been home since before XMas. Brooklyn is the better team as well. I think Philly comes out flat tonight and plays well at Toronto. Brook is well rested and has been playing well since Avery got fired. No look ahead spot as they have more days off after this one.

Im going to fade the home team almost always first game back after such a long trip. Players remark how difficult the first game back is, throw in these guys missed Xmas and they likely have a ton of distractions.

The Rape thing makes me hesitant a bit. But, I can't pass up this situation with the better team and getting points. Good luck in your plays tho I always enjoy your thoughts.

I watched the game in Brooklyn. Nets were in control the entire game and Sixers covered only due to three missed FT shots (out of 4) and two three pointers Sixers scored in 2 seconds. Sixers didn't lead even once in the last 40 minutes play.

Few interesting points - a loss today and Suns will have their worst losing streak on the road in the last 27 years.

Skiles was fired because Bucks wanted to be more uptempo and score more. We should be looking for Over results in the next few Bucks games.

Few interesting points - a loss today and Suns will have their worst losing streak on the road in the last 27 years.

Skiles was fired because Bucks wanted to be more uptempo and score more. We should be looking for Over results in the next few Bucks games.

Good point in paragraph 2...something to look at...will definitely just observe tonight...

Maybe, maybe not. The 'uptempo' comment is inaccurate because the Bucks are seventh in the league in pace (ahead of teams like OKC and the Clippers, two teams the casual fan would just assume play at a high tempo). The 'scoring more' part, well, that's been a problem all season - 1) because the team constantly switches off in the 2H for some reason (49.3 1H, 46 2H) and 2) and this is the big part, because there's just not enough shots to go around between both Jennings and Ellis (when one goes cold, the entire offense goes cold). Plus both Jennings and Ellis could conceivably be gone at the end of the season, so I'm sure Skiles wanted no part of trying to rebuild around John Henson and Doron Lamb.

As for what the offense might look like the rest of the season, I actually think they might slow it down a little - I know there's no such stat as "careless turnovers" but, if there were, the Bucks would be right up there along with the Kings (I'm not sure Monta Ellis even looks before making passes). I'm guessing Boylan preaches good old fundamentals to start out.

I will be watching the next few games and monitor the situation. I didn't say Over became an Auto play :)

Thanks for your observation, will try to look carefully after what you mentioned (TO and other).

Good luck!

Their tempo might be high but that doesn't mean the players were happy with what Skiles was preaching. A new voice brings new life as we seen time and time again.

Looking at Atlanta
[h=1]Hawks
atl.gif

[/h]

Past Results by Season
[h=3]Regular Season[/h] [TABLE="class: data"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datahead"]
[TD="width: 11%"]Date[/TD]
[TD="width: 21%"]Vs[/TD]
[TD="width: 18%"]Score[/TD]
[TD="width: 27%"]Type[/TD]
[TD="width: 13%"]ATL Line[/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"]O/U[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: datarow"]
[TD] 01/05/13[/TD]
[TD] Boston [/TD]
[TD] L 81-89[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -5.5[/TD]
[TD] U 187[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 01/04/13[/TD]
[TD] @ Detroit [/TD]
[TD] L 84-85[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -1.5[/TD]
[TD] U 190.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 01/01/13[/TD]
[TD] @ New Orleans [/TD]
[TD] W 95-86[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -2[/TD]
[TD] U 185[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/31/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Houston [/TD]
[TD] L 104-123[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L 5[/TD]
[TD] O 206[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/29/12[/TD]
[TD] Indiana [/TD]
[TD] W 109-100[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -2.5[/TD]
[TD] O 182[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/28/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Cleveland [/TD]
[TD] W 102-94[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -5[/TD]
[TD] O 189.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/26/12[/TD]
[TD] Detroit [/TD]
[TD] W 126-119 (OT)[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -7.5[/TD]
[TD] O 187[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/22/12[/TD]
[TD] Chicago [/TD]
[TD] W 92-75[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -4[/TD]
[TD] U 184.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/21/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Philadelphia [/TD]
[TD] L 80-99[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -2[/TD]
[TD] U 188[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/19/12[/TD]
[TD] Oklahoma City [/TD]
[TD] L 92-100[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L 5.5[/TD]
[TD] U 200[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/18/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Washington [/TD]
[TD] W 100-95 (OT)[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -7[/TD]
[TD] O 187[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/15/12[/TD]
[TD] Golden State [/TD]
[TD] L 93-115[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -6.5[/TD]
[TD] O 196.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/13/12[/TD]
[TD] Charlotte [/TD]
[TD] W 113-90[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -10[/TD]
[TD] O 191[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/12/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Orlando [/TD]
[TD] W 86-80[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -5[/TD]
[TD] U 189.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/10/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Miami [/TD]
[TD] L 92-101[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L 6.5[/TD]
[TD] U 198[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/08/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Memphis [/TD]
[TD] W 93-83[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W 7[/TD]
[TD] U 189[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/07/12[/TD]
[TD] Washington [/TD]
[TD] W 104-95[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] P -9[/TD]
[TD] O 191.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 12/05/12[/TD]
[TD] Denver [/TD]
[TD] W 108-104[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -2[/TD]
[TD] O 199.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/30/12[/TD]
[TD] Cleveland [/TD]
[TD] L 111-113[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -8.5[/TD]
[TD] O 189[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/28/12[/TD]
[TD] Charlotte [/TD]
[TD] W 94-91[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -9[/TD]
[TD] U 193[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/24/12[/TD]
[TD] L.A. Clippers [/TD]
[TD] W 104-93[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W 2[/TD]
[TD] O 188.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/23/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Charlotte [/TD]
[TD] W 101-91[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -3.5[/TD]
[TD] O 190.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/21/12[/TD]
[TD] Washington [/TD]
[TD] W 101-100 (OT)[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -9.5[/TD]
[TD] O 185.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/19/12[/TD]
[TD] Orlando [/TD]
[TD] W 81-72[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -10.5[/TD]
[TD] U 186[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/16/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Sacramento [/TD]
[TD] W 112-96[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W -2[/TD]
[TD] O 188.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/14/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Golden State [/TD]
[TD] L 88-92[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L 1[/TD]
[TD] U 192.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/12/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Portland [/TD]
[TD] W 95-87[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W 2.5[/TD]
[TD] U 193.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/11/12[/TD]
[TD] @ L.A. Clippers [/TD]
[TD] L 76-89[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L 6.5[/TD]
[TD] U 195[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/09/12[/TD]
[TD] Miami [/TD]
[TD] L 89-95[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L 4.5[/TD]
[TD] U 197.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/07/12[/TD]
[TD] Indiana [/TD]
[TD] W 89-86[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -4[/TD]
[TD] U 192[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/04/12[/TD]
[TD] @ Oklahoma City [/TD]
[TD] W 104-95[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] W 9[/TD]
[TD] O 198.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] 11/02/12[/TD]
[TD] Houston [/TD]
[TD] L 102-109[/TD]
[TD] Regular Season[/TD]
[TD] L -5[/TD]
[TD] O 203[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

In at least 2 games we have a situation where we know that
Atlanta is giving 100 %
Lakers are giving 100%
The situations speak for themselves
Problem is in the Laker game it seems unlikely to help them. Trends line up here along with logic.
That said over time i do not think betting against 100% effort pays so I pass that one

From what I gather, Ellis will be gone but it sounds like Jennings will be extended. I don't agree with it, think they should both be moved and try and start fresh.

For the rest of the year, I think the offense will open up and we see higher scoring games. Yeah Brandon and Monta are volume shooters and Bucks have gone way south if one or both are cold, which happens way too often. The bigger problem, in my opinion, was the absurd rotations Skiles used and his overcrowded doghouse. Guys would have 3-4 solid games in a row, next thing you know they barely see the court for a week.

Boylan already said he's puttinf Ersan back into the lineup immediately, hopefully at the expense of Skiles boy Marquis Daniels. That should not only add scoring, but also help efficiency as he will take shots from the two little guys. Hopefully we continue to see Henson get minutes as he's been solid and he needs PT to improve. Same with Tobias, although I'm not nearly as high on him as others seem to be.

Nets at Philadelphia.
I have a vast preference for Western games.
Philadelphia looks like the right side.
They are playing on best rest
They are 2-8 SU and ATS playing b-b
They have lost 5 of their last 6 games and are falling out of contention for the 8th spot
Only side I can play but with low confidence level with these 2 teams we are talking small bet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SU__aP4ZKzk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

who is taking that LAL/HOU over? i gotta bite..

i will prob being kicking myself after a 23-19 first qu but fuck it

In at least 2 games we have a situation where we know that
Atlanta is giving 100 %
Lakers are giving 100%
The situations speak for themselves
Problem is in the Laker game it seems unlikely to help them. Trends line up here along with logic.
That said over time i do not think betting against 100% effort pays so I pass that one

Agreed. One of the my checklist items when capping a game states:

Do you believe team will be giving 100% effort? I answered yes on both Atl and LaL.

This same situation happened in Chicago 6 years ago. Boylan took over midseason for Skiles right around the same time. The pace ended up going up under Boylan. A somewhat similar roster with 2 small guards in Gordon and Hinrich. They finished 11th in the league in pace that season. I think with how the roster is constructed in Milwaukee Boylan will push the pace and lay back on the defensive philosophies. They have such athletic bigs in Sanders and Henson that any competent coach should be able to see that let them run the floor and open it up for 2 of the quicker guys in the league in Jennings and Ellis.

Hope that hou/LA game is old school up n down hoops. Its on NBA TV so I look forward to watching it. I don't say that often bout nba

Harden will get to rim all night. I bet he drops a 37-9-8 type game

As I said all along, Over in Houston was the easiest bet of this year without a doubt even.

Looking at the game results the Lakers lost by 13 and the Houston bench outscored the Laker bench by 14. Really my fault. Started out with Houston a POD and did not play and started out wanting to play Bucks and did not play. Will not happen again.

One of the easier nights in the NBA to cap. That means that tomorrow it probably won't be the case...

Back